InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Done to Death ❯ Forgotten Memories ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Done to Death

Chapter 7: Forgotten Memories (this sounds depressing, ne?)

{{{Warnings: Yes, for once I'm putting a warning up here. (ahem) Okay, there is a part in here that many of my readers have not understood before. Just read through it and then go to the explanation at the bottom of the page. Then, go back and read the part over again and tell me if the explanation helped any. Now back to your regularly scheduled fic.}}}

"But Momma… I don't wanna get up…" Kagome mumbled in her sleep. But, since when did her mother poke her in the ribs with her… boot? And when did her pillow become so hard and lumpy? And, was someone calling her a wench?!

Sitting up from the blankets, Kagome recognized Inuyasha, who was glaring down his nose at her. Standing wordlessly, she lifted her pack, ready to go. Hearing a resounding slap, she turned to see a dazed Miroku and a blushing Sango. Sighing at the priest's stupidity, Kagome smiled at her friend and said, "Sango-chan! Ohayo!"

"Ohayo Kagome-chan. Ready to leave?"

"Hai! But, you sure that you guys don't want to go anywhere except the palace?"

"Gomen Lady Kagome, but we must take you back." Miroku said from his position on the ground. If he didn't move, he could look up Sango's dress. "You understand?"

"Hai. Just thought I'd try…" Kagome said as Sango realized what the priest was doing and slapped him to Hentai kingdom come and back again. Yelling, Inuyasha told the group, "Come on! Stop wasting time! We can talk as we walk!"

Glaring at his friend, Miroku said, "Man, he's cold." Sighing, Kagome started walking to the tree where the outlaw was waiting. Smiling at him she said, "Well, let's go."


[][][]

The group came to a large hill overlooking the last main city before the palace. Sighing, Miroku sat on one of the many large rocks, removed his boots and began rubbing the soles of his feet. Sitting beside him, Sango asked, "Kagome-chan, do you have any water?" Digging through her bag, Kagome tossed the bottle to her friend and sat underneath one large oak, taking in the sun's rays. Glaring at the three, Inuyasha barked, "What are you doing?! We don't have time to rest! Get off your lazy asses and walk!"

"Give it a rest, your highness." Sango instructed, popping her neck. Instantly clamping his mouth shut, Inuyasha continued to glare at the three until he turned his back to them and sat on the grassy hill. Looking at Sango, Kagome asked, "How'd you do that?!"

Shrugging, the girl responded, "I've known him since we were kids. It was a game that we used to play…" Kagome nodded at the vague answer and leaned against the tree trunk. Hearing the wind rustling the leaves, she smiled lazily and closed her heavy eyelids. Slipping into her dreamland, she didn't even feel the pair of arms wrapping around her, carrying her away from her friends.

[][][]

"Miroku, Why do you always grope me?!" Sango screamed at the priest.

"Why do you have to be so beautiful?" Miroku asked her calmly. Glaring at him, Sango asked, "And why can't you ever be serious?"

"Who says that I'm not?" Miroku asked her, just as calm as earlier. Blinking, Sango turned her beet red face away from the man sitting next to her and looked to see if Kagome had heard that last comment. When she didn't see the girl under the tree, she looked to Inuyasha and asked, "Where did Kagome go?" Not looking at the Protector, Inuyasha said, "Isn't she under that tree?"

"No. Did you see her leave?" the girl asked, worry weaving its way into her voice. Looking at her, Inuyasha asked, "She isn't there? Dammit! Did she run away?"

Standing, Miroku inspected the ground under the tree and noticed that some of the dirt formed a trail, leading away from the tree, and then stopped. Visualizing what could have made that, he spoke up to the two others, "She was carried away."

"Huh?" Inuyasha and Sango both looked at him, wondering how he figured that. Pointing to the trail, he said, "First, she was dragged from the tree. Then, someone picked her up, off of the ground, and carried her away from here. That's all I can figure from this."

Picking up her cloak, Sango started walking in the direction that the drag-lines went and yelled over her shoulder, "Well? Let's get amovin'! We don't have all day to rescue her!"

[][][]

Darkness. She was sitting in it, watching as people and places passed her by. Recognizing one person, the girl asked herself, "Are these… my thoughts? Memories? Where am I?" Looking at her palm, she asked again, "Who am I?" Turning her attention once again to the rapidly changing scenes, she gasped when a little boy with a man and a woman zoomed by.

"Sota… Momma… Daddy…" she whispered, but for the life of her, she still couldn't remember her own name. Somehow, she knew that if she could only remember it, she would wake up. Hearing a voice through her thoughts, she caught the words, "…Koharu Kyoko Hikaru Higurashi."

"What was the first word?" she screamed to the unheeding darkness. Through her dewy eyes, she watched as a man with long black hair and a man with short raven hair pulled into a small ponytail sat below her tree, opening the door to their shocked faces, and laughing with them. A girl whizzed by, her face red with anger and embarrassment as she slapped the man with short hair to the ground. Sighing, she said, "Sango… Miroku… Inuyasha…"

Suddenly, it all came back to her. She was engaged to Prince Hojo and she had run away from her home, the Palace. Inuyasha and Miroku had tried to catch her for the bounty, and Sango had taken her in from the outside. They had gone to see Inuyasha's brother, Lord Sesshomaru, where her secret had been discovered. Then the four had set out together to return her to the palace. But, then, why was she in this place? And, What Was Her NAME?!

Yelling out her frustration, she huddled her knees against her body when she heard Inuyasha's voice say, "Why should we tell a wench like you?" "I'd never turn you in for the bounty! Bitch!" Growling to herself, the girl stood and yelled to the scowling image of Inuyasha, "My name is Kagome! Ka-go-me! Not wench, not bitch, KAGOME!"

White light filled her vision as she regained all her forgotten memories and consciousness, and she lost all thought process and gave into the brilliance.

[][][]

Running, the three teens hurried to catch the nameless kidnapper of the princess. Inuyasha led the way, with Miroku and Sango following close behind him. Stopping suddenly, Inuyasha held out his hands to the two others behind him. Looking over his shoulder, Sango gulped as she saw the deep chasm stretching out before her. They had run further east than she had thought. This was Midoriko's Canyon, where the Lady Protector turned Queen had defended the kingdom for seven days straight. Looking to her right, she found a weathered rope bridge a few feet away that stretched across the entire gap. And, on the other side of the chasm was a small, disappearing speck! Not wasting any time, Sango ran to the bridge and started shuffling across it. Ignoring the cries of warning from the two boys, she yelled to them, "Kagome's kidnapper is on the other side!" Blinking momentarily, the two bandits hurried to the bridge and the three ran to the other cliff.

[][][]

`My head hurts…' was Kagome's thought as she squinted her eyes against the midday sun. Someone was carrying her as if she was a sack of potatoes, and it wasn't one of the most comfortable positions she had ever been put into in her life. Struggling to get down from the position, she felt the person stop and grab her by the waist. Blinking away the pain in her head from the sudden movement, the princess gasped when she saw the person's face.

"No, you're…"

()()()

Okay, explanation time!

About the whole `Kagome blanking out and forgetting her memories' thing: Remember how Kagome was kidnapped from under the tree in this chapter? (readers nod) Well, her kidnapper would have naturally knocked her upside the head to keep her in dreamland as long as (s)he could. So, the blow to the head was what caused Kagome to go into the strange, forgetfulness place. Since it has been about half a year since I wrote this, that is all that I remember, so just assume that Kagome had a brief lapse of amnesia, and let's just leave it at that! Now, on to the SHOUTOUTS! (Warning on the shoutouts: When I did the FF .net responses, I was in a VERY sarcastic mood. So, if you feel like I'm putting you down or anything, I am not, it was just the mood that I was in at the moment. I tend to get a little carried away with my humor every now and then, and that just happened to be one of those times! But, other than that, go ahead and find your replies!)

Responses to all my reviewers at Fanfiction .net:

Shalaren: (sweatdrops and laughs nervously) Wow… you really got hyper off that cake, didn't you? But, really, who doesn't love cookie cake? Or Fluffy? Or huggable little Inuyasha. (Yes, I did do that. I used `huggable' to describe the pompous ass, Inuyasha.) (rereads review) `Like' a loony…? Well, uh… (smiles nervously and takes a step back a few feet) Well, let's just say that that white jacket looks nice on ya… Oh, look at the time… (wristwatch hands move) See, that small stick is at the six, and the big stick is at that blank spot in between the three and six! Well, have to run! Been a real blast, let's do it again sometime! (runs off) (Muse: Wow, she was really bored, wasn't she?)

InuYashaLover-08: Well, here is your new chapter. I was seriously debating on whether or not to post this weekend, but it seemed like you would come and get me in my sleep if I didn't post. The whole CAPITAL letters thing… (laughs) But then you ruined the whole mood by saying `Plz?' so, here you go, the next installment, hopefully as entertaining as the rest of the chapters.

Randomunit02: Gack! Four words this time! Are you going for a new record or something? `Shortest Review Award'? Sorry, but that is for `The Cousin', that's the only fic where I am gonna give out awards… So… Uh… (smiles) (Muse: She smiles when she can't think of anything else to say… How pathetic…) (Kimiki: Shut up you!) (Muse: If I shut up, then all your inspiration goes down the drain…) (Kimiki: Don't you dare stop talking, you great little Muse, you!) (Muse: …Flattery will get you nowhere.) (Kimiki: Damn.)

Alyssa: My gosh! You are a master of being subtle! (joking) But, thanks for the review, really was funny… (smiles) But, I've stared unblinkingly before… So, if you were like that the whole time that you were waiting for this next chapter, I have a piece of advice for you: Blink! Blink now!

Responses to all my reviewers at MediaMiner .org:

Phoenix_of_the_Moon: Dude, your review was so wordy! Wow! …Wait, your first two sentences were all `Look, I know big words, and I can spell them correctly to boot!', then you second two were all, `Hey, I'm from Oklahoma!' So, which is it! I demand an answer now! (stares intently at you, demanding that you answer) (Ps: If you are offended by the whole Oklahoma thing, I don't blame you. It is just that I am from the state myself, so I can make fun of it all I want and not be labeled as someone that is snobby, looking down on the state full of rednecks. In fact, some of my cousins are rednecks!) (PSS: I did like the last two sentences, however. They made me laugh. (smiles))

InuGirlTeen: Really? You like my AU, when you usually don't like em that much? That gave me a huge burst in self esteem! (smiles happily) Haha! I can do anything! (Muse: You can't fly) (Kimiki: Watch me!) (goes to top of building) (Muse: …) (Announcer person voice thingy: Stay tuned to see what Kimiki will do! Will she fly, or fall to her death? Next time on InuGirlTeen's response; No Need For Stupid Author's With Their Pointless Little Ramblings! (It's positively deranged)) (kudos to anyone who knows what anime that last part was based on…)

Kouga_Lover_3056: Wow! 10 out of 10?! I feel so loved! (smiles) (Ps: I have a question: What does the `3056' stand for? Just wondering…)

chickenlover2_nli: No, I wouldn't say that Naraku is in -love- with Kagome. More like, in love with her position. I mean, come on, all Naraku wants to do in life is three things; 1. Rule the World, 2. Be able to laugh evilly anytime he wants, and 3. Get his hair and nails done every weekend. (Not necessarily in that order, either…)


beta: Yeah. I liked this chapter also… for once I don't have that much to say to ya… But, it doesn't really matter since you hopped the pond, and your now with the Europeans over there, looking down on all us Americans. Hope the play goes well! Don't forget the candles! (smiles) (Ps: Did you get a rock?!)