InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Double the Trouble ❯ Date Exchange ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer- I do not own Inuyasha.


Chapter 4-Changing Places


"No, Kagome I'm not going to do it. If you were so nervous you should have said no."

"Please, Sango. I really really like him and I will go in yourplace as well. Please just this one time. I don't want to ruin my first date with him because I'm nervous."

"Kagome, I'm not doing it."

"Please, I'm begging you." Kagome gets down on her knees in front of Sango who is sitting in her bed. She looks up at her with her bug sad eyes.

"I can't beleive I'm saying this, but fine I will go in your place and you go in mine."

"Thank you, thank, you, thank you."

"We have to meet them in an hour."

"Well I have to get you ready then."

"What?"

"You have to dress like me, so come on."

"Okay, but then I'm dressing you."

"Okay deal."

They went into Kagome's room. She picked tight-fitting blue jeans and a pink shirt that only had one strap, leaving her other shoulder completly exposed.

"Do I really have to wear this?"

"Yes, or he'll know it's not me. Now, take your hair down."

"But I like my hair in a ponytail."

"Yes, but I usually don't wear my hair like that, so take it down."

She reluctantly did this and her long wavy hair spilled down to the middle of her back. Kagome then gave her some lip-gloss and then gave her pink flip flops.

"Okay, am I done now?"

"Yes, you are dressed just like me."

"Okay, come on it's your turn now."

Sango dragged Kagome into her room. She knew Kagome hated her jeans with chains on them, so she gave her a pair of the tight and a black tanktop that said 'hi loser' on the front. She then gave her her famous boots she always like wearing and made Kagome put her hair into a high ponytail. She then made her take off all of her makeup and looked at her approvingly.

"You look just like me." They both laughed.

"Thank for doing this for me Sango. You are the best sister ever."

"I know."

"Hey let's see if Rin can tell us apart still befroe we leave."

They walked into the living room wear Rin was sitting on the couch watching tv. They both cleared their throats at the same time and she turned to look at them.

"You girls look very nice for yor dates, but tell me why are you dressed like each other?"

"How'd you know?"

"Well, Sango is about an inch taller than you Kagome and besides you are my sisters. I can always tell you apart."

"Okay, but if you hadn't know us very long would you know the difference?"

"No, I wouldn't."

"Good, let's go Sango."

They went outside and exchanged keys.

"Where am I meeting Miroku? You never told me?"

"Oh, we're meeting at that little cafe to have lunch first and after that I don't know."

"Okay and Kagome don't cry during the movie if it's sad. You have to act just like me."

"Okay, and you have to be sensative and funny, but not in a 'smart-ass' kind of way."

"Right, okay see ya later."

"Bye."

////////////////////////////////////////// /////////////

Kagome drove into Inuyasha's driveaway, parking so she didn't block in any other vehicle. She had followed the directions Sango had given her and it led her here. This was by far the biggest house in this town she had ever seen. It hardly even qualified as a house. It was more like a mansion.

She got out and went to the door and rang the door bell. A short woman answered the door and looked at her diasapprovingly.

"Uh, is Inuyasha here? I'm Kag-, I mean Sango and I'm supposed to be meeting him here."

THe woman nodded her head as if she had been warned Sango would be coming. Sesshomaru had probably told this woman who she assumed to be his maid, to watch out for Sango.

She allowed her to enter. And Kagome was in awe as she saw the place was even more beautiful on the inside.

"Master Inuyasha will be down in a moment. Take a seet on the couch over there and make yourself at home." She said the last part as if she really ahdn't meant it, but Kagome sat down none the less.

Kagome only waited a minute before Inuyasha came down the stairs with a smile on his face. He was wearing a tight white muscle shirt with blue jeans that were cut in the knees.

"You ready to go?"

"Yeah, but what movie are we seeing?"

"Oh, well since only one movies plays at a time in our movie theatre we have no choice, but to see the movie that's playing which is A Walk to Remember. I'm sure you really don't want to see it, but it's the only movie playing." (A/N: I know a walk to remember is old but I love tha movie. It's so sad. Okay back to the story.)

"No, I love that movie."

Inuyasha looked at her with a disbeleiving face.

"I was being sarcastic. I have never seen it. My sister has, but not me."

"Oh, well come on then. We can just leave your truck here."

"Uh, cool." She said trying her best to sound like Sango.

Wow, Inuyasha is really cute. If my sis didn't like him first and I didn't have Miroku I would date him myself.

She blocked her thoughts making sure neither of her sisters could read them.

She got into Inuyasha's jeep cautiously, but made it so Inuyasha would not notice.

"So, who's your favorite band, Sango?"

"Oh, uh, I like that one band uh, called-"

"Do you like System of a Down?"

"Yeah, that's my favorite. How'd you guess?"

"Alot of people like them that's all."

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

"So, Kagome what do you want to do now?"

They had been at the cafe for about thirty minutes. Sango, in her opinion, had done a good impression of Kagome. The only thing that had been weird was when Miroku called her Kagome and she didn't answer forgetting that's who she was supposed to be.

"Well, I heard there's a pond near my house. Why don't we go there?"

"Sure, sounds good."

They left Kagome's car there and took Miroku's truck. He drove like she did and Sango knew if Kagome had come she would have kicked him out of the driver seat and drove herself.

"I know you probably don't like my speeding, but I never go the speed limit."

"No, I like it. I never go the speed limit either."

"Cool."

Maybe I made the wrong choice in who I should have said I'd go out with. Maybe I should have really been going with Miroku.

They drove to the pond and got out ot walk around it.

"It's so peacful here. I like that."

"Not from what anyone can tell. It seems you like to have all kinds of people around you with all kinds of noise."

"Not really, I just like to have alot of friends."

What the hell am I doing? I'm supposed to be Kagome not myself. Why am I trying to see if the monk would like me as myself? Kagome will kill me.

"Is something bothering you, Kags?"

"Oh, no, I'm fine."

"Are you sure? You seem troubled. I am a monk why don't you confide in me?"

"It's nothing." As if to prove this she pushed Miroku into the pond and laughed. He swam to the edge and pulled her in too. They both laughed and found their faces about two centimeters from each other. They leaned a little closer, but then Sango quickly turned around to face the other way.

"Sorry, Kagome, I know it's too fast."

"Uh, it's not your fault, but yeah it is too fast for me sorry."

"It's okay, but I should probably get you home now. I don't want you to get sick."

"Ok, thanks."

////////////////////////////////////////

Kagome cried and cried through the whole movies. At first Inuyasha didn't seem to notice, but when he glanced a look at her he finally noticed the river of tears.

"Sango, are you okay?"

"It's j-just s-so s-sad."

"You didn't seem like you'd be the type to cry during a movie."

"I know b-nut sometime I-I can't h-help it."

"It's okay, I like girls who aren't afraid to show their emotions."

"Really?"

"Yeah, it's not good for your health to keep your emotions bottled up inside."

He handed her a napkin from they got when they had nachos earlier. She wept her face and then on the way out threw it away.

Where are you Sango?

At home with Miroku.

Okay.

"Do you want to go back to my place and hang out?"

"Sure, but I don't think your brother likes me very much."

"It's not that he doesn't like you. He just doesn't trust you. He doesn't trust your sister Kagome either."

"What the heck did she ever do? She's always being polite to him."

"I can see you, uh, have strong feelings about people's opinion of Kagome."

"Yeah, well I have to protect her."

"Right, I understand."

They smiled at each other and Kagome's heart melted.

I can't like you Inuyasha. I can't like you.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////

Sango sat next to Rin on the couch. After she had dried off and changed into some more of Kagome's clothes, she and Miroku went to get Kagome's car and they parted ways saying they'd see each other at school.

"Sango, are you sure this is a good idea? You know pretending to be Kagome. What if the guys find out?"

"They won't and stop worrying. We're not doing it again and everything went just fine."

Kagome came in at that time and sat down beside them.

"How'd it go?"

"It was good. You guys have alot in common."

"Yeah, you and Miroku too."

Rin could tell bith of them were hiding things from each other. She was certain they could tell, but had probably decided some things were better off unsaid.

"You know I'm going to take a shower. That movie theatre made me feel kind of gross." Kagome lied. She just didn't want to be there with Sango.

"Yeah, I still have homework to do."

Rin watched them both go upstairs. She sighed.

I'm so glad I didn't end up a twin.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////

thanks 4 reading!