InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Drabbles and Babbles ❯ Poisonous ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Summary: A rose by another other name will still melt your face off.


Sunlight in the early dawn made the dew sparkle like jewels upon the flowers. A peaceful meadow lay before him, sweet scented blossoms opening to greet the morning. He appreciated the tranquility of solitude more than ever and was pleased that his companions were still asleep. He'd left the child curled in a small warm huddle next to his retainer, who had a curious habit of sleeping sitting up with his eyes open. Unsettling.

The demon lord leaned down to pluck a small, fragile wildflower. He closed his eyes as he inhaled the delicate aroma, thinking only of springtime and many years of memories. He remembered this scent somehow, perhaps from childhood, perhaps a former lover had been fond of the fragrance. He really didn't remember nor care to try and place the smell. It was enough to simply enjoy the moment.

A flurry of movement caught his attention. What a bother, there was a small group of angry villagers heading his way. Foolish mortals, when would they learn that it was never wise to provoke a demon? He sighed, realizing his morning meditation was thoroughly spoiled, and raised his hand as the green energy started to swirl around his fingertips.

"Dakkasou!"