InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Drabbles and Babbles ❯ The Burden of Celebrity ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Summary: Inuyasha and Sesshomaru have a conversation. Oh I just couldn't help myself, I really need to be supervised.



Inuyasha stormed into the room and threw himself on the bed. "Oh my god," he moaned. "I just can't take this anymore!"

Sesshomaru paused in brushing out his long white hair. "What's the problem now, little brother?" he asked in a sarcastic tone. "Someone post another fanfiction about how adorable your ears are?"

"No," the younger brother grunted, waving a fistful of paper in the air. "It's this damn fanmail, I can't keep up!"

The elder taiyoukai sighed and put aside the pearl handled brush to regard his distressed sibling. "Inuyasha, we've talked about this. You are not obligated to answer every email, niichan. Just let it go."

"Easy for you to say," Inuyasha said, his voice muffled as he kept his face buried in the pillow. "You don't care about what the fangirls say. They expect you to be a cold hearted bastard. Thanks to all that fluff that's being written, everyone thinks I'm a deep, sensitive bishi!"

"I would disabuse them of such notions, my brother," Sesshomaru answered in a distracted tone. Carefully, he examined his claws. They were dull and this meant that he really needed to get in for his manicure treatment. "Ask Takahashi-san to write your part a little colder. She's very accommodating that way."

Inuyasha raised his head, snarling. "It's not her fault, I'm fine with the way my part is going in the manga. It's all them damn fluffy fillers they keep throwing in for the anime. Showing me all sensitive and sweet, acting like a goddamn pansy whenever Kagome touches my hand. Please, I don't mind a little romantic tension, but I might as well cut my nuts off and wear a dress!"

"Jakotsu would love that," Sesshomaru said with a wicked grin.

His brother looked less than amused. "I thought I told you never to mention that name around me again."

The grin widened. "Insecure in your masculinity, little brother?"

The hanyou growled at him. "I'm not the one everyone thinks looks like a woman!"

Sesshomaru waved his hand, throwing back his hair in an elegant gesture. "Calm down, Inuyasha. Fangirls love the fluff. Comes with the job, would you rather be flipping burgers somewhere instead of working regularly in manga?"

Shoulders sagging, Inuyasha shook his head. "Nah, I guess you're right. This is better than that or waiting tables. But goddamn, don't you get sick of it? I mean, I've seen your fanmail. And they call Miroku a hentai, some of these women need serious medication."

Smirking, Sesshomaru got up and moved across the room to examine his reflection. No help for it, he was utterly perfect. "I don't read my fanmail, Inuyasha. I'd advise you to also keep a professional distance. Females of the human species get very...possessive when it comes to this fandom. They aren't reasonable. Just relax and enjoy your status. Think of all the happiness you've given others with your work."

Inuyasha looked at his brother suspiciously. "Are you high? Since when does the great Sesshomaru give a damn about others' happiness?"

With a sigh of resignation, Sesshomaru wrapped the soft, furred boa over his shoulder. "I do not, as you so quaintly put it, give a damn. Nor am I under the influence of any illegal substance. I am just trying to give you a more constructive perspective."

Inuyasha sat up and rubbed his face. "Yeah, yeah. I know what you're saying. And you're right."

"Aren't I always?" Sesshomaru asked smugly.

"Watch it, Fluffy-sama," his brother growled.

Sesshomaru ignored the reference to his hated nickname. "If nothing else, think of the husbands and boyfriends of your female fans. Doesn't it give you a thrill knowing that somewhere some woman is yelling out YOUR name while her partner is wondering what the hell she's talking about?"

Inuyasha started to grin. "You think that happens? You think that girls yell out "Inuyasha!" while having sex with other guys?"

Sesshomaru paused on his way out the door, a wicked gleam in his golden eyes. "I guarantee it, little brother," he said, a satisfied smirk. "Just as I am sure they do so with my name as well. With one small difference."

Inuyasha cocked his head to the side, looking curiously at his older brother. "What's that?"

"I'm sure they call out my name at least twice as often as they do yours."