InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Drabbles and Babbles ❯ Replacements ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A/N: An odd little drabble. Sort of a "what if" situation. Take it as you will. FYI...Rin is an adult in this drabble.

“Do you still think of Kagome?” Rin asked, caressing his shoulders.

His ears flattened on his head, but he didn’t pull away from her touch. “Yes,” he answered quietly. “I still think of her all the time.”

Of course he did, Rin mused, running her hands over his bare chest. She didn’t want him to forget the girl he had loved, the girl he had lost. He had even told her once or twice that she reminded him of Kagome with her openness, her cheerful and giving nature.

Strangely, Rin didn’t mind being compared to a woman that she barely remembered. She wasn’t even sure if Kagome had died or simply just gone away. She didn’t press him for the details, content that she was the one who lay in his arms, night after night, and soothed away his pain.

When they made love, limbs twined together, hands grasping desperately, Rin forgot that she was the replacement. She forgot everything in her passion for him, in his need for her. It wasn’t Kagome’s fingernails that raked his back, it wasn’t Kagome’s voice he heard crying his name. It wasn’t Kagome’s body that answered his desperate sorrow and gave him solace from his loss. It was hers.

And did she want him to forget Kagome? No, she didn’t. You don’t turn off love, you don’t just freeze away a loving heart. She wouldn’t love him so much if he were able to forget Kagome.

Rin gave herself to him, to the fire of his touch, to the hot dry wind of his aching passion. She knew that he loved her, rarely saying it, but showing it just the same in the little touches, the small ways. He did love her.

He could still feel love. She could thank Kagome for that.