InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Drabbles and Babbles ❯ Defender of the Land ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
The young priestess fell to the ground, her arm bleeding. She was new at her vocation of fighting demons and knew she had made a fatal error. This demon was not like the rest; instead she was stately, beautiful, with pale golden hair that fell like silk and eyes that burned bright amber.

“Before I slay you, priestess,” the demon woman said, her voice low and rich, “you must tell me why you attacked me.”

“You are youkai,” Midoriko said fiercely. “You prey upon humans for sport. This territory is closed to you.”

“And you would defend this land to your death? Such a foolish child.” A pale hand was extended and Midoriko took it, finding herself pulled roughly to her feet. The demon woman held her close, staring into her eyes and growling softly in the back of her throat.

“I will defend the people who live in this territory,” Midoriko said softly. “The farms and fields belong to them, they have the right to live in peace.”

“So.” Midoriko held still as the woman drew her closer, pressing hot lips against her own. It was a chaste kiss, a sisterly kiss, but still she felt a fire burn from within, drawing a white hot line from her heart to the pit of her belly.

“I do not destroy what is beautiful,” the demoness said, releasing her. “Nor what is brave and honorable. The day is yours, priestess. And the land, I will not rival you for it.”