InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Drabbles and Babbles ❯ Unintended Discovery ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Shippo worried about Kagome sometimes. Stupid Inuyasha, couldn't he see the girl was in love with him? It bothered Shippo enormously as Kagome was the kind of person who deserved to be loved in return, not cast aside for a woman with a heart of cold clay.

Could he ever tell her how he felt? Could he ever let Kagome know that he understood, that he knew what she going through? He wasn't a smooth talker like Miroku. Still he wanted to show her that his heart was just as full of love as hers, just as wistful with the bittersweet emotion of unrequited love.

Then it hit him. He could draw! He would make a picture for her to show her how much he loved her. She didn't need that stupid hanyou, not when she had a full blooded fox demon who would take care of her every need.

Shippo's hands rooted around in her yellow backpack, searching for the crayons. His mind was already swimming with the beautiful images he would draw to show his love. His fingers closed around something smooth and unfamiliar. Curious, he drew it out of the bag and stared when it started to buzz softly.

His eyes grew wider, not quite so innocent that he couldn't tell what such an object might be used for. Carefully, he replaced it in the bag and moved away, blushing furiously.

Apparently Kagome could take care of her needs without his help.