InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Drabbles and Babbles ❯ Only Friends ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
His tongue traced the shape of her ear, his hot breath lingering on the back of her neck. His hands slid from her waist, under her shirt and cupped her breasts. “Do you like this, Kagome-sama?” he asked.

“Hai,” she answered breathlessly.

As she’d grown more mature, her mother had expressed concern that Kagome spent so much of her time traveling with two men. Mrs. Higurashi was quite right to be concerned.

“Inuyasha would never do that,” Kagome said with a guilty blush.

Her mother gave her a stern look. “What about that young monk you talk about? From what you've told me he has quite an eye for the girls."

"We're only friends, Mama," she said, looking away from her mother. She didn't like telling lies, but no one else could ever understand.

Miroku pulled her into his lap, caressing her back as she straddled his legs. She cupped his face between her palms, kissing him slow and long, just like he'd taught her.

She felt guilty sometimes, realizing that they might see it as a betrayal. Since the first time it had happened, he'd agreed to keep the secret, and she'd agreed to let it happen again.

A stolen kiss in the forest, meeting each other with a smile. Miroku never pressured her. He told her the minute she became uncomfortable with this, she had only to say so. Kagome never felt uncomfortable.

Friendship takes many forms. For Kagome, all of her friends were special. Shippo made her laugh, she could talk to Sango like a sister. Inuyasha protected her and watched over her; she loved him even as she knew his heart belonged to another.

She loved Miroku as well, loved him as often as they could steal away together. She loved him as a friend.