InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Dream ❯ One-Shot

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

"Dream" by Jezunya

I do not in any way shape or form own Inuyasha or anything related to it. (pooh)

** ** ** ** **

She brushed the damp hair back from his forehead, tears streaming unchecked down her cheeks. She murmured his name, holding his head gently in her lap.

He reached up and touched her face with surprising gentleness for one of his kind. He whispered her name. "Ai shiteru." Then his eyes closed and he died.

She just stared for a moment, disbelieving. "No..." she whispered hoarsely. "No..! No!" She screamed his name and hugged his limp body, as if trying to call him back from the land of the dead.

After all they had been through together... and now he was gone... she could go home now... she could have a normal life at last... there was no reason for her to stay... their quest was finished... although she knew she would never be able to forget him...

***

Kagome woke in a cold sweat. Her cheeks felt wet, and when she touched them, she found tears. She sat up and wiped them away. She didn't even remember forgetting the dream.

She quickly shook off the doom-and-gloom mood and exchanged it for a much happier, brighter disposition. And she ought to be happy, for it was her birthday. Today she was fifteen years old...

** ** ** ** **

AN: Well, this ain't my first fic, or my first IY fic, but it's the first that I ever finished (I know, kinda pathetic, considering how short it is)

Watch for the (sort of) sequel, "Waking," which should be up soon!

R&R please!! Or email!! Note: all flames will be used to [mockingly] roast marshmallows. ;P