InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Dreams To Reality ❯ Getting Ready For A New World ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Okay I realized that I didn't put in a disclaimer before but I figured everyone knew that I don't own Inu Yasha or any of it characters, although I wouldn't mind having a boyfriend with doggy ears:) Anyway I don't own it so don't sue thanks and enjoy!

Dreams to Reality

Chapter 2

Getting Ready For A New World

It was the last day of Kagome's summer break. She had gotten an academic scholarship and would be attending a prestigious school in America, come next week. The thing was though that she would have to leave tomorrow so that she would be able to move into her dorm and say goodbye to her family. So even though her break would be for another week, it would truly end today for her.

She had decided that she would spend that day with her friends shopping and going to the movies. Then she would have to tell Hojo that things between them were not going to work out and that she just didn't see their relationship going anywhere. She really hated saying that to people. Making people unhappy was not something that she was good at. But then again she wasn't really good at relationships either. I mean she had friends but it took her a long time to make them and when it comes to boys, she just didn't know how to deal with them especially when they liked her.

That was what was worrying her most about going to this new school. What would the students that went there be like? Would she be able to make new friends? She had heard that most of the students that went there were from rich families so she didn't know if she was going to be fit in at all. This school though was the best that there was and she was not going to give up this chance just because she was scared. The school consisted of students in their last 2 years of high school and then there was the college that was attached to it. The students who went to the high school had a better chance of getting into the college itself and that was why she really wanted to go there.

"Hey Kagome, what are you doing? You seem to just be wondering around?"

At the voice , Kagome came out of her thoughts and turned around to see the one person that she was not ready to face just yet. She wanted to talk to her friends before actually confronting him.

"Hojo, what are you doing here? I thought that you had after school activities today?" Kagome asked in her most normal voice she could render at the moment.

"I do but I thought that since you would be leaving tomorrow that we should spend a little more time together before you go." Hojo smiled while he said this to her and finished catching up to her.

Kagome groaned mentally, how was she going to tell this to him? He was so sweet and kind, but she couldn't have him waiting for her to come back. `I am only going to be home for short breaks because it is too expensive to fly back and forth from the states. Yes I will just have to explain it to him like that.' With new determination, Kagome decided it was no use in putting this off any longer.

"Hojo we need to talk. I think that we should go to my house because it is the closest."

"Okay Kagome"

**************************************

At Kagome's House

"Hojo I know that we have been going together for about 2 months now, but with me leaving for the states, I think that we should end things. I mean I am going to be gone for long periods of time and I don't think that you should be just sitting around waiting for me when you could be out finding someone else." There she had said it now what would his reaction to this be?

"Well Kagome, I think that we could make it work. You do have breaks where you will be coming home. It won't be that bad. Then in two years you will be home again." Hojo replied in a happy tone while taking Kagome's hand in his.

`Oh this is not going good' Kagome took her hand back from Hojo and decided that she would try again. Rubbing her temples, she decided that she would try again. She knew that Hojo wasn't the smartest person when it came to personal matters. "Hojo I can understand what you are saying, but I don't think that it will work. You see after high school I was hoping to be able to attend college there as well. So you see I really think that we should just be friends. I mean if when I come back we still feel something then maybe we can try again, but other then that I just want to be friends with you while I am gone."

Hojo looked disappointed with this for about five seconds. He immediately perked up. "Well if that is the way that you feel, then I guess we will be friends, but I think that when you return we will be able to be more then that. I think that we are destined to be together Kag and hopefully it will work out." With that he leaned over, blushing of course and kissed her on the cheek. As he got up to leave he turned to her and asked, "You will write to me while you are gone right?"

"Of course you will still be my friend, nothing will change that" she smiled at him and with that he left the house. "Well that went better then I was planning" she said to herself. "Now to finish packing. I still can't believe that I will be leaving so soon. Tomorrow. It is going to be hard I can already feel it." And with that she headed up to her room to finish her packing.

That night Kagome got very little sleep while she thought about what her new life was going to be like away from all of her family and friends. She would still be able to call them and see them for summer break, maybe winter if she was lucky, but it still wouldn't be the same. They wouldn't be right there if anything were to go wrong. She would be on her own for the first time in her life. She was thrilled and scared at the same time. Little did she know what, or should I say who, she would run into when she finally got to her final destination.

*****************************

Well the morning came quickly. As the first rays of light filtered into her room, Kagome could her he mother yelling to her. "Kagome if you don't get up and get into the shower soon you are going to miss you flight. No actually I will just send you on the plane as if you just rolled out of bed. Imagine the first impression you would make on everyone." With that said her mother walked into the room and removed the blankets from Kagome. This had no effect on her. So her mother did what all parents should do when the kid wont get up, she shoved her off the bed.

*BAM*

"Owww, what was that for I was going to get up you didn't give me a chance!!"

"I have been trying to get you up for the past 2 hours. Now move it!"

And with that the hectic final morning for Kagome in the H Shrine began. And of course Kagome was running late. She barely had time to eat as her family raced to get her and her stuff into the car so that they could reach the airport on time. They did of course arrive with enough time to check in Kagome's things and then have one final goodbye before she would have to board the plane.

"Bye Kag. Write me and be sure to bring me home something cool. I mean you are going to be in another country." Souta said to her as he hugged his sister. "I am going to miss you though, so make sure that you call sometimes and don't forget about us"

"Of course I will call and I could never forget a pest like you" Kagome replied with a smile on her face. She could feel the tears start to gather in her eyes. This was definitely harder then she had first imagined it would be.

"Kagome dear, don't cry. You will be seeing us again before you know it. You are going to make so many friends that the time will just fly by and then you will be with us again. I still cant believe that my baby is going to be off on her own." Kagome's mom hugged her and kissed her on the head.

"Here Kagome, take this for good luck" her grandfather said while handing her a keychain of the Shikon no Tama. "You know that there is a story behind this…." She heard her grandfather ramble on for a short time before the final boarding was called for her plane. With that she quickly hugged her grandfather and said another round of quick good-byes before boarding the plane.

Once aboard she found out that she had a window seat. She watched as the plane took off and everything below her became smaller and smaller. "Goodbye Japan and hello to me new start." She smiled to herself and closed her eyes to get some more sleep. She finally realized just how little sleep she had gotten the night before worrying about today.

**************************

Okay I know that this is a little short but the next chapter will add in a few more characters, hopefully Inu Yasha, Sango and Miroku. Anyway Read and Review I will be looking forward to them.