InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Even death can't stop us ❯ Capter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AN: On my spell check it keeps wanting to correct Inuyasha as Natasha!HA! You guys would be all like, "Who's this `Natasha' character and why are they making out with Kagome! Oh man! I didn't know the author was gunna make Kagome a lesbian!" haha ok, anyway back to the story..

Chapter 4…or something like it

Once they couldn't see Kikyo anymore Miroku, Inuyasha, Sango and Kagome all just stared at each other until…

"Hentai!"

"Sit!"

"Ggrrrrr…"

Sango put a comforting hand on Kagome's shoulder. "Are you alright, Kagome?" Kagome nodded.

Sango smiled. "Good. And you…" she said turning on Miroku and Inuyasha, "get out of here!"

Inuyasha crossed his arms while turning a profile on them. "Keh! Why should we?"

"Because Baka, we need to get dressed and go talk to Kaede!"

"Oh. Right"

He grabbed Miroku and walked off.

Sango slumped down onto a rock under the water and whipped an arm across her forehead. Kagome sank down next to her and sighed.

"Oh, Sango. I think our lives just got more complicated."

"Way to make an understatement, Kagome."

Kagome cupped her head in her hands and started to asses the situation.

`So, Kikyo thinks she will defeat Naraku?Uhg! We can't just let her hand him the shards! I mean, she could be totally wrong about him and she's just handing him the jewel! I should have stopped her, but I was naked so what was I supposed to do?Damn Inuyasha for just staring at her! But… I guess if he could so easily attack someone he..loves..than I wouldn't love him so much.'

Sango heard Kagome sigh. "We really shouldn't put off going back,Sango." They both got up and started to put their clothes back on.

Inuyasha roughly pulled Miroku through the forest while trying to sort out all the thoughts streaming through his poor mind. Unfortunately, he didn't get any time to analyze them because the annoying monk he was dragging wouldn't stop thinking out loud.

"Wow. So Naraku's finally going to have the Shikon no tama, huh? I wonder how this is going to turn out. Can't be good though. I wonder when she'll give it to him. Do you think we should follow her? I mean just in case something goes wrong in her plan and we have to save the world from being taken over by a demon with some serious control issues-"

"Shut up for a second will you?"

"Well, are we going to follow her or not?"

"No."

Miroku stopped walking effectively stopping Inuyasha from continuing on.

"Listen, Inuyasha. I know your are probably confused with everything that just happened, so am I, but if we're going to move we have to move now."

Inuyasha looked off to where Miroku assumed Kikyo's sent was coming from. He then turned his head back towards the spring.

"No, Miroku," He said shaking his head," I need to talk to Kagome and Baba before we do anything."

Miroku scratched his ear and replied, "Ok, then let's go wait at the hut for the girls."

"The girls" showed up at the hut about five minutes after the guys had reached it and told Kaede everything that had happened. She didn't seem that surprised. Actually, she told them she'd been thinking the same thing Kikyo had.

"She was a very strong miko, and if she uses her power during Naraku's weakness I assume she will be able to kill him. Of course Naraku is to smart not to have thought of this and most likely will have a way to over throw her."

Inuyasha clenched his fists. "So, she'll need our help, won't she?" The old woman nodded. "Aye, most likely she will not be able to defeat him no matter what she thinks Onigumo's hold over Naraku is. But, there is no need to follow her tonight. She wouldn't give it to him right away, so there's still some time to stop her. Now, I think I need to meditate on this. I suggest you rest too."

Everyone seemed to agree with this except Inuyasha who got up and stopped at the door before he walked out. He said without looking back, "Kagome, can you come with me?"

He pulled back the hanging and walked out. Kagome looked around and smiled weakly. "I'll be right back."

She caught up with him back near the spring she and Sango were bathing at earlier. He had his back toward her and she came up behind him. Putting a hand on his arm she said softly, "Inuyasha…"

He turned around suddenly and pulled her into a hug. Her eyes went wide and then she closed them as he pulled her tighter. Inuyasha sighed as he spoke to her.

"Kagome, Kikyo's gunna give Naraku the jewel. I don't know what's going to happen but if Kikyo's plan doesn't work out…just know that I'll protect you."

She smiled. "I already know you'll protect me Inuyasha. Even if Naraku does gain the power of the shikon no tama there'll be a way to defeat him. I wouldn't be here if he wasn't meant to be defeated, would I?"

Inuyasha loosened his hold on her to look her in eyes. "I guess not." He muttered. They stayed that way. Just staring at each other for minutes on end. Kagome realized after a while that that was exactly the same thing she watched Inuyasha and Kikyo doing just an hour before. She berated herself for having thoughts like that at a time like this.

"You alright?" asked a concerned Inuyasha.

"Yes.." said Kagome, not wanting to get into a conversation about Kikyo which would end in both of them sulking.

Inuyasha's expression softened as he brushed a stray hair out off of her cheek.

"I guess we should go get some rest." He said reluctantly.

"Uh-huh" nodded Kagome.

Then they walked back, hand in hand, to the village.