InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ EXTREME!!!! ❯ Feh ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
“Oi, komodo!(Children!),” Inuyasha yelled into his home. Kagome was standing next to him, waiting for their children. Sato came out first smiling widely at his parents with his little blue bag pack he used for sleepovers at Uncle Miro and Auntie Sango’s.

“Mama! Inu-papa!,” he yelled, running into their legs.

“Hey, baby,” Kagome said bending down to his level. It was before dawn and he was a ball of energy.

“Are we leaving now?,” Sato asked.

“Yeah. We’re just waiting for your brother and sister. Itaru, Kiyomi let’s go!,” Inuyasha yelled.

“We’re coming!,” they yelled.

A minute later, Kiyomi came out with a big grin on her face. Itaru followed her, grumbling about stupid wolves and traitorous family the whole way.

“What’s all that junk on your face, Kiyomi?,” Inuyasha asked.

“Inuyasha, please. Kiyomi just wants to look pretty for Mitsuko,” Kagome said.

“Thanks, Mama,” Kiyomi said, pecking her mom on the cheek.

“She looks beautiful without it. If he can’t see that why is she wasting her time?,” Inuyasha said.

“Awwwww, that’s so sweet of you Inu-Papa,” Kiyomi said while embracing her father. He blushed slightly.

“Whatever. Let’s just leave,” Inuyasha said, knelling in front of Kagome and Sato, “Get on.”

“Mommy, I wanna run by myself,” Sato said.

“Sato you’re just gonna get tired. Let your father carry us.”

“No! I wanna run! I’m fast enough! Please, Mama?!”

“If he wants to run, let him. When he gets tired he can ride with someone,” Inuyasha said.

“I won’t get tired! I promise!,” Sato yelled.


~1 hour later~

Inuyasha and Kagome were in the front, leading, Kiyomi was right on his tail, Itaru and Sato were in the back.

“Itaru, Sato hurry up!,” Kiyomi yelled to them.

Oh, go shove it, Kiyomi! Just because I don’t wanna see your precious Mitsuko doesn’t mean-!”

“Itaru! Carry Sato!,” Inuyasha yelled from the front.

“Nani?!”

“Carry your brother! He looks ready to pass out!,” Inuyasha yelled and took off.

Itaru stopped and looked back at his brother. He felt sorry for him. Itaru remembered when he was Sato’s age. They took trips to the Western Lands often, due to his mother and Aunt Kagura’s request. (A/N: Kagura’s alive. My theory is she and Sesshoumaru plotted behind Naraku’s back and came up with a plan to make Naraku think he killed Kagura when she was really hiding out in Sesshoumaru’s castle. Now, she’s his mate.))He was the same way Sato is now. So eager to prove you are strong like Inu-Papa. Itaru jogged over to Sato.

“Sato,” Itaru said.

“No! I wanna run by…myself,” Sato replied softly.

“You’re too tired. Let me carry you.”

“No. I can do it! I’m a big boy like Mama said!,” he said looking up at his brother. Itaru sighs.

“How ‘bout this? I carry you until you’re able to go on your own. Is that alright with you?,” Itaru asked.

“Fine. Only because we’re falling behind.”

Itaru cursed silently and picked up his brother and plopped him on his back. He took off in a run down the path his father took. Sato was out cold in minutes.


~When Sato woke up~

“Itaru? Where are we?,” Itaru looked around from his brother’s back. The were in a forest he didn’t recognize.

“You’re finally up? We’re almost there. Dad says we’ll be there in about an hour or two. Kiyomi‘s ecstatic,” Itaru replied sarcastically.

“What does “static” mean?” (A/N: I was very tempted to put “ecstasy” in there instead, but decided against it.))

“Not “static”, “ecstatic”. It means someone is really, really happy,” Itaru explained. Sato gave a little, “oh” in reply.

“Can I run on my own now?,” Sato asked.

“Figures you wouldn’t forget. Why would you want to? We’re almost there. Just sit tight.”

“Okay.”


~At Kouga’s Den~


Inuyasha came to a stop, abruptly. He lowered Kagome off his back and turned to his pups. Sato squirmed off of Itaru’s back and ran to his Inu-Papa. “I ran for a whole hour Inu-Papa! Are you proud?”

Inuyasha squatted to eye level with Sato,” Yeah. If you had slept last night when your Mama told you to, you could have gone longer without getting tired.”

“But I wasn’t tired then!”

“Yeah, well…”

“Oi, Inu-kurro!”

“Kouga. Must you call me that in front of my family?,” Inuyasha said. The eldest hanyou stood and faced the wolf. The wolf flinched at the word family. He still wasn’t used to the idea that Kagome had mated Inuyasha.

Kiyomi was watching the interaction with minimal interest. She was interested in Mitsuko’s whereabouts.

“Boo,” came a whisper in her ear. She shrieked and punched the stranger square in the face. Everyone froze. After ten seconds, Itaru busted out laughing. Kiyomi was snapped out of her shock by his laughter. She immediately went down to kneel by the fallen Mitsuko.

“I’m so sorry, Mitsuko. I didn’t mean it! It was an accident.” she moved to see the damage. He moved his hand from his nose and inspected it. ‘Blood’ This brought another round of laughter from Itaru and more apologies from Kiyomi.

“Calm down, Kiyomi. I’ll be fine,” Mitsuko soothed, “I should have known better than to sneak up behind you.”

“Yes! You should have! What’s the matter with you!? I could have purified you in a second! Don’t you think?! Stupid!, Kiyomi yelled at him and stomped to her mother and began searching through her mother’s pack for medical supplies. Finding what she was looking for she stomped over to Mitsuko and began tending to his nose. When he began to protest, she shot him a death glare and he immediately shut up.

“Well! Where’s Ayame?,” Kagome said.

“Right here!”

Kagome turned to where the voice came from. Behind the trees came the she wolf. Kagome squealed and ran to her. They embraced each other, happily. They came back over to the Men.

“Kagome, Inuyasha this is Shinko(faith) and- Kouga where’s Shaya?,” Ayame said gesturing to a little girl around Sato’s age.

“She’s off somewhere,” Kouga shrugged.

“You don’t know where your own pup is?,” Inuyasha asked Kouga.

“Inuyasha don’t be rude,” Kagome reprimanded.

“Well, I’m sure she’ll show up later. Let’s go inside,” Ayame said with a smile.


~Later~

Ayame, Kagome, Kiyomi, Shinko, and Sato were inside(let’s pretend they live in a modest hut instead of a cave) cooking dinner. Inuyasha, Kouga, Itaru, and Mitsuko were outside fighting each other. Itaru was enjoying an excuse to fight with Mitsuko and not get yelled at by Kiyomi.

“I’m home!”

Ayame turned around, “We’re in here!”

Then, a red haired demon came into the kitchen. Her mother walked over to her. “Everyone this is Shaya. My second eldest.”

Shaya looked around the room the only familiar face was Kiyomi’s, which was wearing a smile. She smiled timidly at everyone. An older woman approached her. “Ayame, she’s beautiful. Hello, My name is Kagome.”

“Hello.”

Something tugged on her skirt. Shaya looked down to see the golden eyes staring up at her. “Hi, Shaya! I’m Sato.” Shaya bent over to pick up the boy.

“Aren’t you adorable!,” she said poking his ribs. Sato smiled, showing off his fangs. A jealous Shinko pouted in the corner. Shaya was taking her friend from her. Seconds later, a grumble reached their ears.

No, you cheated!”

“You got no proof mutt face!”

Then came a group of sweaty and disgusting men into the clean kitchen.

“No! No! No! No! No! Kouga you take your pack back outside and get cleaned up! I don’t want you all mucking up my clean floors!,” Ayame yelled.

“She’s right! Inuyasha, you and Itaru go take a good bath! Look at you! You’re filthy!,” Kagome yelled, adding her two cents.

“Ha!,” Mitsuko laughed and went over to Kiyomi. She stepped back. “Kiyomi?,” he asked puzzled. She covered her nose.

“Please don’t come any closer. You’re already close enough as it is,” she said, sounding nasal. Mitsuko sniffed himself and paled.

After some more yelling from Ayame and Kagome, the dirty, disgusting, filthy, grimy, messy men left to take a bath. Kiyomi was sitting at the table inspecting her nails when Shaya sat with her.

“Kiyomi?”

She looks up, “Hey, Shaya. What’s up?”

“Was the your brother that came in?”

“I think so? Do you mean the shorter, silver-haired one?”

Nods.

Yep, that’s him,” Kiyomi said dryly.

“Does he have a mate?”

Kiyomi busted out laughing. Ayame and Kagome looked back at them. Shinko and Sato looked up from his coloring book at the disturbance. “Kiyomi?,” Kagome asked.

“Mama*laugh* Shaya asked if*giggle* Itaru had a*holds back laughter* Mate!*more laughter*” At that Kagome started laughing, too. Shaya was confused, Ayame was checking the soup, and the youngest children had gone back to coloring.

“Mate?!,” Kagome started another round of laughter, tear streaming down her cheeks.

Inuyasha and the other Men came in then. Shaya was still confused.

“What’s gong on?,” Mitsuko asked.

“Shaya-laugh-ask if-giggle-Itaru had a mate,” Kiyomi explained finally ending her laughing craze. Itaru blushed.

“Shut up, Kiyomi!,” Itaru said. Inuyasha sighed at his pup and mate’s fun and sat by the children.

“I still don’t see what’s so funny,” Kouga said. Kagome was going to explain, but Sato beat her to it.

“Itaru can’t keep a girl to save his life. The moment they start getting clingy he leaves. I think he‘s afraid of commitment,” Sato said, not looking up from him picture. Itaru blushed even redder. Shaya looked up at him and he locked eyes with her. Suddenly, he turned away from then and left the hut. Shaya followed.

“Pup, who taught you that?,” Inuyasha asked.

“Auntie Sango. She said that Uncle Miro was afraid of it, too. Then Mama said that she thought you were afraid of and that’s why it took you so long to put a claim on her. But I thought it was a lie cause I know you’re not afraid a Commitment Youkai.” And with those wise words of wisdom from Sato, he and Shinko went back to coloring. Inuyasha’s right eye twitched.



~OUTSIDE~


Itaru was fuming. He’s was getting over his anger of having to stay here for a few days after getting a few hits on Mitsuko, but then Sato blabbed and ruined his mood. ‘I’m not afraid of commitment! I just don’t like the thought of being tied down… yeah, that’s it!’

“Itaru?”

He turned around and Shaya was standing behind him. He didn’t notice her sneaking up on him. “Geez, does everyone in your family like to sneak up on people?”

“I’m sorry. I just thought you might want some company. I’ll go back inside if you want.” She inwardly hoped he wanted her to stay. She knew him for a total of 10 minutes and instantly felt drawn to him. Her heart was beating faster.

“Whatever,” he replied.

‘Was that a yes?’ She took a chance and sat next to him and the grass. “If it counts, it doesn’t matter to me if you have a fear of commitment.”

He glared at her. She stared innocently back at him. They stared at each other for a minute or two, neither backing down to the silent challenge. Finally, Itaru looked away.

“Feh.”