InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Eyes in the Dark ❯ One-Shot

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Blanket Disclaimer:

Inuyasha, and the characters therein, are the property of Rumiko Takahashi. I am in no way affiliated with Takahashi, or VIZ Productions.


========================


A/N:

This story is loosely inspired by the song “I Get Off” by Halestorm, but it is not a song-fic. This is a modern-day AU in which humans and youkai peacefully coexist, as if youkai are just another type of people, with no mention to any possible threat they might pose. Presumably the more animalistic youkai are no different from any other type of wild animal, and have nothing to do with the humanoid youkai who live and work among humans. The country is fictional and a mix between Japan and America, to excuse its Americanized qualities while supporting references to youkai and miko.

To be different, this story is told in split POV first-person, with a deliberate mix of past and present tense as you listen to our characters tell their story as if you were having a real conversation with them. Enjoy!


____________________________________________________________ __________________________________




It was all my fault, really. I could have closed the curtains, I could have called the authorities; there were all sorts of things I could have done, but ‘could have’ and ‘should have’ were definitely two different things. I couldn’t be happier with the way things turned out, and I’ve never been more content to accept all the blame.

It all started over a year ago, about four months after I first moved into my new apartment. It was a little large for me all by my lonesome, two bedroom two bath, but I’d wanted the second bedroom to use as my art studio. I’m a painter…although that’s really neither here nor there. I know that isn’t the story you came here to read, so I’ll stick to the juicy parts and not bore you with irrelevant details.  

So where was I? Ah yes, moving into my new apartment. Getting settled, I was just finishing up unpacking the last few boxes of clothes to hang in my closet when I noticed movement in my peripheral vision. Crammed into the middle of a city block as my apartment building is, the windows on my north side all reveal a lovely view of the apartment building next door, note the sarcasm, but so glancing towards the sliding glass door in my master bedroom that opens out onto the tiny terrace balcony – the wonderful add-on that had actually sold me on this place – I’d spotted my sort-of neighbor from across the alleyway walking around in what I could tell was his kitchen. Smiling, I’d offered him a friendly wave. He’d waved back sort of awkwardly, like he was wondering to himself why the hell this weird chick was actually waving to him, but what can I say? I guess I wasn’t used to the ‘rules’ of the city yet. Or maybe it was the fact that he was a hanyou, why my greeting had caught him off guard. Granted, my eyesight isn’t as good as his, I’m sure, but I could definitely see well enough to spot the animal ears that stood erect on the top of his head, a head crowned with a mass of silvery white mane. A little bubble of curiosity in my mind had me wondering briefly what kind of animal his youkai half was, although I knew it was really none of my business. It certainly hadn’t bothered me that he was half youkai, though; this is a fairly integrated neighborhood and if my miko senses were anything to go by then I could already tell I had a few pureblooded youkai neighbors in my own apartment building just a few floors above me. While some people in more rural and segregated areas are still mildly prejudice when it comes to the notion of humans and youkai interacting, such a thing has never bothered me in the slightest. If it had then I wouldn’t have moved to the city, because everyone knows the cities are mixing pots. In the neighborhood I now choose to call home interracial couples are much more common than the small town where I’d grown up, and hanyou offspring certainly aren’t as rare as they used to be, case in point being my new, silver-haired eye candy.

The first few months of my new life went by fairly uneventfully, so there’s no point in getting into what I did on a day-to-day basis. Like I said, this story really begins on what was around the four-month anniversary of my new life in my new apartment, give or take a day or two. It was late at night, quite late in fact, when I finally pulled myself away from my current art project in the other room long enough to concede that it was time to go to bed, before I ended up falling asleep in my draft chair and crashing forward into my wet canvas. Dragging my exhausted body down the hall and into my bedroom, I’d paid no heed to the still open curtains as I began pulling off my clothes, the city lights coming in through the window providing enough light for me to see by so that I hadn’t bothered clicking on my bedside lamp. My eyes had been a little sensitive from the glaring lights in my studio and the darkness had been soothing.

If I had clicked on the lamp then I probably never would have noticed…

Of course, everyone else should have long since been asleep by that point, really, not that I’d honestly still been awake enough myself for that thought to have even processed. Thank goodness for half-asleep autopilot.

I can’t really be sure what’d caused me to turn my head when I did, to look out into the night as I stood there in nothing but a pair of white cotton panties, but I will never forget the sight that greeted me as I did so. Twin pinpricks of molten gold, glowing inhumanly bright in the darkness, accosted me from the window across the alleyway. Eyes. Demonic eyes in the dark, staring right at me, burning right through me, and I gasped as I realized I could feel their power, spinning away almost as quickly as the eyes watching me made their own retreat. I knew the owner of those eyes well by that point, though at the same time I still hadn’t really known him at all. My nameless ‘across the alleyway’ neighbor…I’d nodded or waved his way a few other times over the last four months, and he would always nod or wave back, but we’d never met, we’d never spoken. That was my doing; honestly, I had been afraid of rejection. He’d seemed far too perfect to be interested in someone like me. Perhaps I’d been mistaken though, I’d realized almost sarcastically in that moment, not that I could find it within myself to truly be angry over this unexpected invasion. His voyeurism wasn’t single sided, after all. Since my bedroom terrace overlooked his kitchen, there had in fact been several times in the early morning hours over the last four months where I had actually done my own fair share of staring, while sipping my morning coffee; never before had I seen such beauty. He had always been fully clothed, of course, but that had never stopped me from appreciating the view. He was pure grace, even while doing something as simple as cooking breakfast. He’d caught me watching him before, too, which usually ended with him adopting an uncomfortable expression before walking out of my line of sight. Did he think me a shameless gawker, believing him a circus freak worthy of my scrutiny? Did he truly not notice the appreciation behind my ogle?

It was that fleeting thought that’d quickly had me realizing something important, as I stood in my windowless hallway with a hand still covering my bare chest as my heartbeat finally went back to normal…his gaze had most certainly looked appreciative.

Despite myself, I’d smiled a little at that thought, though that hadn’t stopped me from grabbing a bath towel from the linen closet in the hallway to wrap around myself before going back into my bedroom and immediately shutting the drapes. The following morning, upon reopening the curtains as I did every morning there was no sign of my hanyou peeping tom, and a snicker bubbled up in my throat at the passing though that, were he a cat, then that description had a doubly accurate meaning, though to be honest I’d started to hope he was really a dog. I’d never really been all that into cats. Maybe he was a hound dog…not that there was anything wrong with that.

All day long I couldn’t get him or the sight of his demonic eyes glowing in the dark out of my head. I honestly don’t know what’d possessed me to deliberately leave my curtains open the following night, though as evening approached it had been an easy decision to make. I’d always closed them before, as part of my ‘winding down’ routine, and the previous night had simply been an oversight brought on by pure exhaustion. Any sane person would have made sure the drapes were closed from there on out and that would be that, but for some reason, the idea of him gazing at me, admiring me as I had so often admired him, hadn’t bothered me so much as it’d excited me. I’d had a long, sleepless night to think on it, and for the life of me I just could not feel offended or violated. Instead, I had been almost giddy at the prospect of him spying on me again, and what it could mean if he did so. I’d wondered…could he possibly be as attracted to me as I was to him?

I hadn’t dared to turn my head as I’d walked past the uncovered window to climb into bed that night, I had been too afraid of ruining the moment if he could have possibly gotten spooked again from the sight of me catching him in the act two nights in a row. Somehow, though, I could feel his eyes upon me again in that moment; I just knew that he was in fact watching as my nightgown-clad figure settled into bed without shutting the drapes. Perhaps it was that burning sensation that had first prompted me to turn my head the previous night? It really was as if I could feel his eyes traveling up and down my body, there was no other way to describe it. Must be a youkai thing, I had figured after a moment, assuming I could feel it because I’m a miko. Either way, now that I’d known what that feeling was, and knew that it meant he was watching, I hadn’t dared do anything to frighten him away. Surely my message would come across loud and clear from the simple gesture of leaving the curtains open; I didn’t mind him watching.

Things progressed along those lines for the next several nights, until about a week later when I suddenly decided to take things even further, as I did something I could hardly believe I had the balls to do. I guess like a drug addict the high had worn off and so now I’d needed to up the ante, though I didn’t think he’d mind. As previously stated, I’d always had the curtains closed when getting ready for bed, until now; I was aware of the fact that he could see into my apartment, after all, and so except for that first night a week prior when he’d managed to catch me almost completely naked by accident he’d never before had such a sight, at least that I know of. I always stripped for showers in the bathroom and wore a robe upon reemerging, and either dressed for work in the bathroom or made sure the curtains were drawn. How luck had played on his side, or mine, depending on how you looked at it, that he had been in his kitchen watching on that one particular night when I’d bared it all for his viewing pleasure I wasn’t sure. I’d even briefly wondered…was it possible he’d spent every night staring at my bedroom window? If so, then I’d say tenacity really did pay off. Was I angry or scared at the notion of such a possibility? Hell no. Should I have been? I guess that depends on whom you ask.

So up until now in our newly minted little game I had been changing into my nightgown in my bathroom to reemerge in my bedroom already dressed for bed, though I doubt he’d had any complaints from the way his eyes had definitely followed my every move as I’d walked around in my bedroom afterwards in the short, spaghetti-strapped nightgown that barely hit my thighs. On this particular night, though, as I started to hint in the paragraph above, I’d bravely kicked things up a notch by actually changing into my nightgown in my bedroom, although I did so facing my bed, with my back to the window. Coward? Nah…I just hadn’t felt the need to go from zero to sixty in a single sitting, or so I tell myself these days as I look back on those memories with a fond smile. At the time I had imagined that it was probably like something out of a movie for him, the clichéd scene where an adolescent boy would ogle his ‘hot neighbor’ undressing, the camera always showing her back as she pulled her shirt off over her head before then reaching behind herself to unfasten her bra, the teenaged boy watching from the house next door mentally begging her to turn around though of course she never did. The man watching me in that moment had definitely not been a teenaged little boy, though I could immediately feel his eyes trying to force me to turn around with the power of his gaze. I refused to comply. Besides, if I’d turned around then that would’ve meant that I might see him, and I wasn’t quite ready yet to face the reality of our dangerously progressive little game.

Another week went by, give or take, and once again I’d felt so brave in my current roll that I began craving once more that adrenaline rush, that feeling of butterflies in my stomach as a little part of myself screamed at me from the back corner of my mind that it couldn’t believe what I was doing, that I was actually going through with it. I wanted that feeling again. Time to kick things up a notch.

Bam.

I turned, just a little, pretending like I was completely oblivious to the eyes glued to my form from across the alleyway. My attention was directed anywhere but towards the demonic man committing my every pore to memory as I twisted my stance just enough while pulling my nightgown down over my head that I allowed him a side few of my right breast, my nipples hardening under the weight of his not-so-secret stare. Once fully changed I went about my normal routine, then after I crawled into bed, I did something else I’d never done before.

Did I mention I’d had the light on all throughout these theatrics?

It hadn’t been at first, of course. That first night it had been dark in my bedroom, and at that time I’d still wondered how much he’d actually been able to see. Youkai eyes…he could probably see it all without the lamp on, to be honest. But that didn’t mean I could see what I was doing all that well and so after that first night, when I’d made the decision to deliberately leave the curtains open, I’d clicked on my bedside lamp like I normally would while getting ready for bed, trying to go about my nightly routine as ‘normally’ as possible, as I’d meander about in my nightgown for a few minutes, putting my dirty laundry in the hamper or setting the alarm on my clock radio. A couple of times I’d even stayed up for an hour or two watching TV, almost honestly forgetting I’d had an audience…almost. But upon finally calling it a night I’d click off my bedside lamp, which had three settings, the dimmest of which was soft enough that it could function as a nightlight without keeping me awake.

Function as a nightlight it did, in that moment.

Leaning over to reach the nightstand at my right, I’d bravely dared glancing towards the window for the briefest of seconds, the move purely for show since my vision had been hindered by the light on in my room, which had prevented me from seeing much of anything beyond the glass door, seeing instead my room reflected back at me. I’d then adjusted the lamp, not to off, but just dimmer, leaving it on on the lowest setting. I hadn’t known how well he might or might not have really been able to see into my room without the lamplight, but I was sure the gesture was self-explanatory either way, allowing the shimmer from my makeshift nightlight to fill my room with a warm, soft glow that gently and delicately illuminated my peacefully slumbering form.

Is it considered narcissistic to speak so poetically about oneself? Eh, I don’t care.

As I’d drifted off into the land of Nod I’d hoped my gesture was appreciated, ensuring that he continued to have an unobstructed view into my private bedchamber, rather than allowing the outside city lights to possibly impair his use of the visual portal into my world that was my sliding terrace door. Still, even though I’d made such a bold statement, I’d felt it more symbolic than anything else, because surely the show was over now, wasn’t it? I’d quickly begun to wonder, though. For several long minutes as I’d lied awake I could feel him watching me still, and I’d wondered, would he really watch over me all night long? What excitement could be found for him in merely watching me sleep? Watching me change I understood, but… Oh well, he couldn’t stay there forever, I had finally concluded with a mental shrug. After all, even hanyou needed to sleep at some point. But even if he did stand there in his kitchen all night long and didn’t take his eyes off of me until I awoke the following morning, there wasn’t really all that much that I could’ve done about it, since I’d just more or less invited him to do just that.

Come morning the first thing I did after shutting off my alarm was glance out into the alley and into his kitchen window, there was nobody there. I had momentarily debated with myself whether or not to sit out on my terrace to enjoy my morning coffee, something I’d been too chicken-shit to do ever since I’d started stripping in front of him a week ago, but I’d quickly realized that it was a moot point because as I braved daring the occasional peak across the way there was repeatedly no sign of him. The curtains over his other windows were always closed those days, and I could never catch him in the kitchen any more, as if he had completely changed his routine in order to avoid me. Perhaps he had simply been too flustered to continue making ‘innocent’ eye contact in the light of day. I would have lamented the loss of our morning routine if I’d thought for even a second that it could have honestly been called such, but I think what we’d since gained as our nightly ritual instead had far surpassed the occasional friendly nod and wave over breakfast. I can’t really say why the thrill of it all excited me so much, why I’d allowed my own initial physical attraction to the man to completely obliterate any warning bells that should have gone off in my head, but ignoring how unconventional everything was I honestly hadn’t felt threatened. The guy could have been a serial rapist for all I knew, or any other manner of psychopath, but something in my heart had just insisted he was harmless. I was the one he needed to watch out for, I’d thought to myself with a snicker, which I proved to be true when, the very next night, I turned even further while undressing, allowing him an almost completely straight on view of my right breast with a good portion of the left one peaking out from behind it. Even with my back to the lamp on my nightstand, as I’d stood facing the foot of my bed with the window to my right, I was sure he could see how erect my nipples had become. The naughty part of me had wondered if he was erect, too.

```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````` ````````````````````````````

I will never forget the day the woman whom I would quickly dub The Temptress moved into the apartment building across the alleyway from mine. There I was, minding my own freakin’ business as I walked into my kitchen to grab a bite to eat, when movement in my peripheral vision drew my attention to the activity happening outside the window above my sink. Some stupid chick, though admittedly a rather cute chick, was waving at me like an idiot from within the previously empty apartment across from my own. It quickly dawned on me that she must have rented the place, and so trying to be polite I did the decent thing in waving back, although I’m sure I hadn’t been able to mask my confusion.

Things only got weirder from there.

I would notice her puttering around in her apartment from time to time, as all of the windows on my south wall faced all of the windows on her north side, which is fine because when you live in a high rise across from a high rise and neither building has reflective windows you’re bound to notice activity in each other’s apartments from time to time, but you’re not supposed to acknowledge that you notice it. That’d be like blatantly turning your head to stare at the guy stopped next to you at a red light, it just isn’t done; keep your eyes forward, otherwise you just might get shot or something. But I’d quickly realized that this chick must have come from a smaller town, one of those places like in the movies where everyone is friendly and waves to each other, because every time she spotted me spotting her she’d freakin’ smile and wave. How creepy is that? Though I’d realized soon enough that it could have been worse, a lot worse. She could have glared at me, or otherwise acted disgusted or even afraid of my youkai features. Especially since I could easily sense her reiki, proving she was a fairly strong miko, which had also supported the theory that she’d come from a smaller town since spiritual powers in humans are usually inherited and most spiritualists choose to live in smaller, shall we say ‘youkai-free’ communities. A small town miko moving to the big city might not have been prepared for the reality of intermingling with beings of demonic blood, and so I’d quickly come to accept her odd, albeit harmless little greetings. It was almost…nice.

She sat outside on her bedroom terrace a lot in the mornings before getting ready for work, and so whenever I would come up to my kitchen sink to wash a dish or what have you she’d wave or nod, and it’d quickly gotten to the point where I would always wave or nod back, sometimes with the edges of my lips curling up into a little smile that I’d doubted she could see. Human eyesight and all that. A few times, though, it had gotten a little uncomfortable when I would notice her really fixated on me. I could never quite decipher her expression at those times, although she had definitely never looked disgusted or disturbed. She’d almost looked…intrigued? It still feels funny to say that, even now, admitting that I’d thought somebody was intrigued by me. How narcissistic is that? I didn’t want to believe it, of course, convinced my eyes had to have been playing tricks on me, and so frowning to myself I would always step out of her sight when I caught her studying me so intensely. If she wanted to ask me out on a date or something then she could just damn well come on over here and talk to me face to face, had been my thoughts at the time, slightly angered that she might possibly find me ‘fascinating’ because she’d never seen a hanyou before, while at the same time hoping that what had looked like attraction in her eyes had been just that. If I ever became convinced that she was genuinely attracted to me, I had told myself that I would then brave being the one to go over there, to ask her out on a date.

Of course, that never ended up happening, or at least not in the conventional sense.

It was about four months after she’d moved in, give or take, that everything suddenly changed between us and our innocent little ‘smile and wave’ relationship forever.

Sure, I’d already been kind of attracted to her. I’d already been entertaining the possibility that she was attracted to me, hoping that that was what that look in her eyes had meant and envisioning the possibility of one of us one day being brave enough to approach the other, but nothing could have prepared me for the sight that’d unexpectedly greeted me when I, for some unexplainable reason, had trouble falling asleep one night.

Lying there unmoving on my bed, I’d been able to tell that she had also still been awake across the way, even though my bedroom window faced west. I could hear her still shuffling around and occasionally talking to herself; though I couldn’t make out what she was saying I definitely knew it was her voice. The windows in these buildings aren’t sound proof and so a lot of city noises come through, at least for me. You just get used to it, I guess, the same as getting used to the sounds of nature if you live in a place rural enough that there are chirping crickets at night and maybe the occasional hooting owl or howling coyote. In the city those kinds of noises are replaced with traffic, barking dogs, and people walking down the street or shuffling around in their apartments, all of which is even louder for someone like me with my sensitive hearing. But despite all the white noise of the city I’d become especially attuned to the girl across the way from me, my youkai half undeniably drawn to her for some reason or another, and so I’d always seemed to be aware of it whenever she was up and about, no matter how noisy the rest of the city got. Not that I’d found that fact annoying, mind you. If I had been a full-blooded youkai then I’m sure I would have already approached her with my desire for courtship long before that point, but it had been my human half holding me back, painfully aware of the fact that certain things that seemed natural to my inu half just ‘weren’t done’ in the human world. I hadn’t wanted to risk making things awkward between us if it’d turned out she hadn’t felt that way about me, possibly making things even worse than awkward if she’d thought it creepy of me for having approached her about my feelings. I’d been afraid of humiliating myself, and possibly freaking her out in the process, if admitting I’d developed an attraction to someone I’d never even met would have ended up making her have to turn me down, possibly to never smile and wave my way ever again. That was why I’d been waiting until I’d felt more confident in my hopeful belief that she was actually attracted to me as well, and not just being a friendly neighbor.

But I digress.

Glancing out of my living room window as I’d exited my bedroom had confirmed for me that she was in fact still up, as I saw a rather bright light coming from her guestroom, though I couldn’t see into that room to see what she was doing. She spent a lot of her nights in that room and so I’d imagined that she indulged in some kind of a hobby or another, or perhaps a second source of income via self-employment of some type, though she definitely had a day job that she left for every morning before I did. The specifics of what she did in that room at night had never really mattered, although I would admit I had been mildly curious, simply wanting to know more about her. What was it that sparked her interests? Gaming, writing, painting, sewing, carving, sculpting…everyone has to have a hobby, right?

My hobby quickly became voyeurism, though I swear it had all started out innocently enough. So there I was, wandering around in my dark apartment ‘cause I didn’t need to turn on the lights, raiding the fridge for a midnight snack. Despite being half canine I actually try to keep my diet well-wounded, not just meat with a side of meat in meat-flavored gravy, and so believe it or not I’d actually grabbed a couple of oranges, and not wanting to make a mess I’d begun pealing them over the sink, eating one wedge at a time while dropping the torn bits of peal into the garbage disposal. Absentmindedly I’d noticed it when the light on in the apartment across from mine had turned off, and if memory serves I think some kind of passing fancy about silly girls needing to get a decent amount of sleep had been my initial thought. Okay, so it’d been more than a mild attraction, I’d actually had a bit of a crush on my across-the-alleyway neighbor. So sue me.

Movement through the window directly across from me had lazily captured my attention next, and I’d glanced up nonchalantly, sure I was about to see her standing at the glass and reaching for the curtain rod to draw them closed. I was not prepared for the sight that’d greeted me instead, that of her already shirtless form in the process of removing her jeans. I’d stared, transfixed, as orange juice ran down my wrists unnoticed from how tightly I’d unconsciously started squeezing the half-eaten fruit in my hands. I couldn’t move, I couldn’t breathe, I couldn’t even blink for fear I’d wake from this dream. It had to be a dream, right? Because she had never, ever gotten changed with those curtains open before…not that I’d been checking or anything! But just…that was the sort of thing you noticed, when the window was right across from a window you looked out of several times a day. If the curtains were closed in the earliest predawn hours, and then suddenly they were open as she awoke, emerging out onto the terrace in a fluffy robe that covered her from head to toe while sipping her coffee, offering the occasional ogle or wave, depending on her mood, and then upon retreating into her apartment the curtains were closed again for a little while before reopening to reveal a fully dressed woman ready to leave for work, well then there you go. She knew not to undress with the curtains open, so what had changed?

Of course, I’d been too busy drooling like a dog watching his master eat steak at that moment for any of those kinds of thoughts to have actually made it into my brain; those were all points I would think of later, after she busted me and ran out of the room. That didn’t happen until after I got a nice eyeful of her bust, though, as she’d next removed her bra, before then suddenly turning and approaching her glass door almost as if she’d planned on stepping out onto her terrace in nothing but her panties. Not that I would have minded. I could feel my youkai side rumbling with approval at the sight of her, and I’d silently thanked my estranged father for the first time in years for the blessing that was my nocturnal vision. The streetlamp down at the corner caused a bit of a reflection on the glass, but I could definitely still see everything she had to offer. Well, not everything…and like a deranged pervert I’d found myself suddenly hoping that those panties were the next to go.

Then she looked up, and our eyes met.

Something shook me to my very core as she’d stared right back at me, and I’d remained frozen for a moment longer, as if she’d used the heat of my gaze as a satellite signal to send her own heat right back at me, burning me from the inside out. And then I lost it, spinning away much too late, even though in reality I think it had been less than a second. Have you ever seen one of those videos where they slow down the flapping of a hummingbird’s wings? That was what that moment had felt like, and once the flow of time finally went back to normal I’d known I’d been busted. The sound of her gasp, faint as a whisper yet loud enough to shatter my eardrums, had been the biggest giveaway. Two second after that I’d realized I was covered in orange juice, and I’d cursed under my breath for both reasons. It had taken every molecule of self-restraint I’d possessed to only clean up in the bathroom without first getting even dirtier, if you know what I mean. But I had violated my neighbor’s trust, invading her privacy in one of the worst ways possible; I’d owed her at least that much.

Needing some time alone to think, which was a redundant concept when truly analyzed since I was alone every day of my life, I’d skipped out early the following morning, perhaps too cowardly to risk facing her wrath, perhaps too afraid of what I’d do if I saw her again. Either way, the extra time spent out in the city before work had successfully cleared my head so that I had been able to focus on my job without anyone noticing anything was off and asking me what was up. Not that any of the people I worked with would have probably bothered inquiring about my life anyway; I didn’t exactly have many friends. But I know you don’t give a shit about any of that crap so don’t worry, I’ll stick to the subject.

Feeling almost as if I’d had to sneak back into my own apartment that evening, for fear of spotting her glaring at me with hatred – though at least it wouldn’t have been for my mixed heritage – I’d immediately closed my own curtains in the living room when I saw that her living room curtains were open. I was mildly surprised that her curtains had been open, but hesitantly optimistic, hoping that maybe after a few days I would be forgiven. I was torn; should I apologize, or should I just let it go? I’d quickly decided that I’d give it three days and then reopen my drapes, and that after that, the next time I saw her, if I saw her again, I’d offer her an apologetic wave and smile and hope for the best. It would all boil down to my facial expression. Botch this and she could think I was a total pervert, waggling my eyebrows at her or something. But it wasn’t like I’d done it on purpose! Irrationally, I’d started getting angry with her for being angry with me. How dare she try to blame me for something that had only happened because of her own carelessness?! It wasn’t my fault!

Shaking my head after a moment, after I’d quickly realized how stupid I was sounding even to my own ears, I’d wandered into my kitchen to microwave a bite to eat, and my train of thought had immediately jumped the tracks as I caught an impossible sight. Her bedroom curtains were open. They were open!! What the hell was that woman thinking?! Was she thinking?! Just as quickly as my indignation came did that feeling flee, though, to be replaced with a gradually increasing sense of optimism. Clearly, that had meant I was forgiven, right? Perhaps she had never even been angry with me to begin with, had quickly been my next thought then, as a sigh of relief passed through my lips. Perhaps she had in fact realized that it had been her own mistake that had caused what was in truth nothing more than an accident followed by a natural, hormonal reaction on my part. Quickly choosing to think no more on the subject for the time being, I’d taken my dinner into my bedroom with a smile on my face, ready to climb into bed and chow down while watching my favorite TV shows, thoughts of my sexy neighbor out of my head for the evening. It hadn’t been until a little later on that night, as I took my dirty dishes into the kitchen, that I’d realized just what my window-neighbor had actually been trying to tell me with her little show of ‘forgiveness’.

I’d known her routine fairly well by that point. Most of the time she was shut down for the night before I was, meaning that by the time I was washing my dishes from dinner her curtains were already closed, the lights in her apartment already out. Sometimes, of course, she had a late night, like the night before, where as I washed my dishes I’d see that her bedroom curtains were still open, with no sign of her as she’d still be in the other room with the light on, working on whatever it was she worked on until all hours of the night from time to time, presumably whenever she was off the following day at wherever she went for her day job. This night hadn’t been one of those nights, though, not like the night before, where as I washed my bowl and sat it aside her bedroom was empty, with a bright glow coming from down the hall. No, as I stood at my kitchen sink in that moment, my hand suspended in midair somewhere on its way for the bottle of dish soap, I stared, transfixed yet again, to see her walking around in her bedroom in a sexy little nightie.

What. The. Hell.

And what a body…damn.

Immediately ensnared, I’d had no choice but to watch, as had clearly been her intention by allowing me such a peepshow. I wasn’t stupid, and there was no way in hell I would believe she was that stupid, either. No…she knew what she was doing. Last night had clearly been an accident, and I had no idea what kind of thoughts had been flooding her mind all day, but something must have snapped in that pretty little head of hers to suddenly decide to hell with her curtains as she went about a few nightly rituals before climbing into bed and clicking off her lamp, all the while leaving the curtains wide open.

Well I’ll be damned.

I can’t really say how long I stood there staring, though I did eventually shake myself out of my stupor and wash my dishes from dinner before heading back to bed. I had a hell of a time falling asleep that night, staring up at the ceiling as I lied there, unable to wrap my mind around what that woman, that temptress, could have possibly been hoping to achieve. A dreamless sleep did eventually claim me, and I remember waking up the next morning feeling torn on whether or not I should be grateful for the lack of dreams. I would’ve thought my imagination would have had a heyday the night before, but on the other hand waking up with sticky boxers is never pleasant, so I certainly hadn’t been complaining. Confused, yes, though I’d quickly rationalized that perhaps, now that I’d had this small glimpse of the real thing, my subconscious mind had simply decided that its imagination would no longer be satisfactory.

In case you’re wondering if my phrasing is meant to imply that I’d had dreams of her in the past before this incident, the answer is yes…yes I had. But this story isn’t about my dreams, as steamy as they had occasionally been. This story is about what really happened…sometimes I still pinch myself, but nope, it hadn’t been a dream.

Finally realizing that I needed to get started on my day, I’d taken a page from her book as I made my way into the kitchen, refusing to turn my head even enough to possibly catch a glimpse of her presence through my peripheral vision. I just couldn’t face her, not right then. So deliberately not looking, and remaining consciously unaware of whether or not she was in truth even out there and watching me or if she wasn’t there at all, I’d quickly grabbed what I needed from the kitchen before making a b-line for the living room, where she could no longer see me because those curtains were still closed. Of course, I knew I could have closed the little curtain that hung over the kitchen window, but that would have given her the wrong impression. Just because I felt uncomfortable with the notion of meeting her eyes in the light of day after what’d happened, that didn’t mean I wouldn’t meet her at my kitchen window again come bedtime. Immediately gasping in shock over myself when that thought registered out of the blue, I’d quickly done my best to shake it off while getting ready for work, hoping that focusing on the job would again be enough to not clue anyone in to the fact that all was not well at home.

If any of my coworkers had suspected that something was distracting me that day, nobody had bothered mentioning anything about it to my face, for which I was grateful because what the hell could I have told them if somebody had actually asked? Oh…the girl that lives in the apartment across from mine was undressing the other night with the window open and caught me watching her, which was apparently just hunky-dory in her book because the next night she deliberately left her curtains open and paraded around in her skimpy nightgown for my viewing pleasure. I know the reaction I would have gotten to that story…blinking eyes followed by something like ‘So what’s the problem?’ My coworkers are so perverted.

But even as I sarcastically joked about it in my mind as I made my way home that evening, I had to ask myself that very same question. I’d finally supposed that there really wasn’t a problem. I mean, if she didn’t mind me looking then who was I to complain, right? And it wasn’t as if she was forcing me to look at her, I was perfectly capable of ignoring her exhibitionism in favor of not hovering over my kitchen sink all night. So did that mean I ignored it when I noticed that yet again, her curtains were still wide open?

Hell no.

Assuming that she’d probably be going to bed at around the same time as the night before, my curiosity got the better of me and I ended up finding myself practically camped out in front of my kitchen window. Like finding the perfect spot for your lawn chair on the sidewalk an or so hour before the parade was set to begin, I’d gotten there early just in case, and my diligence was rewarded when she showed herself right on schedule, disappearing into her bathroom in her street clothes…hopefully a sign that the show was about to begin.

I hadn’t been disappointed. Emerging in her sinfully delightful little nightie that I swear was three strands of thread away from qualifying as negligee, she’d wandered around in her bedroom like an innocent, sexy angel, acting as if she’d had absolutely no idea my eyes were glued to her every move. Tossing the clothes she’d previously hand on into her dirty laundry basket, I’d continued to watch as she proceeded to do perfectly normal activities, nothing outside of what she was wearing making the moment even the slightest bit alluring. She turned down her bed, fiddled with her alarm clock, then climbed into bed and clicked off the lamp. Big deal. But it was a big deal because never before had she done such things with her curtains wide open, and were modesty even a slight concern surely she could have dressed in less flattering sleepwear. You can never convince me that there are any women out there who legitimately own nothing but sexy-sleek, spaghetti-strapped, barely-covers-their-ass nighties. Don’t get me wrong, there’s certainly nothing wrong with wanting to dress sexy every night, especially if you know there’s a guy watching, but men don’t have to ever see them to know that all women have at least one pair of comfy frump-abouts; if they’re not a matching set of bonafide pajamas then they’re sweats and a tank top, boy-shorts and a t-shirt…something other than Victoria’s Secret runway worthy satin and lace. Little miss Temptress was trying to give me an aneurysm, and I was loving every minute of it.

Things continued along those lines for around a week or so, I would meet her in the kitchen at night for our unspoken arrangement, and she would fulfill her end of the bargain by flashing those sexy legs of hers, her shoulders and neck just begging to be kissed, licked and massaged. My human side continued to be too chicken-shit to look her way in the mornings, and I’d even started deliberately avoiding the possibility that my youkai side might just make me turn to stare her down in a moment of dominance, challenging her behavior as a playful bitch, by listening for when she was in the shower and waiting until then to fix my breakfast and bag lunch.

Sometimes being a hanyou feels like suffering from some kind of split personality disorder, except I’m not crazy, I really do have two completely different sides warring for dominance within me. I don’t hear voices, it’s not like I argue with myself that literally, my youkai and human sides functioning as the proverbial devil and angel on my shoulders with my mixed self playing the role of ‘me’ as a third party caught in the middle. No…no there are only two of me, not three. There is no ‘me’ with then a youkai side and human side both subconsciously telling me what to do. I am merely both halves, I am my youkai side and human side, and with nearly all things in life I have two impulses, with even the simplest decision there are symbolic crossroads, and I have to choose one way or the other. Sometimes my two halves can compromise and I’ll choose the so-called ‘third path’ common in clichéd crossroad analogies, but that still doesn’t mean I speak to my halves as if they each possess their own separate consciousness. The hanyou psyche works most accurately like a set of scales; sometimes the youkai side weighs more heavily in mind and body, and sometimes the human side gains dominance, and if a balance can’t be found then sometimes both sides bob up and down to the point where your brain gets wobbly and falls over, heh.

I experienced that sensation first hand when, after about a week of our silent agreement going by uneventfully, The Temptress suddenly decided to take things to a whole new level. On the surface one could argue that it was innocent enough, except I knew it was anything but. Coming into her bedroom once she was ready to call it a night, the rest of her apartment closed up for the night with all the lights off, she clicked on her bedroom lamp as usual, then reached into her top dresser drawer to select a nightgown – if you could really call it a ‘gown’ – as usual. Here’s where things got interesting, though. Instead of taking her nightie with her into the bathroom to change she’d walked around to the north side of her bed and laid it down. Standing with her back to me, she had then crossed her arms and pulled her shirt up and over her head, tossing it onto the bed. My heart stopped. She unfastened her jeans next, and because the window I was observing her through was in truth a sliding glace door I had a full view of her shapely ass and creamy legs as she shimmied her jeans down and pulled then off to suddenly stand before me in bra and panties. I forgot how to breathe. Then she bent her arms behind her back and unhooked her bra. I smirked. Déjà vu. Instead of turning, though, instead of granting me an illuminated look at what I’d already seen once in shadow a week prior, she had then reached for the nightie laid out before her and glided it down over her head, the silky fabric delicately falling into place without even the slightest hint of side-boob. Minx. Tease. Vamp. Coquette.

Bitch…but I mean that in a good way.

I still favor ‘Temptress’ above all other nicknames; it was certainly the most accurate in that moment, since I had definitely felt tempted, though tempted to do what I wasn’t quite sure. Or maybe I was just too afraid to ask myself, knowing I would get an answer.

The Temptress continued on with her normal nightly routine after that, as if nothing out of the ordinary had happened, as if she stripped in front of guys all the time. The most bizarre and quite uncalled for flash of possessive jealousy had roared through me for the briefest of seconds at that passing thought, and I’d immediately found myself grateful for the fact that nobody else was privy to the private show I knew she was putting on just for me. The only other people who could have even seen her were the people who lived both directly above and below me, and my hanyou ears had assured me that neither of them were even the slightest bit aware of the show going on outside their kitchen windows. I’d continued to watch, feeling both privileged and horny, as she puttered around in her bedroom for a moment longer before climbing into bed and clicking off the lamp. Show’s over.

Around another week or so went by, I hadn’t been paying that close attention, where The Temptress continued to tease me with her carefully thought out disrobing, guaranteeing I never caught even the slightest glimpse of flesh she didn’t want me to see. The second night, after I’d realized it wasn’t a fluke when she did in fact start stripping again, I had begun scanning past her form to gaze further into her bedroom, hoping for a mirror, a framed photo with glass, any kind of reflective surface that I could’ve used to my advantage, but I was either incredibly unlucky when it came to how she’d chosen to decorate her bedroom or she was even smarter than she’d looked and she’d taken that possibility into consideration. Not that I’d thought she had looked even the least beat dumb, mind you. I’d had no idea what was going on through that pretty little head of hers, but it had been clear as day that her actions were deliberate and not the blunderings of an airhead.

Having decided not to look a gift horse in the mouth, as that archaic and somewhat inaccurate expression goes – there was certainly nothing inferior about her ‘gift’ to me – I’d quickly gotten rather comfortable with our nightly routine, which meant that yet again, The Temptress had managed to stun me stupid when she’d suddenly decided to take things even further. I’d been just about convinced by that point that my mind control vibes simply weren’t working, after having spent around a week of trying to telepathically tell her to show me her tits with zero success…until now. If I had been in the process of taking a drink of anything I would have done a classic spit-take as she suddenly turned in that moment, showing me quite a nice side view of her right breast, even if only for a moment. As quickly as it was there it was gone again as her nightie slid down her perfect body to hang delicately off her delicious-looking shoulders, and I had quickly realized that things were about to get a whole lot more interesting. Of course, I hadn’t realized just how interesting until The Temptress did the second unexpected thing in a row just a few short minutes later by not clicking off her bedside lamp. Instead, she had flashed me a sultry glance – a surprising act in and of itself since she’d been deliberately avoiding eye contact with me until that moment, although I’d doubted she had actually been able to see me with her light still on full-bore at the time – and then she’d adjusted the lamp in question to its dimmest setting while leaving it on, the lamp filling her bedroom with the soft glow of a nightlight. Settling down under the blankets, the television off, she had definitely been going to sleep for the night. That was when it’d hit me; she had left the light on for me.

Will wonders never cease?

I can’t tell you how long I stood there just staring at her. Sure, I could see into her apartment before just fine, my nocturnal eyesight easily able to pierce through the darkness, but that wasn’t the point. This blatant gesture had clearly been done to both symbolize and enable an extended invitation to peep, and I couldn’t have been more grateful. After all, I couldn’t see perfectly into her dark apartment, not with the outside lights of the city causing some mild reflection on her window, and everything I could see always had that kind of muted black and white-ness humans can only experience when wearing night-vision goggles. My night vision was ‘just fine’…but nothing beat illuminated, true-to-life full color. I did eventually drag my ass away from the window and down the hall to crawl into my own bed once she had fallen asleep, although it had taken her what I’d imagined was probably much longer than usual to fall asleep…I suppose being ogled by a demon does that to a person. Of course, once my head hit the pillow I hadn’t immediately drifted off into dreamland, either. I might have respected her that first night when it had been an honest mistake on her part, but once it had become obvious that she was now doing it on purpose, once it had become clear that she wanted me to look, I’d felt no shame in replaying in my head what I’d witnessed even on that first night and every night since, over and over until my fantasies spilled out onto the washrag I kept close at hand.

This woman would be the death of me. Was I going to watch again the following night? Hell yeah.

Hell yeah! had been my only thought when that night came and she turned even more, allowing me full view of her right breast with lefty clearly visible as well. She was almost directly facing me, almost. Her lamp, which she hadn’t dimmed yet, was still shining at full power, completely and fully illuminating the healthy glow of her skin, goosebumps dancing across her bare flesh, though I’d like to think that reaction had been from excitement and not just a passing chill. Her nipples were as erect as my penis, and I’d really found myself hoping she hadn’t cranked up the AC for ‘performance enhancing’ effects. She wouldn’t have even been doing this in the first place if it hadn’t excited her, right?

```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````` ````````````````````````````

As I’d lied there staring up at the ceiling a few minutes later it hadn’t taken long to dawn on me that my previous comparative analogy of me being like a drug addict was startlingly spot-on. I’d felt addicted to the rush, and even as I could consciously notice that it was getting harder and harder to find that same level of excitement, even as I knew my actions were getting bolder and bolder, and my increase in boldness had just jumped from one week intervals to literally over night, I didn’t care. I knew I would probably never again achieve the high I was chasing, that feeling I’d felt that first night when I’d caught him watching me when I hadn’t known at first that he had been, but there was nothing for it. If I couldn’t excite me, then perhaps I could excite him, and that notion was very exciting, indeed. Besides, I knew that if I didn’t keep spicing things up that my not-so-secret admirer might just eventually get bored of me, and I definitely hadn’t wanted to risk that happening. Mr. Golden Eyes had been a good boy, staying focused on me like a loyal puppy even after six whole nights of getting to watch nothing but me skipping around in a skimpy nightie, followed by a week of teasing, flashing nothing but bare back. So for proving that he wasn’t a cat, because surely a cat would have lost interest after the second day, I’d quickly decided that he deserved a reward.

Was I losing it? Perhaps a little. Did I care? Absolutely not.

Mind made up, I’d decided that my ‘tune in next week’ approach was officially going to be changed to a daily program, with a brand new episode airing every night. What new thing would I do this time? What new piece of flesh would be revealed next? When did my inner-monologue become the host of a 1940s radio show? Tune in each night at nine o’clock to see what new adventures await the lovely and mysterious Kagome Higurashi!

Okay, so I was definitely losing it.

Not that Mr. Golden Eyes was complaining. The following night, I knew just what to do to up the ante, to get the juices flowing…and I don’t just mean the adrenaline in my veins. Long since finished with dinner and having decided to leave my painting be for the night even though I was off the next day, I just hadn’t been able to keep my man waiting one minute longer than necessary as I sauntered into my bedroom and did something I hadn’t had the balls to do until that moment. I turned towards the window, my room still dark; golden eyes were staring back at me from his kitchen window, and I smirked. I’d then proceeded to click on my bedroom lamp, all the while keeping that soft, knowing smile on my face. I turned back to face the window again, then, my hands slowly climbing up to reach the first button on my blouse.

Yeah, I said button.

I guess at least on a subconscious level I’d already decided when I’d gotten dressed that morning what I would be doing come bedtime, the vast majority of my tops being pullovers of some design or another. This was actually the first night I’d been wearing buttons since this whole thing had started about two and a half weeks before, and as my hands danced across the fasteners of my blouse painstakingly slowly I started humming ‘Buttons’ by The Pussycat Dolls to myself. I couldn’t see his eyes anymore, my own gaze focused instead on the soft reflection of myself in the glass that was the most predominant thing to my eyes; I was sure if I squinted and concentrated I might still be able to spot him in the darkness beyond, especially if I got even closer to the glass, but I knew he was there and so that was all that mattered. One by one I ‘loosened up my buttons’ until the last one was undone and I slid my blouse back and off my arms to land on the floor. Next I reached for the button-fly of my jeans – apparently I’d been on a button kick that morning – and one by one those buttons were undone as well. Shimmying my hips back and forth while gently pushing downward, I’d removed my jeans as sexily as possible, understanding now why strippers have specially made tear-away clothing.

Once I was reduced to bra and panties I’d then proceeded to reach behind myself, still facing the window, and unclasped my bra. My breasts were immediately on full display, my nipples erect despite the heat of his gaze, and yes, I could definitely feel his eyes upon me, charring my flesh with a painless magic that left no scars, only tingles. Though the rush was of a different nature, I had definitely still felt a rush standing there before my window in nothing but a pair of cotton panties, this time knowing full well I had an admirer. I’d then smirked in his direction once more, before proceeding to turn and collect my fallen clothing, gathering them up to put in my laundry basket before then coming back to bed. Since I was off the next day I’d decided that I didn’t really need to set the alarm, so I’d let that be, clicking my bedside lamp down to its lowest setting before settling into bed for the night.

Oh wait, I forgot to put my nightgown on. Oops.

Not.

If he hadn’t stayed awake standing in his kitchen all night long before he probably would now, I’d thought to myself with a wicked chuckle. Man…is it hot in here or is it just the heat of his gaze on my body? Kicking the blankets down a little bit, I had knowingly exposed my chest once again with the move, gravity’s effects assuring my admirer of their authenticity.

Sleep had found me more easily that night than I’d been anticipating, although I did wake up at around three in the morning, which was odd for me since I usually didn’t have any problem sleeping straight through the night. Turning and glancing towards the window, I had been mildly startled by the sight that’d greeted me…eyes. Eyes in the dark, staring back at me, still, six hours later. I couldn’t see out my window as well as when my room was in total darkness, but with the lamp glowing softly on its dimmest setting I’d discovered in that moment that I could at least see out into the dark apartment across from mine well enough to notice those eyes, since they had an unnatural glow about them all their own. Perhaps that was why I always felt so hot under the weight of their stare, I had contemplated groggily, wondering if perhaps they were a genuine heat source, radiating with the thrum of his demonic energy. It was then that I’d turned and looked down over myself, noting that my chest was still exposed. No wonder he was still staring. I’d smiled to myself at the thought. Mr. Loyal Puppy was very loyal, indeed. A sudden chill rushed through me, then, a shudder of desire, and I’d turned back to the window only to discover with mild disappointment that he was gone. Oh well…

Rolling over with my back to the window, I’d vowed to put him out of my head for at least the rest of the night, so that I could get a decent amount of sleep. I’d have more fun come the following night.

Waking up the next morning, I had been prepared to face him should he have been in his kitchen when I turned to look out the window, but once again there had been nobody there and so I went about my normal morning routine, deliberately selecting another button-up blouse in anticipation for that night’s performance. Desperately needing to keep myself occupied so that I wouldn’t go nuts thinking about what to do that night or wondering what was running through his head, I’d quickly decided to lock myself away in my art studio for the majority of the day, and I got quite a significant amount of work done on my latest painting as a result. Yay me.

I had a very light dinner that night, suddenly more conscientious of my figure than I had previously been…gee I wonder why, heh, and once the clock struck nine I sprang from my draft stool in eager anticipation.  

That night’s show had started out about the same as the night before. I’d entered my dark bedroom with a confident swagger, flashed him a friendly smirk when our eyes locked and then proceeded to click on the light. My strip tease went down about the same as before until I was clad in nothing but a pair of white cotton panties, and that was when things got a little more interesting. After putting my day clothes in the hamper I reached for the hair brush I’d sat on my dresser around an hour earlier, when I’d gone through my bedroom and into the bathroom to do the normal, non-sexy things one must do at the end of each day. With my prop now ready and waiting for me I’d picked it up before making my way back over to the bed, where I’d then proceeded to kneel on top of the blankets, facing the glass, while brushing my hair, using my reflection in the window as my mirror. With the light still on full-bore he had an even better view of my breasts than the night before, the motion from brushing my hair, occasionally switching hands, ensuring that he got the most for his money.

Hmm…I really should have been charging money for this.

Eventually deciding that my hair couldn’t get any more brushed I sat the instrument in question aside on my nightstand before crawling into bed for the night, once again clicking the lamp not off, but merely onto its lowest setting. Glancing back towards the window, I’d smiled more than smirked when I saw his eyes still watching me, and then I winked before rolling over to face away from him. He’d had enough ogling for one night. Besides, I was actually more comfortable on my left side.

Every night it seemed things were continuing to progress between us, as I’d almost seemed to have been daring myself to see how far I’d be willing to take it next, although I had been momentarily caught by surprise when a rather intimate secret of his was revealed to me the following night when, upon entering my bedroom, I saw no golden eyes staring back at me. I’d thought, vaguely, that I could perhaps make out the shadowed outline of a person in his kitchen window, but I had not understood why I couldn’t see his eyes. Were they closed? Did he have his back to me? Was that even him?! I’d started to feel self-conscious, grateful I was still dressed, at the notion of there possibly being a stranger in his apartment. Had he invited others over to watch? As I’d thought about it I’d quickly realized that I couldn’t even feel the tiniest hint of his demonic energy, as if he wasn’t even home, and for the briefest of seconds I’d begun to feel violated as my mind raced at the very thought of him sharing my private gift with one of his buddies…and then he did something I never would have expected in a million years. He clicked on his light.

I will never forget my reaction, gasping at the sight of him, a hand going up to my mouth in total shock as I took in the sight of the black-haired human gazing back at me. Although ‘gazing back at me’ wasn’t really accurate because truthfully his stare had been blank, and I’d quickly realized that logistically, with his light on and it still being dark in my room, that meant he couldn’t see me, or my reaction to the stunning realization that he had just revealed to me his time of human transformation. There had been zero doubt in my mind once I saw his face, that raven-haired man standing in the kitchen across from my bedroom had definitely been the same man I had been entertaining for nearly three weeks by that point. Such a thing as him turning human at some point down the road hadn’t even crossed my mind throughout the duration of our game, although having grown up on a shrine I knew all hanyou had such a time; it was common knowledge among spiritualists not only that all hanyou occasionally turned human, but that all hanyou turned human at different and unique intervals, and that such a thing was inherently considered private because back during the warring era to reveal such a weakness could have meant death. I’d immediately felt both humbled and guilty, the latter stemming from having doubted him. Here I had begun to worry that he could have possibly violated my trust in him by turning my private gift into a peepshow for all his friends, and not only had he not violated my trust in such a way, but he’d just demonstrated possessing a trust in me in return that far outweighed the unspoken privacy clause of a simple striptease. I’d felt not only humbled but in awe, and my desire for the man had immediately increased, not that I’m more attracted to his human form, because the truth is I’m crazy about his youkai features, but the simple fact that he’d felt me worthy of seeing his human form had spoken volumes in the silence between us.

I’d wondered in that moment what must have gone through his head earlier that day; surely he’d known his human time was upon him, so he’d had ample time with which to decide whether or not to call it quits. That he had decided continuing our game, if you could truly call it a game by that point, was important enough to him to reveal such a thing to me…that’d really touched my heart. Even though the rule was supposed to be that we no longer met each other’s eyes in the light of day, it wasn’t day and so technically turning on the light in his apartment hadn’t been breaking the rules. It wasn’t his fault he’d had no glowing demonic eyes in that moment in time, so how else was he supposed to have let me know that he was still there, still wanting to see the show? Was I going to let a little thing like his temporary humanity ‘wake me up’ or let the fact that I’d just seen his entire face instead of the mystical allure of glowing yellow eyes frazzle me enough to stop our game? Hell no.

Getting my scrambled thoughts back in order, I’d quickly clicked on my own light then, offering him a warm, understanding and reassuring smile. He smiled back, and then he did something that made me laugh; he waggled his eyebrows up and down. I must admit that took the edge off, erasing the seriousness of the moment. He’d then proceeded to click his light back off, and I knew our little moment of silent communication had been completely understood by both parties. Smirking seductively then, I’d quickly felt my sexiness return as I proceeded to give him the show he’d decided was worth revealing his human night to see. On top of guilty, humbled and in awe, I’d also felt honored at such a thought. My show was that important to him. That night, as a sort of reward for his own bravery, immediately upon removing my bra I began massaging my breasts, as if they had been achy from having been kept bound up all day. Despite my admirer’s temporarily lack of demonic energy, it was still almost as if I could feel his eyes following the movement of my hands; perhaps by that point I simply knew him so well that whatever form he was in no longer mattered, I could feel the burning passion of his soul.  

Having taken such a monumental step forward, the following night I had immediately decided that there was no point in reversing our progress and so I once again massaged my breasts, adding a few nipple pinches for good measure. The night after that I decided to go for broke and made the biggest advancement of all, removing my panties. I had debated with myself over it while in the shower that morning, while simultaneously doing a different kind of ‘bating’…and had finally decided that if I were going to go for it then I needed to really go for it. My own time of the month had recently come and gone and so that wouldn’t be an issue for quite some time yet if I wanted to get this phase over with. The sooner the better, really, and so I went for it, slipping the damp piece of cotton down my legs, and I could swear I’d felt him groan in appreciation from his observation post across the way. Smirking, I’d then proceeded to still put my dirty clothing away into the hamper as well as brush my hair and set the alarm, parading around in my bedroom completely naked for at least two minutes before slipping into bed and adjusting the lamp down low.

That night all I had done was go to sleep, although the aching between my legs had been begging me otherwise.

You know where this is headed, don’t you?

So let’s fast-forward a bit, since for the next three nights I hadn’t done much of anything different from this night, stripping naked and giving him an eyeful but nothing more…nothing directly sexual. Well…aside from playing with my breasts upon removing my bra. But on the fifth night of removing my panties things got really interesting…although I’d still made him use his imagination to a degree.

I just hadn’t been able to take it any more. The heat of his eyes upon me had gotten even more intense over the last few weeks; I’d felt like I was on fire without the pain. With my blanket covering the lower half my naked body I’d reached down between my legs, unsurprised to discover just how wet I actually was. With my eyes closed tight, for that night at least, I finally did what I hadn’t permitted myself to do in the bed for nearly a month. At first I had momentarily worried that it would feel too weird, too uncomfortable, to masturbate knowing someone was watching me, but I’d quickly discovered that the opposite was true. Instead of having any kind of trouble getting excited I had already been aroused from knowing he appreciated the sight of my naked body, and knowing how at least most guys’ minds worked, I’d felt it a fairly safe bet that his appreciation was only going to ‘grow’ as he realized what I was doing. I’d imagined him doing the same in that moment. I’d imagined him touching himself as he watched me touch myself; I’d imagined him make-believing that the fingers roaming my most private area were his own, as he imagined that it was my hand wrapped firmly around his straining erection. I’d wondered what it looked like and if I’d ever actually get a chance to see it. I had found release easily that night, no need to fake it when I was the one pleasuring myself. Yes, I was putting on a show, but this was ‘reality’ TV, I wasn’t and am still not an actress. Not when it involves something that important.

Night after night I took myself to greater heights, adding more sex into my striptease appetizer as I’d play with myself as I stood in front of the window removing my clothing. A touch here, a pinch there. It had gotten to the point where I didn’t even care if anyone else happened to notice, though my apartment is thankfully on a high enough floor that nobody from the street below would be able to see in very far even if they did look up. I had no idea who lived above or below my imaginary lover, but I’d long since noticed that their kitchen lights were usually still on at that time of night, assuring me that there was no one trying to catch a glimpse of me from either of the only two other apartments that had even a slight view into mine. Fortunately our two buildings are close enough together that you can really only see into the apartment directly across from yours; they aren’t spaced so far apart that before your eyes is a wall of windows leading into several different dwellings. But even if my hanyou admirer’s up or downstairs neighbors had happened to catch a glimpse here and there, the angle guaranteed that neither of them could have seen far enough into my room to view my bed. Once I got onto that piece of furniture I belonged exclusively to the silver-haired, golden-eyed Adonis staring back at me unblinkingly, and we both knew it.

Shame on me for having contemplated for even half a second the blasphemy that would have been his sharing me with other people, I should have known better. I was convinced by that point that his youkai side had to be canine, and inu-youkai were very territorial.

I can’t really tell you exactly when it’d happened, when I’d stopped covering myself with the blanket or when I’d stopped closing my eyes, but six weeks after the night he’d caught me purely by chance as I’d accidentally started undressing with my curtains open found me lying spread naked on top of my blankets, my body glistening with sweat in the low lamp light that illuminated my quivering form enough for my silent partner to count every muscle spasm that shot through me while still leaving my room in enough darkness that my limited human eyesight could pierce through the velvet blackness beyond my terrace window to lock onto the hypnotic pull of my voyeur’s golden gaze. With our eyes piercing each other’s souls I’d fervently pleasured myself, my fingers an increasingly poor substitute for what I’d imagined his hardened length would feel like between my thighs. I’d long since given up trying to spot him in his apartment during the light of day. Daytime was for make-believing our lives were normal, nighttime was the time for indulging in secrets no longer needing to be kept, in fantasies no longer unattainable. Night was the time when forbidden pleasures became the norm, where nobody mocked, where nobody judged. Not one single person that I knew in my day-to-day life had been aware of the harlot I’d become, because I’d known the minute I shared my secret with the people of daylight their opinions, their ridicule, might have made me lose my nerve.  I’d wondered briefly if his ‘real life’ friends knew about me, but had quickly decided I didn’t care. Our situation from his side was completely different. If his friends or co-workers knew, then they were surely jealous of him for it, and assuming it was likely that growing up hanyou had made life a little rougher for him than it’d needed to be, then all the more reason to give the guy something this glorious to brag about.

Faster and faster I’d moved my fingers, not bothering to pretend they were actually a part of my admirer’s anatomy because surely he could reach a depth within me that I couldn’t. The fantasy that’d played out before my eyes hadn’t been that of my pretend lover above me, but merely what he was doing in his own apartment right then in that moment. I hadn’t needed to close my eyes to imagine what I’d looked like to his gaze, because I could see enough reflection of myself in the glass of my terrace door to know exactly what I’d looked like, shaking and shiny, my bangs plastered to my forehead. Gazing beyond my reflection to focus even more deeply on the burning passion I could read in his eyes, it hadn’t taken long at all before I was once again arching off of the bed, biting my lower lip to muffle my cry of release. While I’d been sure he would have loved to hear me holler my pleasure to the heavens above, I did have neighbors within my own apartment building that I’d preferred would remain unaware of what was happening. Crying out if you’re with a lover is one thing, which can still potentially lead to an embarrassing moment in the future, but crying out when you’re by yourself is just plain weird, at least to me, and I hadn’t wanted to risk any awkward encounters down at the mailboxes. As adventurous as I had been willing to become with my pretend lover, I’d wanted to keep the nature of our relationship a secret…at least while our ‘relationship’ still consisted solely of my private exploits made public for his voyeuristic viewing pleasure.

On more than one occasion I’d contemplated the possibility of actually going over there, of surprising him one day by suddenly knocking on his door, but I could never muscle up the courage. What would I say? What would he say? An awkward moment with a neighbor down at the mailboxes would seem like a birthday party compared to all of the different possible ways such an encounter could have gone wrong. What if he didn’t want to meet me? Surely he was just as capable of coming over here, if he’d wanted to bridge the final gap between us.

And that was when it’d hit me…what if he was just as afraid as I was? What if he was terrified that I’d freak out if he randomly showed up on my doorstep? Looking back on it, everything that had advanced between us thus far had been my doing, and I’d quickly realized in that moment as I’d lied there in the blissful afterglow of my latest orgasm that if I wanted things to progress between us beyond the plateau we’d reached, it would yet again have to be up to me. Better to hurry up and do it now, then, had been my next thought, knowing that my ‘time’ was rapidly sneaking up on me, just two more days away, and my show would then have to be put on hold for three days. Being on the pill meant that my body followed a rigorous schedule, so there’d been no need to worry about a mishap, but I’d still been worrying about my schedule as time went on. It was inevitable that I’d have to stop the show, at least temporarily. Would he be disappointed by the break? Would he still be interested three days later? Then of course the night after that would be the new moon; never having seen him turn human again since that one night had led me to believe that it was likely connected to the lunar cycle, although I’d known I couldn’t be sure my guess was correct until after the next new moon came and went.

With so many variables up in the air I’d quickly decided that it was now or never, if I’d wanted to again kick things up a notch. I had to take that next step forward before being forced to take a few steps back instead. Mind made up, I’d decided to take the plunge the very next night, going for broke while mentally crossing my fingers. Going to sleep that night I’d sent out a silent prayer that my plans for the following evening wouldn’t backfire and ruin everything.

They didn’t.

That night, six weeks and one day since what I now dubbed the night, would turn out to be the night that changed it all, my life, his life, our lives, forever.

Around eight o’clock I’d headed into my room as I’d done every night as of late, making a sharp right as I entered the dark room to head away from my terrace and instead go into the bathroom, doing all of my nightly rituals that I’d started doing earlier to get them out of the way. Staring at myself in the mirror for a few minutes after brushing my teeth, I’d taken a few calming breaths while asking myself if I was really going to go through with this; I’d quickly decided the answer was yes. Everything was freshly shaved, I’d made the bed that morning with a fresh set of sheets…I had one hour left to chicken out but I knew I wasn’t going to. Heading back out and down the hall to kill the last hour in my art studio, I took a few more calming breaths.

Come nine o’clock I’d been a nervous wreck though I’d prayed it wouldn’t show. Heading into my room I couldn’t help but smirk as I saw him there, staring back at me as I gazed out the window. I’d wondered briefly if he’d picked up on my less than sexual walk when I’d first entered the room, though I’d known any questions in his mind were about to be answered…or at least replaced with a different set of questions, like ‘what the hell is she thinking’…I couldn’t help chuckling a little to myself at that thought, having asked myself that very same question all day. Approaching my terrace door still fully clothed, I’d unlatched and slid it open, the cool air refreshing as a slight breeze danced through my hair. Stepping outside I’d approached the edge of my balcony, gripping the railing, all the while never taking my eyes off of his. I’d felt relieved and reassured when he hadn’t immediately bolted out of his kitchen at the sight, remaining standing there still, staring at me still, though I could easily read the uncertainty, the confusion in his gaze. I’d smiled then, no longer feeling nervous, and turned to go back inside. I had deliberately left the terrace door open. A pointless gesture to a human, but an invitation to a youkai; there had been zero doubt in my mind that he’d known I knew the difference, just as there had been zero doubt in my mind that he could scale the distance.

Clicking on my bedroom lamp, then, I had felt confident, resigned to my fate no matter what happened, but in an optimistic way. Let’s do this thing, had been my frame of mind. No longer having a mirror to watch myself in as I strip-danced, I’d quickly found that I didn’t need to see my reflection in the glass to know that what I was doing looked good; I’d done it enough times by that point to do it with my eyes closed. Not that I’d had my eyes closed, locking gazes with my across-the-alleyway neighbor from start to finish. Completely naked, I’d thought to give him more time to decide, once again doing a few mundane things such as brushing my hair in order to build suspense, but soon enough I was on my back and writhing in ecstasy. Keeping my head turned, I’d kept my eyes locked on his, silently communicating my desire. I was certain he understood; I could almost feel the war being waged within his psyche. I’d told myself that if in the end he declined my offer I would not take it personally, though I couldn’t say if I’d ever extend such an invitation again. Once was a statement, twice would be begging, and I was not desperate.

Well, that wasn’t true, but I still wouldn’t beg.

Looking back on it, I can’t recall when or how it was that I’d ended up looking away from the window, glancing up at the ceiling for a only moment as my eyes rolled back in my head from the way I’d been prolonging the pleasurable torture I was delivering upon my own body, not wanting to cum just yet, but upon turning back to immediately lock eyes with him once more I’d immediately discovered with frozen shock that he was gone. Then before I could even start to worry that his absence in the window could possibly mean I’d overstepped my bounds to the point of him deciding it was time to end our game himself, I saw a flash of silver and crimson, and suddenly a very naked and very aroused hanyou gone full-youkai was standing in my room. I didn’t even have enough time to gasp in surprise before he pounced.

```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````` ````````````````````````````

She was crazy. That had been the only explanation that made sense, not that I was complaining. Hell no, if the hot chick across the alley from me wanted to give me a free show every night, complaining was the last thing on my mind. Usually if a guy peeped on a regular basis into a woman’s apartment it would be the guy labeled the pervert, or worse, but by that point in time my conscience had been pretty much clear. What healthy, warm-blooded male would not have taken advantage of such an opportunity? So like an eager child running to sit in front of the television set in time for his favorite program, I’d made sure I was in my darkened kitchen promptly at half past eight the following night, guilt the farthest thing from my mind. She had seemed to settle into a fairly regular schedule of around nine o’clock, but it never hurt to be early just in case, right?

Right on time she’d emerged a half hour later, and I couldn’t believe my eyes when the little minx actually turned and smirked at me. She’d smirked! At me! The little vixen had turned and looked right at me before clicking on the lamp. I’d been too stunned to react, staring right back at her, and then she’d turned away and our eye-lock was over, although she’d kept that sultry smile on her lips. Made me want to kiss them, though I’d quickly banished that thought from my mind. This was nothing more than one of those ‘behind the glass’ shows you could slip a few dollars in the slot to see, I’d told myself, the only differences being that this one was free, and nobody else was allowed to look. Again my youkai side had rumbled to life with possessive jealousy at the very thought of another person catching even a glimpse of this gorgeous seductress, The Temptress was mine, but I’d known I had no challengers for her affections and so my inner beast had easily calmed back down as the show began.

At least, that was, until I’d realized just what this night’s show was going to entail! Standing completely forward, facing me directly, she’d started unbuttoning her blouse…unbuttoning her blouse…when I knew damn well that she’d never been wearing a button-up shirt before this. Baffled, my eyes had remained glued to her fingers’ every move as she undid the plastic fasteners one by one. Slipping the delicate fabric down her arms once the garment had been fully opened, she’d then made quick work of her jeans, although that statement wasn’t really true when in reality she had unfastened and removed her jeans at an agonizingly slow pace. A ‘blip’ down below quickly had me loosening my own pants, untying the drawstring on my sweats so that I could stick my hand inside and ‘readjust’ myself. I wasn’t playing with it…at least not yet.

Once The Temptress had reduced her ensemble to nothing but bra and panties I’d found myself breathing heavily in anticipation, knowing what was next to come…myself not included. She hadn’t disappointed, as she’d immediately reached behind herself and unfastened her bra, freeing her breasts for my viewing pleasure. My mouth had watered at the sight, and I’d longed to circle my tongue around her pebbled nipples, making them even harder, until they were as erect as the steel rod in my pants. She’d turned then, giving me an excellent glimpse of her panty-covered ass as she bent down and picked up her discarded clothing, carrying the bundle over to her laundry basket. She’d then proceeded to head back over to her bed, slipping under the covers before reaching for her lamp, once again merely turning it down to the lowest setting while still leaving it on. She hadn’t changed into a nightgown at all. Not only that, but she hadn’t even pulled the blanket up over her breasts! Was this woman for real? My inner beast had struggled to free itself at the sight, but I’d managed to appease that side of me by gripping my cock so hard it almost hurt, my sweatpants having made their way down to my knees by that point. I’d wanted to go over there and fuck her so badly, but I knew couldn’t, and so I’d settle for the next best thing. Growling to myself, my thoughts had been that the little bitch had better pray we never randomly bumped into each other on the street; her ass would be kidnapped before she even knew what hit her.

Completely losing track of time, I’d had no idea how long I’d stood there staring at her, almost glaring at her, angered and grateful all at the same time, hating her and loving her and everything in between. My youkai stamina had chosen that moment to rear its ugly head as my fist continued to pound away on my swollen and weeping hard-on, the woman in the apartment across from me acting like a drug in my system that had made it almost impossible to finish, not that I had even wanted to at the time because it had felt way too good to come to an end just yet. Suddenly though, movement from within her bedroom broke me from my trance, as I’d suddenly realized that she had somehow awoken and was staring right at me. Despite the lamp still being on, the dimmest setting must have been dark enough to still allow her to see through her window and into my own, because there was no mistaking the acknowledgement of her gaze, as her eyes clearly communicated that she could see my own. Blast my youkai half for making my eyes glow in the dark! Though then again, if I’d been human then my vision wouldn’t have been sharp enough to have caught sight of her that first night, nor would she have noticed my gaze even if I had managed to spot her presence, meaning neither of us would have then been in that moment where we now were as you hear us tell this story, as I suddenly realized for myself just how much more powerful self-gratification could be if you looked deeply into the eyes of another while pleasuring yourself. I’d lost it in that moment, though I’d thankfully managed to hold out long enough for her to have turned away for whatever reason, otherwise she surely would have been made aware of my release from the look in my eyes. Spilling my seed onto my kitchen floor, I’d sagged against the counter, spent and exhausted. I’d stood there for a few minutes catching my breath, and by the time I’d glanced back up to gaze out the window again she had already lied back down, attempting to fall back asleep, her back now to me. I had quickly decided to let her be, absentmindedly reminding myself to mop the floor in the morning as I staggered down the hallway, fatigue quickly wrecking havoc on my extremities. At that moment all I’d cared about was sleep.

The following day, I’d waited once again until I could hear her shower water running before quickly fixing my breakfast and lunch for the day, before then busting out my Swiffer to make quick work of the mess I’d made on the tile the night before. This woman was going to be the death of me yet, I just knew it. The following night was the night of the new moon, and already I’d begun to worry. What would I do? What could I do? Desperately trying not to think too much on the subject, I hadn’t let my pending transformation distract me from enjoying what’d I’d realized could possibly be my last night of such visual bliss. The Temptress had spiced things up that night by brushing her hair while kneeling topless on the top of her bed, and I’d most definitely appreciated the view. I couldn’t help smirking when she’d winked at me before rolling over once she’d tucked herself under the blankets. After what’d happened the night before, I can’t say I’d blamed her for wanting to avoid a repeat. It had to have been a bit unnerving for her to have woken up in the middle of the night to discover my eyes still upon her; that she had once again stripped down and paraded around in nothing but a pair of panties before then granting me an extended visual with that hair brushing stunt, I’d felt both relieved and even more worried. How was I going to handle my human night?

As morning came and the day wore on my thoughts had continued to torment me. There were really only two options, I’d realized early enough. One, do nothing, and hope that she doesn’t take my mysterious absence personally or take it as a sign that our game was over. Two, reveal myself to her, and hope that she could deal with it. Either scenario would involve hoping for the best, but as evening approached I’d quickly made my final decision.

Revealing myself to her, believe it or not, hadn’t been that big of a deal to me, at least on the surface. I’d felt such a connection with her, such a bond, that I had not felt frightened by the notion of exposing myself at my most vulnerable, of trusting her with such a precious secret. I was nervous of what her reaction would be, but I had known, I’d known, that no matter what she would not betray me in this. Because she was a miko I’d felt fairly confident that she was in fact already aware that all hanyou have a time when they turn human, so hopefully she wouldn’t be too surprised, although I’d known there had been nothing to suggest my transformation happened at night. If I did in fact turn human one day out of the month, or even more frequently, then there would never have been a reason to reveal such a thing to her and our nightly routine could have proceeded uninterrupted. So while I hadn’t been worried, on the surface, about showing her my human side, I had been worried about how she would react to such an unexpected sight, and whether or not my unveiling would still ruin things between us. What if it was my youkai features that did it for her and seeing me as a human would be a huge turn-off? Hey! That had been a valid concern! It wasn’t like this was a serious relationship or anything, I was a voyeur and she an exhibitionist, our silent nightly escapades purely for physical enjoyment; she would have been perfectly within her rights to be shallow with regard to my appearance.

Since I hadn’t really had a choice, though, because allowing her to think that I’d suddenly lost interest in her had not been an option, I’d gritted my teeth and, yeah, hoped for the best. Once the sun had slipped out of sight, my youkai blood disappearing with it, my human emotions had made me more nervous about what was to come, but I had not been thinking about chickening out. Even without presently feeling the connection to her that was housed in my youkai half, my human half had also grown extremely attached by that point. Preparing myself for whatever would happen, I’d made sure I was present at my usual time, around a half hour or so before her show was set to begin. Standing motionless in my blackened kitchen, I knew the moment had come when I saw all of the other lights in her apartment click off, and then a shadowed figure I could barely make out against the city’s reflections on the glass revealed itself through her bedroom window. As she’d stood there in the darkness of her own bedroom I’d known easily enough what could have possibly been going through her mind since she obviously couldn’t see the glow of my demonic eyes or feel the thrum of my youki, and assuming she could see the outline of my form just as I could see hers, then I knew I had to act fast, before she jumped to horribly wrong conclusions.

Inhaling and exhaling deeply once to shake off my nerves, I clicked on the light in my kitchen, rendering my human eyes completely useless when it came to gazing into the apartment across from mine. All I could do was wait, then, and pray she wouldn’t keep me waiting too long. It had felt like an eternity though in reality it had probably been less than a minute. Her thoughts must have been scrambling as she’d stood there in the darkness, leaving me hanging, but I had never felt more relieved than when she’d clicked on her bedroom lamp, an understanding smile on her lips. I’d smiled back in what I’m sure was obvious relief, and then suddenly getting struck by inspiration, as this was the first time we’d gazed across at each other in perfect light, I did what I’d once upon a time been worried about her accidentally perceiving from me should I have caught her gaze during daylight hours, I waggled my eyebrows up and down like a horny pervert. She laughed, and though a small part of me had cursed my dull human ears that had failed to pick up the heavenly sound, I’d grinned nonetheless, before quickly clicking off my light. She smirked back my way seductively, and I’d immediately known the show was about to begin. I had felt tremendously relieved to realize I’d made the right decision. She must have realized my dilemma; I’d wondered briefly if she’d also realized just how important to me she actually was, to have made the decision I’d made instead of calling it quits.

Soon enough, though, I had no longer been able to contemplate such deeply profound and emotionally charged quandaries, all the blood in my brain draining down into my sweat pants as she palmed and massaged her breasts after removing her bra. Damn bitch…though I still mean that in a good way.

The following night the little minx even pinched her nipples a few times, smirking my way once she’d clicked the lamp down low for the night and she once again caught sight of my glowing eyes. I’d been relieved yet again to know that my temporary humanity hadn’t spoiled anything between us, but I’d seriously begun to wonder just how much more of her torture I’d be able to take.

I had that answer the following night when The Temptress went for broke and removed her panties. I groaned loudly, unable to cage the sound in my throat as my powerful eyes hungrily soaked in the sight of her perfectly trimmed raven curls. Turning to pick up her discarded clothing granted me with an exquisite view of her flawless ass, and my clawed hands cracked the strip of tile in front of my sink as I gripped the countertop to keep myself in place, my straining cock wanting nothing more than to burry itself between those pale cheeks and pound into her until they turned rosy. The little bitch had then had the audacity to still meander around in her room for a moment, before then kneeling on her bed while brushing her hair, all while completely naked, and I’d had half a mind to leap across the distance between our two buildings and demand she either put some clothes back on or let me cover her with my body, though of course I’d remained standing exactly where I was, my left hand still clutching the countertop while my right hand beat my cock so hard that had I still been in human form the force used would have probably ripped my dick right off my body.

For three more nights the bitch tempted me with her perfect body, stripping completely nude after playing with her breasts, and a masochistic part of me was eager to see what she’d do next. So far she’d been regularly increasing the intensity if our encounters, and now that she had rendered herself completely naked there was really only one option left. On the fifth night since first going nude I’d learned that she’d known that as well, as she pleasured herself under the concealment of her blanket; I’d cursed the blanket but at the same time had at least been grateful she’d left her breasts exposed. Trying my best to pace myself, I’d spilled my seed in the same moment that her body was arching off of the bed, the sight of her climax immediately triggering my own.

Night after night things progressed, her strip teases getting more and more sexual, her hands roaming up and down her body as she stood in the window completely naked. Soon enough it had gotten to the point where once she got to the bed she would masturbate in full view, lying on top of her blankets, her hands shamelessly exploring her nude form in my stead as I so desperately wished they could be my own hands, and as my claw-tipped fingers wrapped firmly around my cock each night I’d longed to know how it would feel to have her delicate human hands touching me instead, or to have my aching flesh sink satisfyingly deep into her hot, wet pussy.  

Then one night it changed, everything changed, forever. Crazy little bitch.

I have no regrets.

I will never forget my initial confusion as she approached her sliding glass door and opened it, stepping out onto her terrace while still fully clothed. The night breeze played with her hair, making a few raven locks dance around her beautiful face, and even though I was confused I could not take my eyes off such a sight, not even as she approached the edge of her balcony and gripped the metal railing. Her eyes had remained locked squarely on my own, and my confusion and trepidation had only increased, wondering if she were trying to tell me something. She hadn’t looked upset, though, in fact just the opposite as she’d smirked then, her posture confident, before turning and heading back into her apartment. Soon enough her strip tease had been underway as usual, and that was when it’d hit me. She’d left her window open. No…it was a door. She’d left the door to her bedroom open…for me. My youkai blood had roared to life at the thought of such a blatant invitation, knowing I could easily clear the distance between our two buildings and knowing that she had to have been aware of that fact as well. She wasn’t just teasing, she was serious…she had to be. For a while, though, I’d remained frozen, not in shock but in indecision. Dare I? My stupid human side had been trying its best to talk me out of it, and for what I’m sure had been perfectly legitimate reasons, but in that moment I’d been more beast than man and it hadn’t taken long at all for my youkai blood to fully consume me, my human blood going night-night as I transformed into my full-youkai form, my indecision erased.

Now, don’t panic. It’s not like I grew up in the warring era where youkai and humans, or youkai and youkai, fought each other to the death in matters of survival. Turning full-youkai didn’t mean I had become a crazy, mindless, bloodthirsty killing machine. However, considering the fact that, at that particular moment in time, about 90% of the blood in my body was in my throbbing, swollen and dark purple-red cock, I had become a crazy, mindless, sex machine. Ripping my sweatpants from my body, I had been unaware of the fact that she’d momentarily taken her eyes off of me, or that in the brief second it took me to run to my living room window, slide the glass open, tear through the screen and leap easily across a diagonal path that landed me silently on her terrace, she had begun to contemplate what my absence could have meant. All I knew was that in one moment I had been staring at her through my kitchen window and in the next I was in her bedroom, the heady scent of her arousal screaming at me to mount her.

Before she could even gasp in surprise to suddenly be face to face with her voyeur I’d lunged, my hands expertly reaching for and pinning her wrists as I drove my steel rod deep inside her weeping pussy in a single brutal thrust. She did gasp then, although the sound had clearly been one of pleasure, and immediately I was pounding into her, my lips clamped tightly over her own in a searing kiss that’d prevented her ability to utter a command to stop, not that I would have listened even if she had made such a demand. The fact that I was potentially raping her hadn’t entered my mind, but why should it have? What had she thought was going to happen by leaving that fucking door open?!   

Finally realizing that the human woman below me needed to breathe I’d broken away from the kiss, but I hadn’t eased up on her otherwise, my hips hammering forward at an almost dangerous pace. I pierced her gaze with my crimson eyes, our faces a hair’s breath apart, as I wanted her to feel everything I had to give her, and I will never forget the burst of pride that had washed through me when after finally granting her the opportunity to speak the first words out of her mouth were “Fucking gods! Yes!”

I’d laughed at that, the tone of my voice dark and threatening, though I swear the sound had turned her on even more. Releasing her wrists now that I knew she wouldn’t struggle I’d reached for her hips instead, accidentally scratching her with my claws as I gripped her tightly to pound into her even more forcefully as I raised myself up on my knees. The scent of her blood brought me back to my senses enough to reverse my transformation, and I’d slowed my thrusts a little as I gazed down at her in concern, but she had quickly put my mind at ease as she’d commanded “Kami, don’t stop!” and so I hadn’t, smirking while quickly picking up the pace, once again pistoning my hips to the maximum I’d felt her human body could safely endure.

“Touch yourself!” I’d commanded roughly, and she hadn’t hesitated to comply, reaching down to where our bodies were joined with her right hand to fervently rub at her swollen and sensitive clit.

It hadn’t taken long at all before I’d felt her inner muscles clamping down around me even tighter than her tight little pussy had originally been, and as she began to shake and quiver below me I’d immediately lost it, gripping her bruised hips tightly as I emptied myself deeply within her eager and awaiting body, a loud grunt of completion tumbling out of my throat as I buried my face in the crook of her neck.

```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````` ````````````````````````````

Feeling him spill himself deep within me, his face pressed tenderly in the junction where my shoulder met my neck as his body shook with the force of his release, my dizzy mind had desperately tried to grab onto the last coherent thought I’d been able to form before this sex god had suddenly appeared before me and so thoroughly rocked my world.

I hadn’t been frightened when he’d pounced on top of me, entering me in one swift thrust. I’ve learned to be careful who only hears minor snippets of this story, because to the uninformed observer I realize it sounds like he went crazy and raped me, but in reality nothing could be further from the truth. You just have to know the whole story in order to understand. You know what’d really happened. I had wanted him, I’d wanted him by that point more than I’d ever wanted anything else in my life, and don’t forget I’m the one who’d extended the invitation to begin with, opening my terrace door. No, as he’d held my hands pinned down, and then as he’d released my wrists to grab my hips instead, the only thoughts that had managed to form in my mind had been exactly the words that’d leaked past my lips. He was not then and never would be a villain in my mind, or in my body.

Once our heavenly joining was over, though, I had begun to grow mildly worried that he would regret what had just happened between us, since it had been obvious to me that his youkai blood had momentarily overwhelmed his human side. There was one surefire way, I’d realized in that moment, to alleviate any possible growing concerns on his part.

“My name’s Kagome, by the way.”

```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````` ````````````````````````````

Hearing her gentle voice speak up with such a nonchalant comment quickly had me laughing despite myself, my gradually deflating cock still buried deep within her perfect pussy. Smirking, I’d pushed back with my arms just enough to see her face, in no hurry to disconnect our lower bodies, as I’d offered her a warm smile before replying, “Inuyasha.”

“So you are a dog!” was the next thing to blurt out of her mouth, which only had me laughing again since the tone of her voice had clearly revealed her happiness at that news.

“That I am.”

Eventually deciding that proper introductions were in order, and that such a thing would be more easily accomplished were we not still connected down below, I’d regretfully separated from her satisfying heat in that moment, maneuvering myself so that I was sitting up on her bed beside her, while murmuring a sheepish apology for the thin scratches on her hips. They weren’t serious, but they might leave a faint scar. My ears had momentarily lowered to my head a bit at that thought, though she’d quickly brought me back with the feel of her soft hand gently cupping my cheek moments before her lips were again touching mine, this kiss soothing and, dare I say it, loving.  

Getting down to business, then, we’d talked long into the night, eager to learn more about each other. What should have probably been awkward, maybe even excruciatingly so, was in truth not awkward at all, as we both learned with equal wonder, joy and hope that each of us had been equally as drawn to the other, and not just sexually. There was no denying that I was a horny dog for my Temptress, but I’d honestly wanted to get to know her beyond our evening strip show, and I’d been delighted to learn that she felt the same way.

Not wanting to part, but figuring I’d better jump back across to my apartment while it was still dark out so that nobody would notice a flying streaking hanyou in the light of day, Kagome had laughed at my blush and informed me that she had a baggy pair of sweatpants that should fit me that I could wear in the morning if I’d wanted to stay the night.

Ah-hah! I knew all women owned a pair of baggy sweats!

Taking her up on her offer I’d spent the night, and well…one thing led to another, I guess you could say. Usually that expression is reserved for explaining away unplanned sex, but this time I’m using it to explain an unplanned relationship. Kagome is now officially my girlfriend, and I couldn’t be happier with the way things turned out. Since my apartment only had one bedroom, once our relationship got to that stage, I decided to make the sacrifice and move into her place…some sacrifice. Of course, she is absolutely forbidden from giving the guy who now lives in my old apartment any glimpses of skin, so those curtains stay closed whenever dressing or undressing is taking place, but somehow, I don’t think she really minds my canine possessiveness.

```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````` ````````````````````````````

And so there you have it. Inuyasha and I are living happily ever after. Does that mean I recommend other women start stripping in front of their open bedroom windows to see if the peeping tom across the way from them might turn out to be ‘the one’? Hell no. Kids, don’t try this at home. Still, though, I can’t say that I regret a single moment of it, and if I had to do it all over again I wouldn’t change a thing. I hope it was as fun for you to read as it was for me to live! Peace out!






Converting /tmp/php46Djg7 to /dev/stdout