InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Family Connections ❯ I think this was in a fairy tale... ( Chapter 4 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Standard Disclaimer: Inuyasha and all belong to Rumiko Takahashi….

*Chapter Four*

~I think this was a in fairy tale…~

Miroku sighed wearily as he pushed open the front door, rubbing his eyes as he dropped his bags carelessly in the foyer and kicked off his shoes. Yawning and stretching, he glanced at the couch and could just make out the edge of a blanket dangling over the arm. `For once that idiot actually didn't steal my bed? I'm stunned,' he shook his head, already putting his friend in the back of his mind.

"Morning, Inuyasha," he waved slightly as he went down the hall, glancing at Kagome's closed door and shrugging.

Sleep… He'd been on a train for eight hours and an army of screaming children had descended on the car he and Sango were in like evil hell-spawned demons. When he dropped her off at her place she'd looked just as ready to drop as he was, but at least she'd been home. Although, he'd been expecting a more volatile homecoming, so this was nice. Since Kagome and Inuyasha were asleep, he didn't need to feel bad about ignoring them until he'd gotten some rest himself.

Miroku pushed open the door to his bedroom, already pulling his shirt over his head when his eyes found a bare foot poking out of the rumpled blankets. "Aw, shit, Inuyasha!" he grumbled, his patience nearly at an end as he stalked to the side of the bed to glare down at the boy's sleeping face. "Dammit, wake up and get out! I'm tired!" he grabbed the bare shoulder peeking through the blankets and shook him.

Inuyasha batted at his hand and muttered, sliding his other hand deeper into the tangled lump of blankets and apparently settling down. Miroku's brows rose in mild surprise despite his exhaustion, `Wow… He's fucking out… I've never seen Inuyasha sleep quite this deeply before.'

Shaking off the reasoning behind that phenomenon, he reached out and smacked him on the shoulder, grumbling, "Oi! I mean it, Yasha! Get your ass out on the couch if you're still tired, but-"

Miroku trailed off when Inuyasha shifted, tugging the blankets enough that another foot poked out of the tangled mess. This one with a silver anklet and a charm that… His hand lifted to the pendant at his throat and his brows slowly lowered with the gathering storm of his already frayed temper.

"Oh HELL no…!" he set his jaw, reaching out to grab the blankets and yank with all his strength.

Inuyasha was lying on his side wearing nothing but an old pair of his running pants, his arm tucked tightly around Kagome… who was wearing nothing but one of his old shirts.

And Kagome had some very interesting bruises on the side of her neck…

**

Kagome jerked away to a crashing sound, pushing herself bolt upright as she searched for the source of the sound, yawning and trying to get the sleep out of her eyes. She froze, her hand still in the process of rubbing one eye when her gaze fell on Miroku looking like hell warmed over slamming a punch into Inuyasha's face.

Unfortunately, Inuyasha had apparently just been forcefully dragged out of bed and was too groggy to do more than get a look of comic panic on his face before the blow connected and sent him to the ground.

"You goddamn sonofabitch!" Miroku had started yelling at the top of his lungs, reaching out for anything he had close to swing at the now wide-awake man who was trying to dodge and yell back his explanation at the same time.

Kagome lifted her hand, mouth open to intervene when she very clearly recalled her agreement with Miroku. Sighing as she watched the two scream obscenities at each other, Inuyasha ducking while Miroku threw every book in his bookshelf at the poor man, she slid off the opposite side of the bed.

"I told you to keep your fucking hands off my cousin!" Miroku railed, the latest book making the walls shake as Inuyasha jumped to the side.

"Dammit, it's not like you think, Miroku!" Inuyasha snapped back, ducking a vase this time and cringing when it shattered against the wall behind him. "Oi! Will you quit fighting like a girl and listen for two seconds?!"

Kagome grabbed the top pair of pants from her cousin's drawer and stepped into them, yawning again as Miroku apparently took up the challenge and launched at Inuyasha kicking and punching.

"In MY BED?!" Miroku roared, getting more and more angry every time Inuyasha managed to dodge or block one of his attacks. "My own fucking bed, Inuyasha!!"

"I'll make coffee," Kagome murmured, closing the door behind her as Miroku tackled her lover to the ground amid a new flurry of violent cursing.

~The End~ Or maybe not ^.~