InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Family Instincts ❯ Family Instincts - Niagara Falls ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Family Instincts - Niagara Falls
By Majicman55
 
Okay, okay. I do not own any part of InuYasha. I just like to play with the characters.
 
 
The front door to a seedy building in a rather seedy part of Tokyo flew open…although it would be more accurate to say that it flew open, flew across the room, impacted the far wall and toppled forward onto the living room floor.
 
“Nyoko!”
 
A panting Akamaru stood in the doorway surveying the interior. His nose told him Nyoko had been there and had probably left within the hour. There were one, two…no, three, other scents in the room. All male and all carrying scent characteristics that marked them as Nyoko's relatives.
 
“Relatives?” thought Akamaru.
 
He followed his nose till he found the room where his mate had been kept. There was duct tape half torn off and hanging around the door frame. Wet towels were strewn around the floor at the base of the door as if they had been stuffed under it and then kicked away rapidly. Akamaru wondered why until he walked into the room.
 
The scent nearly knocked him backwards. The bed was literally soaked with the scent of Nyoko's arousal.
 
Instant hard-on.
 
Akamaru backed out of the room, pulled out his cell and dialed his brother and sister. “She was here, alright. Wouldn't advise you to come in, though. Her scent is…strong.”
 
“How long ago?” asked his sister.
 
“Within the hour.”
 
“Are you sure you don't want help?” asked Aoimaru.
 
Akamaru looked down at the tent in his trousers. “No, thank you. I'd better handle this myself.” Akamaru paused for a moment. “On second thought, you and Midoriko keep trying to get a reading on Nyoko. I think it's time to call for some expert help.”
 
“Hey!”
 
“I resent that.”
 
“I'm calling Uncle Sesshomaru.”
 
“Oh.”
 
“Well.”
 
“That's alright, then.”
 
 
******************
 
 
Sesshomaru's raised an eyebrow when his personal cell phone rang. He raised it even higher when The Great Lord of the Western Lands saw that it was Akamaru calling.
 
“What would InuYasha and Kagome's whelp want with me?”
 
Sesshormaru pushed the answer button. “This had better be good.”
 
“I need your help.”
 
“As InuYasha's pup, by definition you need help.” Sesshomaru frowned. What was that repetitive sound on Akamaru's end of the phone?
 
“Ha-ha.”
 
“Speak.”
 
“We have located where they kept Nyoko. Her scent is very strong, including the scent of her…arousal…so mom's suggestion on how to track her worked well.”
 
“So that's what that noise is,” thought Sesshomaru. “And how do you wish this Sesshomaru to help?”
 
“She was being held by three individuals who definitely have youkai characteristics, but I am so fixated on Nyoko's scent that I cannot get a good read on her theirs.”
 
“Hn. You have not trained properly.”
 
“And you didn't have the thousands of extra scents we have to put up with every day.”
 
“Hn.”
 
“Could you, or father, come here and get scent readings on our three adversaries?”
 
“Your father is…preoccupied.”
 
“Still?”
 
“The miko has that effect on him.”
 
“Then you'll come?”
 
“Hn. Only if you promise this Sesshomaru one thing.”
 
Akamaru sighed. “What now?”
 
“The next time you call this Sesshomaru, do not masturbate.”
 
 
******************
 
 
“So Fluffy's on his way over.”
 
Akamaru spun around to find both his brother and sister standing in the doorway. “I thought I told you I was calling Sesshomaru for this!” Akamaru fumbled to put “something” away.
 
Midoriko giggled. “Busted!” She laughed some more. “I can tell what Nyoko sees in you.”
 
Aoimaru was laughing, too. “At least I still have you beat one way.”
 
“No…you…don…YIPE!”
 
Three people were rolling on the floor, but only two in laughter.
 
 
******************
 
 
“Hn.”
 
The Great Lord of the Western Lands stood in the doorway to the recently evacuated hideout. Facing him were his nephew and niece, Aoimaru and Midoriko, obviously trying to suppress a case of the giggles. Directly opposite him was a stewing Akamaru, sitting with his pants down around his ankles and a bag of frozen vegetables in his lap. “This Sesshomaru would like…”
 
“Shut up.”
The Great Lord of the Western Lands couldn't believe his ears. His brother's whelp had dared to tell him to shut up. Sure he looked in pain, but that was no excuse to disrespect one's elders.
 
“This Sesshomaru would like to know what…”
 
“Shut up!”
 
“He got his you-know-what caught in his zipper.”
 
Akamaru glared at his brother.”
 
“He was rolling on the floor till just a few minutes ago.”
 
Akamaru's glare turned to his sister.
 
“…although I could tell what Nyoko sees in him.”
 
“Hn. He takes after his father.” Sesshomaru turned to Akamaru, who still looked pained. “Do not worry. You will heal by tomorrow.”
 
“It still hurts now, bastard.”
 
“Indeed. Then let me show you something that may help.”
 
Akamaru screamed in pain as the Great Lord of the Western Lands hoisted him over one shoulder and took him outside and into a deserted alleyway. “Do not follow,” he warned the others. There was a glow from the alley and the light projected through a window showed Sesshomaru's silhouette changing to that of a dog…which then flopped over onto its side.
 
Aoimaru looked out the doorway, made a disgusted face and backed into the room to rejoin his sister. “Don't go out there.”
 
“What's he doing?” Midoriko couldn't contain her curiosity and, despite her brother's warning, poked her head out. “Ewwwww.”
 
“Told ya.”
 
Akamaru sat against one wall of the alleyway, still holding the bag of frozen vegetables in his lap. His expression was an odd mix of being mesmerized…and being sick.
 
Sesshomaru, in dog form, was demonstrating how Akamaru should clean himself.
 
 
******************
 
 
In an even-seedier part of Tokyo, three villains were busy placing wards around their new hideout.
 
Seijika complained, “Well, this makes things more difficult.”
 
Onaraku sneered at his brother. “Just shut up and keep putting `em up. We cannot have them finding us again. We are not ready.”
 
Bengoshi gave a slight smile. “One good thing, my brothers: if we ward only against them sensing her, we will know when they are close, but they will have no idea where we are.”
 
That's comforting.”
 
“Seijika!”
 
Seijika turned to Onaraku, only to have two fingers poked into his eyes. He recoiled in pain. “He's doing it again.”
 
Bengoshi stepped up to Onaraku and whispered, “Niagara Falls.”
 
A strange, faraway look came into Onaraku's eyes as he droned, “Slowly I turned. Step by step. Inch by inch.”
 
Bengoshi turned to Seijika. “Just let him go for a few minutes and he'll be okay.” Bengoshi glanced at Nyoko, who was slumbering on a sofa where she had been unceremoniously dumped. “Now, help me lock the girl away.”
 
Bengoshi picked Nyoko up under her arms and Seijika took her legs.
 
“The girl still reeks of desire for our enemy!”
 
“Just remember that she carries our father's reincarnation.” Bengoshi paused. “Sheesh. Am I the only sane one around here?”
 
 
******************
 
 
“I really did not need to see that.”
 
“Look, sis,” said Aoimaru. “I tried to tell you.”
 
“You two think I wanted to see it, either?” shouted Akamaru, who then turned to Sesshomaru. “That was gross and disgusting.”
 
Sesshomaru's left eyebrow shot up. “Inu's have been satisfying their needs that way for generations. It is one reason that we have not killed ourselves off. We have achieved better control since we learned how to channel and release sexual tension.” Sesshomaru glanced at Akamaru. “Although we don't usually do it while talking with our elders on the phone.”
 
Akamaru blushed deeply. “I am deeply sorry, uncle.”
 
“Hn. That is the trouble with children these days: no respect for their elders or tradition.”
 
Akamaru sighed. “Of course you are right, uncle, but have you picked up any information from our enemies' scents?”
 
“They are related to Naraku…although this Sesshomaru cannot see how. As far as this Sesshomaru knows, aside from the incarnations he made when he was alive, there should be no more creatures with that beast's scent.”
 
“Could they somehow be descendants of you and Kagura?” asked Midoriko.
 
“This Sesshomaru had thought of that possibility, but they are not direct descendants…although they are, in a fashion, related.”
 
Aoimaru started to speak, but Sesshomaru interrupted. “And no, they are not direct descendants of Shippo and Kanna.” Sesshomaru took another sniff. “Hn. It is confirmed.”
 
All three children of InuYasha and Kagome looked at Sesshomaru.
 
“These creatures are, somehow, related to both Naraku and the undead miko.”
 
Midoriko was the first to speak. “Somehow I don't think mom will be pleased to hear that.”
 
 
******************
 
 
Nyoko found herself once again returning to consciousness, although her headache made her wish otherwise. “Where am I?” she tried to ask, although no words would come out. She could move her eyes a little, though, and her first impression was that she was sitting on the edge of a bed in somewhat the position of a gargoyle.
 
She also had to pee.
 
Badly.
 
“The girl looks desperate.”
 
Bengoshi looked at Seijika, and then the girl. For once, his brother appeared to be right. He removed the ward that kept the girl from speaking.
 
“Letmegomybladderisgoingtoburst!”
 
Bengoshi removed the remaining wards and watched as the girl hopped to her feet and danced in place.
 
“Bathroom! Where?”
 
Bengoshi pointed to a door and the girl bee-lined for it. Seconds later, a long “aaahhhhhhhhh” could be heard from behind the door.
 
Nyoko reemerged, walked to the bed and sat down. “You must release me so I can return to my mate.”
 
Seijika stepped up and slapped the girl. “How dare you! He is the son of one of those who killed our father!”
 
Bengoshi gave Seijika an evil look. “Forgive him, Nyoko. I am sure that you, of all people, can relate to the pain of losing a parent.”
 
“I…I guess I can.” Nyoko's eyes narrowed slightly. “Yet you have never explained what happened to mother.” Nyoko turned to her father. “What did happen to her?”
 
Onaraku mumbled something indistinct about Niagara Falls; then appeared to come to his senses. “Your mother?”
 
“Y-Yes. You never told me what happened to her.”
 
“It was that awful hanyou and his family! Because of them, your mother died…consumed by the ever-present need to keep InuYasha, his mate and all his evil family from taking over Japan!”
 
Nyoko shrank from her father. “They didn't seem evil to me!”
 
“It is true!” spat Seijika. “You want proof? Look up the holdings of Taisho Unlimited!” Seijika whispered conspiratorially. “Look into the history of that abomination. Look how it has, over hundreds of years, bought up just the right companies at just the right times!”
 
Onaraku belched and then took over from his brother. “That damned time-traveling miko used her knowledge of the future to advantage. Now they practically control Japan!”
 
“No! I don't believe you!” wailed Nyoko. “You must let me talk with Akamaru! Father. Please. You must let me talk with my mate!”
 
Bengoshi stepped forward. “But you do understand, now, that there is a question as to their true intentions. You do believe that we are only looking out for your best interests, don't you?”
 
Nyoko was worn out and worn down. “Oh, Uncle Bengoshi! I'm sure that you think you are looking out for me.”
 
Bengoshi smiled. “Then you understand that we may be right and we are only trying to save you and Japan from a terrible fate.”
 
“I…I suppose.”
 
“Good!” Bengoshi stepped forward and slapped a sutra on his niece's forehead. “Hold that thought!”
 
Onaraku looked at the now-unmoving girl. “What did you do to her?”
 
“Brothers, we have planted the seed of doubt. The ward I have placed on her has trapped her within her doubt…so that she may dwell upon it and it may grow.” Bengoshi smiled. “Relax, she can neither hear nor see us.”
 
Nyoko's eyes held abject fear as they darted around the room seeing nothing. What she did see was a living nightmare. Akamaru and his family were attacking, attempting to kill her and her precious baby.
 
She could not let them near her.
 
She had to protect her baby.
 
 
 
 
A/N: Will Bengoshi, Seijika and Onaraku succeed in brainwashing Nyoko into hating Akamaru and his family? Will Naraku be reborn? Will InuYasha and Kagome ever stop screwing like rabbits long enough to actually help? And what of the beast trapped under Mount Fuji? (I'm wavering on that one.)
 
Remember, this is a rewrite.
 
As always, please read and review. Thanks!