InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Famousville ❯ Little Ad ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Notes: A story to make up for all those days I had writer's block. Enjoy.

Notes about things in the story. (Read)
Mitsuki Kina: One of Kagome's enemies, according to the paparazzi. Kagome is 5 years younger than Mitsuki, which causes Mitsuki to eventually give up on the feud and make a new nice girl act.
George Eine: A photographer who will stop at nothing to get a good picture. He will go so far as to injure a celebrity to get a headline story.
Mitsune Kina: Mitsuki's younger sibling. Mitsune is no kinder than her big sis, and is very sneaky, a good girl to the public, a bad girl to Kagome.
Tokyo Links: A high class Hotel chain Inuyasha's father created. This hotel is troublesome to the Takahashi family, for it holds a secret that could destroy Inuyasha's image. Along with his family.
Sacred Shrine: Kagome's family shrine. Even though Kagome has no use for it, she tries to save it in hopes of saving a piece of her late grandfather.
Phone number: The last 8 numbers in the phone number from the ad actually spell out Inuyasha.
Note: I don't own The Fred Meyer name, or Gabu Nomi (Melon Japanese drink.) I'm not sure if there's a Fred Meyer in Japan but that was the only serve hot food place that came to mind. Sorry. (I'll research later.)

Kagome swept up the last pile of dust outside. Today had certain gloominess to it. The trees had no leaves and the birds had flown away to perhaps a more cheerful place. “That's the last of it.” She said wiping her forehead, which had trickles of sweat on it. Her mother had gone shopping, and her brother followed, wanting a new video game.
Kagome wiped small cobwebs off the ceiling and groaned in disgust. Little spiders were crawling on the rotted wood ceiling. She quickly ran to get bug spray, though she knew she wouldn't use it. A car engine was heard outside and Kagome ran to examine whom it was.
“Hey Kagome, wanna come and get a coke or something, we're all going to the mall.” Eri smiled and waved from the backseat. “No thanks, I have to clean the shrine.” The driver shrugged and turned the engine back on, then drove off. Kagome put the can of bug spray back on the counter and washed her hands to eat a quick snack. Unfortunately, the reason her mother had gone shopping was because there was barely any food left in the fridge.
A small light illuminated on the counter. Maybe the sun was finally returning in gloomyville. The small light quickly vanished. The small piece of sun covered with a gray cloud passing by. Kagome sighed and glanced at the fridge once more.
-
“I don't think this can ever be called a suitable, edible, snack.” Kagome said picking up an alien like object. Though she could've waited for her mother to return with brown paper bags full of delicious treats, her stomach growled in a way that told her she wouldn't survive that long. Leaving a note that told her mother and brother she was going to get something to eat, and wouldn't be long, Kagome headed out the door. Being sure that she locked it securely.
Mostly all the fast-food places had already closed. It was near 8 and stores that were still open would soon be closing anyway. Kagome exhaled a long breath, which came out in a burp/sigh.
In her town, it was boring. Very boring. So boring that most teenagers did nothing but go to the mall and talk about celebrities dating, or go to each other's homes and talk about celebrities dating. How desperately Kagome wished she had a computer, or at least a T.V. So she wouldn't have to bother noticing everything that was wrong with her little town.
The only store Kagome knew of that served food that was also open was a Fred Meyers. “What do you mean?” Kagome asked a bit annoyed. “The hot meal section has already closed.” Kagome nodded unwillingly to end the conversation and sat down in one of the tables. A magazine was already placed there so Kagome picked it up and started reading.
-
Kagome couldn't understand a reason to continue reading the magazine. So far all it did was tell her she was a workaholic, and that she needed beauty lessons. But, out of sheer curiosity, Kagome read on.
“3 great tips to snagging a friend's guy.”
Kagome stared unbelievingly. How could magazines teach someone how to betray a friend? She skipped that article and went on to the next one.
“Stories of girls like you.” Kagome raised an eyebrow. She skipped the article once finding out all it talked about was young girls experiencing love.
“Urggh..” She would've put down the magazine right then and there but something in the back of her mind back her search on. Suddenly a small ad on the last pages of the magazines caught her eye.
“Tired of an unexciting life? Want to experience something new? But even more so, want to be surrounded in luxurious dresses, classy parties and also 100,000 dollars? To find out how call this number now! 1-804-689-2742.
Kagome shrugged her shoulders and ripped out this little ad. She bought a bottle of Gabu Nomi of chugged it all down in one gulp.
-
“Oh there you are Kagome, since you said you were going out to eat, I didn't make a plate for you, is that ok?” Kagome smiled and nodded, then mumbled about her bad luck once out of sight.
Kagome held the phone in her hands and hesitated to dial the number. But soon her curiosity took over and the phone started dialing.
“Hello, and thank you for calling. Now before you hang up,” Kagome's hand went back down. “This isn't one of those spam calls. You called of your own free will. Now, if you tell us your name and job, along with age and number, we can enter you to win this prize.”
Kagome wasn't stupid. She was halfway through pressing the `end' button when a voice spoke. “Kagome Higurashi, no job but she's not a hobo, 18 and..mom what's Kagome's cell number? Ok, and 425-330-9280.” Kagome's hands turned into fists. Souta had been listening in on her calls!
“Souta, I'm gonna get you!” Kagome ran out of the room too late to hear the phone say, “Thank you for submitting. By doing this, you qualify to win 2 weeks with a celebrity by random. You will receive a call on the phone number given on whether you won or not on April 18, 2007 at 5:03pm."

Update prediction: I have no idea, but check. You never know.