InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Far Away Eye's Fairytales: A Drabble Collection ❯ K-I-S-S-I-N-G ( Chapter 15 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Title: K-I-S-S-I-N-G
Word Count: 250
Genre: Romance, Humor
Pairing: Inuyasha/Kagome
Rating: PG
Written for Week 91: Tree theme at iyfic_contest
 
“Hojo and Kagome sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G. First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes the baby in the baby carriage,” three female voices sang.
 
Inuyasha's brows furrowed. Weren't they Kagome's friends? Why would they sing such a song? Determined to find out, Inuyasha moved closer.
 
On arrival, he found that Kagome's back was to him. Before he could ask anything, Kagome said, “You know that didn't happen. We just shared lunch.”
 
Inuyasha frowned. Just what had she and Hojo done? What was he to her? Had they really kissed? He should have known she'd prefer a human to a hanyou. He was about to leave when she turned, staring at him with wide, surprised eyes.
 
“Inuyasha?”
 
Inuyasha crossed his arms, snorting. “So, you and this Hojo, what were you doing in a tree?”
 
The three girls blushed, quickly excusing themselves. Inuyasha tapped his foot, waiting impatiently.
 
“Nothing.”
 
“I'm not stupid. They said you kissed him.”
 
Kagome stared at him blankly, then laughed. “Oh, Inuyasha.”
 
“Well?”
 
“We had lunch and he helped me with math homework. That's all.”
 
“Then why---”
 
“They were teasing. They know by now that I'm not interested in Hojo.”
 
“You're not?”
 
“No.” Kagome smiled, taking his hand. “I'm not.”
 
“Kagome---”
 
She dragged him towards the park, stopping under a tree. Kagome looked up into its branches, giving his hand a small squeeze. “Shall we?”
 
“What?”
 
“Inuyasha and Kagome sitting in a tree---,” Kagome sang softly.
 
Inuyasha blinked. “Oh---why didn't you just say so, wench.”