InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Far Away Eye's Fairytales: A Drabble Collection ❯ The Beginning of the End ( Chapter 23 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Title: The Beginning of the End
Author: Far Away Eyes
Word Count: 250
Genre: Drama, Angst
Rating: PG
Summary: A young Inuyasha experiences cruelty at the hands of the village children. Just what will he do about it?
 
Inuyasha bit back tears, dribbling his ball. He could hear the village children's laughter. They played another game, forbidden to him. He didn't want to be ridiculed again---or called that name that made his mother cry. However, Inuyasha found their joyous sounds irresistible. Creeping out of the shadow of the hut he shared with his mother, Inuyasha watched them toss a new ball around. This time, he'd settle for watching from a distance. Ducking close to another hut, Inuyasha hid from view. Unfortunately, one boy spotted him, and pointed.
 
The other children stopped playing, and huddled together, whispering. Inuyasha could hear them call him that awful name again. He bit his lip, fighting a whimper. The boy that had spotted him whistled shrilly, making Inuyasha's ears flatten. Next, the mob of village children descended upon him. They threw rocks, hollered, and barked like dogs. Inuyasha turned, fleeing back home. He'd only wanted to watch. He couldn't even do that.
 
Once home, Inuyasha flattened himself against the side of the hut, hiding. The children stopped nearby, still barking and taunting. Inuyasha could remain a bystander while they teased, or he could stand up and fight. He growled softly, unwilling to let them upset his mother. Inuyasha crawled out, facing them. They pelted him with rocks, but Inuyasha stood firm. He was tough. He wasn't weak like humans. Baring his fangs, Inuyasha growled. The children stopped, frozen in fear. They dropped their rocks, running away. Finally, he had found a weapon.