InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Far Away Eye's Fairytales: A Drabble Collection ❯ Coming of Age ( Chapter 30 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Title: Coming of Age
Author: Far Away Eyes
Word Count: 250
Genre: Drama
Rating: G
Characters: Sesshomaru, Inu no Tashio
Summary: Sesshomaru has finally come of age.
Written for iyfic_contest Week 101: Century
 
The day had finally arrived. Sesshomaru had waited for it for so long. Today, he turned one hundred. Today, he came of age. Sesshomaru waited in anticipation of the ceremony where he would be presented as an adult.
 
An attendant dressed Sesshomaru in his ceremonial kimono. It was dark with a large family crest embroidered on the back. The kimono had been passed on through the generations. Throughout the ages, the heirs of the Inu no Tashios had worn it upon reaching maturity. Now Sesshomaru wore it proudly.
 
Sesshomaru tugged on the forelocks hanging by his face. They would be shorn away, another symbol of his new status. As much as he looked forward to it, he anticipated getting his armor more. Along with that came a pelt marking his nobility. There had only been a small crest on his boyhood kimono to signify his position.
 
“It is time, my son.”
 
Sesshomaru followed his father to the great hall. Once they were seated, the ceremony began. First there was a tea ceremony. Sesshomaru grew impatient, waiting for them to finish. His father clapped, ushering in the attendants. They sheared his forelocks first. Another attendant brought his armor and pelt. The moment had arrived.
 
Sesshomaru stood. He felt them tether the breast plate to his chest, and the soft white fur settle on his right shoulder. They backed away, and his father approached. The Inu no Tashio bowed, and Sesshomaru returned it. His father smiled, and whispered, “Welcome to adulthood, Sesshomaru.”