InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Fate ❯ Near death ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

All around was darkness, a deafeningly quiet void, a weightless numb place. If this was what it was to die Kagome knew she never wanted to do it again, but at least now the world would be rid of her. He friends would no longer have to carry her, metaphorically, on their backs. They could be free from her burdening self. Inuyasha could be free, free from her command, free of her mistakes, free of her love. If it was the last thing she did, it was worth it to let the half-demon know freedom.

 

Kaede collapsed, as Inuyasha waited. Kagome was still not healed fully, but enough to keep her in this world. Inuyasha took Kaede to her pallet and laid her down; the miko had worked long and hard to heal his Kagome. She deserved the rest. The Hanyou was forever indebted to the old woman for saving his most treasured possession. After assuring himself that Kaede would be alright he moved back to the slip of a girl who had made his life both a living hell and a euphoric heaven. A hell because he had to deny her, and a heaven because she did not deny him.

 

Sango had tumbled into and exhausted sleep and as much as Miroku detested having to let her go he had a duty he had to perform and so after many hours he had cleared the battlefield of the bodies. Sending each soul off to find peace in the afterlife, or be reincarnated. Thoroughly tired and filthy the monk all but collapsed next to the almost catatonic demon slayer. With his last ounce of strength he pulled her body close to his and fell into a deep sleep.

 

The platinum silver strands of his hair blew in the breeze as the wind-demoness stared at him. He was walking away and she could think of nothing that would make him stay. For once she was out of ideas and it scared the shit out of her.

 

 

Crazy short but its better than nothing ne?