InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Father's Favorite ❯ Training Day ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
I appologize greatly for the long wait. Been a little busy with school work and things (damn I can't wait 'till I graduate next year, whoo-hoo!). But then again, I still want to go to college, so I'll still have school work then (damn!). Anyways, I hope you like this chapter. Muse is being a bit sloppy, but still I had to have something for my precious readers to read, and I hope this will tie you off till the better stuff comes along. Oh, and before I forget, there's a bit of very strong language in this chapter. You know what I mean, words that exceed the usual cuss words. Just thought that I'd give ya'll a heads up. As always, enjoy (or I'll kill you!). Just kidding, nobody go and sue me!

Training Day
(Isn't that a movie? If so, don't own!)

As Inuyasha sat at the breakfast table the next morning, he was mesmerized by the way that his father was chewing his food. His mouth was wide open and he was trying to talk with it full. "You see Inuyasha, you should start training--mm, damn Izayoi this is good! Now you see, for your brother, it's too late. He's skinny and all mal-nutritioned looking. Oh, god this bacon is to die for! But you, you have a chance--" He stopped to wipe his face across his forearm, bits of bacon, sausage, and eggs being left behind. Inuyasha made a face.

He's too damn old to be doing that. If I wanted to see food, I'dve eaten some shrimp. His father continued talking, spearing a peice of toast with another piece of sausage and shoved them barbarically in his mouth. "What you should do--Izayoi, I think this is the best thing you've ever cooked--is go fight with the other boys around here. Maybe use your older brother as a warm up, considering his stature. Damn! This food so good, make you wanna slap yo mate. Come 'ere Izayoi!" But the woman stayed by the stove, not because she thought that he was going to hit her, no she knew he'd never do that, but because she was too lazy to walk over there.

Inuyasha left the table in a hurry. Going to his room, he dug Tetsusaiga out from under the many pillows on his bed where he kept it hidden. As he walked back down the hall, he ran into Sesshomaru. "If we fight each other, you're dead meat. You hear me? Finished! You'll be sleeping with the fishes. Well, actually, do fishes even sleep? And do they even eat meat? I mean, I know some do, like piranaha's but besides them, I don't think fish do. Well, there's also sharks. What about killer whales? Or do they eat things like plankton and alge? Or maybe--" "Alright, I get the picture!" Inuyasha cut in. "I'll be dead, got it. But How do you know that I won't beat you? I did cut your arm off." Sesshomaru gasped. "Ah! I thought you promised that you'd never speak of that again! It was just a fluke! Besides, I'm still good with my other arm." "Oh, is that so? Can you tie a shoe? Make your own bed? Wipe your own ass without losing your balance on the pot?" "Shut up! Just shut the hell up!" And he walked off furiously in the opposite direction.

So training with him was out the question. All the better. When Inuyasha got out to the dojo, his father was there waiting for him. He seemed to be talking to someone...though no one was there. "Yes, yes, I know. What? Look, it'll be okay. Shh shh, don't cry. Well, um, I don't know-- Oh, Inuyasha!" Turning back to whatever he was talking to, he said. "I'm gonna have to cut this short and get back to you later." He walked over to Inuyasha and bowed.

"Yeah, bow to me infedel since one day when you kick the bucket for the second time, this entire kingdom will be mine. And I'll dec it all out in bright colors and flowers and have signs like "Peace, Love and Happiness" all over the place so when people walk by they'll think "Hey, that half-breed isn't so bad after-all" and then we'll all get together around a campfire and tell stories about getting high while getting high." Inutaisho stared at his son for a moment then said, "Um, yeah. I tried that in my sophmore year of high school, didn't quite work out. When my dad found out my plans, he called me everything but a spawn of Satan and sent me to the army, didn't matter to him that I was only fifteen. And here I am, the man I hope you love today!

A/N: You know when someone is perhaps badly cussed out by someone and that person says that the other person called them everything but a child of God? Of course, if you're a demon, I doubt there's any godliness in you, so I said "everything but a spawn of Satan." There's another note about this I want to add, but not until the end of the chapter, so keep reading!

Inutaisho continued. "I bowed because that's what you do when you're about to fight someone." "Why? I'd just chop their head off since they're offering it." "It's to show...class, yeah, class. See, if you don't bow and there's people watching and see that you didn't, you'll never get into the yacht club. I learned that the hard way," Inutaisho said in a degrading voice. Cheering up immediatly, though, he said, "But I'm gonna teach you everything I know about Tetsusaiga! Maybe then they'll allow even you in the club. One day you're gonna make me proud that I stayed around while Izayoi was pregnant with you rather than running off with her much finer sister! Okay, let's get started!

Inuyasha lifted the sword into a fighting position. "Alright, now what do you want me to do?" He asked his father, who had been behind him. No one answered. "Father? Dad!" Inutaisho was again over by the far wall of the room and talking to someone. Inuyasha put Tetsusaiga over his shoulder and walked over to him. First thing he noticed was a shaded sword case, the light from outside not reaching the shelves. Inutaisho hadn't bothered to install electricity in there. "Dad, really, quit talking to yourself. People are going to start wondering. Hell, I've started wondering!" But his dad was engrossed with listening to whatever held his attention.

Suddenly, he jumped up and screamed, "That's outrageous!" "What dad, what?!" "I didn't get these shoes from Payless. I got them from Wal-Mart. They were having a sale. Oh, what was that Sounga? Oh, you're one to talk! You don't even wear shoes!" Inuyasha slumped his shoulders. Maybe now I understand why Sesshomaru hated this guy so much. What kind of nut talks to his swords?! "Um, look Father. I know that Sounga can talk, I've experienced that first hand and almost killed that damn kitsune with it (wish I had've. If he puts mushrooms in my bed one more time, he'll be my door mat). But I think there's more productive ways that a full grown man can be spending his time rather than talking to his swords, okay?

Inutaisho nodded, then waved good-bye to Sounga. "And don't worry, I'll polish you everyday from here on out. I promise!" They left the dojo and went outside. "Sorry you had to see that Inuyasha. It's just that--" Here he gave a heavy sigh-- "I havn't paid him much attention. You came home and that's all that I was concerned about, was you. But now, Sounga wants me to spend more time with him and I just can't do it! Everybody wants time with Inutaisho but there's only one me! Just leave me the hell alone!" He was about to get up and storm back into the palace but Inuyasha grabbed his arm.

"Dad, what the fuck is wrong with you?!" "Oh, sorry, I get like that sometimes. Nothing to worry about, just need to take my Prozac ( I believe this is ment for depressions), that's all." They started up the training again. "Okay, so what you'll want to do is show me a powerful swing. No, I said powerful. Damnit Inuyasha, quit swinging like a bitch and give me a strong right cut!" Miroku, Sango and Kagome happened to be walking by and stopped to watch the chewing.

"Keep your fuckin' elbows in, yeah, there we go! Now, put your whole body into the swing, not just your torso! There--no! Boy, hold that sword right! Where the hell did you learn how to fight?" "Mother taught me a few things. She said that you and her used to go off and fight demons together." "Well, your mother made for a sorry partner. Everytime things got too deep, she'd leave me deserted, talkin' about "My feet hurt" or "I gotta tinkle." We're in the middle of an epic battle here! Piss right here, ain't like she don't be using the bathroom with the door open at home!" Inuyasha scrunched his face up and acted like he hadn't heard that.

His father called over Miroku. "Um, me, Lord Inutaisho?" He asked, shocked that he'd actually seen him and had spoken to him. He hadn't during the entire stay. "Uh, yeah you! Come here, maybe having someone that Inuyasha knows better will help him. Shame that he knows you more than his own father but that's the way the cookie crumbles."

Miroku was placed in front of Inuyasha. "There," Inutaisho said. "Now, Inuyasha, attack him. Go on, you two fight together so he should be able to dodge it." Inuyasha raised Tetsusaiga and rushed at the monk. "Addamant Barra---" Before he could finish, Miroku had ripped away the beads on his hand and--" Wind Tunnel!" The entire attack was swallowed up into the dark abyss. And the sword. Inuyasha's right arm was dragged in too, but Miroku closed it before anymore of him could go in.

"Noooooooo! My beloved!" Sango screamed and ran to him. "You're ruined! You're ugly now! But wait! Two men for the price of one! Perhaps this is what Akitoki would call "A fortunate misfortune!" Kagome did a perfect example of Inuyasha by huffing and crossing her arms, turning her head away from them. "Yeah, Sango, think that all you want. But even though he's attached to Miroku, he'll drag him along to go see Kikyou again. Hell, the damn monk will go willingly enough anyways. It doesn't matter that he's stuck to Inuyasha, it's all more pussy for him."

Everyone stared at her with wide eyes. "Kagome Shitashi Mayomi Higurashi the second! How could you say that!" Sango asked. How the hell she knows her whole generation's last names is a mystery. "It's the truth. Look at him." Miroku was talking to himself with his eyes closed, a smile on his face. "Ah, Lady Kikyou! Oh, it's okay, we can invite Tsubaki too. The more the merrier!"

Sango looked at him, the turned away with a disgusted face. "Kirara, sick 'em." Kirara tackled Miroku/Inuyasha and started ripping into him. "Wait, Sango honey! Sugar buns! I promise I won't make fun of you anymore when you try to drop it like it's hot cause you ain't got nothing! Sango come back!" But the demon slayer kept walking, leaving the cat to maul both him and the half-demon.



Okay, a sudden stop! Do Miroku and Inuyasha get unstuck? Will Inutaisho dump Sounga for Tetsusaiga? Will I ever brush my teeth?! Find out on the next exciting episode of....Tales of Interest! Okay, enough of that! Oh, I had wanted to elaborate about the first author note I put in here. Well, actually, it's a bit off topic to what Inutaisho was saying. But what really amazes me about this show (the real version!) is that when you usually mention demons, people think of creatures from hell. But to give demons--nice?-- personalities, well, that's pretty different. Not only that, but the main character is based off of man's best friend, a dog. Cute! See, someone had told me that I don't care about Rumiko Takahashi's characters since I write them out of character (ooc). But I just gave her her props! Okay, enough of that. Please, pretty please with brown sugar and spice and everything that has to do with guacamole on it, review! (What the fuck is guacamole?!)