InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Father's Favorite ❯ Dueling Demons ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
So, I decided that I'd update two chapters since it's been so long. Hurray! Oh what, you guys arn't happy that I did that? Nobody appreciates the nice things I do! Well fine! Maybe I won't say where I got that old woman's magical words from in the last chapter! Okay, that would be a really wrong thing to do, even if it's not really important. But I promised, so here it is. Now, don't laugh, but I got it from Teen Titans (waiting to hear laughter. Does any come?) Ooooh 'kay then. So, I'm not sure how that all went down. The character Raven on there always is saying "azarath metrion synthose" though what the hell it means and it's true purpose is beyond me. And no, I don't still watch it! I'm seventeen, how would that look?! But in my younger teen years I didn't mind watching it. Okay, enough of my and my old cartoon watchin' ass! Go ahead and read the chapter!

Dueling Demons

The day was still young and the sky was clear. Such weather put Sesshomaru in a really good mood, not caring if he would spend the rest of his days watching Oprah like a hopeless mid-thirty year old hanging on every word that came out of her mouth as though it were an audio Bible. Something in the young man's spirit possessed him to do something that he'd never done before, something that was so beyond the normal Sesshomaru, that if anyone was there, they would look at him and say "I've never knew you could do that before," and that'd be the end of it. But still, it was a very interesting thing for him to do! For the first time ever, our precious lord and sav--okay, I can't say that without risking being struck by lightning, but the former Lord Sesshomaru sang. And not just any song, some old Brittany Spears song.

"I'm not a girl, not yet a woman. All I need is time, a moment that is mine, while I'm inbetween. I'm not a girl..." "Nice to know that," a cocky voice said from somewhere in the bushes. Kouga stepped out. "Now, Lord, I mean, Prince Sesshomaru. There's something that I've wanted to do for a long time. And now that you're alone, I can do it cause there's no one here to stop me. And, also since you have no back up, you can't refuse or resist it. Prince Sesshomaru, I challenge you to a duel!" Sesshomaru gasped, grabbing his chest and backing up. "No! I--this--this is so sudden!" But he straightned up, regaining his composure. "Fine. Let's do this."

Kouga reached into his fur pelt and pulled a deck of Yu-Gi-Oh! cards out. Sesshomaru made a horrific expression. "Ugh! Where the hell did you get that?! You don't wear any underwear so where'd you store it? You know what, I don't think I wanna know." He reached into his kimono sleeve and pulled out a deck of cards as well.

They shuffled for a while, then sat down on the ground. Kouga pulled a folded peice of paper out from somewhere that was the set-up mat for the game (I'm not sure if the Yu-Gi-Oh! cards have that. I remember that Pokemon cards did.). Finally, they set their cards down and drew the amount needed. "Me or you first?" Kouga asked. Sesshomaru shrugged and pulled out a coin. Flipping it, in mid air he caught it, then flipped it over on the back of his hand. Without raising his other hand, he asked "Oh, I forgot. Heads or tails?" Kouga shrugged also. "Um...tails." Sesshomaru uncovered the coin. "Tails it is!" The wolf laid his active card face down, then sat back and said, "Your go."

They played back in forth for awhile, neither really attacking. Finally, Kouga drew a card, his face brightening. "Ha! Now you're finished! I play Gaia, the fierce knight! With over 2000 attack points, he's sure to cause devastation!" Sesshomaru looked shocked. Oh no! How can I defeat that! Then suddenly, some one started speaking to him. Sesshomaru, use the heart of the cards. He looked around. "Who the hell said that?" It is I, that other person that's always with you but never speaks to you until you really need me. You know, the guy you created when you were five years old but just "convienently" forgot about? How about looking at what's around your neck right now? Sesshomaru looked down and saw a huge gold pyramid with an eye in the center on his neck. "Damn, didn't know I got down like that!" Yeah, whatever. Anyways, you have to use the heart of the cards to defeat his monster. You can do it, just believe in the cards.

"What kind of half baked ass idea is that? Use the heart of the cards! They're not real living things you know!" Sesshomaru drew a card. It was a wierd arm looking thing with a chain around it. He had about four other cards like that, each a different part of a body. "Man, I quit! All I'm getting is spare parts." NO! The voice shouted. Don't you realize what you're holding? "Uh, no." Sesshomaru scoffed. The voice sounded excited. You hold the entire form of Exodia! He's the strongest monster in the Duel Monsters game! "And I'm supposed to care...why?" The voice now sounded exasperated. "Well you can beat Kouga, duh! Now play it you dumb ass!

Sesshomaru gave his own sigh, but arranged the cards on the field in the order that they seemed they should go. When all was finished, he had assembled a large beastly looking creature with chains all around it. For some reason, he felt really charged. Out of nowhere, he shouted, "I play the mighty Exodia with 3000 hit points! Exodia, obliterate!" Of course nothing really happened. Sesshomaru picked up Kouga's monsters and placed them in the discard pile. Kouga was drained entirely of his life points; the dog demon had won. As soon as that last blow was delivered, the gold pyramid disappeared. "You know, you could have let me keep that. Put a platnium chain on it and I would've really been iced out! But...I guess it just wasn't ment to be."
They stood up and shook hands. "Good game, play ya next Tuesday?" Kouga asked. "I'll have to check my schedule, but if I have nothing planned, yeah we'll duel again." They bowed respectfully at each other, then continued on their ways. "Well, that was fun," Sesshomaru muttered, a smile gracing his face. He continued to sing Brittany Spears songs, but this time it was "Lucky".


Completly senseless, I know. But the idea was there and I had to use it! Now I bet everyone is wondering why I based an entire chapter off of a dueling card game/show. Yes, another cartoon I used to watch! And the voice that Sesshomaru was hearing was equal to Yugi's little conscious like guy who says locked up in the pyramid around his neck (it's called the millennium item puzzle. Don't ask.). I shouldn't know all of this and if anyone's clueless, it's okay. This chapter has nothing to do with the real story. Just a random piece for humor's sake. Still, feel free to review!