InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Fight For Your Honor ❯ Fight For Your Honor ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]
“Fight For Your Honor”
By: New Found Glory



Tonight it’s very clear.
As we’re both lying here.
There’s so many thing’s I wanna say.
I will always love you.
I will never leave you alone.


Inuyasha looked over at the sleeping girl beside him, currently using his shoulder as a pillow. They’d left the others back at camp, and found a low hill. They’d laid down and just gazed up at the millions of stars that blanketed the night sky. Kagome loved star gazing, as she put it. She’d look up at the twinkling lights and in a wistful voice, she’d tell him about her time. How even on a clear night, the stars never shone so bright as they did here. Inuyasha prayed for clear nights, just so he could have these moments with her. He reached out a hand and smoothed away the bangs from her forehead. He traced a finger from her temple, across her cheek, and down to the small point of her chin. Not for the first time, he stared at her face, glowing in the moonlight, and whispered how much he loved her. Swore that he would always protect to. And not for the first time, she didn’t hear a word he said.


Sometimes I just forget.
Say things I might regret.
It breaks my heart to see you crying.
I don’t wanna lose you.
I could never make it alone.


“Oi! Wench, what the hell do ya think you’re doin’?” Kagome yelped and turned away from the well. Inuyasha was standing behind her with a look that could only be described as royally pissed off.

“Inuyasha I told you, I have tests. I’ll only be gone for a few days.”

“Damnit Kagome, no! I already told ya, you ain’t goin’ and that’s final.”

Kagome glared at him for a moment and with an irritated huff, she threw both her legs over the rim of the well. With her back turned to him, she sat on the rim and blinked back angry tears.

“You don’t own me Inuyasha. I’m going.”

“But we can’t look for jewel shards while you’re-”

“SIT!” The beads around his neck glowed pink. The sudden weight on his neck caught him off guard and pulled him down instantly, crushing his body against the not so soft ground below.

OOMPH…gone.”

By the time Inuyasha was able to pry his face away from the hard ground, Kagome had already disappeared down the well and into her own time. He shook his head, grimacing as bits of dirt and leaves flew out of his hair, and walked over to the well. Peering over the side, he thought about going after her. But apart from physically hauling her ass back down the well, he knew he wouldn’t be able to convince her to go back with him.

Damnit, he hated when she went off like that. He hated having to constantly worry when, or if she came back. He knew she would never purposely just not come back, but anything could happen to her, and he wouldn’t know about it until it was too late to help her. Inuyasha didn’t know what he’d do if she never came back. He didn’t want to think about what kind of affect losing her would have on him.


‘Coz I am a man who will fight for your honor.
I’ll be the hero that you’re dreaming of.
Gonna live forever knowing together.
That we did it all for the glory of love.


You keep me standing tall.You’ll help me through it all.I’m always strong when you’re beside me.I have always needed you.I could never make it alone.


“Inuyasha, behind you!” Inuyasha turned at Kagome’s warning just in time to see the scorpion yukai fire off another attack.

Too late. The blast caught Inuyasha in the chest and sent him flying across the field. Kagome stared in horror as the hanyou lay in a heap on his side. She ran towards him, praying that he was alright. She fell to her knees beside him and let out a sigh of relief when she saw his chest rise and fall.

“Inuyasha, get up. Don’t let this guy beat you, Inuyasha.”

Inuyasha opened his eyes slowly. His vision blurred for a second and he blinked his eyes into focus. He looked up to find a teary eyed Kagome kneeling over him, and when he tried to sit up, his entire torso exploded into flames of pain. That yukai’s blast had caught him good; it hurt to even breath. Kagome laid her hand on his shoulder and squeezed it reassuringly.

“You can do this Inuyasha. You can beat this guy, I know you can.”

Well hell, if Kagome believed in him, who was he to tell her otherwise? Gritting his teeth, he reached for Tessaiga.

“Keh. Stupid girl, of course I can.” Using Tessaiga as leverage, he pulled himself to his feet. He swayed dangerously, and probably would have fallen if Kagome had not grabbed his waist. He was breathing heavily, but he managed to regain his balance and stand on his own. Kagome was right beside him as he brandished Tessaiga at the yukai who was now opening laughing at them.

“Laugh it up bastard! Heh. ‘Cuz you ain’t gonna be laughin’ for long.” He looked down at Kagome and she knowingly backed away a few feet. Inuyasha widened his stance and smirked as he brought the pulsing Tessaiga up over his head.

WIND SCAR!


‘Coz I am a man who will fight for your honor.
I’ll be the hero that you’re dreaming of.
Gonna live forever knowing together.
That we did it all for the glory of love.


It’s like a knight in shining armor.
From a long time ago.
Just in time to save the day.
Take you to my castle far away.



“How do I get myself into these situations?” All she’d wanted was an apple. Okay, so it was a really big, amazingly red apple, but it was only an apple. She didn’t deserve to die because of an apple. Right?

Her fingers slipped and Kagome couldn’t help the frightened scream that burst from her lips. She looked down at the rushing water below and almost lost her lunch. Here she was, hanging by her fingers from a tree branch, about to plummet to her death into a raging river; and why? Because she just had to have that apple.

“I am such an idiot.”

“You got that right wench.” Kagome almost laughed when she saw Inuyasha standing on the branch above her. How he got there, she didn’t know. Why he was there, she didn’t know. She was just grateful the stubborn man was there in the first place.

“Inuya-Aaahhh!!” Her fingers slipped and she tried to catch the branch again, but her hands only closed over open air. She felt herself falling and she screwed her eyes shut. The air was knocked from her lungs as she landed against something hard. I’m dead. I’m dead. I’m dead. I’m…wait. Water isn’t solid…She cracked one eye open and could have cried. She was on the bank of the river, underneath the apple tree, with Inuyasha’s arms wrapped around her back. She flung her arms around his neck and laughed.

“You saved me.” Inuyasha blushed slightly and set her down on her feet.

“Keh. Not like it’s the first time.” Kagome just smiled and laced her arm through his as they set off towards the village. After a few moments of silence, Kagome tugged on Inuyasha’s sleeve, making him look down. Kagome smiled teasingly.

“You really are my knight in shining armor, Inuyasha” Inuyasha scowled and flicked his ears.

“Keh. …What’s a knight in shining armor?” Kagome only giggled and shook her head as she rested it against his shoulder. They walked like that the rest of the way to Kaede’s village.


I am the man who will fight for your honor.
I’ll be the hero that you’re dreaming of.
Gonna live forever knowing together.
That we did it all for the glory of love.




A/N: My first song-fic. I think it turned out rather good actually. Ya’ll gimme some feedback on this one.