InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Fire coloured leaves ❯ Fire coloured leaves ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Fire Coloured Leaves
 
 
The sun slowly and tirelessly began hiding between the mountains in the horizon, letting the moon guard the coming night. The orange light illuminated a small road, surrounded by green fields. A forest was nearby, and one could see a small house where the sun was setting.
 
A figure strode along the path. A big, strong black stallion walked on the path, and a woman rode it. She was dressed in fine clothes, her black long hair tied up in a loose ponytail in the Japanese style. The woman had awkward yet beautiful eyes, for one was a shiny gold-amber, the other a stormy blue, marble skin, and two white dog ears crowning her head. A strange looking bird was perched on her shoulder, observing its surrounding with expert eyes.
 
Her eyes held coldness, strength, for she had lived and seen unimaginable things. She was a solitary soul, her only companions a horse and a bird youkai. She also had two distant friends, a wolf youkai and a human. Nothing more, for her little living family wasn't there for her. It was better like this, she thought. No love, no lost. No pain.
 
Suddenly, her ear twitched in the direction of the opening in the road ahead of her, at the same time as her horse.
`'You heard that too, Raku? Seems like problems. Taraku, go ahead and see. If need be, attack'' she ordered, and the bird flew away. She broke into a canter, watching the grey, black and white coloured bird fly away.
 
She reached the small opening on the road, where a dark forest stood at the left edge. This side of the country was new to her; she had been travelling for a month now, and was returning home from her journey. She had been travelling alone, with the only company of her horse and the loyal Taraku, who she had found ill and cured him, and the youkai hadn't left her ever since. But, again, her search for something she didn't even know had failed.
 
Ahead off her, there were a group of men, soldiers by the looks of them. They were laughing and beating a young man that was on the floor in the middle of the circle, who the woman could barely see. She skidded to a stop, and the men looked up at her with dangerous hungry eyes.
`'Well look here. You're a piece of cake, aren't you? Wanna have some fun with us?'' one of them said, to the woman's disgust. In anger, she unsheathed her sword, and had it pointed to his chin. The sword had been her mother's, Jato.
`'Do you know who I am, fools? Lord Sesshoumaru is my uncle'' she said. The men opened their mouths to try and apologize, realizing the grave mistake they had done, but before they could even mutter a sound, a cry was heard, and as the men looked up at Taraku, soon their dead bodies fell to the floor, deprived of their heads.
 
The man looked at her as she cleaned the blood from her sword and put it back in its sheath. Taraku landed on the floor next to the man, who backed away. She dismounted, and kneeled next to him.
 
He had intense green eyes, which contrasted a lot with his grey hair, that wasn't silver but wasn't too grey. On the top of his head, two dark grey ears replaced human ones. She realized he was an Inu-hanyou, just like her. She now understood why they were beating him up; hanyous were not well greeted in this intoxicating society. What would they have done to her, if she hadn't been from royalty?
`'Are you alright?'' she asked him, but he only backed away.
`'Don't...don't take me to him...I'll kill you if you do...'' he said, making the woman flinch.
`'Don't worry, I won't take you to him. Do you have any family I can take you with?'' she asked him, ignoring his rudeness.
`'No....they were all murdered in front of my eyes when I was six.....the old emperor assassinated them. And why would you care anyways!'' he said. She restrained to tell him she was of that emperor's blood...
`'Well, I can't leave you here. I live only two days from here, so I can always take you to my home, treat your wounds, give you food and if you want to have a decent life I can always give you some money'' The woman said with kind eyes. She couldn't help the need to aid him. He was like her.
``Why should I trust you?!'' he yelled at her, and tried to run away, but fell to the floor, his wounds bleeding terribly. When the woman kneeled by his side, he was unconscious.
`'Taraku, go home and warn Kouga about my arrival. Tell him I'm bringing him, and also tell Kahei to come'' she ordered, and the bird once again flew off.
 
OoOoOoOoOoOo
 
The ride back home was tiring. We stopped two times a day, one at midday and one at night. The man I was carrying, who I didn't know his name yet, did not regain consciousness. At night I would place him under a tree, taking care of his wounds, although they were healing themselves already. His chest was full of scars, and it hurt to think how much he would have suffered. My mind wandered back to my parents. I missed them so much. It seemed so unfair we had so little time together. I remember how much I had cried the day Kahei had given me the diary...and now this stranger, who looked a bit like my father...I would always remember I used to pull at his bangs...
 
I urged Raku into a canter, as in almost half an hour I would reach my house, and as I had predicted, in half an hour I could see my home, with the field of yellow flowers, the shimmering lake between the mountains, and the horses grazing peacefully. I couldn't help but smile as I saw the sakura tree, its pink petals floating around. When we finally reached the house, we both dismounted, and Shun and a few other horses came to greet me. I dismounted, and took the man carefully down, and carrying him in my strong arms, I went into my house, and set him on the living room. I went outside again, and took off Raku's garments so that he could go to the field, and left them in the stable. When I came back in, the man was as I had left him. Forgetting about myself and how tired I was, I ran around the house gathering clothes and bandages. I then took him to the bathroom, and undressed him leaving only his underwear on. I knew it was stupid to feel so embarrassed, but he needed help. I washed him how I could and bandaged his wounds, and then put on him one of my father's haoris, a blue one, for if I put on one of the many red ones he had had, I would have probably broken down. I then carried the man to the living room again, and placed him on a futon, covering him with sheets. Then I washed myself and slipped into one of my mother's black kimonos. I sighed, and went back into the living room, gripping my sword, Jato. I leaned on the wall in front of him after setting a small fire, even though it was spring, but the night was still cold enough. I closed my eyes, and drifted on to sleep.
 
OoOoOoOoOoOo
 
I slowly woke up, feeling a little pain, but I ignored it, being used to it. I felt soft, warm and...safe. Something was definitely wrong. I got up, and found myself in a futon covered by blankets. I was next to a chimney, with a dying fire, and then, sitting across me, I saw the woman who had saved me. I couldn't deny that she didn't look beautiful, her marble skin illuminated by the dying ambers. Her ears, which were like mine, only white, twitched in my direction. She was holding her sword, and was sitting in an Indian position, her legs crossed. She opened her eyes, and I was amazed by them, one was a stormy blue, the other an amber gold.
`'How are you feeling?'' she asked me in a soft voice. I just snorted. I had never trusted anyone in my life; she had kidnapped me and who knows what she was planning to do with me.
`'Talk about being grateful...'' she said, and got up and left. I just stared after her, and for the first time in my life, I felt guilty. Guilty for offending this woman, this stranger. Then she came back, and set a small tray with food in front of me, and sat in her place, with the same position.
I looked at the food. I hesitated; I hadn't eaten in so long, it seemed unreal. And what if it was poison?
`'If you're worrying if its poisoned or something, just ask yourself why I've gone through the trouble of saving you and bringing you here just to kill you when I could have done it then, if I wanted to'' she said, apparently mad. I grabbed one of the fishes, and began eating, as her stone gaze fell upon me. I observed her discretely, and she didn't seem to notice. The first thing I thought was that she was gorgeous. She had long, black hair, curled in the end, somewhat wavy. Her silvery white dog ears looked soft, and, for some reason, I wanted to feel her skin under my hands. She looked so soft...and the most surprisingly and beautiful aspect of her was her eyes. I had never seen such beauty. But that didn't mean I could trust her. I couldn't trust anybody.
 
When I finished eating, she took the tray away, and after a little while, she returned to the living room. For some reason, her expression told me that she was practically at the verge of crying. I began to worry, did I do something to upset her?
`'You might as well bathe, I left some clothes for you in the bathroom, it's at the end of the hall. I'm going to get some sleep, you just stay around or you can go down to the field with the horses. And if you see a tornado coming, it's only Koga, he's my wolf demon friend. Just wake me up before he tries to kill you, he's very protective over me'' she said, and I swallowed hard. Crazy friends she had. I nodded, and headed towards the bathroom. When I went out fifteen minuets later, wearing a dark green haori, I heard her sobbing silently in what I supposed was her room. I wanted to go in and try to comfort her, but I didn't. She was a stranger, and her problems weren't mine. But, for some reason, she made me feel guilty, my emotions uncontrolled.
 
And I didn't like that.
 
OoOoOoOoOoOo
 
I slowly woke up, feeling someone shaking my arm. I frowned, not understanding. Since when did someone wake me up? I opened my eyes, and I found my guest looming over me, staring at me with his beautiful green eyes.
`'What?'' I asked him as I yawned and sat up.
`'Your friend the assassin wolf is here'' he said. I saw he had a small cut on his shoulder, and I frowned deeper. Damn Koga couldn't hold still.
`'Sorry about that'' I said, getting up. He only shrugged his shoulders, and I went into the bathroom.
 
Twenty minutes later, I was on the field walking with Koga at my side, wearing one of my mother's kimonos, the white one with the sakura tree. My guest had stayed home, eating breakfast.
`'Why did you bring him, Akame? You can see clearly he doesn't like you'' Koga said with a growl. He was very protective over me. He loved me dearly, although in a different way in which he had loved my mother. He also felt as his obligation to take care of me, as a repayment to Kagome. He sighed.
`'Well, he was terribly wounded and had nowhere to go, what did you expect, for me to leave him there, half-dying?'' I said, rather annoyed.
`'If he tries to even touch a hair on you, I'll rip him apart'' Koga said, growling.
`'If he does, I remind you that I also have youkai powers, and I'm stronger than him. Inuyasha was my father, and he was son of Inutaisho. And my mother was the daughter of the emperor. I am strong, Koga'' I said. I appreciated his caring for me, but sometimes he made me feel like I was useless.
`'I know, I'm sorry. It's just that...'' he didn't need to finish his sentence. I knew how he felt.
`'That's ok. Just don't attack him again, ok?'' I asked, and he nodded.
`'Good. Now, what do you recommend to do with him?''
`'Might as well get rid of him, Akame. Give him some money and food, and let him do whatever he wants with his life'' Koga simply said.
`'It's the right thing to do, I guess...but I don't know, Koga. I feel bad about it, dispatching him like that. But he can't stay. I can't barely take care of myself, how can I take care of both of us?'' I said, and sighed. Koga offered me a reassuring smile, kissed my forehead softly as he always did, and disappeared in his tornado. I turned on my back, only to find myself staring into my guest's violet eyes.
`'If I'm such a burden to you, I'll leave'' he stated. I frowned. It seemed he had heard our conversation.
`'I never said that, now did I?! You can stay for some time, but when you completely heal I'll give you some money and food and you're going to have to leave, because I can't even take care of myself!'' I said, raising my voice.
`'I never asked to be brought here! And now I discover you're that bitch for a daughter the bastard emperor had! You're of the same disgusting blood of the man who killed my family!'' he yelled at me. That was when all the pain and frustration I had held inside me snapped free. He never saw my fist coming, and I hit him square in the jaw. He stumbled back, and in a moment I had him pinned to the floor, one hand on his throat, the other raised to attack. I was far much stronger than him. I was growling deeply, and I could feel my demon blood rising.
`'Don't you ever dare to insult my mother, you hear me?! Are you so fucking stupid to think it was my fault or my mother's fault to have the some blood as that bastard; that your family died because of him?! Would you have rather preferred for me to let you dying there, and then continue on with your life and get maybe another beating by some other insensitive jerk?! Do you think it's easy for me to live with the knowledge that my parents died burned alive and that I can barely keep myself alive, and now I'm trying to help you while you look so much like my father, you smell like my father when you wear his clothes, and still do nothing about it?! And now you come here and call my mother a bitch and tell me that it was my fault that your family died?! Well then give me back my father's belongings and go fuck yourself, if you think you can survive without help, and fucking leave me alone!'' I threatened him, my voice ending up in frustrated yells. I could feel tears at the back of my eyes, but I refused to let them go. He just looked at me with a rather terrified face, probably thinking I was going to kill him.
 
I let go of his throat, and he gasped for air. I turned away, stroking Raku's muzzle, who had been standing behind me in a protective manner, ready to attack the man if he did any sudden moves, and retreated back to the house, slamming the door behind me. Then I collapsed to the floor and cried my heart out.
 
OoOoOoOoOoOo
 
After I had calmed myself down, I took a long bath, lost in thought. Hours passed, and since he didn't come inside, I supposed he had left. So I was rather surprised when I walked out of the kitchen, carrying my dinner, and saw him sitting at his usual place, not daring to look up at me, his grey bangs covering his eyes. He fidgeted with his hands, and was sitting in a much slumped position. I had been so lost in thought that I never heard him or smelled him. I sighed, and sitting in front of him, I placed the tray between us, offering him to eat if he wanted to. I never was hungry in the first place.
 
We stayed in tense silence for a long time, until I heard him faintly whisper two words, which I wouldn't have heard if I didn't have my dog ears.
`'I'm sorry''
 
He still didn't look up at me, and I didn't say anything. A simple sorry wasn't enough, but at least he had realized he had made a mistake.
`'I shouldn't have said what I said, and I apologize for insulting your mother and blaming you for my family's death. And I'm sorry you have to put up with me, even more if I remind you of your father. And I'm sorry they died'' and with that he got up and headed fort he door.
`'Where are you going?'' I asked him.
`'You want me to leave, don't you?'' he questioned.
`'I...didn't mean it. I'm sorry for yelling at you. It's just that, all these years of hiding my pain, my frustration...I just can't take it anymore...'' I said, sighing. He sat in front of me again, and bore into me with his green eyes.
`'I just realized you don't know my name. It's Shizaho'' he said kindly, and I gave him a small smile.
`'You already know mine'' I stated. `'Eat, I'm not hungry'' I offered, pushing the tray towards him.
`'You should eat'' he scolded me.
`'I don't want to''
`'Fine''
 
OoOoOoOoOoOo
 
I woke up abruptly, covered in cold sweat, and I lunged myself at the figure that had wakened me up.
`'Akame!'' I heard Shizaho call my name under my claws, and I immediately let him go.
`'Sorry'' I muttered, trying to catch my breath. I had had a bad dream, and it seemed Shizaho's presence had woken me up, my youkai blood alerting me of danger.
`'I heard you talking in your sleep; you were practically crying, I thought I'd wake you up'' Shizaho excused him, looking nervously around. I realized he had never been in my room, my old parent's room. I too could smell their scents, the love this room held. If there was a place I felt safe, it was here.
`'Are you going to be alright?'' he asked me. I nodded, and he left the room, closing the wooden shutter behind him. I could easily tell he had been watching me a while before than he had waken me up, because of his scent in the room, and his nervousness. I lay again in my bed, but I never managed to sleep.
 
OoOoOoOoOoOo
 
For a moment I thought she was going to kill me. I had been awhile there, simply watching her peaceful and beautiful face as she slept. I couldn't sleep, and for some unknown reason I longed to see her. I was just thankful that, if she did notice I had been there before she woke up, she didn't say anything.
 
A few hours later the sun began ascending in the sky, and I prepared breakfast, trying to make myself useful. She came out later, with a simple cream kimono on, and a sleepy look on her face. She smiled warmly at me, and raised her eyebrows at the breakfast served.
`'You made breakfast'' she stated, and looked at the food, sniffing it. `'What is it?''
`'My mother taught me to cook this when I was a pup. It's made with rice and salmon, and you make a kind of salmon cake, and add berries to it. The other thing is Miso'' I explained to her. She picked up one of the cakes and bit it.
`'Kami, this is delicious!'' she said, and ate the three of them in an instant, and then the Miso. I was halfway through my third cake by the time she was done.
`'Glad you liked it'' I said with a broad smile, something I hadn't done in a long, long time.
`'Sorry about before'' She apologized, but I dismissed the subject.
 
After a little fight of who was to clean the dishes, which I won, we lay in the field, surrounded by the flowers, and Raku next to her, the rest of the horses down in the lake or grazing by. We were in a comfortable silence, looking up to the sky, when I suddenly heard a trotting horse coming this way. Akame sat up, followed by myself, and I could see a tall, handsome man round his late thirties-early forties trotting towards us with a kind smile on his face, riding a big, brown horse.
`'Kahei!'' Akame exclaimed happily, and getting up she ran over to the man, who had dismounted, and she hugged him tightly, he returning the hug, and I felt a pang of jealousy, something weird in me. I got up and went to them, hearing Akame happily speaking to him.
`'Kahei, I'm so glad to see you! How have you been? You're looking well. Hi, Aoi!'' she said, stroking the horse's muzzle.
`'I'm doing fine, Akame. Taraku told me to come, what's wrong?'' he asked and then looked at me, still holding her. I felt a growl erupt from the back of my throat. What was wrong with me?
`'Oh, Kahei, this is Shizaho. I found him on my way abck, they had attacked him so I brought him here, that's why I told you to come'' she said. `'Shizaho, this is Kahei. He was one of my mother's closest friends'' she said, and a dark look filled with pain and sadness overcame his eyes for a moment, but quickly disappeared.
`'Very nice to meet you, Shizaho. I'm glad Akame has someone to keep her company'' he said with a kind smile, holding out his hand, which I shook, almost all jealousy gone. It was kind of hard not to not like him.
`'Come on in'' Akame said, and we all followed her inside, and I offered to make tea as they sat in the living room, talking about recent events, or Akame's journey. I was surprised at how far she had gone, and she welcomed me with a smile as I came in with tea and sat along with them.
 
Kahei passed almost the whole day with us, and when it began to get dark he bid his farewell, and Akame went to speak with him outside, even though I could listen perfectly to them.
`'I'm very glad you came, Kahei. Now really, how are you?'' she asked, her tone serious.
`'I'm getting better. I met a girl the other day, a bit younger than me. She reminds me of your mother, but she is quite different'' he said.
`'You like her, don't you?'' she said, but her voice was not accusing.
`'Well...I...it's just that, I feel I'm betraying Kagome by falling in love, that if I do, I'll forget her'' he said, and I then understood he had been in love with Akame's mother, and yet he had let her father have her.
`'Don't be stupid, Kahei. You aren't betraying Mom in any way, at all. She would probably be very happy about this, you know she loved you deeply, just not in the way she loved dad. In fact, you should see her every time you can. You can even bring her here, so I can meet her. You have all the right in the world to be happy, Kahei. I'm so glad for you'' she said, and I could hear her hugging him, and the smell of tears, but not hers, but his.
`'Thank you, Akame. I will bring her here, I promise'' he said, and then he got on his horse and left. A little after Akame came abck inside, with a soft smile on her lips.
`'He loved your mother, didn't he?'' I asked her, and she looked surprised at me, sitting beside me.
`'He still does, in some way. He had always loved her, but he let her go with dad still. I'm so happy he found someone. He above all people deserve to be happy. Koga also loved her, but he was a little more problematic, but in the end he fought with Inu-yasha, and they both protect me dearly'' she said, and I felt my heart stop from the shock.
`'Your father was Inu-yasha? The son of Inu-taisho?'' I asked her, and she looked up at me with sad eyes.
`'Yes, he was. My mother met him one night at the palace, while she was in her favourite garden, filled with sakura trees. She was crying because grandfather had arranged her to marry her best friend's brother, and she didn't want to. Every night they went to see ach other, and Dad killed her husband to be, Kohaku, when he had discovered about their secret meetings and had tried to force her. They ran away one day, with the help of Kahei, and lived here and had me until one day grandfather sent his troops for them. They fought until their last breath, but eventually it was too much. My uncle, Sesshoumaru, saved me from being killed, but could do nothing for my parents, who were burnt alive'' her voice cracked, and she took a deep breath. `'He killed the emperor, and took me in as his own daughter. By the time I was eighteen, I discovered the truth of my past, and Kahei took me here. I've lived in this place since then, travelling all over the country, looking for something I've never found'' she told me. I was struck at her parent's past, and the life she had lead.
`'What are you looking for?'' I asked her, curiosity getting the best of me.
`'That's the funny part, I don't know'' she said with a watery smile, and I could already smell the tears. Telling her past had been hard for her. I gathered the courage to slowly and gently surround her in my arms, and she cried silently against my chest, gripping my shirt. It felt so strange, to be holding her in my arms, but at the same time I wanted this moment to last forever.
`'I'm sorry'' she apologised once she had calmed down, but didn't pull away.
`'It's ok, I'm here. You can always count on me'' I told her, and I felt her smile softly against me. We didn't move, and I suddenly realized she had fallen asleep. I looked at her peaceful face, gently picked her up and carried her to her bed, removing the outer layer of her kimono, leaving only the comfortable loose layer underneath so she would sleep well, covered her in the sheets, and left the room.
 
OoOooOooOOo
 
I slowly woke up, somewhat confused. Last thing I remembered was falling asleep in Shizaho's embrace, which made me blush. I sat up, and noticed I was in my bed, and that I was only wearing the inner layer of my kimono, which meant Shizaho had carried me here and taken off the other layer, and my blush spread to my whole face. I shook my head, and silently went out the house, passing him sleeping in the futon in the living room. It wasn't dawn yet, but they sky had the characteristic grey-blue cold colour of before dawn, and the air was chill. I walked down to the field, and Raku came over to me, snorting a greeting for me in his horse way. We walked down to the lake, and removing the rest of my clothes, I walked into the cold water naked. It had been a long time since I had swam in the lake, and it felt good. I dived, swimming under the cold water, and when I came out for air, I saw that Raku had come in too, and was swimming my way, whining happily. I laughed and swam over to him, and we played in the water, when suddenly Raku turned around and went out of the water, shook himself showering everything with water, and trotted uphill. When he came back, Shizaho was by his side. They crossed looks, and I blushed again, realizing I was naked. Shizaho blushed too, but still came over to the edge, and I swam a little deeper.
`'Good Morning. Um...do you mind if I...uh...come in?'' she blurted out, and I shook my head, turning around so he could undress and a little after I heard his swimming towards me. I turned around, a hint of red still in my cheeks, and watched him come over to me.
 
OoOoOooOoO
 
I was so nervous I was shaking out of my body. My heart almost stopped when I saw her in there, and then realized she was naked. And for some unknown reason, here I was, as naked as her, swimming towards her. She looked so beautiful, and cute, with her dark hair wet, drops of water running down her face, and blushing. I stopped when I was in front of her, and tried not to look at anything other than her face. Raku came back in, and that broke the ice between us when he came splashing next to us. She giggled and we started splashing each other or chasing ourselves around Raku, who became dizzy and decided to go out. We kept chasing each other, and I permitted myself looking at her when we dived, opening my eyes, but I stopped when I caught her looking at me as well. We started chasing each other again, with she laughing happily as she tried to get away from me, when I leapt in the water and landed on her back, holding her as she laughed hysterically.
`'that's cheating!'' she said, smiling as she turned around to face me, looking at me with her gorgeous eyes. The problem was, I couldn't stop staring at her. She was so beautiful, in every way. I would never admit it to myself, but I thought I was falling for her, and fast, my hands wandered up to caress her neck, her face, and she placed her soft hands on the end of my neck and beginning of my shoulders, looking at me with eyes swirling with emotion. And then, I leaned down and captured her soft, sweet lips in my own, and we kissed passionately, in an almost desperate way, but it was still gentle and soft, and I slid my tongue in her mouth, rubbing against her own, and a moan escaped her, making me shiver. Her hands went up to my neck, pulling me closer, and my hands wandered down her body, tracing her curves, but not daring to touch her breast, or something else. We finally separated, panting, and we looked into each other's eyes, when suddenly one of the horses whinnied, and the spell was broken. In an instant she was dressing shakily outside, while I had dived and wouldn't go up until she had fully dressed and left for the house with the excuse of having to make breakfast, and I slowly went out as well and dressed.
 
What had just happened?
 
OoooOooOOo
 
Oh, Kami. Oh, Kami, Kami, Kami.
 
I could still feel his lips over mine, his hands over me. I shivered, even though I was submerged in hot water, taking a quick bath. I got out and dressed with shaky hands in a black kimono of my mother's, and hurried to the kitchen to make breakfast. I heard him come in and mutter that he was going to take a fast bath as well. I couldn't understand what had happened. One moment we were playing, the other kissing each other. This was new for me, and I felt insecure, something like this never happening before to me.
 
The worst was that I had liked it, Kami forgive me if I wanted it again.
 
Emotions were swirling inside me, making me feel unstable, but one thing was clear, which was what scared me the most. I had fallen in love for him, and had been since the first time I had seen him. I wondered if my mother had been so confused when she fell in love with Inu-yasha. And of course, doubt filled her mind. Had he meant that kiss for real? Did he like her as well? Or was he just manipulating her, taking advantage of her? If I thought about it more, my head would explode.
 
I went to the living room carrying the trays of food, and placed one in front of Shizaho, who was dressed in a blue haori and smelled freshly cleaned. We didn't make eye contact, nor did we speak, His smell was clouded with nervousness, and surprisingly, fear. Did he maybe think I was going to reject him, to make him leave?
 
If I wasn't going to do that before, now it was the last thing in my mind.
 
OoOoOOoOoOOO
 
I sat in the cold grass, looking up at the dark sky of the night, filled with stars, with Raku, who had taken a liking to me laying beside me, his father Shun not to far away. I didn't know what time it was, only that it was very late in night. I couldn't sleep, and by the sound of it nor could she. I couldn't stop thinking about that kiss this morning. It had been so sweet, so passionate, so...perfect. The perfect first kiss. Some said hanyou weren't allowed to love. I say that's bullshit, because I now knew I was deeply in love with her. It wasn't the type of love two people have just because they need someone, no. Not the kind of love someone has for the first person that has ever been kind to you.
 
It was the kind of love that would drive you mad every second you didn't see her, hold her, smell her, hear her, be with her. The type of love where you couldn't stop thinking about her not even for a second. I felt like such a fool. And of course, there was the doubt. Why did she kiss me back? Did that mean she felt something for me as well? Or was she just carried away by the moment?
 
I suddenly heard a swoosh, and smelt a wolf demon. I knew perfectly who it was, but I didn't move. He was coming my way. I just wondered what he wanted from me.
`'Hey, dog turd'' Koga said as he stopped in front of me, but not in a mean way. I guess he treated all dogs like that. I wondered how Inu-yasha had gotten along with him.
`'What do you want?'' I asked him, and he snickered, sitting beside me cross-legged.
`'I just smelt your stinky smell miles away, so I thought about dropping by to see how you were doing and pick a fight with you'' he joked. Then suddenly, his face turned serious. `'You've touched her, more than with I'm comfortable with without knowing your intentions. Her scent is all over you'' he said, growling softly. So, he could smell we had kissed. I could always smell when others had mated, or even kissed as well.
`'I love her'' was my only answer.
`'Are you sure of that? Or is it just you think you love her because she's been the first one to be kind to you since your family died? Just because you simply need someone to be with?'' he asked me. I thought of it for a moment, but I already knew the answer.
`'No. I love her because I do. She has such a great heart, always so kind, yet very strong, and it seems I only live now to just make her smile'' I answered, feeling very corny. Kouga remained silent, looking up into the sky.
`'I once felt like that. I still do. Akame's mother was the love of my life. Kagome...Akame is so much like her. Gorgeous in the outside, and the best person you'll ever meet in the inside. Always caring and forgiving, no matter what, so strong, and her smile could lit up a room. I had been banished from my clan because I served the humans, and I practically lived the life of a hanyou, only more respected. But I'll never forgive myself for what I did. You can't begin to imagine how I felt when Inu-yasha and Kagome ran away, madly in love. Mad enough to escape the law of her father. I came one night. Inu-yasha fought me. Kagome was pregnant. And she miscarried'' he told me in a deep, low voice, and I felt my heart shattered. How must have they all suffered, Kouga for what he had done, Kagome for loosing her child.
`'And yet, she forgave me. I'm glad she lived happy with him. Inu-yasha would protect her even if it meant his death, and didn't care about it. He loved her so much, more than I ever did. But then, they came after them. I of course fought along with Inu-yasha, intent on saving her from such a fate. But, once again, I failed. I would have taken my life long ago in shame if it weren't for Akame. She was my hope of living, a light in the dark, always so much like Kagome. And, where I'm getting to, I would give my life for her, kill for her. Be sure of what you're doing, because if you hurt her in anyway, I swear for Kagome and Kami itself I'll rip you apart'' Koga said. I swallowed a hard lump in my throat, but understood him.
`'I swear to you I would rather die than hurting her. I'll make her happy, I won't try, I will do it. And if I ever do hurt her, I will happily let you end my life, for my grief would be unbearable. As long as she accepts me, I'll make her the happiest woman to have ever lived in any of the worlds'' I told him, and he seemed content with that. He got up, and with a small wave, disappeared into the night in his tornado. I sighed, and lied down, and content with myself, closed my eyes and drifted into sleep.
 
OooOooOo
 
If my heart went any faster it would pop out of my chest. I had heard it, every single word. He loved me. I couldn't get to calm myself. I only thanked Koga for speaking with him, and he had know perfectly I was listening. I didn't know what to do, how to react. So I went back to my bed, and fell asleep with a smile on my lips.
 
OoOoOOoOOO
 
`'Wake up, sleepy'' someone said, shaking me softly. I groaned and turned around, too comfortable in the grass, but the evil hand insisted on bothering me.
`'Shizaho, wake up!'' someone ordered, and I registered it was Akame. I sprang up, and she giggled at my sudden awakening.
`'I've been almost five minutes trying to wake you up!'' she said with a smile on her face. I noticed she was wearing the white kimono with the sakura tree, which was my favourite on her, because it made her eyes prettier and it hugged her curves to perfection. She was so beautiful..
`'Hello? Earth to Shizaho!'' she said, waving a hand in front of my eyes. I snapped out of it, and got up, stretching, and I noticed something. Sometime during the night I had taken my haori off, leaving my chest bare, and I could feel her watching every inch of exposed flesh, which made me kind of nervous. I picked up my clothes but didn't bother to put them on again.
`'Sorry, I guess I got hot during the night. I'm going to swim for awhile, don't wait for me to have breakfast'' I told her, and she nodded, going back inside, while I headed towards the lake, stripping of the rest of my clothes, and going into the water.
 
OooOoOOoOOoo
 
My own thoughts surprised me, but I couldn't help it. Shizaho, if anything, was the best good-looking man I had ever seen, even more than Uncle, who was quite handsome as it is. I couldn't help but stare when he stretched, how his muscles flexed, and in the lake...the thought of it made me blush, when he had caught me looking at him, and he looking at me.
 
I made breakfast for both of us, and ate mine, leaving his in the floor of the living room. I went into my room to change into riding clothes, and when I came out there was a smiling, wet Shizaho wearing only pants going into the bathroom. He looked even better wet.
`'I'm going to ride for a bit, come outside when you're finished'' I told him, and he nodded, getting into the bathroom.
 
Once outside, I called Raku and saddled him, and Taraku, who tended to disappear from time to time, flew along with me, and soon Shizaho joined us.
`'Come!'' I told him, and helped him get on Raku, sitting behind me, and wrapped his arms around my waist as he tried not to fall while we rode. We both knew perfectly well that his balance was just as perfect as mine and there was no need to old on to me, but I wasn't one to complain.
 
We rode until lunch time, and after taking a bath and having lunch we sat in the small porch, looking down at the field. Winter was very near, and I could already smell the snow from the distance.
`'It's gonna be a tough winter'' Shizaho commented, voicing my thoughts.
`'Yeah, but winter isn't so bad if you have company'' I told him, and he gave me a look I couldn't decipher.
`'We should go inside, it's getting dark already. `Gonna be hard to get used to it getting dark sooner'' he commented, and we went inside, and he prepared a delicious dinner for both of us, which we shared between laughs, jokes and old memories. I told him about all of my journeys, and he about all of his life. We stayed up until late, and after I put more wood in the chimney, he motioned for me to sit beside him.
`'I have to tell you something''
 
OooOooOooOo
 
It was now or never. The decisive moment had come. If she rejected me, I had decided to leave. No use being with her with a broken heart. And if she accepted me...that just seemed impossible.
`'What is it?'' she asked me, looking right through me with her beautiful eyes.
`'Well, I...I wanted to thank you for all you've done for me. Never have I been happier since the death of my family. It means a lot for me what you've done'' I said. Way to go. It was a start, at least. I looked at her for a moment, and saw sadness in her face. My heart broke. She probably knew what I was going to tell her, and she was going to reject me, I'm sure of it.
`'I just...I just wanted to say that...I lo-`' I could never finish. She suddenly threw herself at me, embracing me tightly, tears falling down her face.
`'Please don't leave!'' she begged, and I got confused. She thought that I was telling her all this because I was leaving?
 
Well, if she rejected me, it was going to be true.
 
`'Please, please don't leave me alone! I love you, Shizaho! I love you!'' she practically yelled, and there my heart stopped. Had she just said what I thought she'd said?
`'You...you love me?'' I taunted, still not believing her words.
`'Yes! I love you, I love you so much! Don't, please don't leave!'' she begged, crying harder. I pulled her closer to me, as close as we could sitting, and breathed in her scent.
`'I'm not leaving. I would never leave you. I just wanted to tell you that...I love you too'' I confessed. Come to think of it, this was such a corny scene. She gave a half cry half laugh.
`'That was just mean'' she said, apparently calming down.
`'I'm sorry'' I told her.
`'Do you really love me?
`'Yes. You are...I just can't begin to describe you. You're so beautiful, so kind, so forgiving, and your smile...I can't live without it'' I told her, and she chuckled.
`'Dad always use to say that to mom, that he loved her smile'' she told me.
`'If your mother had your same smile, he was right'' I answered.
 
She looked up at me with watery eyes, and I gently cleaned the remaining tears, and kissed her face all over, her eyebrow, her cheeks, her eyelids, and finally, her sweet lips. If I had thought the last kiss had been good, it had not an inch of comparison with this one. I even found myself moaning into her mouth as she caressed my fangs and tongue with her own, and her hands roamed over my body, stripping me of my haori, and caressed every inch of my back and chest, as I did with her curves, trying to get rid of her kimono, and we lay in the floor.
`'No'' she suddenly said, and I felt myself dying. This is what I had dreaded. I had gone to fast, and now look...she must have seen my face, for she kissed me tenderly, telling me she loved me with her mouth.
`'Not here. In my room, just like they did'' she asked me, referring to her parents. I let out the breath I didn't know I was holding, and I swooped her up, making her giggle, and carried her to the room. I went in, carrying her bridal-style, and gently laid her on the bed.
`'Are you sure, Akame?'' I asked her, still doubting. She nodded, smiling up at me with that special smile only for me, which I had never seen her give it to anyone else, not even Kouga or Kahei, and I felt my insides melt. I leaned down and kissed her, and I took off the first layer of her kimono, and then came the second. I lifted myself from her a bit to look at her, and she blushed.
`'You're perfect. So beautiful'' I told her huskily, and lowered my mouth to her breast, licking her and stealing moans from her. I kissed every single part of her as she dug her hands in my hair, and lowered my hands between her legs, and she bucked as I touched her, moaning loudly. I continued my ministrations, and soon she practically screamed my name, and I couldn't believe I had just made her orgasm.
`'kami, that was...kami...'' she said, panting, sweat rolling down her face. I kissed her again, and I suddenly felt her hands working on my hakamas, and untying the knot, my pants fell to the floor, leaving me as bare as she was.
`'Now it's my turn'' she whispered evilly, and she suddenly turned us, and she was now on top of me. She roamed my chest with her hands and lips, kissing every scar, and she suddenly took me in her mouth. I was met with a pleasure I had never know could exist. Soon I was in my own climax, screaming out her name.
 
After I was somehow better, I turned us around, so I was on top again, and kissed her tenderly.
`'I love you'' I whispered into her ear. `'Are you still sure you want this?'' I asked her. It's not that I wanted to stop, but she came before my own needs, always.
`'Yes. I love you'' she replied in a whisper that sent shivers down my body.
 
With her permission, I slowly and gently entered her, trying my best not to hurt her, and after the first whimpers of pain, she was moaning my name over and over, just as I was moaning hers as we both lost our virginity.
 
After both our climax, I exited her and we both we laid snuggled up together, breathing hard, and sweat rolling down both our bodies.
`'Did I hurt you?'' I asked her, putting her hair away from her face.
`'Only a little at first, but that's supposed to happen the first time always'' she answered, burying her face in my chest, and I kissed the top of her head.
`'I'm sorry'' I told her, but she diminished it.
`'You know, I've just realized something'' she suddenly said in the darkness of the room.
`'What?''
`'My search has ended'' she said, referring to what she had been looking for all those years. `'I'd been looking for you, it's just that I didn't know who you were'' she said, and I understood what she was trying to tell me. She was looking to be loved, and be able to love, just as I loved her and she loved me.
`'I'm glad, then. Sleep, koiishi'' I told her, and she soon fell into the land of dreams, but I was unable to sleep. I thought about all of my life, alone and unloved ever since my family died. I thought about Akame, how she had killed those men, how she had taken me in. How she loved me.
 
I felt the luckiest man in the world.
 
OoOoOoOOOo
 
I woke up feeling warm and protected, as I woke up every morning since that first night. Shizaho was sleeping soundly, clutching me as if if he'd let me go I would disappear. I snuggled into him, thinking of everything that had happened. It was spring again, but a year later from that autumn I had met Shizaho, and today was my birthday. So many things had happened...First, Kahei had married the girl he had fallen in love with, and was as happy as he deserved, although he would never forget Kagome. Kouga had joined a new pack this winter, and lived more to the north, but visited every week to see how we were doing and pick an immature fight with Shizaho if he could. Sometimes they acted just like little boys, I swear.
 
And as for Uncle, his daughter had been born in the beginning of spring, who he had named after her mother, and was his pride and joy. Rin was also very happy with her daughter. I also heard that Mother's old friends, Miroku and Sango, had had three children as well. I've known the lecher since I was born, and knowing him there would be more children up ahead. Poor Sango.
 
And, as for me, I had just discovered yesterday that I was also pregnant. It seemed babies liked to appear in spring. I had never seen Shizaho cry, but when I'd told him that I was pregnant he'd cried out of pure joy, and something else I wouldn't understand. I myself was very happy about it. I was having my first baby. And also Raku had gone into work with one of the mares, and soon there would be a new colt in the family, and Shun would be grandfather! Shizaho always laughed at how I treated the horses, as if they were people just like us.
 
Shizaho stirred, waking me from my reverie, and I kissed him softly as he slowly woke up.
`'Good morning'' I told him.
`'G'oorning'' he said, still half asleep. `'How's the pup doing?'' he asked, suddenly much more awake.
`'Well, he's just as big as my pinkie finger, so I really can't tell'' I joked, and he chuckled, kissing the top of my head.
`'It's gonna be a boy, I can tell'' Shizaho said, and I laughed. He was probably right.
`'let's go get breakfast, I'm starving'' he said, and got up, stretched, and ran to the kitchen as if the hounds of hell were chasing him. My hungry hanyou...
 
 
Nine months later, my son was born. He had been right after all. He had, just as me, different eye colours, one gold and one green. He had his father's tanned skin, silvery-white hair and black dog ears, and one hell of a good pair of lungs. We named him Inu-yasha, because it sounded right for him.
 
 
A/N
 
My God, Can't believe I finished! There you go, fellas, Akame's happy life. This is the first serious lemon I've ever wrote, but, as my cousin says, `What's a good story without porn? Er...I mean...Romance!'' Queen baka in this site if you were wondering who this funny fellow is. Anyways, my thanks to all of you who followed me in Red Petals, and will read this. I hope you enjoyed”