InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ For the Love of a Miko ❯ The Noose Tightens ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hello everybody I'm back once again with another installment. I am so elated......hehehe....I got so many reviews.....but I can always use some more incouragement. :-)

Disclaimer: If you haven't figured out by now than I'm not the owner then you're more messed up than I am. (^-_-^;;)

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````` ```````````````````````

For the Love of a Miko

Chapter 5: The Noose Tightens

'Why the hell am I helping Naraku!' Kouga thought to himself.

'Because the miko wanted you to.'

Grrrr, shutup. where the hell did you come from?

'I am you. The little voice in your head that tells you when you're doing something wrong.'

I know I'm doing something wrong. How the hell is this supposed to help me get Kagome to be my mate?

Kouga didn't like the fact that he had voices in his head, let alone loosing to them.

'I don't know how this is supposed to help you get Kagome, but I know why you're helping Naraku' it chimmed.

"Well?" The sound of his voice startled Sango awake. She had somehow managed to fall asleap on his bouncing back.

'Now I know how Kagome does it so often,' she thought to herself.

'It's because this new reincarnation looks so much like Kagome. You can never turn down her requests.'

That doesn't make any sence stupid voice get out of my head, you're making it hurt!

To Kouga's suprise the voice vanished, that, or Sango's sudden voice stirred him from his thoughts. Either way he was thankful.

"Mfffo, mffwf mff o mffwoo," Sango couldn't speak through her gagg.

"Hold on, let me remove that," He said as he halted his running and careful trail-making to listen to what the exterminator had to say. He set her down on a nearby boulder and removed the piece of cloth. "Now what?"

"Huh Huh, I said Kouga, huh, where are we going, huh, and are we gonna stop soon?" Sango was out of breath from all the screaming she had tried to do under the gag to get his attencion.

"Right here is fine if you wish, I can't go to my den, Inuyasha knows where it's at, but I don't want to get too far from your village, so Kagome can rescue you."

"What about Inuyasha, why would Kagome rescue us and not him?" Sango asked suspiciously.

"I can't tell you. I am just a pawn with alot to gain in this stupid fiasco." He said trying to hide his face from shame of helping Naraku. He turned from the exterminator to set the still sleeping kitsune on the ground.

"Why are you helping Naraku?" The question took Kouga off guard 'how did she know'

"I know you're helping him, because only he will stoop so low as to set traps, and make his pawns do all the dirty work." She stated matter- of - factly, "So why are you helping him."

Kouga knew he couldn't fool her any longer. He began to explain the events of his barganing with Kikyo.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````` ```````````````````

FLASHBACK:

"What do you have planned." Kouga asked, his voice ladden with suspision, "And who the hell are you."

"My name is Kikyo. I was once a miko, but Inuyasha and I were betrayed by Naraku. He turned us against each other in hopes of tainting the shikon- no- tama. As you can see it worked. I am not here to talk about that though." She added.

"What do you have planned Kikyo, and why do you need my help?" Kouga was beginning to get irritated. He did not like the fact that Naraku had plans that concerned his beloved. Nor did he care for the fact that this creature, who looked so much like the object of his affections, was trying to incorporate him into those plans.

"I need your help, because I can't kill the damned miko, or else the plot is foiled. Inuyasha will never follow me into hell if I hurt her too badly."

Kouga did not like the implemented harm of his future mate, but he did like the sound of the stupid mutt-face's demise. He kept his thoughts to himself though as he returned his attencion to Kikyo.

"Wouldn't Narku be mad if he found that you left for hell, or is it his wish to create a reincarnation just to watch it crawl back into hell with his enemy?" Kouga tried to sound indifferent, but this miko demon thing had his attencion.

"Naraku doesn't know I'm here. It is my will to take Inuyasha into hell, as it has always been. That idiot Naraku thought he could controll me by turning me into one of his servants, but my spirit is free to do what I wish. Nothing and no one will ever change that."

"What do you want in return then Kikyo?" Kouga laced the question with as much hate and spite as he could muster.

"Unlike Naraku I have no desire for anything you have. Your aid with this is all I require. Once I have Inuyasha I won't need anything else. Do what you wish with my reincarnation."

Kouga gave a look of realization. 'No wonder they look so much alike,' he thought to himself, 'Kagome is this creature's reincarnation.' He would have to ask her about it later though because Kikyo started to dissolve into the wind.

"I will give you some time to think about it." Kikyo said as the last of her being disspersed.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````` ```````````````````

"Hurry up Miroku, if you couldn't keep up then you should have stayed back at the village." Yelled Inuyasha. He turned stightly to look at the poor houshi trying to keep up. He was in a hurry, but he tolerated the slow pace since he knew how much Sango meant to him.

"Not everyone has your speed Inuyasha," rhetorted the monk through gasps of breath. He hoped they would find them soon, he wouldn't be able to keep up the pace for long.

"Feh," Inuyasha huffed as he lept higher into the branches. It was getting pretty dark now. Despite his strength, he knew Miroku would be exhausted by now, and he wouldn't be able to keep up in the dark. He did not need to loose his friend as well as Sango and Shippo.

"We will stop here for now, Miroku. Kouga can't get too far with our friends slowing him down."

"Very well," was all the monk said. He kept his head held low shrowding his usually smug face with shadows. Inuyasha could tell it killed Miroku a little more each second Sango wasn't by his side, but they had to stop.

Inuyasha perched himself upon a high branch of a tree and waited until he could hear Miroku's breath even out. A sign that he was sleeping.

'Kouga will pay for what he's done to our little group. What the hell is he thinking' He pondered. Miroku stirred in his sleep, but did not wake.

"Get your sleep Houshi, you'll need it." Inuyasha wispered. He knew that if he pushed the monk too hard he wouldn't be of much use in stealing back his friends. He didn't know why, but he had a fealing Naraku had a hand in this.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````` `````````````````````

Kagome couldn't hold back her shock at the news of her friends' dissapearance. "When did they dissapear Kaede," she asked. Worry lined every word of her question.

"They dissapeared a few hours ago child, where is Inuyasha?" Kaede asked again.

"Inuyasha?......umm.....he got here before I did Kaede," Kagome lowered her head after the last statement, "We kinda got into another argument and I made him leave my time."

"Then perhaps he and Miroku have left in search of your friends." Kaede hoped this news would ease her own worry. She had come to think of the little rag-tag group as her own family. "I pray they find them soon, but in the meantime, Lady Kagome, perhaps it is best that you wait here where you are safe."

Kagome nodded her head in assent to Kaede's wisdome and they began their short walk back to the village. Kagome looked towards the night sky. A slight breeze blew through the tall grass and seemed to push them in anticipation. There was a strange aura about tonight. It left a very unsettling fealing in the pit of her stomach. Kaede reached over and placed her hand on the miko's shoulder. Kaede fealt it to.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````` ````````````````````

Ok here you go. I hope you like it. Wow! Two chapters up, but it's harder than I thought. I guess I should have planned what I was writing about instead of just plunging in. It's not too bad though. You guys seem to like it. I've gotten my school work in (I take correspondence courses) so most of my time will go into that until I complete my tests. I promis to update soon though.

I need reviews........

So push the button

RIGHT.......

DOWN.......

HERE..........

(^-_-^)