InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ For the Love of a Miko ❯ Rage and Worries ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Here we go again with another exciting chapter to the already incredible phenomenon that is this story. Please remember to keep your hands and feet inside the cars while they are moving and don't get up from your seat till the ride has come to a complete stop....^_^;; K I'll shut up now!

````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

RECAP:

On the other side of the well, there were other things being planned that included Kagome. Inuyasha still had not given up on gaining her love again. Kouga was trying to find a way to her heart. Naraku was thinking about how he was going to get the jewel and Kagome without being killed, now that her brother was dead.

````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

For the Love of a Miko

Chapter 14: Rage and Worries

Kagome wasted no time getting back to the feudal era. She was in such a state that she did not even think to tell her friends that she was going. Hell they didn't even know she had left to her time. Bathing and sleep aside; Kagome tore through the forest like a crazed lunatic, looking for the creature that had dare to trespass upon her time and deepest ties to emotion.

```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Kouga noticed when the hanyo came back by himself. Like Inuyasha he was also in a state of shock, but not the same as his romantic rival. Inuyasha was depressed because he had been asked to leave once more. Kouga was shocked because Kagome had not answered him when he asked why she stayed with the mutt-face. She always gave him a reason. Perhaps there was a chance he could gain her heart after all.

Darkness began to decend upon the village and Kagome had yet to return. This was very unlike her. A sour mood was set, and quickly catching on.

"Inuyasha where do you think okaa-san is?" Asked Shippo.

"How the hell should I know runt?" Was his colorful reply

"You WERE the last one to see her. What did you say to her. You better not have made okaa-san cry or else I will knaw your head off!" Shippo fur was ruffling up as his anger grew.

Inuyasha feh'd and left to brood in a tree. He too was worried about Kagome. No doubt she probally went back to her time, but she would have at least told somebody she was leaving. Then again, she had been acting very different lately.

The group settled into a very fitful night's sleep. Shippo, Sango, Kirara, Kaede, and Miroku housed their bodies inside the confines of the hut. Inuyasha slept in his tree, and Kouga sillouette guarded the hut's opening.

```````````````````````````````````````````````````````

A few hours before dawn, Kagome had to stop for rest. She had been running haphazardly through the forest for hours.

'It would not be good to rush in after Naraku if you are exhausted Kagome.'

'Oh, it's you again, and yes I am well aware of that fact, why else would I be stopping in the middle of the woods?'

'To see if you could find some berries? You haven't eaten since Miroku cooked. You ALSO forgot your bag at the village, and not to mencion, no one knows you're even here....wherever here is.'

'My bag and everybody else would just slow me down. I'm not hungry, and all I need to know about where I am at is that Naraku came through here. Any other annoying questions?'

'No, that will do for now. As long as you have a clue of where we are, and where we're going, I'm fine.'

"hmph" Signaling the end of her inner conversation, Kagome sat down next to a tree and allowed herself to doze. Refusing to fall into an unconsious state, yet allowing her body and mind to rest. This was another thing tought to her during her stint with a certain legendary miko. Kagome closed her eyes and awaited the coming of the dawn.

````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Dawn came, and with that Inuyasha stood from his perch on the tree, and lept gracefully onto the ground. Without a word, he left for the well. He had to be sure that she at least made it there. Kouga fell into stride next to him. His mind was following the same path. Sango, Miroku, Kirara, and Shippo followed suit. There were no commands, no insults, nothing. Just six beings taking a brisk walk to a seemingly harmless well, in the cool morning air.

"She was here," began Kouga. "And so was Naraku..." finished Inuyasha. The group tensed at this new revelation. "It would seem as if Kagome chased after Naraku, her scent is fresher than his." This statement put everyone on edge. Why would Kagome run after Naraku without them? Furthermore, what had he done to make her so rash?

Inuyasha took off, following Kagome's scent. 'What did you do to her you bastard. I smell her family's blood all over your scent. You will pay. I just hope Kagome doesn't get to you first. She will give her life to avenge her family. So much like Kikyo.' He was pulled from his thoughts when Kouga raced past him. He was faster even without the help of the jewel shards.

Sango, Miroku, and Shippo rode on a transformed Kirara, who tried in vane to keep up with the two males.

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Kagome returned to her fully concious state. Her stomach's grumblings were pushed to the back of her mind as she continued her pursuit of Naraku. Nothing would stand in her way, not even her body. Now that it was becoming lighter out, Kagome was becoming more fully aware of where her trek was leading her. She was going deaper and deaper into the Eastern lands. Kagome was entering Kouga's territory. She had not realized how far she had actually traveled in less than half a day. Who knew that with her new found powers, she would accuire the speed of a youkai, nay, a goddess? Yes, these were an interresting turn of events.

Kagome continued to give chase, enjoying the thrill of the hunt. What pleased her the most was the thought of how much HE would pay. Images of the infintismal ways to kill him, led a small sadistic smile to grace her lips. This was a new sensation to the young miko. She was never one to dwell on revenge, but in this case the concept of inflicting pain to the one who dared to destroy her inner sanctum was in short, envigorating.

Her muscles ached and cried out for rest. Her stomache growled and damanded sustenance. Her heart raced with each passing moment. Her lungs gasped for air. Kagome was in her hellish heaven. Little did she know that the Shikon inside her began to glow. It concured with Kagome's unspoken wishes. It's mistress would have the power she craved for revenge....Kagome would be a youkai.

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````

The wolf's inwardly shuddered at the shear magnitude of the power that was racing towards them. Their leader was nowhere to be found. He had been expected back days ago, but had yet to return. The pack stood still as they awaited the bearer of the energy to come within full range of three of their sences. Suddenly just as it was about to come within nose range....it stopped. The power had dissapated as if it was completely imagined. Giving one look around, the fear in the eyes of the youkai and wolves alike, told that indeed nothing had been in their minds.

Ginta who had been left in charge by their fearless price decided it was his place to check on the disturbance. Summoning up all the curage he could muster (which wasn't much) he took Hakkaku and the pair left the safety of the pack.

When they reached their destination, their eyes became as round as saucers. There before them was their 'sister'. She was in a comatose like state on the ground. What shocked them most though was the face that she was now a very inticing female wolf youkai! Her black hair now brushed against the small of her back, and her petite balck tail reached the back of her exposed knees. Kagome's feminin nails were sharpened into claws. She was laying down face first with her hair and arms sprawled about her form.

Ginta and Hakkaku would not have recognized her had it not been for the smell of sakura blossoms and rain that forever permeated her scent. They stood in awe at the proverbial sleeping beauty that lay in their wake. Their only thought was 'wouldn't Kouga be suprised.'

```````````````````````````````````````````````````

Thank you, thank you, thank you, for the wonderful ideas. I promis to fit them in here some way or another. I would like to thank Sangami and Belle for their suggestions. Oh and for everyone that still have doubts, this is a Kouga/ Kagome fic, but I promis to start an Inuyasha/ Kagome fic in the near future. In fact I'm thinking about experimenting with a Sess/ Kag pairing and even a yyh/ inu crossover. I expect great things of myself. I only hope everyone will be satiated with my work. ^_^ (wow, this was a long AN.)

Ok peoples you know what to do.....

PUSH THE BUTTON....

RIGHT.....

DOWN....

HERE.....

^_^