InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ For the Love of a Miko ❯ And So It Begins ( Chapter 22 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hello again....YAY NO MORE FILLERS!!!! The story will continue with out much more delay!!^_^ *Cheers are heard in the background* O.O -.- O.O ....When did all of you guys get here??? Oh well....Onward to completeness!!!!! *audience sweatdrops*

Disclaimer: I do not own them......BUT one day I will....Bwaaahaahahahahahahahahaha...ha...he...hmph

```````````````````````````````````````````````````````

RECAP:

'To hell with you, Kagome will come back to me. She has Kikyo's soul, and she came back. They are the same! I will have her!'

'Then hurry. We don't want you to be too late now do we?'

'Huh?'

'.....'

'FEH!!!'

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````

For the Love of a Miko

Chapter 22: And so it Begins

There was a blinding light as Kagome's powers surged through her veins. The iron maiden that encased her exploded from the force of said powers. The chains on her wrists and ankles melted away; leaving Kagome free to roam at will. Naraku fled the room before the flying debris had a chance to settle, and Kagome's mind had a chance to register what had just happened. No matter, he would be unable to get far.

Stepping away from her previous bindings, Kagome stalked slowly after her captor. She could feal Kugura, Kanna, Kouga, and Inuyasha nearby. The door to her 'room' was of simple design, rusty hinges, and semi-rotted wood. She called back her raging powers and relied solely on her youkai training. Surely this would be all that is required to complete her task. The crude obstruction, formerly known as a door, desintegrated under the force of a single punch.

Clearly Narkau's interior decorator needed to be replaced. The halls were bare, and the floor was of thin wooden planks that groaned beneath her weight. The walls of the 'castle' were made of stone, but not the same as in her cell. This stone was by far more brittle, signaling the haste issued in building the structure.

'Awww, looks like he built the place just for me....hmph....I don't know whether to be honored, or disgusted by this?'

'You and your admirers'

'It's not like I can help it.'

'First Hojo, then, Inuyasha (though his reasons are a little messed up), Kouga, and now Naraku. *sigh* What's a girl to do.'

'First of all I don't like Hojo that way! I thought Inuyasha liked me, but was wrong. Ok? I've admitted it. Naraku is a sick-in-the-head wierdo, and Kouga is......'

'And Kouga is a what hmmm?'

'Grrrrr, I won't answere to you.'

'You like him. At least HIS intentions are pure.'

'I do?'

'HA. See you admitted it!'

'Wha? Ok, now I'm confused. Leave me alone.'

'Can't, I'm your concience remember?'

'You never let me forget. Well if you won't leave, then shut-up!'

Kagome trudged through the winding halls following Naraku's scent while she fought with the more sensible though imature side of herself. She was in no hurry. The hanyo's scent was laced with fear in which she relished. She was so confident in her abilities to kill Naraku that she fealt no need to rush into the fight. Better to make him suffer with thoughts of his impending doom.

When she rounded the corner, her eyes were blasted with sunlight. It took a moment for her eyes to get accustomed, but when they did, she gapped at what she saw.

````````````````````````````````````````````````

Kouga had been running nonestop for a few days when he finally came upon the smell of Naraku, but it was coming from a seperate direction from where he was heading. It was so slight, that without his full blooded youkai sences, he would have missed it. He instantly turned into that direction. That had been a day ago, and he knew he was ahead of the mutt-face's group. Now all of his hard work had payed off. The stronghold was just ahead.

When the dust from his arrival settled, he saw Naraku run out of the castle. The hanyo looked like he was running from the devil himself, or in this case, herself. Undoubtly, the mikoyoukai of his heart had instilled the fear clearly written upon Naraku's face, for who else could be so powerful.

Kouga took a defensive stance when Naraku finally noticed his presence. 'Great!' thought the wolf-prince. 'I can take care of Naraku, and Mutt-face isn't here to get in my way. I can finally avenge my fallen pack mates!'

"I don't have time to play with you wolf. I would suggest fleeing."

"HA! You are alone with none of your cronies! You think I'm gonna pass up the chance to take you while you're so vulnerable!"

"FOOL! If you think me vulnerable, then you will be sorely mistaken!"

"I'm waiting...."

Naraku charged, bearing a large tentacle aimed strait for Kouga's chest. He quickly dodged to the left, and was missed. While Naraku's unguarded back was to Kouga, he swiftly attempted a roundhouse kick. Unfortunately, Naraku saw the move, and managed to dodge. He then sent a miasma laced tentacle towards the wiley wolf. Kouga tried to escape the blow, but was stabbed beneath his ribs, but thankfully none of his organs were wounded.

The poison within the wound slowed him down tremendously. His breath was ragged from his rapid blood loss. Consequentially, the poison inhibited his healing powers to kick in.

'Something has to happen soon,' thought Kouga, 'or else this may very well be it. Hell I'll even take help from dog breath!'

Naraku charged again, but was interrupted by a curse, and an explosion to his left.

'Well speak of the devil!'

````````````````````````````````````````````````

Inuyasha, by this time, had caught wind of Kouga's scent. This almost sent him into a demon rage. So many scenarios were going through his head ranging from Kouga's dying mangled corpse, to Kouga embracing HIS Kagome.

When he finally reached the clearing, he was both happy and downhearted. Kouga was not a bloodied heep, though he was bleeding badly; but he wasn't making out with Kagome either. One questioned remained though. Where the hell was the wench anyways? The miasma was thick in the air; basically making it impossible to make out any scents. He was vaguely suprised he hadn't even smelt the mangy wolf's blood!

"Shit!' He cursed. He noticed Kagura and Kanna standing in the door to the stronghold. They were watching the fighting intently, though not looking to be joining soon.

When he let his curse fly, both Naraku and Kouga turned. Inuyasha, being the single-minded fool he was, turned his full attencion to Kouga.

"Oi, wimp! Where the hell is MY Kagome!"

"You mean MY Kagome!"

"Like hell! Where is she!"

"Like I'd tell you mutt-face!"

"AHEM! I do not like being ignored. Though I would love to watch you two fools fight over MY Kagome, I am on a schedule, so could you hurry up so I can get this over with?"

Inuyasha and Kouga stared wide eyed at Naraku. Their mouths were slightly agape. Seaming to snap out of their trance, they both charged to evil hanyou. Inuyasha drew tetsusaiga, but it refused to transform to its true form. He paused to stare at the rusty contraption. There was a gasp at the door of the castle.

Time seemed to stop as the combatants paused in their activities long enough to assess the beauty of the youkai-miko. Naraku and Kouga came out of their stupor first, being that they had both seen her new form before, but this was Inuyasha's first exposure. He continued to gape at her, while her eyes bore into the form of Naraku. It was like no one else existed in her world.

"Kukuku, my Kagome. You don't seem too pleased with being reunited with your friends."

"Naraku. You will pay. HOW DARE YOU TRY TO LOCK ME IN THE MAIDEN!!!!!!!! THAT HURT YOU POMPOUS ASS!!!!"

The three men...er...demons and hanyou were dumbfounded again. Not only did she cuss, but, she dared to insult Naraku as if it were a familiar thing. Her natural aura flared around her body a vulumptuous rosey pink. The now more revealing school uniform doing wanders to their imagination.

"I will kill you Naraku. You tried to hurt my family, you've tortured me, hurt my friends, and destroyed innocent lives for your own gain. I will not rest till I have your blood."

This little speach snapped Naraku out of his stupor. With a look towards Inuyasha, he began to chant under his breath. Inuyasha lifted into the air, and was surrounded by a malevolent purple aura. When he landed on his feet once more, the wind picked up and Kouga and Kagome both found that the little hairs on the back of their necks were standing. Inuyasha had transformed, and was looking at Kagome, like a starving dog would a rare steak.

'NOT GOOD!' Kagome screamed in her mind.

'Definately not good.'

'Any advice, oh annoyingly wise consious of mine?'

'RUN!'

*sweatdrop* 'I was afraid you'd say that.'

`````````````````````````````````````````````

Will Kagome have to kill Inuyasha? What about Kouga? Where are Kagura and Kanna? Where are Miroku, Kirara, and Sango. What did Naraku do? Ok I'll stop asking questions. I know this is a BIG cliffie, but bare with me k? I'd like to thank everyone who reviewed, it really helps.

Well that's it for this chappie. Remember, even though this fic is winding down and coming to a close, I still need those responses! So....

PUSH THE BUTTON....

RIGHT....

DOWN....

HERE....

^_^