InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Forbidden ❯ Prologue

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Okay, I've been reading a lot of Sesshomaru fanfics, and they've all been doing pretty well in depicting the cold demon's thoughts and feelings. So, I decided I'd try to do a little depicting of my own. With a few twists that is. Enjoy. Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha and co, they are owned by an extremely lucky person whom I plan to kidnap so they can be signed over to me. Hahaha! Now, here are the possible pairings. Sess/ Kag That's a definite. Mir/San and. maybe some possible others. And I don't know the name of the two-headed thing, so I'm going to use the name I saw in another fic.

Sesshomaru sat silently under a large tree Jaken sat at his side. A slight look of annoyance was on the toad's face. "What's taking that wench so long?" He asked his master, though he paid him no mind. "Does it really take humans this long to bath?" Sesshomaru never turned his head. He was deep in thought. The events of the previous day flashed in his head so vigorously. He couldn't contain the confusion that was running through his mind.

-----Flashback----

"Sesshomaru! You will die." Kagome said, aiming an arrow straight for his heart.

"Do you really wish to kill me so, human? You know your attempt is futile yet you still wish to continue. What drives you to attempt such things?" Sesshomaru asked, his expression unchanging and cold. His eyes studied the miko as her hands shaked. She could barely steady her bow as her adrenalin began to rush. She was afraid. Yet, she didn't seem to be afraid of him. But afraid the she wouldn't kill him. Afraid that her arrow wouldn't make it's mark.

"Hatred. The hate that I hold for you, Sesshomaru. I hate you so much. And I want you to die. I watched you kill Inuyasha right before my very eyes, and you didn't even care. You showed no emotion or any kind of remorse for him. I held Inuyasha as he took his last breath. And now, you will pay for his death." Kagome took a deep breath and released the arrow. Everything seemed to move in slow motion as the arrow started to make it's way to Sesshomaru. Sesshomaru easily dodged the arrow, but the arrow kept going heading straight for Rin.

"Rin!" Sesshomaru yelled, alerting the placid little girl. He quickly removed Toukijin from its sheath, cutting the arrow into pieces. Sesshomaru's once calm eyes now displayed anger as he turned to the young miko. "I will kill you for harming Rin."

Rin's eyes grew wide when she heard Sesshomaru's words. Never before had she heard him be so unkind. And never before had she heard him threaten anyone. "No. Sesshomaru-sama. Please don't kill her. She has been nothing but kind to Rin. She didn't mean to hurt Rin." The young girl pleaded. Her small cheeks tinged with tears. Sesshomaru's face once again became emotionless as he calmed himself. He approached the young miko, snatching the bow and arrows from her hand.

"You should thank Rin for saving you life, human. I will spare you this time." He turned from the girl, and elbowed her in her ribs, temporarily knocking her out.

---------End flashback---------

"Sesshomaru-sama. Rin is clean now. Can Rin play with the nice lady now?" The young girl asked, smiling wide.

"Nay, Rin. The human is still asleep. She shall wake up shortly. Then you may play with her." He stood, and lifted Rin to sit her on Ahun's back. "Make sure she doesn't fall."

"Yes Sesshomaru-sama." Rin laid Kagome's head in her lap and gently rubbed her hair. `She's so pretty. I hope that one-day when I become older I can be as she. Then, I can marry a prince, and live in a big castle. Just like Sesshomaru-sama. Then he'll be proud of Rin.' Rin smiled, and giggled to herself softly.

"What are you laughing at, you stupid child?"

"Rin was just thinking of something good. That's all." She said, still smiling softly.

Jaken rolled his eyes. Sometimes humans could be so stupid. Especially the women. Rin continued to rub Kagome's hair and hum a soft song.

"INUYASHA NO!!!" Kagome screamed. She began to wail fiercely. Kagome opened her eyes to see a rather ugly toad and young girl looking her directly in the eye. "Get back, you demons!" She reached for her bow and arrow only to notice they were missing. `What? Where are my arrows?'

"They're not there, human. I took them, remember?" Kagome frowned and reached for the closest thing to her. She quickly grabbed Jaken and held an arm around his neck.

"Let me go, Sesshomaru. Or I'll kill it." Sesshomaru never turned to her he only continued to walk holding on to Ahun's reins. Kagome frowned again. It seemed as if he was mocking her, and she didn't like it. She pulled the small dagger that Sango gave her from the small pouch that rested on her hip. "I will do it, Sesshomaru!"

"Well, why haven't you yet, human? Are you too scared to have the blood of another on your hands?"

"I'll show you how afraid I am, Sesshomaru." Kagome took the small dagger and put it through the small toad's neck. She pulled it out before throwing him at Sesshomaru's back. Sesshomaru stopped walking when he felt the dead body of the toad hit him. He turned to look Kagome in the eyes. She looked on; giving him the coldest stare she could muster. It was true that having the toad's blood all over her clothes and her hands gave her the creeps, but she would never let Sesshomaru have the satisfaction of knowing that. Upon seeing the glare she gave him a cold shiver ran down Sesshomaru's spine. Although his outer appearance seemed greatly calmed, but inside he could feel fear in his veins.

"Ah. Jaken-sama." Rin said, holding her face in her hands. Kagome shot the little girl a glance, the dagger still held firmly in her hand.

"Do you value this young girls life, Sesshomaru?" Kagome asked in a menacing voice.

"If you touch her I will no longer stand true to my promise. I will kill you." Sesshomaru said giving her a death glare.

"As if I value my life. I've lost everything. Inuyasha, Miroku, Sango. They're all dead thanks to you. I have no desire to live anymore. But rest assured. I will not harm Rin. She is an innocent child. Although she should not hang around a bastard such as yourself." Kagome sighed and put the dagger to her throat with a flick of the wrist, she had successfully slit her throat.

--------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------*

Kagome's eyes fluttered softly as she struggled to open them. They felt heavier then they ever had. Once she got a good view she quickly jumped to her feet, but became dizzy shortly after doing so. `My head. Wait. My head. What the hell is going on? But I thought. I."

"So you're awake now?" Jaken said standing at the foot of the bed.

"I thought I killed you!"

"You stupid girl. Lord Sesshomaru has the power to bring life to the dead."

"You ugly toad. Press your luck, and I'll kill you again. We'll see how much your master likes to revive you. I'm sure he'll grow tired of wasting his time." Kagome said, with a triumphant smile. Jaken's eyes grew wide as he heard the tone of the miko's voice. It was a tone that he'd only heard his master use. This resulted in him shivering in fear.

"My lord wishes for you to meet him downstairs. You are to play with the human child."

"Tell your lord that I am no toy of his, and if he wishes to speak to me he may come here and speak to me. But, I will not move from this room unless he is to release me."

`Stubborn human women. They act as if my lord owes them. If anything they owe my lord for sparing their miserable lives.' Jaken thought to himself as he exited the room.

"Jaken-sama! Jaken-sama!" Rin yelled running to the toad. "Will you play with Rin?"

"No. Now go away you stupid girl." Jaken said, continuing to walk down the long corridor.

"Ay. I wonder if the pretty lady will play with Rin."

Rin turned to the room Kagome was in, and turned the knob. She looked around before stepping in and closing the door behind her.

"Hello?" Rin said, looking around the room. "Is anyone in here?"

"Rin. What are you doing here?" Kagome said looking at the little girl. A warm smile was seen on her lips.

"I wanted to know if you could play with Rin."

"I'm sorry, Rin. But I'm in no condition to play with you."

"Are you not feeling well?"

"No. I'm afraid I'm not." Kagome said squatting down so she'd be at the girl's height level.

"Oh. Rin leave now then." She said with a sad smile.

"I'm sorry, Rin. But I will play with you. Okay?" Kagome said rubbing the girl's cheek softly. This caused Rin's mood to change. She smiled wide, and ran out of the room. `She's a sweet girl. How she could possibly stay happy living here with that cold emotionless bastard is beyond me. Speaking of which, where the hell is he, and why did he revive me?'

"So you are awake, human."

"Sesshomaru. Why the hell are you keeping me here? What is your purpose for extending my life?"

"Rin wishes you to stay alive. You will care for her for now on. When I leave this castle for business you will tend to her every need. Your miko powers should aid you if needed."

"And what if I wish to leave? You cannot keep me here against my will, Sesshomaru. I will leave this castle."

"If that's what you wish to do. But I assure you if you leave, you'll be lose everything you have."

"What do you mean, Sesshomaru? You've killed all of my friends. The jewel shards are all gone, and I can't even get back to my time. What else is there for you to take."

"Do you treasure that young fox's life?"

"Shippo? Where is he? What have you done to him, Sesshomaru?!"

"Ah. So now, do you accept my offer?" Kagome clenched her fists and gritted her teeth. He was truly crossing that line now. After all he'd taken from her, he had the audacity to do this.

"Yes. Sesshomaru. I accept your offer."

"Good. You can find your fox in Rin's chamber." Sesshomaru said before walking out the door. He stopped in the middle of the door and stared ahead before saying: "Perhaps you should gather all the facts before pointing the fingers of blame. Maybe if you look a little closer, you'd know who really has killed your friends."

Kagome watched as Sesshomaru disappeared down the corridor before silently thinking to herself.

`What? What does he mean? I watched him kill them. He killed them before my very eyes. I watched him stand over them as they died. He looked directly into my eyes as I cried over Inuyasha's body. So what does he mean? You killed my friends, Sesshomaru. And I will kill you for making them suffer.'

--------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------*

^-^ Muahahahhahaha. Someone is so gonna shoot me for constantly staring fics. But I can't help it. It's an addiction! Now…. I must go.

-Off to the bat cave-