InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Friendship to Love? ❯ The Merger ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha
 
Ring*… Ring*
 
Slam*
 
Kagome slammed her hand down on her alarm clock. `Why do I even keep that thing? One of these days that thing is going to be a pile a junk in a garbage can.'
 
After a minute or two of stretching, Kagome reluctantly got out of her bed. Walking over to her bathroom, she undressed and warmed up the bathwater. Moments later she got in and took a quick shower and then hurried into her bedroom.
 
`Hmm…I have that meeting with Us magazine today, so I should go with my white button up shirt and my long black skirt with the slit down the side. To go with that I need to wear my black stilettos.'
 
Once she was dressed and had her brief case, she headed outside to her black Spider 360.
 
Kagome couldn't help but feel nervous about this meeting, it was going to impact a big part of her future. The thing is, she has been working on getting a merger between Us magazine and All About You magazine for 3 years already. If she didn't get this merger, her company could lose its ranking as one of the top magazine companies in Japan.
 
“I need to talk to Inuyasha later today to see if he can look over the contract papers if we get the merger. I guess I will call him after work.”
 
Ten minutes later she arrived at All About You Corp. and headed into the lobby. Walking over to the receptionists desk, she asked if the people from Us magazine had arrived yet.
 
“No ma'am, but they did call and say that they would have to postpone the meeting until later today. They said that something very important popped up and is very sorry for any inconveniences.”
 
Once hearing that, Kagome got really pissed. `We have been planning this meeting for 3 months and something had to pop up today of all days!' Taking a deep breath, Kagome thanked the girl and headed to the elevators to get to her office.
 
`Think on the bright side Kagome, you don't have to wait until after work to call Inuyasha.' While she waited for the elevator to reach her floor, Kagome grabbed her cell phone from her purse and started dialing in Inuyasha's work number.
 
She felt the elevator stop and she got out and started heading to her office while she listened to the dial tone. After about three rings, Inuyasha's secretary picked up the phone.
 
“Hello, this is Inuyasha Takahashi's personal assistant, how may I help you?”
 
“Hello, this is Kagome Higurashi, is Inuyasha busy at the moment?”
 
“No, let me connect you to his person line, wait just a minute.”
 
“Ok,” Kagome turned her office door open and laid her brief case down beside her desk. She started turning on her computer when Inuyasha finally picked up the phone.
 
“Hey Kagome, what can I do for you this morning?”
 
“Hey Inu, I was wondering if you could come over to the office later today, maybe around 3:00 pm and look over the contract for my merger with Us magazine.”
 
“Sure Kags, I just have to finish up this report from my last case and then I should be able to stop by.”
 
“That's great, so what else do you have planned for today.”
 
“Not much, but I was wondering if you, Miroku and Sango wanted to come over to my place later.”
 
“That sounds great Inu, what exactly are you wanting us all over there for?”
 
“Nothing, I just haven't been able to see all of you guys together in a long time. So I just wanted everyone together so we can catch up.”
 
“No matter how convincing you may think you sound, you still sound like you have some ulterior motive to wanting us all together.”
 
“Whatever Kagome, believe what you want. I'll talk to you later, ok?”
 
“Ok, bye.”
 
Kagome hung up her cell and logged onto her computer. She has so much stuff to do today. First, she had to go over her presentation for the merger, and then she had to start working on the layouts and designs for this month's edition of All About You. Also she had to hire more photographers since this month's issue would be the first one as a merged company.
 
Kagome sighed. `So much work to do and so little time.' Picking up her brief case, she got the design layout and got to work putting it onto her computer.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
2:50 pm
 
Kagome looked at her clock and saw that it was almost time for meeting. Packing up the needed materials and shutting off her computer, she headed out of her office. When out of her office, she noticed a man with long silver hair and golden eyes and dog-ears on top of his head talking to her secretary.
 
Getting a sly look on her face, Kagome tiptoed over to the man and was about to surprise him when he suddenly turned around and caught her in a tight embrace. The man suddenly started laughing.
 
“Thought you could sneak up on me Kagome. You should know by now that that is impossible. I'm a inu-hanyou, I can smell you a mile away.”
 
“Well I thought that I would at least give it a try. You never know, I might be able to sneak up on you someday Inuyasha.”
 
Still laughing, Inuyasha set Kagome back down on the ground but still kept his arms around her.
 
“Kagome, I've known you for almost 20 years. I highly doubt you could do anything to surprise me. Besides, since I've known you so long, I have your scent memorized, oh, and because you are always so predictable.”
 
Kagome pouted. `I am not predictable, I just let my emotions show more than other people.'
 
Inuyasha shook his head. “Whatever Kagome, so where are those contracts that you were wanting me to look at?”
 
Kagome rummaged through her brief case for a minute before drawing the contracts out. She looked to make sure that they were all there before handing them over to Inuyasha.
 
“Now that you have those, we should go into the conference room and wait for the people to get here.”
 
“Ok, lead the way.” Inuyasha said while following Kagome through a few passageways before finally reaching the conference room.
 
Kagome pointed to a chair that Inuyasha could sit at, and then sat down herself. After about 10 minutes of looking through the contracts, the door opened and Kagome's secretary led the people from Us magazine into the room.
 
Once everyone was seated in their respected seats, Kagome stood up to give them a greeting. “Hello, my name is Kagome Higurashi and this is my lawyer Inuyasha Takahashi. He is here to go over the contracts and help answer any legal questions you may have concerning this merger.”
 
The people nodded and then one stood up and introduced himself as Kurumi Tamagachi.
 
“We have agreed to meet with you because we believe that you are a very excellent magazine that holds truth and value to it. We suspect that if this merger goes through, both of our companies will benefit greatly.”
 
Kagome nodded. “I agree completely. So...shall we begin?”
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
*2 hours later*
 
Inuyasha and Kagome stood up and shook hands with Kagome's new business partners.
 
“Thank you so much. This merger is going to work out perfectly.” Kagome couldn't help smiling. `Omg, I got the merger. I got the merger.'
 
Kurumi and the others left right after and then Kagome ran over and jumped into Inuyasha's arms.
 
“I got the merger. Thank you so much Inuyasha, I couldn't have done it without you!”
 
“Yea your right, you couldn't have.” Inuyasha grinned when he saw Kagome pouting at him.
 
“I'm just kidding Kags, you were great in there. You has them eating out of the palm of your hand.”
 
“Thanks Inu, you were great too. So...I will see you later tonight.”
 
“K, bye Kagome.” Inuyasha then walked back to the elevators to leave.
 
Kagome gathered all of her stuff then headed down stairs to go home. While driving home, she couldn't help wondering, `I wonder what's going to happen later at Inu's house?'
 
 
 
I will try and write another chapter soon, so please review and if you have any ideas, please tell me*
 
Sesslover9