InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Gangs-R-Us ❯ Part 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Hey everyone!! I know I haven't updated this story in a while but I had encouragement and I just had some of that great and lovely inspiration! I also wanted to thank my unofficial editor Jamie! You're a lifesaver! I hope you enjoy the this chappy from my heart!!!! It's a very random story from my random personaily. So people who like that stuff, send a review my way, it'd be most appreciated! Also tell me any editing problems and I'll fix it. I swear I edit, I just get everything sometimes….or more like most times. (grumbles) (randomly smiles big) Have fun and enjoy!

 

 

Disclaimer:

Me: Nopers, sorry to disappoint....but I don't own the show/manga/multimedia sensation that is Inuyasha.

Inuyasha: Thank you!!! Thank you very much!! I know I'm amazing and powerful and....

Kagome: Sit!!!!

Inuyasha: Oi!!! *crash*

Me: *rolls on the ground laughing* Yes, and oh how the powerful crumble fast.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Part IV

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

They had strode like one, in to the crowding room and immediately looked for a decent place to sit and have lunch. Oddly enough as Kagome looked around for some less anti-social eating arrangements, she noticed a big sign practically screaming, "Hey dude look at me!" On the wall that the huge sign deemed the echoing room `CAFETORIUM'. It had to be somewhere between the cross of a cafeteria and an auditorium….like some weird mating or something ahe had to guess. When she started to ask why in Kami's name the school was so strange, Miroku just gave a charming grin and jabbed a thumb in a direction for her eyes to locate a dusty, dank theatre in the back of the eating space.

 

"So you eat and have a stage here? And what is with the wannabe art and murals and the walls?" She grimaced as she looked at the paintings that seemed like a dog threw up all over the walls on the far end with a lovely mix of horrid greens, oranges and yellows in what looked like was supposed to be a forest scene. Maybe a potential Fall forest theme. Yeah, a Fall forest that got attacked by aliens, burned down with laser beams till only ashes remained only to grow again all mutated and.…and…wow it still looked like a dog had it's way with it no matter how someone looked at it. Keep in mind it must have had to have been a pretty big dog...like a Great Dane...or...

 

Geez! what had made her ADHD all of the sudden. It must had been all the preppy O2 she was breathing in that place all day. She just couldn't keep her mind on a single sane idea. Of, course it could just be her. She always did have strange thoughts at the most inopportune times. Like right then as they made their way across the back of the large room she was thinking how much one of the guys from the band 98 Degrees looked a lot like a stump she saw in the woods one time.

 

She shook her head and tried to focus on seating once more. She almost had to squint at all the bright, fake blondes she saw and tables....whoa the tables!

 

 

 

"Why are your tables octagons?! And why don't ya'll eat outside at all? Are those really festive tablecloths? Are you kidding me? And you have centerpieces too? Gimme a break! Holy Moses! I think I actually saw vase of sunflowers at the 'Pink O'kami' table over there! No really look! Ok that stage in the corner is really weird, and it looks like it hasn't ever been used." She said in a flurry of mixed, jumbled thoughts ending in a slightly wry tone.

 

Sango just winked after she laughed at Kagome's confusion and opted to answer her last comment. "Nope we just pretend the stage isn't there and save space by eating in here and just ignore it. I know it's a little funny, but..."

 

"Can we get off this subject! Kami! It's not that big a deal! Its only a stage in a room that has people eating in it too. And how come you are hyper all of the sudden?....Oi!" He shouted as Kagome reached up and pinched his ear strong enough to pull him successfully to eye level.

 

"Lookie here you! I'm just curious so there is no need to get all pissy on me just cuz your PMS-ing! It's actually quite sad for the little booger! I mean the stage that is...loooook at it. It's so alone and saaaad, I think I can hear it crying. 'Oh, Inuyasha come a sit on meeeee'----"

 

At her touch the potentially pride wounded Hanyou, who wasn't used to female contact at all, jerked up and swallowed a yelp when Kagome's fingers didn't comply and let go till a second too late. The still laughing Miroku and Sango then watched in amazement as Kagome fell against him in the sudden movement causing both their faces to come within an inch of each other. Having both arms bracing against his chest and body pressed against his, Kagome stared up at him wide-eyed for just a moment before realizing her place and predicament. Both faces went red in an instant and she backed away brushing her clothes off hurriedly yet unnecessarily.

"I still don't know why there a freaking stage in a cafeteria...geezzzz...cafetorium...what a joke"

 

She said preoccupied with the sudden thought of a silver-haired, bare-chested male flashing through her brain as they started to the back of the room to the smaller tables. All the while with Miroku singing "K-I-S-S-I-N-G" lightly in the background of the two embarrassed persons. That of course earned him a swat from everyone other than Sango who was still laughing at Kagome from behind her hand. However that doesn't mean Miroku got a fist in the face when he decided to feel her up as they sat down.

 

Kagome looked over at Inuyasha as they moved to sit and when she caught his eye by accident he scowled and gave her his version of the 'Hanyou evil-eye'. She just stuck her tongue at him in reply while giving him the ever so lovely and popular finger. At that he gaped like a fish out of water and growled slightly while crossing his arms gruffly and turning his head in a flurry of white hair. Ah, she knew that this new past time of annoying him would be most enjoyable.

 

For some reason the familiar thought of that same bare-chested man came into her mind's eye once more except this time with more clear tone and muscle the she looked at him. She found she had to avert her eyes as they sat down at the far end table, away from most occupied ones, to keep her mind from naughty involuntary thoughts. She looked everywhere but her companions so to ease the blush that had started to stain her smooth cheeks.

 

As they settled both Miroku and Sango rose again to go into the lunch line. Kagome just pulled out a bag of plain potato chips and began to munch as she watched Sango and Miroku go for the long lines at the venders. She considered them pretty brave as she witnessed some students that had started to punch and kick for spots in line and she prayed a silent prayer for their safely. Then she realized how stupid such an idea was and stopped, realizing once again how brainless the school was.

 

Gawking as a person would gaze at fish in a bowl or animals at the zoo, she looked around at the sad excuse for this world's younger generations. She really wondered if they actually taught any common sense at that school as she heard a girl comment on how she refused to eat hot dogs because they were man's best friends.

 

She realized then, that she was one of the only sane people in this school of cleaned, preened monster teens. She giggled at her clever little rhyme in which of course caught the attention, unbeknownst to her, of the silver-haired Hanyou across from her.

 

He gazed at her from the corner of his eyes and noticed more closely, her fit build. She wasn't the sickly skinny that he witnessed day in and day out from most of the starving Tommy Hilfigure whores he saw at that school. However she wasn't no WWE wrestler either. She was what most likely could be described as an attractive lean, and toned in a feminine way. He could see that under the tight black top she was sporting, there was a small bulge of muscle that was present and wondered if she did any weight lifting on purpose. She most likely just did some girly aerobics class, or some fitness tae-bo. There was no way she could fight or anything. Girls just didn't do things like that. Oh, how wrong he was.

 

Kagome watched 'cafeteria life' and noticed how sparse the actual food lines were and how dense the vending machine lines were. Kagome knew by the looks of it that even if this school was rich, no one would dare be caught in the food lines with the crusty, mole sporting lunch ladies that called you "sweetie" and "dearie". If they really did value the so called 'valuable' reputations of the school they would never step even close to the dripping ladles of the "mystery soup" served that day.

 

She looked around and saw, once again the tops of bobbing bleached blonde and fake colored heads swimming in the sea of people. If it wasn't straightened and perfectly combed then it was gelled and sticking in the most perfect alignments. Yes, that was an Abrocrombie & Fitch magazine for ya, just no naked people. Well, not yet anyway.

 

It was like they thought looks mattered more than life itself. They probably thought that `daddy' would kill them too if they ever got a `C' or lower in a class. Kagome shook her head wearily, "Those poor shmucks…"

 

She knew from experience, the Real World wasn't made up of high GPAs or whether little "Sally" hated little "Mary's" guts. Or if hunky "Brad" had the hots for the little skank "Julie" in the steamy Jacuzzi……whoa. Besides the fact that those were the absolute worst analogy name ever, she had to mentally slap herself for actually recalling an actual popular MTV show in the mix of her supposedly sensible thoughts. She had to sigh at her complete hopelessness.

 

Inuyasha heard her forlorn sigh and gave her a raised eye-brow and acknowledged her with a questioning glance. In which she admiringly returned in a ready, breathy reply. "Don't worry dog-boy!!! Just remember to always save the alpacas!!! They're in danger ya know!"

 

She found herself giggling once more uncontrollably. It was like being in that Gap commercial rejection of a school was affecting her hormones. She really liked being carefree and silly in a way she hadn't been since she was ten and all that crap had started happening in her life. She used to say the most random things before her gang, and now she found herself once again in the habit. She could just hear his confused thoughts. She was going to milk this high school life for all it was worth.

 

To her strange request he sputtered uncharacteristically and just gave her the queerest look. She giggled slightly then she stopped fast to again slap herself, except this time physically on the hand earning her another slightly worried look from her Hanyou pal.

 

She was getting nowhere fast and since she had no emotional attachments to 98.87 percent of the people sitting in that room presently, she stood and winked to Inuyasha as he watched her with narrowing eyes.

 

She went to the back corner of the room where even though it was the back of the large 'cafetorium', many of the tables were aligned to face that particular back wall. She turned and looked at the dusty stage floor and dark curtain. The curtain seemed to have been a once deep royal purple but was now a depressing mauve color.

 

She dramatically tsked and stepped lightly and daintily onto the stage. She turned around with her back facing the tables and people in the room and smiled triumphantly when the room seemed to hush at he feat. She grinned wider at the sound of curious whispers and distressed tones going on behind her. She turned around and dusted her shoulder in that street way of "dissing" anyone around her. You know just for the fun of drama.

 

She then walked to the edge of the stage and sat down smiling gleefully while people passing to get to their tables stared at her in curious fascination. She noticed several preppy hoties were looking her way in interest, which of course made her want to throw up...only in her throat of course.

 

She stood up once more rocking back and forth on the balls of her feet. Suddenly she caught Miroku's and Sango's eyes and they walked up to her and looked up as Sango spoke in a bewildered whisper. "What are you doing up there Kagome? Everyone's staring at you!"

 

Sango thought the girl was secretly so cool, but she didn't want her knew found friend and only other sane girl in the school, to get suspended because she didn't understand the rules.

 

"Oh, yeah. I guess they are." She waved hugely at all that were looking and turned her head back down to Sango. "Let's eat up here! I don't see any teachers or administrators who really care, so come on and I'll help ya up!"

 

Sango looked hesitant for a second and Kagome knew just the sentence that would push her over. "It would really piss those Barbies at table 'Hilton' over there if we were suddenly the center of gossip." She jabbed a slender digit in the direction of annoying hisses that were being thrown their way at the moment from those same girls.

 

At that Sango knew she had been played but didn't care as she pulled Miroku, who was smiling widely at all the curious girls who passed them, up and sat cross legged in the dusty floor.

 

Kagome had started to lean against a fake pillar, that seemed to be a previous production prop, when she noticed Inuyasha still staring over at them from the far corner table. She walked to the far left of the stage and stood on her tippy-toes and waved melo-dramatically too him, even though she knew he could see her perfectly. And even though she knew he could hear better than a normal human, she took a big breath and shouted with her hands around her mouth smirking wide.

 

"Hey.....YOU!!! INUYASHA!!! YEAH YOU!!! IT WOULDN'T BE A PARTY WITH OUT YOU, YOU SEXY THANG!!!! DON'T PLAY HARD TO GET NOW!!! YOU KNOW I WANTCHA BABY!!!! COME ON OVER!!! COME ONNNN!!!"

 

The whole time she was yelling she watched in sweet satisfaction as the attention was shifted his way and everyone saw to whom she was shouting at. At the sudden attention shift, his ears involuntarily flickered down on top of his head and he stood up in slight defense. She could hear him but she could probably guess he was growling by the look in his eyes at all the stares he was currently receiving.

 

But at her invitation she watched him gruffly walk in paced steps over to them while muttering something under his breath about psycho new girls. She knew he wasn't trying to let her get to him, and she wouldn't have it any other way. That big softy had started to grow on her and she wanted to have some fun.

 

She was grinning like a fool when he finally came around the last tables to them. However she didn't smile nearly as big till she saw a tight grin tugging at the corner of his own mouth and an interesting twinkle in his eye as he teasingly looked up at her when he finally came up to the abandoned theater.

 

"Yeah wench, so you got everyone's undivided attention. You happy?"

 

"Oh, you have no idea `sweet thang'" She using what she had just said against him while She then bent over and pulled at his fringe. This in turn, he of course pulled back causing her to toppled over the edge in an moment of chaos.

 

Miroku and Sango watched for the second time an a period of only about 40 minutes, as the two embraced involuntarily. Inuyasha caught her firmly in his arms because he wasn't about to let her fall, even though he didn't know why. He just couldn't let the poor wench fall and get hurt. Kagome had grasped at him as she fell, for support in a seemingly suggestive way, albeit innocent in the situation. She didn't realize what had really happened till she registered the firm chest against her once more.

 

He set her down easily and shook his head while she pulled from him quickly in embarrasment.

 

She giggled in obvious embarrassment, surprising herself once more at her girlish behavior, and put a finger to her mouth in a thoughtful expression. Sh just had to shake the mood up again!

 

"I dunno…. you know I was thinking...." She spared him a glance as he jumped in a single movement up onto the platform and he laughed. "You? Thinking? Ouch!"

 

"Ha..ha… yes pigs are now flying outside the window you duchebag! Honestly!" Grumbling as they laughed at her in friendly conversation while she raised her self back onto the stage.

 

" Like I was saying! I think that we should eat up here every day. It just more, I dunno, enjoyable." She exclaimed tweaking his nose in a quick movement.

 

At that she heard the hushed voices grow to harsh whispers suddenly and she looked and found his face an attractive pink. She twirled preppy like and bent over to Sango in a mock voice.

 

"Like, Oh my God, it looks like I just like created like yet another like scandal...like...like....heehee! Wow being preppy is exhausting! No wonder Jessica Simpson is so skinny! She must burn a million carbs a day!" She exclaimed as Sango choked as she laughed while trying got swallow.

 

Sango snorted and supposedly said, "Yewah, thab woban is wooooo pkinny I could snapk ker in wa instwant."

 

 

Kagome snickered. "From what I caught, you could snap her in an instant? Yeah but she could still probably beat up her hubby Nick up anyway. He maybe be hot but he couldn't even punch a hole through a wall."

 

"Heh. Like you could wench." Came the sarcastic voice behind her. She turned a twitching an eyebrow his way.

 

"Uh, yeah and you say that cuz I'm a girl right? Well lemme tell you mister--"

 

However just as she was about to tell him a very interesting tale of a mix of woman rights and burning bras in the sixties in America she was cut of by a painfully familiar voice.

 

"Kagome?!?! Master Kagome is it really you?!?"

 

She turned around as her eyebrow twitched yet again unnoticed. She could barley hear Inuyasha's sudden growl erupt when her own jaw dropped and her cry filled the comically named room, that she couldn't think of at that moment for her brain went into overload at that moment.

 

"Kouga?!? Wha.....!!!!"

 

 

 

 

LOL!! I hope you liked it!!! It is my baby a long with all my other stories of course! Katie I hope you liked the WWE reference! It was for you!!! ^_^;;;; Oh, and for the record `cafetorium' is spelled right. I have seen the sign way too many times! God Bless!! Please review!! (grovels on the ground)

 

R&R!!!!