InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Ghost Of You ❯ One-Shot

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: I do not own the Inuyasha cast or Ghost of You.
 
AN: Italics are the song.
 
Ghost of You
 
“Inuyasha! INUYASHA!” Kagome cried as she jolted out of her bed covered in a cold sweat.
 
She had been home for the past few days. She was pale and her weight had dropped slightly. She hadn't eaten anything since it happened. They had finally beaten Naraku, but the cost…
 
“Inuyasha…” she said quietly, tears falling down her face.
 
I will wait until the end
When the pendulum will swing back
To the darker side of our hearts bleeding
I will save this empty space
Next to me like it's a grave
Where I lay a place for us to sleep eternally together
 
Kagome picked up the picture her mother took just a few weeks before. She remembered how Inuyasha was reluctant to get in the picture and how she teased him about being camera shy, even if cameras didn't exist in the Feudal Era.
 
She held the picture close to her heart.
 
I have been
Searching for
Traces of
What we were
A ghost of you
Is all I have left
Is all I have left of you to hold
I wake in the night to find there's no one there but me
And nothing of what we were at all
 
Kagome went to the well house. She kept looking into the well, thinking Inuyasha would come through screaming at her for just disappearing like that.
 
“Inuyasha,” she mumbled softly as she buried her face into his kimono.
 
So here I am passing around this house again
With pictures of us living on these walls
I see my breath in the cold of the air that I breathe and I'm wondering
I'm wondering if it's you that I feel, if it's you that I feel here
Haunting me forever
 
I have been
Searching for
Traces of
What we were
A ghost of you
Is all I have left
Is all I have left of you to hold
I wake in the night to find there's no one there but me
And nothing of what we were at all
 
Although she didn't want to, Kagome had to go back inside. It was too cold to stay out any longer.
 
She sat on her bed, huddled in Inuyasha's kimono. Tears streamed down her face and onto the robe made of fire rat fur.
 
“Inuyasha…”
 
And I'm not looking for
Anything but us
Anything but what we were
And I'm not asking for
Any memories
I only want to know you're here
 
A ghost of you
Is all that I have left
Is all that I have left of you to hold
I wake in the night to find there's no one there but me
And nothing of what we were at all
 
“Inuyasha… you can't be gone…” she whispered. “Inuyasha… I love you, Inuyasha!”
 
Kagome…
 
Kagome snapped up. Was she hearing things?
 
Kagome…
 
This time she was sure she didn't imagine it.
 
A ghost of you
Is all that I have left
Is all that I have left of you to hold
I wake in the night to find there's no one there but me
And nothing of what we were at all
 
Kagome looked up at her window. Tears filled her eyes. Inuyasha wasn't there.
 
She couldn't stand it anymore; she had to get out of her room. She went down to the stairs, still holding the kimono and picture close to her.
 
She entered the kitchen and grabbed a soda from the fridge. She was about to open it when she felt a hand on her shoulder.
 
“Inuyasha?” she thought and turned around. It was only her mother.
 
Kagome couldn't exactly hear what she was saying, she was far too dazed. She walked out of the kitchen and outside; she couldn't take her mother's inaudible rant. She stopped and looked up at the sacred tree.
 
Kagome…
 
Kagome had given up, her imagination was running wild. “Stop it, Kagome. Just stop it,” she said as she cried into the kimono.
 
Then Kagome froze. Strong arms had just wrapped around her. She quickly turned around and there was Inuyasha. He was battle worn, he looked weak, but he was there.
 
“Inuyasha…” Kagome muttered weakly, not believing her eyes at first.
 
Before Kagome could think, Inuyasha pressed his lips on hers. Kagome was shocked at first, but she then kissed him back.
 
Inuyasha broke the kiss and looked into Kagome's eyes. “I love you too, Kagome,” he said as he collapsed into Kagome's arms.
 
Kagome held Inuyasha and draped his kimono over him and lightly kissed his ears. “Thank you, love.”