InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Gift From the Moon ❯ The Beginning ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hi I'm new here so be nice and review please. This story will revolve around Shesshomaru.
 
M.W.
 
Gift from the Moon
Chapter 1
The Beginning
 
Among the Inu clan was a dog demon who took on a cat demon for his mate. Soon after they mated, they were blessed with a beautiful baby girl demon that was half cat demon and half dog demon. Even though her name was Shirahime, no one in the clan knew her by any other name, but Neko. Now from birth it was announced Neko was bethored to Lord Shesshomaru, who was born just days before her. Shesshomaru was the son of the pack leader.
 
At first it meant little to the demon children. However, as they grew and discovered who they and each other were, the idea of being bethored to one another became an unpleasant idea. Shesshomaru did not want to mate anyone who was only half inu. Neko was not found of Shesshomaru and his cold hearted ways.
 
Neko was extremely beautiful. She had long silver white hair that had a blue tint to it. She also had eerie blue eyes. Like most members of the pack, Neko had extremely elfish like ears that she decorated with an assortment of earrings. Around her right eye was the outline of a blue heart. However, that was only when the sun shone on her flesh. When the moon rose, her hair turned pitch black and eyes became blood red. Her heart shape marking disappeared and was replaced by red claw marks on her left cheek. Neko was a dog demon by day but a cat demon by night.
 
Now it came to be that the pack leader's demon wife died, and he took on a human mate. Soon the pack leader had two sons, one a half demon, Inuyasha. Neko found she was very fond of the young demon and took to watching him as he slept. Even as he became older, Neko would watch and protect him from the other demon children. Shesshomaru had made it clear that even he did not accept his brother, but still Neko came to like the young pup. Maybe it was because she also was not accepted.
 
Few creatures outside her parents, the pack leader, and his sons ever saw Neko when she was a cat. And she was happy because of that fact. Even though Shesshomaru gave her problems, Neko lived an otherwise peaceful life. Until her parents were murdered one day. In demon years, she and Shesshomaru were teenagers. Inuyasha was no older than ten.
 
“Shesshomaru, you can't be so cruel to your little brother,” Neko said. Shesshomaru had been ordered by his father to walk her home after the lessons that Neko and Shesshomaru had together.
 
The full dog demon growled at the half dog, half cat demon. “Call me Lord Shesshomaru.”
 
“That's what Jaken is for,” Neko said with her nose in the air. “Do you smell that?”
 
“Blood!” the two teenagers said at the same time. Shesshomaru took off running at full speed. Neko tried to go as fast as she could in her kimono, which wasn't very fast since her leg movement. Shesshomaru came back to her right before Neko got to her home.
 
“Stay here and don't move. I'm going to get my Father,” Shesshomaru said before running off.
 
Neko disobeyed him and ran off the rest of the way to find her parents lying dead in the garden. She stood there for a few moments. Her father's sword was still in his hand. The sword had been forged by his fang by Master Toutosai. The same unusual man who had forged the Tetsusaiga and Tensaiga.
 
She took it and cut the skirts of her kimono up to her knees before she took off running, faster than she had ever gone before.
 
Shesshomaru searched for Neko as his father and the other men searched for the murders. When he got back home, Inuyasha looked hopeful that Neko would be staying with him. His older half-brother smacked him and said to never speak of Neko again, she was dead. Ten year old Inuyasha obeyed his brother's wishes, but swore to never stop looking for Neko until he found her. What Inuyasha didn't realize was that Shesshomaru had promised the same thing.