InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Going Against the Flow ❯ The Malevolent Results ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Disclaimer: Go back to chapter one if you please.

A/N: I'm on to chapter three, and the reason why I'm having very fast updates is because these stories have been written already. All I did was edit them. I haven't completed them, so after a while the updates will get much slower. So, let's get on with this already!!!

~*~Against the Flow

Chapter 3

The Malevolent Results

~*~Kagome awoke, her morning amnesia hit her at full blast, and she actually managed to smile tiredly as she stretched and yawned. And then she remembered... everything. Including the awful betrayal of Inuyasha... and she had had to hear the words coming out of the lips of Kikyo, no less.

Kagome got up resignedly and proceeded to go to the bathroom, before Souta slammed the door in her face. With a sigh, she made her way to her mom's private bathroom and had to listen to the frequent complaints issued from the room next to it.

"Kagome, you have to hurry! I'm going to be late for work!"

"Coming, mom."

When she finished her early toiletries, and managed to slip into her fuku and tie, she sat down in a chair and quickly took a few bites of her bread and marmalade.

"Kagome, since you're not drinking your-."

"Sure, Souta. You can have it." And with that said, she jumped the steps of the shrine and scrambled onto her bike. She had a feeling that today wasn't going to be any better than the others that she had experienced before.

Kagome was just running up the flight of stairs to get to her first class, Math, when she bumped into none other than Miroku.

"Good evening, Miss Kagome. I have a very serious question for you."

Making sure that her reluctance to talk to him was quite clear, she replied stingily, "Yes?"

He clasped her fingers in his and then leant towards her, "Kagome, will you bear my child?"

Kagome stood very still for a few moments, she was quite shocked... "What?!"

Hastily, Miroku amended, "Nothing, nothing. I was just joking. I was on my way back to my locker to get my forgotten Math book... and then as he was passing, he brushed his hands somewhat lower down her back then she would have liked, and she stood even more rigid than before. She sweat-dropped.

She was just about to beat the living daylights out of him when two things happened at the same time. The bell rung and Sango got to him first.

*WHACK*

*CRASH*

*BOOM*

Sango and Kagome trotted happily away to math class, and Miroku was just starting to get up (with dazed eyes), "Now that's my kind of woman!" Can you guess who he was talking about?

Inuyasha stopped dead when he came across the fallen Miroku, "What happened to you?"
"Someone was affected negatively by my ministrations."

"Oh! That's a surprise!"

Miroku missed the heavily placed note of sarcasm and reinforced the comment with a shocked, "I know!" With a moment's pause, he added almost inaudibly, "I'll win you yet, Sango."

"But why would you want her? What about the me and Kagome thing? Aren't you and Sango supposed to be enemies too?"

"Well, I was thinking about that and... I've decided that I can fraternize with the enemy and her charming best friend, and vice versa for the lovely Sango."

"Idiot!"

"Well, I'm soo-rry!"

"Whatever."

Everyone in the class (including the teacher) looked up to see Inuyasha and Miroku coming into the room. Inuyasha walked in, fashionably late, and was allowed to saunter into the room with pride, as was Miroku.

Kagome gnashed her teeth together as she remembered how everyone had glared at her, just daring her to complain, when Miroku had made her late. She and Sango were excused of course, when they told the teacher about talking to Miroku, but all eyes were still glowering as Kagome had slumped into her seat.

Kagome fumbled for her pencil, someone had taken it. She felt a pair of eyes on her back and new instantly that Yumi had been the one. Kagome stared at her until she was forced to look away from her powerful gaze. But when Kagome turned, she found that someone was still watching her. She turned expectantly, planning on hitting Yumi later, when she realized that instead of dull, brown eyes looking at her, there were bright amber ones. Both she and Inuyasha looked away with a blush. 'What is wrong with me? I can't be shy... I have no reason to be!'

'Why was I staring at her? There's something that draws me to her, some hidden force. She has good karma... THAT MUST BE IT!'

Kikyo watched from the other side of the and frowned. Hadn't her scheme worked? What was going on? She'd have to wreak even more havoc!

Being careful not to break a nail, Kikyo rolled up a wad of tissue paper and aimed it at Kagome's head... this was going to be sweet! Kikyo licked her lips in anticipation.

But out of the corner of her eye, Kagome saw this, and she knew her ex-best friend well. Getting ready for what was coming, she quickly dropped her textbook on the ground and bent down, just as the paper ball flew towards her. Unfortunately, Kikyo was two desks to the left of Kagome, and Inuyasha was two desks to the right; and as Kagome went down, Sango, sensing something, bent down also. (She was directly beside Kagome.)

Inuaysha was facing the other direction, and by the time he heard the whistle of something in the air, it had already hit him squarely on one of his hyper-sensitive ears.

Kikyo saw Inuyasha whip around in a flash. That plan had gone wrong. Inuyasha was shooting daggers at her with two burning orbs of anger. His fangs hung over his lip cutely, and Kikyo shuddered to think how she had overlooked how sharp they were. Her eyes drifted down involuntarily to his claws.

Momentarily, she held her breath, 'Oh, am I in for it now.'

Immediately she blamed her predicament on, firstly, Kagome, and secondly, Sango. She would make them pay!

'But first I've got to deal with Inuyasha... who knew he had such a bad temper? I'll have to soften the blow somehow.'

Kikyo took out her makeup mirror, she was planning on making him notice how she pretty she was. But one glance at his sour face, and she decided to change her plan. She looked at Kagome; she was staring back with almost spiteful glee.

'That's it!'

She waited until after to execute her new idea.

As she stepped out of the room and into the bustling hallway, she felt someone grab her arm.

"What's the big deal?"

"Inuyasha?"

"Oh, don't you "Inuyasha" me! I know that you're the one who threw the tissue at me."

"No, I don't think you do." She said this calmly and in such a way that Inuyasha was beginning to doubt himself. "For you see... I saw the flash of the tissue as it was thrown toward you, although it was too fast and I was too stricken with sadness to warn you... and I'm pretty sure that it came from the direction of Kagome."

"Do you have any proof?"

'Why am I defending Kagome? I shouldn't need proof... Kikyo's word is good enough me! But it's not...'

"Well... no... but... I'm pretty sure-," but she had to stop, because Inuyasha had already turned heel and was chatting away with Miroku. She scowled darkly and everyone avoided her, which served to make her bad mood even worse. She felt very unpopular that day and couldn't understand why Inuyasha and Kagome weren't separated yet.

Well, if two of her plans had failed, the third time was always a charm, and she still hadn't exacted her revenge on Sango and Kagome. Public humiliation was her specialty.

Yes... it was right up her alley...

Sango leaned back against her locker impatiently, wondering where Kagome could possibly be. She suspiciously looked around her; people were starting to gather around her locker area... this didn't look good.

Finally, Kagome made her appearance, and she looked tired but relatively happy for once. [A/N: Can you guess who she was thinking about?]

"So, Sango, what are we doing again?"

"We're going to the library to study in peace, the study hall is chaotic right about now. Everyone's admiring Inuyasha's... smooth... biceps..." She knew it was mean of her, but she just couldn't resist toying with Kagome's emotions. It was a best friend's job!

"What?" Kagome's eyes were starting to glaze over, but her moment of paradise was quenched by a small glimpse of Kikyo's calculating stare out of the corner of her eye. All of a sudden, the prospect of triggering a prank came to her mind, but she tried her best to get back to her primary feelings bliss.

"Ignorance is bliss I suppose, isn't it?" Both friends turned as Kikyo spoke. She had the edge to her voice that suggested something mildly frightening.

"Okay, what are you planning?" When Kikyo took her 'sweet' time, Sango continued, "And hurry up, would you? We kind of need to get somewhere."

"Nothing, nothing... just continue on with your boring lives." She rolled her eyes and everyone laughed.

Kagome and Sango opened their lockers simultaneously and a torrent of balloons filled with a murky brown liquid erupted on them. Slips of paper that were kept in the balloons fell out and said, 'I am LOSER, here me ROAR!!!' And judging by Kagome's scream, the liquid wasn't exactly pleasant to taste or smell. [A/N: Her mouth was open, and Sango's was too.]

"Ugh! What is this?!"

"Oh, that? Well, by my guess, it's mud..." Kagome noticed that there was one balloon that had fell gentler then the others. She grasped it in one sopping wet sleeve, and walked up to Kikyo.

She brought it down heavily on Kikyo's hair.

After exacting her revenge with dignity, she looked around, daring anyone to laugh any further or make any negative comments. It was very effective. Satisfied with her work, Kagome resolved not to let it bother her, at least she had gotten Kikyo in trouble with Inuyasha by ducking.

But Sango was a different story, she was spluttering with rage. Kagome had no idea what to do... but it seemed that it couldn't be helped, Sango would just deal with it herself. In the meantime, Kagome was waiting for payback time. The moment when Inuyasha confronted Kikyo and beat the crap out of her. So she just salvaged as many things as she could from her locker and left the mess for the caretakers... hey, it was their job!

After washing her hands and face and cleaning out her mouth, she chewed on a couple of tic tacs and jumped into her jacket. If no-one knew that she was wearing nothing but under-clothes underneath she'd be safe, right?

Wrong.

Kagome was walking down the halls and met up with Sango who looked agitated.

"What's up, Sango?"

"Inuyasha's after you... and he doesn't look very happy."

"Um, so?"

"He's pretty scary when mad... but, don't get me wrong. I'm not worried about myself... because I could beat him up any day. Could you?"

"I'll take care of him." She said more confidently then she felt... He was a dog demon after all... "But why is he after me? I didn't do anything to him."

"Kikyo."

That's all she needed to say, Kagome understood perfectly. She was screwed.

"But can't you stay with me?"

"Sorry... I had to... change into my coat and... well-"

"I get it. I'm in the same situation. Let me guess... Miroku?"

"Uh-huh. Don't even get me started on that perverted low-life!" But a faint blush was tinting her cheeks and Kagome was surprised.

'She likes the pervert?'

"Uh... Sango... do you like him?"

"I guess- I mean! I... NO!"

"Su-ure." She shook her head contemptuously. "Whatever you say..."

"Oh stop it! I'm leaving!" Then she added softly, "Good luck with Inuyasha."

"'Kay. See 'ya!"

"Bye!"

Just as Sango was leaving, another person stepped into her view, and this one wasn't nearly as welcome... "Inuyasha?"

"Don't even call me by my name! I'm just a dog to you... don't even speak to me. I only came here to tell you that if you throw another thing at me I won't hesitate to hurt you. I hate your guts."

"I never called you a dog! But now it's obvious that you are one! You are such a hypocrite, Mister. I-Like-Talking-Behind-Kagome's-Back."

"And what if I do?"

Kagome didn't even reply. All she did was step forward and smack him across the face. She was majorly fed up, she had just started sprinting away, when Inuyasha- being the demon he was- caught up in a flash.

"Let go!"

"No!" And so saying, he tugged harder on the sleeve of her jacket, realizing the consequentions of this action, Kagome tried in vain to hold the buttons of her jacket together. Finally they came apart and Inuyasha let go immediately.

They both blushed and froze, Inuyasha was staring at Kagome's face nervously... and then his gaze slipped.

*smack!*

*kick!*

*whack!*

*sho ve!*

"HENTAI!"

By the time it was all over, Inuyasha was lying on the floor with stars in his eyes ( well, Inuyasha... you had it coming!) and Kagome was walking away as if nothing had happened.

But one pissed off Kikyo was watching from behind a corner.

'Time for a new plan!'

All Inuyasha could think of was midnight-black hair and gray-blue eyes.

And Kagome... well, let's just say that silvery-white hair and golden eyes weren't far from her train of thought.

Did you like that? The next chapter will be called: Leaders and Wannabes. And what will happen? Maybe, just maybe, Kagome will be becoming more popular?