InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Going Against the Flow ❯ Leaders and Wannabes ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Disclaimer: No, I do not own Inuyasha. Although I wish I do!

A/N: If you like my works of fan fiction, visit fictionpress or fanfiction.net and search up the author frostfae or Frost Fae.

~*~Against the Flow

Chapter 4

Leaders and Wannabes

~*~Kagome snuggled into her covers with a book, she couldn't help but think of Inuyasha. Why, in the middle of ranting at her, had he been... perverted?

Did he... like her? Or was that just him?

Even as she propped open 'The Third Magic', she kept on wondering about the inner Inuyasha, and whether he was deeper than he seemed on the outside. She just hoped that he wouldn't grow shallow by hanging around Kikyo.

She shuddered as she brushed a tendril of hair from her shoulders. And now she had a new resolution... she was going to make sure that Kikyo didn't prevail and that people started to like her once more... and the only way to make sure of that was to: a) dress nicely and refrain from wearing the comfortable, yet unfashionable sweatpants and sweatshirt that she always wore; b) to be nicer to Inuyasha, and c) her favourite choice, to make Kikyo look bad. And it was going to be a 'casual day' tomorrow, so she could strut her stuff immediately.

But, in spite of her misgivings, she would go with all of the plans.

In fact, she was going to enjoy this!

She had the clothes that she used to wear, and tomorrow... well, she was going to make a real show of it.

She couldn't wait.

~*~couldn't stop thinking of Kagome, even in the midst of 'Second Breakfast', with delicious, hot, ramen; and occasional chatter courtesy of his stupid brother Sesshoumaru and his father, Inutaisho.

Why had he done what he did? Was it just the carnal instincts of the average testosterone-filled boy, (A/N: As a girl, I would just like to shake my head in disdain here.) or was it... something more? He shook his head to clear the thoughts that had been starting.

"What's wrong with you lately, little brother. You seem to be caught up in something. Felony, perhaps? Have you been partaking in theft? Or conning people out of their money? Or maybe you've been-," Inuyasha kicked him hard under the table.

Sesshoumaru didn't even flinch, he just shot him a look of pure venom.

But their father outdid him when he glared with full-fledged malice at the both of them. "If you two don't stop fighting, I will take away your sparring sessions." He said with menace.

"But-!" The both shouted.

"But, nothing."

Inuyasha sighed angrily and continued to slurp up his spicy noodles. That calmed him down! Sesshoumaru looked at him in disgust, but Inuyasha just promptly had a fake coughing fit and managed to spray him with bits of soup. "I knew it was girl trouble."

Oh, no! Inuyasha knew that this was the ultimate revenge. Their father was very enthusiastic about his subject... and not in a good way if you chose the wrong girl.

"Who? What? When? Why? Where?"

"Nothing, father! Nothing!" Then he thought of a comeback. "And of course you'd know, FLUFFY. I saw you with that girl... um... what was her name? RIN?"

Now his father turned an attentive eye on Sesshoumaru. "Fluffy? Who gave you that nickname, son? And who's Rin?"

Inuyasha got up from the table and left Sesshoumaru with a heavy blush on his cheeks. Served him right! (A/N: SESSHOUMARU? With a heavy blush? What alternate universe are we living in?)

Tomorrow was another day, and another day to prove to himself that he did NOT have a thing for Kagome.

Yes, tomorrow was going to be full of surprises.

~*~got out her diary, tears soaked it, and she wrote angrily.

Dear Diary, I have resolved to leave Kagome alone. At every turn, she's there waiting to pounce. I just don't feel that confident about myself anymore... but all is not lost! As long as I look better than Kagome... then everything will be okay! And since I want to look laid back, as if I don't care... then I'll- I'll dress... semi-well. It won't be MEDIOCRE... but just... GOOD ENOUGH. There we go. Kagome won't be able to keep up! Now I'm happy again! Excuse the tears, please.

~*~was definitely satisfied... but Sango? She was angry, very angry.

Miroku hadn't approached her AT ALL! What was wrong with that picture? She had even passed by him! Not- not on purpose... of course not! Did she even want him to bother her? Oh, what was wrong with her?

But more importantly... what was wrong with her appearance? Tomorrow... she was going to be nicer than usual, on the inside, AND on the out.

She grinned. NOW, she was satisfied.

~*~fumbled in her bureau for suitable clothes.

Finally, she picked out her outfit for the day.

A red tank-top that read SHIKON (she certainly was a 'jewel'), a pair of blue flares with flames running up the sides and with slits at the sides up to her knees. For shoes, she put on red and white 'Skechers'. She wore some lip shimmer, black eyeliner, and light blue eye shadow. She tied her hair up into a bun, but left two long tendrils of hair to frame her face and hang down to her shoulders.

She studied her reflection in the mirror... she looked... HOT!

And she was pleased to see that she looked just as good as Kikyo.

She was too excited to eat breakfast, although she popped a grape in her mouth as she was passing by the table.

And when she got to the front of the school, she was pretty late, and everyone was there. Kikyo looked like dirt compared to her usual appearance.

'Well, I made her look bad without even trying!' The only thing left to do was to be nicer to Inuyasha.

Everyone turned as one when she stepped into closer range. They couldn't believe their eyes... she looked drop-dead gorgeous! Better than Kikyo, or even anyone for that matter! When Kagome's gaze fell on Inuyasha, his mouth hung slightly open, and a blush was creeping onto his face. Every other boy wished to be him, and every other girl was jealous. Kagome, however, was pleased.

"Hey, Inuyasha."

"H-hey..."

'Mission accomplished.'

She grabbed his hand and beckoned to Sango and Miroku. They were looking at each other strangely and Kagome knew that a romance was blossoming... but the pair was so... so... unlikely.

Throughout the whole day, she kept on winking at boys and waving at girls, and hanging out with Inuyasha. And she knew now that the secret to being popular, was to get people's attention, and then to talk to them. And flirt with boys... stuff like that. It was a snap. And... to make people look bad. But, the old-new Kagome wasn't going anywhere... although the old-old Kagome had certainly come back.

And people LIKED IT.

Kagome knew, that although no-one had said so... she was popular, or at least well-liked already... and Kikyo... well, she was a thing of the past.

But did Kikyo agree with that?

Certainly not.

And she was going to make sure that she would squash Kagome like the bug she was.

She had a plan. She would pretend to be her friend, steal Inuyasha, and then at the right moment, take Kagome down.

And she would start right then and there.

Kikyo walked up to Kagome and said, "Hi."

Kagome didn't know how bad it was when she responded in kind... "Hey."

This was going to be the start of a not-so-beautiful friendship, and Kagome wouldn't know what hit her.

Okay, how was that? Sorry for the length, but I was updating all of those other stories! Just go to my profile and see! Was that a cliffhanger? I don't think so... so don't complain. All you have to do is READ AND REVIEW. The next chapter will be called... Subtle Deception. So stay tuned, and the next chapter will probably be out in a week. Give or take a day or two (or year). HAVE FUN!