InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Gold Tinted Moon ❯ Dreaming Real ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Gold Tinted Moon

**I don't own Inuyasha, if you sue me, all you'd get are my beanie babies. PLEASE DON'T TAKE THEM FROM ME, THEY'RE ALL I HAVE!!!**

~Three asterisks (***)denotes a scene or POV change.

CHAPTER 7:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Somewhere, in a land which seemed like a dream, a little girl with dark brown hair threw a great big blue rubber ball to a young boy with raven black hair and mocking, yet kind, yellow eyes. He laughed, "You throw like a girl!"

"Well yeah silly!" The girl's smoky blue eyes held the promise of a book worm when she matured. What's more, she held the promise of being a very lovely woman when she came of age. "I am a girl!"

***

The memory faded to be replaced by another, in which a young man with silver/black hair and deep, loving amber cat-like eyes was courting a young woman who possessed beautiful long dark brown, almost black, tresses, each one swaying individually in the breeze of the lovely field the two were standing in, making it appear as silk. She covered her mouth with her pale blue kimono, which only accentuated her eyes all the more. The young man was captivated, but none the less, regained himself and questioned her, genuflecting gracefully, "Will you accept me?"

The woman fell to her knees and embraced him, tears falling from her face, crystal drops representing the ultimate happiness.

***

In a cloud of vapor, the vision was gone, this time replaced by a woman, raven-dark hair pulled up in the proper way for a priestess, garbed in the attire of a priestess as well. Her blue eyes shown a sad, regretful happiness as she looked upon the man/demon who stood before her. His golden eyes reflected a deep rooted love that could never be. Both stood so close, and yet miles apart, however, their stare conveyed all each of them needed to know.

The vision faded.

***

Kagome opened her eyes, 'Reincarnations, but we were always meant to be together. Inuyasha must have been so reluctant to love because he wasn't able to love Kikyou openly, but I really do love him. Am I supposed to love him or wait until he...' Looking out the windows of her room, Kagome saw the clouds pass lazily by, seemingly smiling her and she was immediately reminded of a very close family member she had lost recently. 'Thank you for showing me that Grandfather.'

Holding her hand to her chest, Kagome felt the warm throbbing of the jewel within her heart. "He really did save me, maybe he didn't want that jewel so bad after all. Who eve knew a heart could exist in all that arrogance!" Kagome giggled until she did a double-take of the window in her room, "Wait, wha-"

Souta burst through the door to her room, "Wake up you dork! Mom, dad and Inu-san are downstairs! They need to talk to you."

"What abo- Hey Souta! Come back!" Kagome tripped out of the tangle of blankets, grabbed her robe and threw it on over her nightgown, and sprinted after her little brother.

Downstairs and into the kitchen, Kagome was greeted by her family, absolutely glowing, as a matter of fact, she hadn't seen them this happy since they first told Kagome she'd have a baby brother, and Inuyasha, who was shuffling his feet nervously and looking at the ground.

'Odd, he's never acted liek that before. Something freaky must be going on...'

Kagome sweatdropped at her parents when they spoke up, "Oh Kagome! We have such good news!" Her mother was beaming, "Your father's company has finally has finally been able to surpass his rival company! We are now the most successful computer engineering company in all Japan!" Her mother squealed.

"Yup," her father smiled, "Ran Sessomaru into the ground we did!"

Kagome twitched, "Well, uh, congrats and all." She then gave a genuine smile for her parents. The truth was, Kagome was never really into the whole business world, her mother often reminded her to marry a man who knew what he was doing or else she'd have no future.

"Kagome," her father was suddenly serious, "We have something more important to discuss with you."

"Yes?" She flinched, it was never good when he spoke like that.

"I will get right to the point. You now have a new obligation, should you choose to accept it."

'Great, he's gonna want me to work for him when I'm out of school. How can I say no though? I mean, he's my father...oh great, here we go....' "Inu- yasha?"

Inuyasha cut off her thoughts when he took her hand and knelt before Kagome, his eyes shining with hope and something else, "I have asked your, your father for..." Inuyasha shook his head, trying to banish the extreme nervousness wracking his body right now. Suddenly finding bravery from somewhere, he looked up, "Will you be my wife, uh, when you're ready...please?"

Kagome's eyes filled with tears once they had shrunken back into their normal size. She fell to her knees, embracing him tightly. Looking over Inuyasha's shoulder, her gaze stopped at her father, "You said yes?" She asked in regards to the Inuyasha's question.

"Nope," was his only reply.

"I have him permission." Her mother smiled brighter, if that were possible, her own eyes cascading with tears.

***

"I never told you I love you."

"Neither did I, but you accepted anyway." Inuyasha brushed her hair slowly as they both gazed up at a stormy sky. Kagome sang softly, smiling, no long mad, but very grateful for the storm.

/*\/*\/*\/*\/*\/*\/*\/*\/*\/*\/*\/*\/*\/*\/*\/*\/*\/*\/*\/* \/*\/*\/*\/*\/*\/ *\/*\/*\

END

a/n: so, did you like? I'm so glad some did! Thank you all so much for the reviews, and now I'll take the time to acknowledge them...

zuppy70, meera, Miztikal_Dragon, InuKitsuneMiko, B.W. authoress, Stella, Dreaming_Girl, lysel, HardCandyVegetto, MikoKagome, inususu, Moon_Kitsune, sesshyangel, Japan T.M., Ithilwen, Cj, Sai-chan, Sorrow, LottaLuvGirl

you guys have all been a huge inspiration for me to keep this story going, thanks to everyone, and all those who may review later.

And thank you to all who read and put up with this fic, it's been a hoot and there will be more fanfiction, I promise!!!! Keep readin and I'll keep writin!

~CELESTYL