InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Good Morning ❯ Good Morning ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha.
 
Good Morning
 
 
Silence dawned, breaking the early morning day. A pity, that in a few moments, the world would remember to breathe again. But, for the moment, the warm spring morning seemed to still. Taking a thorough inventory of the wonders it could create or the turmoil it would brew.
 
A small figure moved, twisting slightly in a large, canopy bed. Sheer ivory drapes, flowed over the top and trickled down the smooth cherry wood columns, to gently caress the wooden floor. The downy emerald comforter covered the bed in rippling waves of satin. One half of the bed was in disarray to reveal the creamy ivory sheets beneath. The other half, built up around a figure still huddled deep in its embrace. Black hair spilled upon one emerald green pillow.
 
Sunlight peeked teasingly between the curtains, overhanging the windows. He taunted the figure to wake. Willed the figure to be captured into his embrace and seek the daylight her provided. His light stretched out further and further, taking his time across the room. He would wake her.
 
The figure shifted slightly, a crinkle of sound following the movement. In that moment, the Sun had lost. The figure had buried its head from the light. It would be an hour more before he would be able to reach the figure again. He could wait.
 
Wrrr…
 
The soft sound drifted lazily along the air, drifting through the room. The silence whispered at the loss. Soon noises slowly came alive to greet a new day. Cars started, people laughed, dogs barked, and birds sang. The City was alive.
 
WRR…
 
The figure in bed shifted. Something was calling to it to wake up. It moaned softly, a regret that life had returned to it. It was time to wake up. But maybe it could lay here a little longer?
 
CRACK!
 
“SHIT! YOU DUMB MACHINE! STOP THAT! DAMN IT!”
 
The figure in bed, leapt from its confines, and stumbled out of the room. Mussed ebony hair, tailed down a slender frame sheltered inside a large blue t-shirt. Stifling a yawn, the figure entered the kitchen. Brown orbs surveyed the scene with annoyance overshadowed by dawning mirth.
 
There, standing in the kitchen, shirtless and looking very delicious, was a man of unrivaled masculine beauty. Sculpted muscles, tanned from the outdoors, moved with precision and accuracy that any marksman would be proud to have. Tiny pebble drops of water cascading down every line accented the smooth skin. While this could be enough to make any female drool, the illusion of perfection was just a trifle misplaced.
 
The Adonis of woman's dreams snarled obscenities at a small oblong item nearly crushed in the man's elegantly long fingers. Silver cords of hair, drifted lazily over his shoulder, where they proceeded to grip fiercely inside the small canister in the man's hand.
 
Laughter erupted, as the figure finally deduced what had occurred.
 
The man's head flew up, golden eyes glaring murderously at the figure. “Damn it! Kagome, stop laughing and help me! This dumb machine is trying to eat me!”
 
The figure, now known as Kagome, just laughed harder.
 
“Wench!”
 
“I.. mm… Sorry!” she laughed out. “But, Inuyasha. What did I tell… you… last time… about the coffee… grinder?”
 
He looked down at the object in his hand. “I put the hard, smelly nuts in the opening, and flip the little black button. I'm not an idiot.”
 
She laughed as she made her way to his side, “You are not an idiot. However, before you flip the little button, you have to put the lid on it first.”