InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Good things don't have to come to an end ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Everything Good Has To End Eventually
Jennifer McCullah



On this magnificant day in the feudal era, we find InuYasha sitting amongst the trees. Of course, he sits alone. Not even that pesky fox demon is sitting at the trunk. In fact, Shippo is back with the others, Miroku, Sanga, and Kilala, in Kaede's hut. Where is Kagome, you ask? Kagome left back to her era, the future, after a fight she had with the stubborn Hanyou. Let's go take a look at how they're all doing...

As he sits in his tree, InuYasha stares out at the horizon through the green leaves of the trees near. With a sigh, and a glare towards the East, where the Well stands, InuYasha closes his golden eyes.
InuYasha's POV ~~~~~~~

Why am I sitting here in this tree? I should be with Kagome. Stupid wench, I can't believe she just goes and leaves like that! I shouldn't argue with her. I just wish... I could somehow tell her hot I feel... But I can't! My pride has gotten the best of me, I guess. Maybe I should go back to Kaede's Hut. Things might get a little better. I'll leave if that perverted monk tries anything with Sango. I really don't need to see that!

I'm holding onto a dream that I know won't come true, wanting you to want me the way I want you.
~~~~~~~ Third Person ~~~~~~~
sits at her home in her era. She sits at her vanity in her quaint room, brushing her hair thouroughly. Slightly angered at InuYasha for recent events, she slams her brush down on the table, where she sits, staring at her reflection looking for an answer. All she gets, is an angry woman staring back at her.
Kagome's POV ~~~~~~~

Why does InuYasha have to be like that?! Why does he have to be so selfish?! I only wanted to heal him, after what that snake demon did to him. But NO he had to be so independant. He's such a jerk! I should wait here for him to come through the well and apologize for calling me a bitch. He knows I don't like it. I just wish I could keep my word... I can't stay away from him. Maybe... maybe I should go back...

So... from now on... when you think of me... just remember that I could have been the best thing you've ever had...
~~~~~~~ Thrid Person ~~~~~~~
stands abruptly from her vanity table and walks over to her bed. She picks her bag up and flings it over her shoulder. Why do I carry so much crap? Walking downstairs and out the door, Kagome leaves her home and begins walking to the shrine without so much as a goodbye to her family. As she approaches the shrine, her pace slows down.

Why am I going back? If I go back now, he'll underestimate me. I don't want it. He'll think it's ok to call me names, he'll think that I'll just keep going back. But maybe... maybe that's what's true...

You can close your eyes to things you don't want to see, but you can't close your heart to things you don't want to feel.

She shakes off her thoughts and continues to the shrine. She walks up to the well and jumps in, a flash of white and pink light overcome her as she is thrown into the other era.
Meanwhile ~~~~~~~
springs from his tree and makes his way through the brush of the woods, towards Kaede's Hut. Catching wiff of sweet scent in the air, his ears twitch a bit, and he raises his head high. Kagome! He bows his head.

Why is she coming back? Why is she giving in this easily?

Rushing east towards the well, InuYasha ducks under low branches. As the well is in sight, InuYasha quickens his pace. He stops only a few feet from the enterance, awaiting for Kagome to grip the sides. Sure enough...
hoists herself over the side of the well. She brushes dirt off her skirt and flings over her pack once more. Turning quickly, she comes face to face with the Hanyou.
meeting me here? I thought I was the bitch that didn't matter? Only the Shard Detector?" Kagome starts, slight aggitation in her words.
stands tall, only inches taller than Kagome. "I... I need to talk to you... Kagome... You.... You're more to me, than just a Shard Detector... You... You're... well..."
stands, hands on hips, slight shock reflected in her eyes. "InuYasha... Are you... trying to tell me that..." She didn't finish the sentence, for she thought that she might be wrong, and ruin the chance of them ever being together.

Why do people always break what's beautiful?

InuYasha looks into her pure, blue eyes, with his golden ones. Closing them softly, he replies in a meer whisper. "Kagome... you... you're my everything... I wouldn't be where I am... if it weren't for you."
tenses up, and a smile brightens her face, and she begins to cry, warm salty tears glaze her eyes, and they fall, ever so softly down her gentle face. "InuYasha, you don't know, just how long I've wanted to hear those words..." And with that said, Kagome lunges into InuYasha's embrace, wrapping her slender arms around his muscular form.

If I know what love is, it's because of you...

InuYasha opens his eyes, relieved that she felt the same as he did. He was surprised with himself that he had the courage to say what he said. With a sigh of relief, he wrapped his arms around the slim woman, whom he would soon call his mate, that is, if she'd accept. He rests his head on top of hers.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Kagome pulls away, only a little, to look up at the man she loves, and has loved since they first met. Leaning up, she plants a soft, but passionate kiss on his lips. Those lips that have called her names. Cursed her actions. Those lips that have forever brought her saddness. Those lips that she kisses now, she knows, will never speak harmful words to her again. Those lips may have met with Kikyo's. But, Kagome fears no more of that woman. All Kikyo is now, is pain and hatred. InuYasha is with her now. She is his. Now, she waits for him to ask her. To ask her the question. Would she be his mate?

If I could be anything, I'd be your tear, so I could be born in your eye, live down your cheek, and die on your lips.

InuYasha closes his eyes to savor the kiss. Now he thinks to himself, when will I ask her to be mine? Soon.. He pulls back, ceasing the kiss to drag in a breath. Looking down at her, he smiles. Kagome smiles at him back. "Shouldn't we be going... wherever camp is?" "We're staying with Kaede for the night." InuYasha reassures her that everyone is ok, and has been since she left. WIth a nod of her head, Kagome holds her bag, and makes way towards Kaede's Hut. InuYasha, instead of walking beside her, lifts her off her feet, and carries her, still smiling ever so slightly. He finally got what he wanted off his chest. Feeling better, since he got the answer he had been looking for.

When I see you, my whole body goes weak... everything but my heart.

Kagome wraps her arms around InuYasha's neck, looking up at him as they make way to the hut. "InuYasha... how long... have you felt this way?" "Since... since I saw you. When you found me pinned to that tree." "But what about Kikyo... she wants you with her in hell. I thought you had said that you owed her that much atleast...? InuYasha.. I don't want you to go. I need you here..."
that said, InuYasha's face tightened. He had forgotten about the promise he made. All he can do is hope... hoope that Kikyo would understand...

I would go to the ends of the earth for you...
Kaede's hut in sight, InuYasha places Kagome down, and they walk together. Upon entering, InuYasha walks in after Kagome, who is greeted by her fox demon, Shippo. "Lady Kagome! We missed you so! Why did you leave us?" With a nod and a smile, Kagome gave her answer. Sitting next to Sango, Kagome looks at InuYasha and winks. Sango gives Kagome a Welcome Back hug.

It's just not the same without you. With you not here, my world is dark and grey...
A few Days Later ~~~~~~~
and the crew are walking through the woods. Coming near a hotspring, the girls decide it's best to bathe. So taking her bag with all her shampoos with her, Kagome walks with Sango to the spring. InuYasha and the rest stay behind, chit chatting and starting a fire. As the girls bathe and finish, InuYasha begins to talk to Miroku. "I confessed." Miroku looks at him with a look of confusion. "You confessed what?" "You idiot, wasn't it obvious that I had feelings for Kagome? Well. I told her."

Love is something you work for and not find. Once you recieve it, it relaxes your body and mind.
that said, no more could be, as the girls walk back into the clearing. "Kagome, could I have a word with you please?" Kagome gives a slight nod and follows InuYasha away from the group. "What's on your mind?" InuYasha sits on a big rock right below a tree. "I... need to ask you something..." "Alright, ask away."

Just one more obstacle in my way... I will find the strength to overcome it...

"Will you be my mate, Kagome?" With a look of shock, Kagome just looks at InuYasha, and her eyes well up with tears once more. "Yes InuYasha! I will! I love you with everything I have, and this only means that you are willing to stick with me..." InuYasha breathes another sigh of relief, and embraces Kagome with a tight hug.

Somewhere in ourselves, there is a place we meet, where we sit on the edge and wait and dream.

InuYasha lifts Kagome and sits her on the rock. Pulling off his red overshirt, he flattens it on the ground. Kagome slides onto it, and InuYasha leans over her. "Kagome... I love you." A small tear slides down Kagome's cheek. "InuYasha, I love you too."
we leave the couple here, with that on your minds. The story ends here, or only to you it does. Make what you want of it. The rest is up to you!

As long as we have tomorrow.... our dreams will never fade....