InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Goodnight Moon ❯ Goodnight Moon ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Goodnight Moon
 
I could only hear her incontrollable sobs, her yells of pain. Her cries were filling my head, causing pain and anger travel through my veins, making my stomach do flips flops. And the worst of it was that I couldn't do anything, and I knew it. She was in the room next to mine; talking on the phone with the bastard I was determined to kill. I knew I wasn't supposed to be listening, but my dog ears caught everything, and the walls were practically made of paper. I lived with three roommates, the one I loved more than my life next door, crying and yelling her heart out, in pure anger and hurt. The other two, Miroku and Sango, weren't coming back from their trip until three more days. And so, I was left alone with her. The only thing I wanted to do was break into her room, throw the phone out the window after telling the fucking bastard a few words, and take her in my arms, comfort her. But I only listened.
`'So, I'm not anybody, is that what you mean?! Stop lying, Koga! I know the truth now, you were just using me as your bitch! I knew the truth when you looked at me, surrounded of your own goddamned people, and told me to leave! That I didn't belong by your side! Well, you know what?! You're right! I don't belong by your side! So just forget about me, I won't let you or anyone hurt me anymore! Goodbye, Koga!'' she yelled between sobs, and I heard her hung up forcefully, and a soft thump that told me she had fallen on her bed, and then, the incontrollable sobs. I couldn't stand it. I couldn't bear to hear, to know, to smell even from here her salty, angst filled tears, her pain. So I decided to do something.
 
And I did.
 
I opened her door without bothering to knock, and I softly called her name. She was crying so loud she didn't even notice. I closed the door behind me, and kneeled before her. She still didn't notice my presence. She was curled up in a ball, with her face hidden behind her teddy bear. I touched her arms softly, and her sobs were silenced with surprise, and she looked up at me.
 
Her eyes were bloodshot, trails of tears on her marble skin. We stood there in silence, she staring into my golden eyes; I lost in her blue orbs. I wouldn't ask her how she was feeling, because that was more than obvious.
`'Forget him, Kagome. Don't feel hurt over that bastard. He doesn't deserve you or your tears. If he wants to loose you, it's his loss. You deserve so much more. So, please, please stop crying. For me?'' I said softly, containing my anger towards the bastard, instead concentrating on comforting her, and I gently dried her tears with my thumb. She looked away, silent tears still falling, tears I couldn't dry.
`'Kagome...just know I'm here. I'll always be there for you'' I said, and getting up, I headed to the door. Just when I was going to go out, my ears caught the smallest voice, practically above a whisper.
`'Inu-yasha''
The way my name escaped her lips made me shiver and made my blood run hot through my veins. I turned and saw her sitting up, the teddy bear pressed to her chest, her watery blue eyes boring into my own.
`'Stay'' she simply said in a faint whisper, more like a plea, as if any moment she would break down and cry again. I sat by her side, and suddenly she was on my chest, gripping my shirt as if her life depended on it, the teddy bear forgotten on the floor, crying uncontrollably. I wrapped my arms around her, and pulled her on my lap, and leaned against the wall, holding her tightly.
`'Inuyasha...I hate him...it was all a lie...I thought-I thought he loved m-me....he only used me, played with me...I h-hate him!'' she managed to say between her racked sobs, and I held her closer. Slowly, she fell silent, the sobs reduced to a steady breathing. Outside the window, the moon shone brightly, and the night sky was filled with stars. As I stared into the ngith, three simple words escaped my lips in a soft whisper.
`'I love you''
 
I looked down at her, and saw her sleeping peacefully in my arms, nuzzled in my chest which was wet from her tears, gripping my shirt as a lifeline. I drew her even closer, feeling her steady heartbeat, the warmth of her body. I thought to myself my confession would have to wait a little longer. I looked up at the moon again, and my eyelids began to close, until, leaning against the wall and with the woman I loved in my arms, I drifted into sleep.
 
Goodnight Moon.
 
 
 
A/N
 
The origin of the story is personal (it didn't happen to me so don't get funny ideas) but well, the title I got from the song I was listening at the moment, Goodnight Moon from Shivaree, and well, tell me what yout hink. I find it really cute!