InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Got Any Spare Change? ❯ Conference Meeting ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]


Conference Meeting

"I need everyone to meet me in the conference room immediatly," Sesshomaru blared through the loud speaker. Naraku didn't want to know what reason the bastard had for calling this meeting, but he evidently had no choice but to go. Free will here was out the window.

As everyone got up, he noticed that many people not on this floor were heading toward Sesshomaru's office. Is this for the entire company? Great, even the conference room is packed like the car-pooling vehicle. But only about thirty people went to the conference and amazingly, there was plenty of space for everyone.

They all sat, waiting while Sesshomaru continued to write something down on some papers, flipping back and forth on the stack. The room was completly silent. Finally, after about five minutes, he put his pen down. "Look, I'm not going to waste your time today, so let me just get to the point." As if ignoring us for five minutes isn't wasting time, Naraku thought. Sesshomaru continued. "I have for the longest time been wanting to build a theme park for our loyal customers. Unfortunatly though, in order to do that, there's going to have to be some cut backs. Kaede, you're fired."

The old woman screamed. "But, Lord Sesshomaru, I have insurance invested in this company. You mean to tell me that after all of that money, ye is just going to fire me?" Sesshomaru examined the huge diamond ring on his pinky in a dull fashion. "What can I say? Times are hard for everyone." Kaede was in tears now. "But I have no insurance outside of the company. I don't even have an AARP card or Medicare!" "Not my problem. Now, how about you quit crying a river and go clean out your cubicle, hm?"

Kaede got up and as fast as she could go, ran sobbing out of the room. Kikyou stood up. "Sesshomaru, you vile thing, you! I--" "Kikyou, that's the best you can call me? What are you gonna do, shoot me with one of your sacred arrows? Go ahead, try it. Oh, wait, weapons are not allowed in the building. So, how about this. You can join your mother." "That's my sister." "Whatever, get going with your uncle."

Kikyou too stormed out. "Okay, so what's next on the agenda?" Sesshomaru said, leafing through the papers again. "Ah, the company family day. All of you are to bring a family member up here on Saturday for the picnic and games. Dosn't matter who, just make sure they're here. And we'll be getting together the company basketball team. Naraku, you have to play." Naraku narrowed his eyes at him. "And what if I don't want to?" "And what if you didn't have a job?" Sesshomaru countered. Naraku growled silently, but sat back and said nothing.

"Now, this is a very important event. We want the world to see how friendly we are. That we care for the future of the families that work here because this company is the future for those families. I want them to know that we're not just about the big guy, but that we also consider the little guy as well." And here, he looked pointedly at Naraku. Miroku raised his hand. "What if we don't have any family?" "Then I guess you don't have a job either. Grab somebody off the street, I don't care, just bring somebody."

"There, now that that's finished, I have one last piece of buisness to discuss, but first, Naraku, you stink. Okay, moving on. I need a new apprentice, one who's hard working and dedicated. Someone who knows not to ask questions becaues they know that everything I do, I do it for a reason. So, let me just figure out who that special someone will be." Sesshomaru's eyes roamed the room, passing by the excited Kohanu who was jumping up in his seat and waving his hand frantically in the air. They lingered on Inuyasha, but moved on. "Naraku, how about you?"

Some how, Naraku knew that he was going to be it. "And how about no?" "And how about I fire you? How do you like them apples?" Kohanu couldn't stay quiet any longer. "Sir, I'm your most faithful employee, remember? I'll run all of your errands and--" "Kohanu, as much as I like having my ego stroked by ass-kissers like you, you're over doing it a bit. I want to feel someone else's lips touch this soft behind", Sesshomaru said, then turned his attention to Naraku again. "Well? What's it gonna be, yes, or fired?"

Once again, Naraku cursed himself for not just giving that vegitarian his meatless Whooper. At least he'd have a job that didn't entitle him to be an errand boy. "Fine, but I want a raise." "Ooh, that's a lot considering there are employees here who have worked for me since before the company went big and still haven't gotten a raise. Take for example, Inuyasha. Why do you think he's still wearing the same thing he wore 500 years ago? Becuase he has no money! Since he has no education and for some reason is completly unwilling to at least try and get one and I'm the only one who will hire him (dosen't that sound like someone else we know?), I get to set the payment plan. And there's no government to go running to to complain about labor laws. I am the government."

Naraku cursed under his breath, then gave a very small shake of his head. "I'm sorry, Onigumo, what was that? I coudn't hear you?" "I said son of a bitch," Naraku all but screamed. Strangely, Sesshomaru only smiled that evil smirk of his. "Yes I am. And what a fine bitch she was!" With a wave of his hand, he dismissed everyone.

Naraku took his sweet time getting back to his cubicle. Here he was, first day on the job and not even sure of what his job was exacatly and already he was being told to bring a family member to work, join a team for a sport that he knew next to nothing about, and to be Sesshomaru's male secretary. Serving meatless Whoopers was heaven compared to this.

He typed random things on his screen in Microsoft Word until the hour hand on the clock in the room reached five. He tried to leave with everyone else, but they rushed past him, trying not to be the one stuck in the elevator with him due to the subway throw-up still on his pants. Speaking of the subway, he walked the entire fourty blocks home, not even considering on taking a taxi.

He opened the door to his apartment and recieved a kick to the area where the sun don't shine by Hakudoshi. "I'm hungry, you lazy fuck! What's for dinner?" Naraku crumbled to the ground, gasping for breath. "Why didn't you fix something?" Hakudoshi gave a fake thoughtful look. "Hm, maybe because we don't have anything to fix! You haven't shopped in over a month!" Struggling to regain his composure, Naraku stood up and hobbled into the kitchen to see if what he said held any validity.

It did. There was almost literally nothing in the cabinets, fridge, or pantry. He found a little bit of peanut butter in the corner of a jar from God only knows how long ago. Reaching in a bottom cabinet, he produced a can of split pea soup. "Bon appetite." Hakudoshi kicked him in his nads again. "I'm allergic to peanut butter, you sorry fuck!" He threw the jar down on him, then turned on his heel and left.

Oh, I'm happy you're allergic to peanut butter, you ungrateful little snot! I'll make sure to add a little to your next meal. Where ever that comes from. Just then, Kanna walked in. "Hakudoshi whipped your ass," She stated in that monotonous voice of hers. "Kanna, get the hell away from me," Naraku gritted out.

As he laid there on the floor, he wondered what he was going to do about dinner. He had a little bit of money in the bank but he was trying to keep that in there to earn interest. Evidently that was out the window. Getting up again and hoping that Hakudoshi wasn't in the area to kick him down again, he left out.

Some where cheap, some where cheap... Naraku thought after withdrawing his measly fifty dollars. He finally found a place that looked like the prices where low enough to accomodate his situation. He stood in line with the cars going through the drive through. When he reached the window, the man behind the glass didn't open it. Instead, he called through, "Sir, this is a drive through. You need a car." Naraku quickly grew pissed at him.

"Does it matter if I do or don't have a car? Is walking up to the window going to make the line go any slower? They'd still have to wait for the food! And besides, I've already ordered. Just give me my food and I'll be on my way." "I'm sorry sir, but you'll have to come inside to get it." A wave from Naraku's youki (demonic energy) shattered the glass. "I'm right fucking here! Why go all the way around to the front to get what you can give me right here? Just give me my damn food! I could've been out of here by now!" The man seemed taken aback by this out-burst and handed the paper bag full of greasy burgers and fries to him. "Thank you!" Naraku said sarcastically.

As he walked home, something in the back of his mind nagged at him like an old married couple until he decided to try to figure out what it was. After a momet, it hit him. Back there, having that man tell him that he had to go around to pick up his order knowing that just handing it through the window was easier, some where deep inside him, an old memory, he remembered doing something of the like to someone else. The vegitarian. He hated admitting it, but like that other man, he too used to be an annoying prick. Just like Sesshomaru was now. Maybe one day he'd get off his high horse and see that he wasn't so mighty after all. Yeah right. And maybe one day I'll get to date Oprah.


Okay, so the entire chapter wasn't about the conference meeting, I know. But most of it was (I think!) and the meeting emphasized Naraku's point about him once being a complete arrogant ass hole once like Sesshomaru, so that's good too. Anyways, enough with the jabbering. Please review!