InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Got Any Spare Change? ❯ Anger Management ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]


You know, looking back on my last chapter, I made some pretty major gramatical mistakes. I was pretty distracted while I was writing it. Like for example, I put that Naraku had a "spinter" rather than a splinter in his finger for two days. So, though nothing much has changed, I'm re-uploading that chapter with the mistakes corrected. I know in just about every chapter I have some mistake somewhere, but that last one was just a little too many! Oh, and I think I'm just going to write monetary values in dollars. I know they live in Japan, but I think it'd sound better that way for the story. Anyways, here goes the next chapter. Read at your own peril!

Anger Management

Naraku walked off of the court and back to his hide out under the tree. But of course peace wasn't to come to him. Kouga walked over. "What are you doing?" "Trying to rest, if you'll get away from me," Naraku commented. Kouga made a face and said, "Sesshomaru's offering you a way to raise your check again. You have to do the three legged race with me." Naraku's head shot up. "What?! Look, it's bad enough we lost. Do we really need to do a bunch of little kid activities to further embarrass us?" Kouga put a hand on his hip and got indignant. "You may not want to do it, but dammit, he's offering the winner a thousand dollars. I need that money, and we all know you need it. I mean, you have me and my jewel shards. What's the worst that can happen?"

Ah, it's always that phrase right there that shows just how much people under estimate life. As Naraku and Kouga got into position, Kouga with his left leg tied up, Naraku with his right, he glanced around. Inuyasha was paired up with Kagome, Miroku was with Sango. How fuckin' fitting, Naraku thought dryly. Kohanu and Yozaru were tearing up some food samples that were laid out, like the ones in grocery stores. "Ooh, I love your sausage!" Yozaru said to the man holding out the plate. The man looked at him with a stricken expression, then slowly set the plate down and started running away.

A/N: When I said "tearing up" I didn't mean that literally. In slang, that's another way for saying eating a lot of something that you like. Kind of like "beating" something up (or down). Usually men use that in a deragatory way of saying that they had sex with a woman. I'm not trying to say anyone is dumb if you didn't know that, I just figured that I might want to explain myself. Anyways, back to the story!

So enamored was Naraku with watching them, that he forgot about the race. A gun was fired and Kouga took off. Naraku wasn't ready. He tried running with him, but the pace was uneven, due to Kouga's jewel shards. Naraku tripped and rolled over onto his side, Kouga still going. The wolf dragged him one hundred yards to the finish line, coming in second to Inuyasha. "Kami dammit, Onigumo! Why the fuck do you have to be so slow! You can't do anything right! Ooh, you make me sick! Get the fuck off my leg, you sorry ass bastard! You know I needed that money, you know I did! You know what? Don't even try to explain yourself, just get the hell away from me!"

He footed Naraku hard in the groin much like Hakudoshi was accustomed to doing and stormed off to a table filled with drinks. When he held a plastic cup under the orange cooler on the table, nothing came out. He snapped off. "Who the fuck drank all the damn Gatorade?!!!" He picked up the cooler and threw it into one of Taisho Unlimited's windows. Then he flipped the table and kicked it, sending it off into the distance. A quiet "wink" sound could be heard as it disappeared into space. "You know that's coming out of your paycheck," Sesshomaru said to him. "I don't give a fuck!" Kouga shouted and stormed off to the car-pooling Mystery Machine to wait for every one else to be ready to go home.

"Damn, Onigumo. What'd you do to him?" Inuyasha asked. Now Naraku snapped off. "Why does everything have to be my fault, huh? Why can't it just be fate? Or destiny? Or maybe I just suck at games! Or maybe we all just suck at games! Yeah, that's right, we all just suck! Suck, suck suck! S-U-C-K, SUCK!" Yozaru turned around when he was about to put another sausage in his mouth and gave a dirty smile. "Ooh, I love a man who's passionate," he whispered to Kohanu.

Naraku continued on his rant. "First I lose my business to some hippie boy-girl, then I get fired from Burger King for not letting some guy "have it his way," now I'm being threatened to do my job or else my pay is less than minimum wage! As if anyone can really live off of seventeen dollars! Oh, sure I could. I mean, eating 25 cent gum and miniture Laffy Taffy's dosen't sound so bad! Hell, while I'm at it, why not get diabetes! Then I can go to the hostpital to get some insulin and pay my doctor bill of with the 17 dollars I earn once a month. Sure, lets all live off of 17 dollars! I'd love to see that! Why don't we--" Off to Naraku's right, Sesshomaru held a walkie-talkie to his mouth. "O.K, take him down."

A SWAT team swarmed Naraku. Two held his arms, while another two held his legs. A fifth person held back his head, and a sixth injected him with a needle. Of course Naraku wasn't going to go down without swinging. "What the hell?! Oh, so you don't want to hear the truth so you're gonna silence me? I have been opressed for too long! I will not be silenced! I will not be moved! I will not...be--" he yawned, "You know what? You guys are just like those people who threw rocks and stuff at Jesus. Yeah, I'm like Jesus, and you all are...(yawn) like...like...Marilyn Monroe." And finally he fell asleep.

"Damn, that's a true soldier right there," Miroku said. Everyone stared at him, then dispersed. The children's games were about to begin. A pinata was set up and Shippou, Souta, Rin and Hakudoshi crowded around it. Sango did "Eeny meeny miney mo" to decide who went first. Rin did. Kagome blind-folded her, then spun her around in a circle the number of her age, eight times. When she was done, Rin wobbled around, swinging wildly. She hit Shippou in the head, knocking him out. Then she struck Souta in his ear, then came back and busted his jaw. He went down on his knees, holding his mouth. Hakudoshi bobbed and weaved her swings, until he accidentally came back up too soon from one and was hit on the back of his head, making him go down too.

Rin tore off the bandana and cheered when she noticed she was the only one still standing. "Yeah, take that! Ya'll just got schooled!" And with that, she grabbed the pinata and ran off. Everyone got quiet for a moment until Yozaru handed a plate of potato salad to Kohanu. "Ooh, you just got served!" Then everyone started chanting "You got served! You got served!" at once. And Naraku slept on.


So, there goes another Nobel Prize winning chapter. Or is this the wrong catagory for a Nobel Prize? Anyways, I know it went harder than paint (don't ask me why I'm using so many phrases in this chapter. I guess it just struck me that I'd make good humor perhaps. Oh, and harder than paint just means it was real good or nice. Like a car with suicide doors goes harder than paint!) So, that aside, review and tell me what you thought of the chapter!