InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Got Any Spare Change? ❯ Demon Games ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Okay, so it's been a moment since my last chapter, but hey, at least I gave ya'll two to hopefully make up for it. Or are ya'll still mad at me? Well, if you are, get over it! Naw, just playing, but seriously though, I want to add another warning in this chapter as well, and if anyone skips over it and decides they want to hurry up and get to the chapter, they're probably going to be in for a rude awakening. What I want to add in here is that the second paragraph of this story is probably going to get some eyebrows raised. I was kind of thinking of Soul Plane when I wrote it. I'll leave more of an explanation down at the bottom. Till then, enjoy the story!

Demon Games

The Coca-Cola Crushers' uniforms were the epitome of fly. Sporting red and gold jerseys, they entered the court as though they knew they were going to win. Which, Naraku figured, they would. I mean, come on. Who ever heard of Sesshomaru playing basketball? All of the Crushers players looked at least seven feet tall. Nothing but a conglomerate of LeBron James's.

"Look, all of their players are negro," Kagome whispered to Kagura, and ran and clutched her purse which sat on the sidelines. Kagura looked at her for a moment, before shaking her head. "If you think that is bad, try living with Onigumo--" Naraku threw her a cold look. "I mean, Naraku--" She coughed "Onigumo" in her hand before she continued. "Even though he earns, sorry, earned more than me when I had a part time-job, he'd still pilage off of my jewelry to give to one of his one-night whores." Kagome cast a nasty look at Naraku, who made a gesture that clearly said, "Yeah, so what? What are you gonna do about it?"

The two teams were lining up on the court now. The Taisho Twisters were wearing blue and white jerseys. Despite the newness that they held, they still looked unprofessional compared to the Crushers. As the team coaches shook eachothers hands as some kind of sign of good sportsmanship, even Sesshomaru looked a little unnerved. He and the other team's coach seemed as though they were trying to break the other's fingers. Finally they formed the circle in the middle. The referee blew his whistle and threw the ball in the air. The game was on.

Kouga, being a demon, looked like he held the upper advantage, being able to jump as high as three hundred feet. But he didn't even get up one. As soon as the ball left the ref's hands, the Crusher's captian smacked the ball to a team mate. Kouga quickly got the ball back due to the jewel shards in his legs, but tripped over the very things that had given his hopeful advantage. The ball rolled idily on the floor until a Crusher member got it. Then Inuyasha jumped on him. Then Miroku on him. Basically, they formed a dog pile of just about everybody on both teams.

Sesshomaru on the sidelines face-palmed. "No, you dumb asses! Why didn't you just let him have the ball? Most of you are demons, you can get it right back!" Naraku hid his face and smiled. Pay back's a S.O.B ain't it? The whistle sounded again, the team members straightened out, and the game began again. Unfortuantly, for the disorderly conduct on Inuyasha, the Crushers got two three-throws. They made the first one, pissing everyone on the Twisters' off. As the second looked like it was about to go into the basket, Inuyasha lost control of his temper again and smacked the ball away into the crowd. It hit Hakudoshi on the head, which knocked him into Rin, effectively making them kiss eachother.

The ref blew his whistle yet again and called another technicality and pointed to Inuyasha, who growled and started toward the ref after he'd turned his back. Yozaru stopped him, but Inuyasha wasn't about to have none of that. He went over to the bench to get Tetsusaiga, but Sesshomaru grabbed his shirt and forcefully sat him down. "You're gonna cost us the game, ass-hole!" Sesshomaru whispered furiously at him. Inuyasha twisted from his grasp, but didn't do or say anything.

Sesshomaru scanned the bench. His gaze rested on Naraku, then landed on Akitoki, who was still wearing those horribly long socks and three-sizes too small headband. Sesshomaru pointed to him, then pointed to the court. Akitoki's eyes lit up and he ran onto the floor as though he were the long lost star player. "Thank you! Thank you! I love you Japan!" He shouted out. The entire area was silent. Somewhere, a frog croaked and an owl hooted. Akitoki put down his raised arms and got in formation with the others.

The game started up yet again. Naraku closed his eyes, waiting for the the inevitable to happen. He ended up dozing off. Loud screams woke him up. Twenty minutes had passed. That's it? Damn, time flys by way too slow here! Something about being at work does that to the clocks. Out on the floor, everyone had crowded around something on the floor, all blocking his vision. An ambulance pushed through the group and stayed there for a moment. Then one of the paramedics stood up with a disgusted look on his face. He held something up between two fingers and by its tip, as though it was diseased. Naraku leaned forward to get a better look.

Akitoki's headband. Akitoki's sweaty, smelly, disgusting headband. Naraku understood what had happened. Akitoki had passed out due to a lack of circulation because the sweatband was cutting it off. The medics wheeled him out of there, Akitoki with a hand raised in the air as if he were the survivor of some tragic accident. His absence wasn't missed except perhaps by Sesshomaru, who now was a player short.

He looked at Naraku, then looked at Jinenji, who was talking to Sango, who was trying to hold a conversation with Kagome, who was trying to show off her half-ass cheers to Inuyasha who was trying to catch Kikyou's eye who was sitting in the stands waiting for the Twisters to lose.

Sesshomaru gave a heavy sigh. "Onigumo, get your ass in there. Don't do anything, you hear me? Don't do anything. If you do something to fuck this up for us, I swear I'll fire your ass quicker than you can say Betty Crocker is a ho." Naraku had been changing onto uniform on the sidelines, when he stopped. "Your game was fucked up the moment you came up with the wack idea to even have a team. Where the hell do you get the idea that Inuyasha, Miroku, or anybody out there can play ball? I can't even play ball. And neither can you and we know it." He walked off.

The rest of the game passed quickly to Naraku. Perhaps it was because he was actually playing. Maybe because he was really having some fun, being able to cooperate with everyone else, not even trying to kill anyone from Inuyasha's gang or take the jewel shards from Kouga's legs. He smiled at the antics of his team mates at times, and even managed a laugh or two. At the end, he clapped everyone on the back. "Good game, eh? Pretty exciting!"

"What the fuck are you so happy about?! We lost!" Yozaru screamed at him. "And not by just a little bit either. 120 to 0. We got our asses handed to us and here you are just as happy and gay as can be. Man, calm the fuck down!" He slammed the ball down on the ground so hard, it popped, then stormed off to a small section being used as a make-shift dressing room.

Naraku shrugged. "So, dosen't concern me any," he said to himself. "Actually, it does," Sesshomaru said. He started scribbling on the play board, the dry erase board still sitting on the sidelines. "Let's see, you made a wrong pass in the first quarter, you ran into four players during the second, you flirted with the cheerleaders on both teams during half-time, you called a time out during the third quarter for a splinter in your finger that had been there for two days, and in the fourth quarter, you broke the backboard when you went up for a layup, which evidently missed horribly. So, in all, your check as of current is about...17 yen."

Naraku exploded. "17 yen! Some little Somalian kid could make more than that in a day! What the hell ever happened to minimum wage?" Sesshomaru did his infamous smirk. "Remember, I'm not above the law, I am the law." He gave a almost maniacle laugh and walked off, leaving Naraku to stare at the measly figure of his pay check.


So, I hope no one was offended by what I wrote at the begining. Like I said, I got that idea from Soul Plane, and I'm quite sure whites (or any race for that matter) really runs and clutches their purses or locks their doors when blacks walk by (or at least, I've never seen anyone do that to me, and I'm black). So, whether you hated it, or liked it, review please!