InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Got Any Spare Change? ❯ Hatred and Basketball ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Warning: This chapter has some explicit dialouge. Not exactly intended for those under about...hm, I'll say about sixteen. Any one else can read if you want to, but remember this warning! And even those who are over sixteen may be offended by some of the context. But if you want to risk it, don't say I didn't warn you!

Hatred And Basketball

Naraku walked across Taisho Unlimited's front garden, heading toward the sprinkler that watered a corner, when suddenly everyone gasped and a few women screamed. Sesshomaru strode up to him. "I do belive I've found the missing link! Or is that you, Onigumo, looking like you just climbed out of the dumpster again?" Naraku ignored him and kept going to the sprinkler. Sesshomaru called to someone over his shoulder. "Oh, James, would you turn the water off? I think the lawn is watered enough." Just as Naraku reached the little spouts of water, it stopped flowing.


Sesshomaru snickered and muttered something that sounded like, "Sasquash's cousin," before walking off. Naraku tried to brush the mud off, but it only caked up more on each side he tried to clean. Finally he gave up on that and started rolling in the muddy water made from the sprinker. This only succeeded in making him dirtier, if possible. Feeling miserable, he sat down against a tree in the shadows, wanting to be left alone. Kohanu wouldn't let him.

"Hi, Onigumo!" Naraku blew in his face, giving him a low dosage of his miasma. Kohanu corrected himself. "I mean, good morning, Naraku! What a lovely day, isn't it?" Naraku gave him a long stare. "Look, why the fuck are you talking to me? Don't you think that if I wanted to conversate, I would be over there with everyone else?" Kohanu seemed taken aback for a moment, then said, "I thought it was because you looked like Big Foot's sister. But if you don't want to be bothered--" "Which I don't," Naraku said,-- "Then I'll respect that and leave. But all I wanted to do was introduce you to my cousin, who works for the city electric company and if you ever have any "power" issues, you could call him and he'd help you as a kindness to me, and--" "I'm not that fuckin' broke! Just because in less than a month I lost my condo, convertible with the suicide doors, and seven girlfriends, dosen't mean I'm just dead broke!" "Um, actually it does," Kohanu's cousin said.

Naraku stared at him next. "And who the fuck are you?" "I'm Kohanu's cousin." "No, seriously, who the fuck are you?" "My name is Yozaru, and I am sixth cousin to Kohanu, and last of the dog demons." Naraku raised an eye brow at the boy's sudden theatrical voice. 'Last of the dog demons'? Was that supposed to be some kind of honerable title? "Well, I guess you bet's get to screwing before your precious race dies out." Yozaru gave a small smile.

"It's not that simple for me." Naraku blinked. "What, you can't get it to stay up long enough to shoot off a round?" Both the other boys' eyes popped open, but Yozaru regained his composure quicker. "No, it's just that I'm not into girls." Naraku laughed. "Don't tell me you're some kind of fag!" "Actually, yes, I am gay." Naraku's laughter came to a halt. "You're kidding me, right? I mean, what guy dosen't like getting front butt?" Yozaru smiled slowly at him again. "I can kind of get just that from another male if you know what I mean." Naraku's eyes widened and he gagged. "Damn, I had to ask, didn't I?"

Kohanu jumped back in the conversation. "Naraku, do you have a problem with my cousin being gay? Cause if you do, I don't think I can work with you any more." "That's fine with me!" Naraku all but shouted, getting happy at the thought of not having to deal with his insistant chatter any more. Kohanu stared at him agahst, then turned and left. Yozaru put his thumb to his ear and his pinky near his mouth and lipped, "Call me," before following his cousin. Naraku shuddered.

"Ay, yo, Naraku!" Inuyasha shouted from across the lawn. "Come on, it's time for the company basketball game!" "I ain't playing!" Naraku called back. Sesshomaru came and stood beside Inuyasha. He mouthed something that looked like "Kaede". Naraku unwillingly got up and headed over to them.

"Okay, huddle up," Sesshomaru said, getting everyone together. It was him, Inuyasha, Naraku, Kouga, Miroku, Kohanu, Yozaru, and Akitoki, who looked like he was trying too hard to fit in, with the skin-tight head band and the knee-high socks. Sesshomaru stared at Naraku, then shook his head. "I ought to make you the team mascot, but my father had it being an Akita dog, since that's what we dog demons who are gathered here today are biased from. Any ways, our opponents are the Coca-Cola Crushers. Now, they play a pretty strong defense, and, well, hell, a pretty strong offense too. How about this. If we beat them, I'll give a raise to all of you. If we lose...let's just say we don't want that to happen."

Yozaru raised his hand. "If they're the Crushers, who are we?" Sesshomaru gave a smirk and a small glint lit up in his eyes. "We're the Taisho Twisters." A groan went up from everyone. "Hey, hey, hey! I don't wanna hear that! My father was a great demon lord who--" "Man, he's my old man too, and even I'm getting tired of hearing about him!" Inuyasha said. "No body cares what daddy did!" Sesshomaru glared at him, then walked over to a large dry-erase board sitting up on tri-pod.

"So, here's the plan. The ball will start off with Kouga, who will do a back side pass to Miroku, who will pass it to Inuyasha, who will hand it over to Kohanu, who will bounce it to Yozaru, who will pass it back to Kouga, who will go up for a powerful three-pointer all in the first thirty seconds of the game. Got it?" "What about me?" Akitoku asked. Sesshomaru started smirking again. "Do you think that we'd put a human in the game?" "I resent that!" Miroku said. Sesshomaru continued. "How about you be the mascot, eh?" "But Jinenji has the job already," Akitoki said.

All eyes turned to the other half-demon, standing on the side of the court. He was wearing the mascot costume, but due to his size, the head of the white Akita dog only covered his eyes, and his arms and legs had ripped through the parts appropriated for them. Sesshomaru face-palmed, then turned back to Akitoki. "I'll send you in when I need you. Like Onigumo." He glanced at the spider demon. "So, what, I'm a bench warmer?" Naraku spat. "Oh, of course not! Bench warmer is such a strong word! I'd rather use the term...extra cheerleader." He clapped him on the shoulder and started to walk away, when something caught his eye. "You're not going to play in penny loafers are you? God, Onigumo, where's your class?"

Naraku seethed but once again held his tounge. At least when they lost (which he hoped they did), he wouldn't be to blame for it. He sat down on the bench, and did a double take when he saw Akitoki doing stretches on the side as if he was really going to get any play time. Damn, he's just a dumb and clueless as Kohanu. Then he looked to his left, where there was a very small group of girls in white, blue, and gold cheerleader outfits. The group consisted of Kagome, Sango, and Kagura...wait, Kagura?! With her bright red lipstick and short skirt, she really did look like a hooker. What the hell is she doing? And who's that little girl? No, not Kanna!

Kanna was holding two pom-poms, a gold one and a blue one, which were too big for her and was suffocating her like air bags. When she tried to put them down, she just about did a front flip. Great, where's Hakudoshi now? Naraku scanned the crowds, which were sitting down in the bleachers that had been moved near the court for the occasion. He finally caught sight of his last incarnation. Hakudoshi had one hand in his pocket, the other above Rin's head. The little girl was giggling at something he was saying, and twisting the hem of her kimono in her hands while rocking back and forth on her heels. Damn, since when did he know how to spit game? First one and already the kid's a pro! But he get it from his daddy!

A whistle blew and the first quarter began. Naraku settled back, prepared to take a long nap. He figured this was the closest to a paid vacation as he would get.

Anyone recognize the name of the movie where I got the title from? Well actually, I changed the first word of both. The title would be the opposite of hate. That should be a good enough clue. Anyways, review and tell me your thoughts!