InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Got Any Spare Change? ❯ Anonymous ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Well, this chapter didn't exactly start the ball rolling on getting to the end of the story, but some of the things that happen in it will be mentioned later. So, read and enjoy!

Anonymous
(Titled that mostly because I can't come up with a good chapter name! Any other ideas?)

Despite the previous day's events, Sesshomaru was in a good mood as he read the morning's newspaper. The picture of Jaken kissing his rear end had make front pages. The title read "Brings a new meaning to the term "Kissing ass." And yes, those were the exact words it said. Since Sesshomaru also owned the newspapers, he held say over what and what could not be printed, which was just about everything, meaning that a child could flip through it and instead of finding the morning funnies, would end up seeing perhaps a porn cartoon. Remember, Sesshomaru wasn't just above the law. He was the law (I like that phrase and yet I don't even know what movie I got it from!)

Shaking his head, he set the newspaper down with a slight smile on his face. Very slight, closer to his traditional smirk than a smile. Then he picked up a single sheet of paper, reading it over for a moment before pressing a button on his desk. "Ayame, would you send Onigumo up to my office?" No answer. "Ayame?" There was a shuffling of clothes, too loud to be one person, then a loud wet smack. A hurried and annoyed Ayame fianlly answered. "What?" "Remember your manners Ayame. I'd like for you to send Onigumo to my office. Oh, and your forbidden to interact in any way with that wolf while in the building or on its property. That'll be all, thank you." With a loud huff, Ayame hung up.

A moment later, Naraku walked through Sesshomaru's door. Rather than waiting to be offered a seat, which he knew would never happen, he seated himself, pulling up a guest chair. Even they were luxurious, but still didn't compare to Sesshomaru's lavish one.

Looking around the room, Naraku saw on the wall to the right of Sesshomaru's desk a picture of several dogs playing poker. But unlike the original painting, Sesshomaru had had a minature version of his transformed self placed amongst them, four aces laid down in front of him and his greedy paws reaching out to envelop the chips on the table. But of course. On the opposite wall was a picture of himself, his father, and, get this, Inuyasha. The late Inutaisho's arm was drapped casually around his oldest son's teenage shoulder, who looked uncomfortable but nonetheless offered a slight smile, not too unlike the one he had put on earlier.

Inuyasha, who had evidently been digitized in because of course Inutaisho was dead before he had reached that age, was about the same age as Sesshomaru. Only those who didn't know of the inu's history would have figured this was a natural portrait. But a slight mistake in placing gave Inuyasha away. His head was leaning against his father's,something that wasn't likely to have ever happened, making his forehead rest on his dad's lower chin, something that probably wouldn't ever have happened. Likely what was supposed to be there was Kagome, but she had literally been tooken out of the picture to make this. This almost homely scene. Even the background suggested peace among the family, with a beautiful setting of them sitting in front of a fully bloomed cherry blossom tree, pedals dancing down upon them.

Naraku coudn't help but smile. What the hell had given Sesshomaru the idea to do this? And much less to hang it up in a public place as his office? And right across from a picture of the real him, a greedy monster amongst the broke? He shook his head and looked up and Sesshomaru set down the paper and looked at him.

"Onigumo, how long has it been since we've been able to have a one-on-one talk like this? Four, maybe five days?" "It was the day before yesterday when you wanted to see proof that I had went to church." "Ah, yes! My how time flies! Anyways, I called you in to talk about the memo you gave me yesterday. And I must say that this wasn't what I was expecting." "I didn't put that on your desk. I randomly typed something so Inuyasha would have a reason to come into your office to see you and your little imp friend actin' an ass." Though Sesshomaru's cheerful smile remained, his eye twitched.

"Well, in any case, I have to say that your randome typing has produced a very good idea. Looking at it, I'm wondering why I hadn't come up with the idea. It's so simple yet so ingenious! Sell different flavors of the drink! I mean, people will only drink fruit punch, grape, and orange for so long. So, if you introduce a new drink flavor, you have more people buying the product to get a taste of it. Yes, Onigumo, I think I mistakened you for an idiot when I hired you. Such an idea! I think I'll take full credit of it, considering it is so simple." Examining the paper again, he shooed Naraku away. "Okay, you can go now."

Naraku stood up, ready to fight this one out. "That was my idea! You can't just go and steal it!" "Actually, one: It wasn't copywrited. Two: Who the fuck copywrites flavors. And three: Kaede." Naraku picked up on the hint about him being fired with no benefits from the company, but he was beyond caring. "And? I'm not eighty years old, I can get anothe job--" "Can you? Is that why you're working for me?" "You know, you can only threaten me with that line for only so long, before I--" Before you what?" Sesshomaru got up out of his seat and walked around front of the desk to get in Naraku's face.

"I own the job you work for, your cheap ass apartment, your life. I even own the shit you take in the toilet perhaps everymorning, because since I run everything, I choose what foods are available here, so I decide what you eat, if you eat, therefore regulating when you sit your broke ass on that porcelain chair which probably costs more right now than everything you own. If I wanted to, I could make all of the resturants vegitarian-friendly, that way that man that went through all that hassle just for a simple meatless whooper could eat in peaceeverywhere. Of course, without his fickle demands, I wouldn't have met you, lifes little failure, now would I? I bet that job's looking more like working CIA for the pope every minute now, doesn't it? Get out of my sight, you disgust me."

Naraku complained the entire time he was riding the elevator back to his floor. There had to be someone he could report this to. But no, Sesshomaru was right. He held all the cards and for him, everthing was a royal flush that got him everything. He gave a deep sigh, then punched the elevator. Unfortuantly, he punched the button panel, making the box stop twelve floors above his destination and in between floors at that. The small area was plunged into darkness and immediatly, Naraku's heart beats got faster. He was scared of the dark.

He could kill someone without second thought, he could torture some body until they thought that they'd go mad. He loved playing with people's emotions, a favorite past time next to knitting and baking cheese fondue. But darkness had always been the one thing that he was terrified of. It all had started back when he was a wee child...

Little Onigumo had always loved going to the candy shop. In fact, he was the shop's main customer. Everyday he'd go in there and buy all kinds of Whizz-Whoppers and Doodle-Poppers, and (don't I sound like Willy Wonka? Good, that's the point.) well, you get the picture. The kid was a candie junkie. Anyways, moving along, one day Onigumo had accidentally stayed too late at the candy shop trying to finish a lollipop and though he was giving it all he got, he didn't finish it all, though he didn't stop, whoa!

A/N: Wonder why I make that last sentence rhyme? It was some lyrics from 50 Cent's song Candy Shop, which goes "I'll take you to the candy shop. I'll let you lick the lollipop. Go head girl, don't you stop. Keep going till you hit that spot, whoa!" Sorry, this too is a bit graphic because of course the "lollipop" isn't really a lollipop. You get the picture. Moving along!

So, now that the candy shop was closed, Onigumo had no choice but to go home. As he walked down the dark alleys, all sounds seemed to want to reach his ears, making him jump at every thing. But one particular noise scared him. It was a scraping sound, as though someone was dragging a dead weight around. He picked up his pace, but since he was obese, it only changed from a waddle to a faster wobble. Going as fast as could be expected of him, Onigumo tripped over his fat, landing face first in a pile of dog shit. Turning around to see what was following him, he noticed a large box shapped silhouette. "Noooooo!" Was all he could scream before the box was upon him. It was his parents car, the dragging sound being the muffler. Still, he never got over his fear of the dark.

Going twenty-five years ahead, here sat a grown Naraku sitting in a dark elevator, cowering in a corner as though that was really going to save him from anything that might have been in there. Rationality told him he was a long, but in his mind's eye, he was being tooken back to that dark alley and his mother's muffler dragging on the streets. Closing his eyes, he eventually fell asleep.

Two hours later, he woke up with a group of people standing over him. "Man, Naraku! Everybody was starting to hope that you had up and died since you were gone so long," Inuyasha said. "And boy was it a sight when we found you! You were huddled up in a ball in the corner of the elevator like a little bitch, crying and sweating your ass off!" Naraku sat up and started to walk off, when Ayamuri caught up to him. "Look, it's okay. We all have our fears. Mine used to be that I was terrified of bannana pudding. But after I went to Pudding Phobia Anonymous, I got over it and was finally able to sit down and act like a decent person in front of people when bannana pudding was being served. I still don't eat it, but at least I can look it in its face and say "Ha! You thought you had me scared with your mean looks, didn't you? Well, look who can look back!" It feels great! Maybe you should join a support group or something."

Naraku thought that it was a stupid idea. But if they had support groups for people scared of -- bannana pudding?--then there must be somewhere that could help him. He made a mental note of it and continued to his cramped ass cubicle, where he searched the net looking for a place not unlike Pudding Phobia Anonymous.


Okay, even I have to say that this chapter perhaps lacked my usual amout of comedy. But it's late at night, 12:56 to be precise and I'm tired. I just wanted to get something out there for tommorow (today, Saturday) so all of you kind folks who read my stories had something to...well, read! I hope nonetheless you enjoyed it. Do the dew and review to tell me your thoughts! (That rhymed!)