InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Guardian Angel of the Loved ❯ The Truth Is A Haunting One ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Guardian Angel of the Loved

Chapter 6: The Truth Is A Haunting One

 

"Kikyou helped you?!" I said, completely shocked. "She helped us, Kagome,"InuYasha replied calmly. Miroku and Sango were as shocked as me. However, they were shocked at the fact that InuYasha was actually alive. I sighed, turning away, looking out the window instead. InuYasha's gaze was on me, I could tell. I closed my eyes, thinking over what InuYasha had just told me. Kikyou had ressurected InuYasha, apparently for us. I still didn't understand why she did it, she gave up her soul. But why? To show InuYasha she still loved him or to show she thought we should be together? It was confusing. I sighed again, putting my head in my hands. InuYasha stepped closer but I shook my head,"N-no...I need to think,"I whispered and walked out the doorway. I walked to the cliff side again and sat down on the edge carefully. I pulled my knees up to my chin and breathed in the salty air. Kikyou had helped me? It was so unbelievable. I couldn't even look InuYasha straight in the eye after he told me. It was like Kikyou was watching me now. I shuddered at the thought and closed my eyes.

I was so deep in thought, I almost fell off the cliff when Sango sat down and laid her hand on my shoulder. She smiled and whispered,"It's only me, you okay?" I shrugged, looking across the ocean. After a moment's silence Sango said,"He's still the same person, Kagome. Just because Kikyou's soul keeps him alive doesn't mean she's possessed him," It's like she was reading my thoughts..."He's worried, Kagome, we all are. The scars on your arms..." I glared at her,"They are from Naraku!" I said, as she spoke over me,"It doesn't matter, we all know the truth, Kagome. Or at least part of it. InuYasha deserves the truth, he loves you. We all deserve it." I was speechless. She walked away and left me alone in my thoughts,'The truth...it hurts me so how can I tell them?' I sighed and stood up, walking into the forest.

I walked up to the tree, InuYasha's tree, and leaned against it, built up tears of frustration flowing down my face. I practiced what I would say in my head over and over until the tears stopped and I stood up. I took a deep breath and walked slowly out of the forest. The sun was already setting, how much time had gone by? 'I'm losing my mind along with a sense of time...' I thought. I walked into Kaede's house and into the room where Sango, Miroku, Kaede, Shippou and of course InuYasha were gathered. Oh my dear InuYasha...will you still love me when this is over? I smiled slightly, InuYasha sitting in the corner with his arms crossed, Miroku sitting near the fire his staff on his shoulder, Sango also sitting by the fire with Shippou on her shoulder, and Kaede stirring a soup. It was so comforting the way they were. 'They're like my family...I love them all but I continue building lies around them...'I thought,'I'm cruel, so here goes the truth...'

"You guys..." I said, fighting back my tears. The truth would hurt them as much as it hurt me, but they deserved it.

 

What doesn't destroy you makes you stronger...