InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Guns, Swords, and Youkai Oh My! ❯ New Friends and Foes ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Guns, Swords, and Youkai Oh My

Chapter 1: New Friends and Foes

"What is going on?" Meryl yelled to Millie, Wolfwood, and Vash.

"What? What are you talking about?" Vash asked.

"Over there," she said pointing, "There was a huge explosion."

"Come on let's go!" Wolfwood hollered as he ran towards the blast site carrying his cross. "Hey wait up!" Vash called and followed his friend.

"What happened here?" Wolfwood asked a woman standing nearby.

"Over there is a huge battle between six men," she said, "three look like they are fighting for good, but the other three, you can tell all they fight for is evil".

"I see thanks a lot," Wolfwood said and ran to where the battle was.

"Come on needle noggin what are you waiting for?" Wolfwood yelled.

"Hold on Wolfwood," Vash yelled, "We have to find out what the good guys look like so we end up fighting the evil dudes."

"Oh yeah that's probably a good idea. What a good idea Vash you… you had a good idea is this possible?" Wolfwood asked and ran back to Vash and the woman.

"Miss could you tell us what they looked like please," Vash asked nicely.

"Yeah what looked like to be the leader of the group of the bad guys is a man in a white coat with purple-grayish hair and gold eyes."

"Legato," Vash said angrily clenching his fists.

"You know them?" she asked.

"Well the leader. What did the others look like?"

"The other two well one of them looks like he was very badly burned some years ago, he is covered in bandages and wears a purple robe like thing that he only has on one arm the other sleeve hangs freely, he also had a sword I believe it was a Japanese sword. The last guy looks like a young man with long black hair, he was wearing a purple and black outfit but when he first arrived he was wearing a white baboon skin."

"I see," Wolfwood said, "It looks like Legato has found some new friends."

"What did the good guys look like?" Vash asked.

"Well one looks like an older man he has short black hair with a few strands of it hanging down in front of his eyes, he is wearing a police uniform, he also had a sword with him. The other was a younger man looked to be about 19 or 20 years old, he is wearing a white outfit with the Japanese symbol for "bad" on his back, he also wears a red ribbon around his head, if you ask me that isn't very smart they could just come up from behind and grab it, he has spiky brown hair to, you really can't miss him. The third and last man is kinda wimpy looking, he wears a purple top with white pants, has a sword also, he has long red hair pulled back into a pony tail and has a cross-shaped scar on his left cheek" she said, "And that's about all I can tell you boys."


"Ok thank you very much for all your help," Vash said and they both ran off to the fight.

"Hey Kenshin Look Out!" Sanosuke yelled.

"Don't worry Sano I've got him that I do," a man with long hair and a cross-shaped scar yelled as he blocked his enemy's attack with his sword.

"Hey Moron Don't Just Stand There Come On Help Us!" Saitou also known as the Wolf of Mibu yelled at Sano a young man with brown spiky hair.

"I told you Saitou don't call me moron!" Sano yelled back.

"Well then do something!" Saitou said as he used his katana to perform his best attack the Gatotsu on his opponent.

"What the heck is going on here?" Wolfwood yelled as he and Vash finally reached the battlefield.

"Huh?" they all replied together as they stared at these to new fighters.

"Who might you be?" the man wrapped in bandages asked.

"I am Vash the Stampede and this is my friend Wolfwood and we're here to stop you Legato," Vash said.

"Legato do you know these fools?" the man with long black hair asked.

"Yes," Legato replied, "These two are indeed a force to be reckoned with I suggest we destroy them now".

"Right, I want the blonde," the man with long hair said.

"No Naraku he is mine," Legato informed him.

"Oh I see well I guess I'll have to settle with the church man it still sounds fun," he said.

"Legato why don't you and Naraku have fun with blonde and the preacher I can take these three," the man in bandages said.

"Very well Shishio you may have your fun with them," Legato replied and walked to Vash and Wolfwood who where ready to fight.

"So preacher does that cross come with its own ID card? I hope so cause after I'm done with you there will be nothing left to identify your body."

"No sorry no ID card," Wolfwood replied, "But it does come with it's own weaponry."

"Huh what the heck are you talking about it's a cross not a gun," Naraku said.

"That's what you think," Wolfwood said and pulled the black strips that held the cloth on his cross.

"What the hell is that a gun?" Naraku asked.

"Yep it sure is and it's got a bullet that really wants to meet your brain," Wolfwood told him.

"Who cares a gun is not match for me!" he yelled and began to transform.

"What the heck what are you?" Wolfwood asked.

"Your worst nightmare," Naraku replied.

"Preacher watch out his arms he transforms he's arms turn into roots," Sano yelled.

"What'd you say he transforms is that possible?" Wolfwood asked.

"Get ready," Saitou yelled as he blocked another attack from Shishio, "he's going to use it."

"I'm ready," Wolfwood said and got his cross ready. "Alright you freak die!" he yelled and started shooting the roots that where coming out of Naraku's arms.

"Naraku your mine!" a new fighter in a red outfit with long sliver hair appeared out of nowhere and attacked Naraku but being the guy he is didn't notice Wolfwood and tripped over him taking himself down and bringing Wolfwood along for the ride.

"Who is that?" Shishio yelled.

"This is crazy these people are coming from everywhere," Sano said as he tried to help Kenshin and Vash fight Legato.

"Damn its Inuyasha," Narkau said and began to retreat Wolfwood, Inuyasha, and Saitou chasing him.

"Hey Naraku get back here!" Legato yelled as he took out his gun and tried to shoot Kenshin but missed.

"Legato, Shishio I will return more powerful than ever," Naraku said and used his mysterious powers to disappear.

"Man there's to many we have to leave Legato," Shishio said.

"I will return and I will kill you all, mark my words by the time we are done you will all die!" Legato said as he used his mind powers to transport himself and Shishio to a safe place.

"Who the hell are all you people?" Wolfwood asked.

"You!" Inuyasha yelled and walked angrily toward Wolfwood, "You got in my way I could have killed him if it wasn't for you," he said.

"Inuyasha stop right now!" a girl in a white an green school uniform with a little fox youkai yelled, "Inuyasha don't hurt them they where only trying to help."

"I don't care what they where doing Kagome they still got in my way."

"Inuyasha sit," Kagome said and Inuyasha fell face first on the ground.

"Inuyasha, Kagome, Shippo are you all right?" a monk in a black and blueish-purple outfit asked along with a woman, a youkai slayer with a huge boomerang made from youkai bones that she called hiraikotsu she was in a black outfit with pink armor and a little white and black kitty youkai.

"Oh, Miroku yes we are fine but how did you get here?" Kagome asked,

"We saw Naraku come out of the well and though he might of attacked you," Sango informed them.

"I see but how did you get here the well will only transport you if you have a jewel shard," Kagome said.

"I gave them a piece of the jewel Kagome just incase they needed to come here to help you," Shippo said.

"Oh ok I get it good thinking Shippo," Kagome said.

"What jewel, well, Naraku what the hell are you talking about?" Wolfwood asked.

"Well you see," Kagome began, "A long time ago Inuyasha loved this priestess named Kikyo it was her job to guard the jewel if a youkai got it's hands on the jewel it would become the most powerful thing on earth Naraku knew about this and used his powers to trick Kikyo and Inuyasha into hating and killing each other Kikyo used her magic arrows to seal Inuyasha to a tree. The way I met Inuyasha was there is this well by my house and I was trying to get my cat for my brother Sota and fell through the well and a giant centipede youkai attacked me next thing I knew I was at the bottom of the well so I climbed out of it and found myself in a whole different time the well had sent me back in time to Feudal Japan. I started walking and saw Inuyasha still sealed to the tree. I went up to see if he was alive and the giant centipede tried to kill me again. Inuyasha started moving and started talking to me he told me to pull out the arrow so I did and he was free and killed the youkai, then he tried to kill my because I had the jewel inside of me."

"What how did you have the jewel inside of you," Vash interrupted.

"When Kikyo died she had the jewel burned along with her remains I am the reincarnation of Kikyo and the jewel was in my body the centipede youkai cut my side open and tried to get it. Inuyasha is a half youkai he wanted the jewel to become a whole youkai so he tried to kill me. Kikyo's little sister Kaede saved me by using a spell to make a rosary Inuyasha cannot remove and every time I say, "sit" he comes tumbling down and has a face full of dirt. Oh I'm sorry Inuyasha I didn't mean it," Kagome said looking at Inuyasha who had his face in the dirt.

"I understand that I think," Sano said, "But what about that Naraku guy?"

"He is still trying to get the jewel so he is trying to get rid of us to get the pieces we have," Sango said.

"How did all of you meet each other?" Kenshin asked, "Was it something Naraku did?"

"Yes," Mirkou answered, "Kagome and Inuyasha met by good luck but we met each other because of him. In my right hand is an air void my grandfather was cursed by Naraku and the curse has been passed down through my family I have been trying to get revenge against him ever since my father was sucked into his own void."

"My village was attacked my Naraku," Sango started, "He tricked my family into slaying a youkai so we would leave the village and give him a good chance to kill them all. He killed everyone then his men attacked us he killed everyone except my brother Kohaku and myself. He started controlling Kohaku so he tried to kill me then his men killed Kohaku and tried to kill me that is when Naraku thought up a plan for me to kill Inuyasha he saved my life and told me Inuyasha had been the one who killed everyone in my village. I believed him and tried to kill Inuyasha then I learned the truth Inuyasha and Kagome let me join their mission and now I have been fighting with then and Miroku trying to kill Naraku."

"And me," Shippo said, "Naraku gave some pieces of the jewel to The Thunder Brothers and they used them to kill my father now I also am seeking revenge."

"I see," Kenshin said, "So this Naraku is a very powerful person he might even be more powerful than Shishio."

"Shishio, that guy in all the bandages?" Vash asked.

"Yes he fought in the same war as I did ten years ago. He was shot in the head then burned alive some how he survived and now is trying to take over all of Kyoto."

"And you and your friends are trying to stop Shishio," Shippo said.

"Yes oh forgive me this is Saitou he is one of the survivors of Mibu and this is Sano he used to be a fighter for hire he was hired to kill me and that is how we met," Kenshin said.

"Hey dog breath what's going on," a man that looked somewhat like a wolf yelled as he sat in a tree watching them talk.

"Oh no not you," Inuyasha said, "Why don't you get out of here Koga, go back to that hole in the ground you call a cave and teach your wolves to pick up their own poop instead of making you do it for them!" Inuyasha yelled back.

"I see you haven't changed one bit," Koga said and jumped down from the tree.

"What do you mean?" Inuyasha asked.

"You still have no idea how to control your mutt temper in the presents of a lovely lady such as Kagome."

"What did you say wolf, why don't you run on home with your tail between your legs," Inuyasha said angrily.

"Why because I know if I do you'll find some way to get Kagome into trouble and I'll have be around to save her. Honestly Kagome why do hang around with this mutt of a youkai?" Koga asked taking Kagome's hands and holding them in his, "If you came with me you wouldn't have to worry about anything I would protect you from everything you could do whatever you wanted you wouldn't have to stay here with a half breed dog."

"I really don't think they like each other," Vash said.

"Vash," Wolfwood replied, "Please don't point out the obvious tell us something we don't know for once."

"Umm… Koga," Kagome said, "Can you please leave for a little while I really don't want any more trouble we have had enough for one day."

"I see I guess you have had enough so I'll leave you with your friends and the mutt but remember you're my woman and I will come back for you," Koga said and left to return to the well.

"Oh please," Inuyasha said, "That wolf couldn't find his way out of a paper bag let along the way to a woman's heart."

"Inuyasha you shouldn't be one to talk," Sango said, "You aren't the most charming person I've ever met either."

"What, what are you saying that Kagome likes Koga more than me no way," Inuyasha said and looked at Kagome, "You do like me more than Koga right Kagome?" Inuyasha asked noticing the way Kagome was looking in the way Koga had gone.

"I dunno Inuyasha," Wolfwood said, "It looks like she likes that Koga guy more than you look at the way she is smiling."

"Kagome!" Inuyasha yelled "Please don't tell me you like him more than me!"

"I'm not telling you it's none of your business," Kagome said.

"But Kagome please tell me so they will get off my back," Inuyasha begged.

"Sit," Kagome said and started to walk away.

"Kagome?" Sango asked following her, "You really don't like Koga more than Inuyasha do you?"

"No not really," Kagome said, "I'm just doing it to get on Inuyasha's nerves," she said with a little laugh.

"Oh yeah that will get on his nerves," Sango said laughing as well.

"Hey Kagome, Sango don't just leave I need to know," Inuyasha yelled and ran after them.

"Hey you guys where are you going you have to help us stop Naraku, Shishio, and Legato!" Miroku yelled.

"Don't worry where just going back to my house for awhile you all can come if you'd like!" Kagome hollard back.

"Let's go you guys," Sano said, "Legato and his henchmen left so they aren't going to do any damage now and besides we need to stick together."

"I agree with Sano," Vash said and started walking to Kagome and Sango.

"Well I guess we have no choice," Saitou said and began to follow Vash along with Kenshin, Wolfwood, Miroku, and Shippo.

"Yes we should fight together that we should, but I can't help wondering why did these three pair up are they trying to kill Vash like Legato wants or are they trying to get the jewel like Kagome said or do they want to take over Kyoto like Shishio wants?" Kenshin asked.

"I bet they are trying to do all three," Miroku replied, "They want the jewel so they can kill Vash so he'll be out of the way and make it easier for them to take over Tokyo."

"Yes but Vash isn't the strongest one here is he?" Saitou asked.

"No I don't believe so but they also didn't count on all of us being here either. Saitou didn't you tell me before you, Sanosuke, and Kenshin started to fight Shishio and the others they were looking for a man in a red coat with blond hair?" Miroku asked.

"Yes that's who they said they were going to get rid of," Saitou replied.

"See," Miroku said, "They didn't know we where going to join this battle they must of thought they would only have to fight Vash and Wolfwood."

"Yes you are probably right," Kenshin replied, "That is why they ran off when they saw Vash, Wolfwood, Inuyasha and the others arrive because they knew they couldn't win that they could not."

"Yeah but now this means they are going to train a lot harder and get more jewel shards doesn't it?" Shippo asked.

"Yes it does," Miroku replied.

"So," Saitou interrupted "We'll just have to train harder to and be ready when they decided to attack again."

"I have another question," Kenshin said, "That Koga fellow is he in love with Kagome and is Inuyasha in love with her as well?"

"Yeah," Shippo answered, "Inuyasha loves Kagome but Koga does to because in a battle with some bird youkai Koga was badly hurt and Inuyasha wanted to kill him but Kagome wouldn't let him and from then on Koga has just loved Kagome."

"I see," Saitou said, " But how did Koga get through the well and into this time? And is Inuyasha a half youkai? I noticed Koga called Inuyasha a half breed quit a few times."

"Koga got here by the jewel shards in his legs," Miroku said, "The only way to get to this time is with a piece of the jewel."

"And," Shippo interrupted, "Inuyasha is half dog youkai and half human his mother was a human, but his older brother, Sesshomaru is a full youkai they had different mothers. And one reason Inuyasha hates Koga is because Koga is a full wolf youkai and he is only half dog youkai so he thinks Kagome likes Koga better because he is a full youkai."

"I see," Wolfwood said, "So in this fight we have to expect anything and always keep our guard up."

"Yeah," Shippo said.

"We better hurry it looks like they are walking faster and faster," Kenshin said as they followed Kagome and Sango back to Kagome's house.

"This is a nice place you got here Kagome," Wolfwood said.

"Why thank you," Kagome replied.

"Huh what's eating you Needle Noggin?" Wolfwood asked seeing a terrified look on Vash's face.

"We… we….we forgot about Millie and Meryl. We left them behind they are still at that other village," Vash said.

"Those two girls who where chasing you yesterday when you found us?" Kenshin asked.

"Yep those are the two," Wolfwood replied.

"We have to go back and get them Wolfwood," Vash said with a scared voice.

"Hey relax they will be fine," Wolfwood replied.

"It's not them I'm worried about it's us," Vash said.

"What do you mean?" Sango asked.

"When they find out we left them there and we have been here the whole time they will kill us literally."

"Oh come on now I'm sure it can't be that bad," Mirkou said, "They wont kill you."

"Well then you come with us," Vash replied.

"Ok fine I will and I'll prove to you those girls will do us no harm," Miroku said as they headed out the door to find Millie and Meryl.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

"RUN FASTER!" Wolfwood yelled.

"So they wouldn't cause us any harm huh Miroku," Vash yelled as they ran from Millie and Meryl who where about ready to kill them.

"Well how was I supposed to know that you weren't kidding when you said they would kill you?" Miroku yelled back.

"Who cares about that just run!" Wolfwood yelled.

"Hurry we have to make it back to Kagome's before they get us!" Vash yelled.

"No really when did you figure that out?" Miroku yelled back.

"How could you just leave us there you… you… you… Monkeys!" Meryl yelled from behind.

"Stop right there I'll shoot you," Millie yelled and pulled out her stun gun.

"AHHHH," they all screamed and ran as fast as they could.

"Balm!"

"She shot the stun gun everyone watch out," Wolfwood yelled.

"AHHH NO GUYS HELP ME!" Vash screamed and hit the ground.

"Sorry Needle Noggin I told you to watch out and you didn't good luck," Wolfwood yelled as he and Miroku ran to Kagome's.

"Please girls don't hurt me," Vash begged.

"Oh we're not going hurt you," Meryl said.

"Your not?" Vash asked.

"No we're not," Millie replied.

"Oh thank you," Vash said beginning to stand up.

"Hey Vash," Meryl said.

"Yes what is it?" Vash asked.

"Don't get so relaxed we said we weren't going to hurt you we never said we where going to let you get away with this," Meryl said.

"Well then what are you gonna do?" Vash asked a little nervous.

"No donuts for a month," Millie said.

"AHHHHHHH NOOOOO NOT THAT PLEASEEEE!" Vash screamed.

"That was Vash," Miroku said, "They must be doing horrible things to him."

"That's his problem," Wolfwood said as they entered Kagome's house.

"But," Miroku began.

"I told him to watch out and he didn't so it's his problem now," Wolfwood said.

"I see I guess your right and they wont really hurt him will they?"

"I'm not sure," Wolfwood replied as they entered the house.

"We're here," Millie said as they walked in Vash had tears flowing down his face.

"Vash," Sango said, "Let me take care of your wounds."

"Don't worry," Meryl said, "He doesn't have any."

"Then why is he crying?" Kenshin asked.

"Because he's a big baby," Millie replied.

"What did you do to him to make him cry like that?" Saitou asked.

"We took away his donuts for a month," Meryl said.

"You baby," Sano said, "You'd cry like that just because they took your donuts away."

"Well yeah I love donuts I can't live without them," Vash said.

"You can," Saitou said, "You can live without them you just don't want to grow up and face it like a man."

"But I don wanna," Vash cried.

"Get over it you wuss," Saitou said.

"Vash you scared me to death I really thought they hurt you," Sango said.

"You were worried about me Sango?" Vash asked.

"Well yes you're my friend aren't you shouldn't I be worried about you?"

"Yes I guess you should," Vash replied, "I'm sorry to have worried you all."

"Oh don't worry," Kenshin said, "I wasn't your fault that is wasn't."

"What do you mean it wasn't his fault it was all his fault he left us there," Meryl snapped.

"Meryl Kenshin is right," Millie said, "They didn't leave us there on purpose."

"What how can you side with them Millie? Oh, oh well it's late I'm tried and I`m never going to win this fight," Meryl said and yawned.

"Miss Kagome?" Kenshin asked.

"Yes what is it Kenshin?"

"I hope you don't think I am being rude for asking but could we stay here for the night?" Kenshin asked.

"Ummm… well… I'm not sure," she said, "Mom, mom can they stay for the night?"

"All of them," Kagome's mother asked when she entered the room and saw all of Kagome's friends standing there.

"Don't worry about me," Inuyasha said, "I sleep outside."

"Inuyasha even though you are half dog doesn't mean you have to act like one and sleep outside in the dirt," Wolfwood said.

"What you say preacher," Inuyasha said angrily.

"Nothing I was only pointing out the obvious," Wolfwood replied.

"Your really pushing it," Inuyasha said clenching his fists.

"Take it easy or I'll have to take you in the backyard and hose you down," Wolfwood replied.

"Hey mom I'm home," Kagome's little brother Sota said as he came in through the back door.

"Hi Sota," Kagome said.

"Oh Kagome you're here I thought be in Feudal Japan with Inuyasha."

"Nope I took the night off," Kagome replied, "And look who took the night off with me," Kagome said grabbing Inuyasha's arm.

"Oh wow Inuyasha I didn't know you would be here I thought you didn't like our time," Sota said happily.

"Well I really didn't have a choice in the matter," Inuyasha said a little bit annoyed.

"So Kagome who are all your friends the only one I recognize is Inuyasha," Kagome's mother said.

"Well this is Sango, Miroku, Shippo and the little kitty youkai is Kirara they help me in Feudal Japan," Kagome said.

"Hi, Hello, Pleased to meet you," They said to one another.

"Meow," Kirara said.

"And this is Kenshin, Saitou, Sano, Millie, Meryl, Vash, and Wolfwood I just met them today."

"Hi, Hey, Hello," they said to each other.

"Well I guess you all can stay," Kagome's mother said.

"Oh thanks mom," Kagome and Sato said.

"Thank you very much," everyone else said.

"Meow," Kirara replied.

"Aha ha ha she's so cute," Kagome's mom said bending down to pet Kirara.

"Mom she's not cute she's cool," Sota replied.

"Oh yes I'm sorry Sota she's cool not cute," Kagome's mother said.

"Meow," Kirara said again and began to purr as Kagome's mother petted her.

"Well it's getting last we should go to bed," Kagome's mother said.

"Umm I guess you can sleep where ever you feel comfortable there's plenty of pillows and blankets in the closet."

"I'm sleeping outside," Inuyasha said.

"Oh come on Inuyasha you don't have to," Sango said.

"Oh just let him if he wants to be a dog let him be a dog," Wolfwood replied as he helped Kenshin and Saito get the pillows.

"But it's still mean," Miroku replied.

"Ah so what he'll live, live like a dog that is," Wolfwood said.

"Ummm… Sano?" Sota asked.

"Yeah what's up," Sano replied.

"Why do Inuyasha and Wolfwood hate each other so much?"

"Well let's just say they got in each others way during a big battle," Sano said.

"Really what happened?" Sota asked.

"Well this guy named Naraku was fighting Wolfwood and Inuyasha got involved and got to close to Wolfwood and tripped over his foot, he came tumbling down and took Wolfwood down with him and they both had a nice chat with the dirt."

"Ha ha ha are you serious?" Sota asked.

"Yep dead serious."

"Oh my gosh I thought Inuyasha was to cool to do something like that," Sota said.

"Well," Sano said, "Cool isn't a word I would use for Inuyasha."

"Well then was is a word for him?" Sota asked.

"Hmmm…" Saitou interrupted, "Let's try stubborn, annoying, anti- social, and just plan hmmm… insane. Yep I think that just about covers it all."

"That's sounds like a donkey," Sota said.

"Oh don't worry Sota," Sano said, "Inuyasha doesn't suffer from his insanity he enjoys every minute of it."

"Hey I heard that!" Inuyasha yelled from outside the door.

"I'm not being mean I'm just pointing out the obvious," Saitou said.

"I'm about ready to come in there," Inuyasha yelled.

"So what," Saitou said, "I'm not afraid of you."

"And why not?" Inuyasha asked.

"Kagome could you please?" Saitou yelled to Kagome's room.

"Inuyasha sit," Kagome yelled.

"Thank you," Sano replied.

"No problem, now go to bed."

"And so you see Inuyasha we have no fear of you," Saitou said, "Now make it a lot easier on yourself and go to sleep."

"Make me."

"Kagome once more please."

"Sit Inuyasha!"

"Thank you!"

"Go to sleep you guys," Sango said and went back to Kagome's room where she, Kagome, Millie, Meryl, and Kirara were sleeping.

"Aww man," Wolfwood said, "And it was just starting to get good to."

"Oh well it can get better tomorrow," Miroku replied.

"You all are really mean to Inuyasha that you are," Kenshin said.

"That is because he has no knowledge what so ever of how to talk to people with out pissing them off," Wolfwood replied.

"I don't know what you are talking about I haven't had any problems with him," Kenshin said.

"That's because he hasn't talked to you much and you didn't have a meeting with his foot like I did," Wolfwood replied.

"Oh well you can settle it in the morning now let's get some sleep," Vash said.

"Yes I agree," Saitou said as they drifted off to sleep.