InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Halo ❯ Forever and a year ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
[Disclaimer] I don't own shit. Keep your nasty-ass lawyers to yourselves. [/Disclaimer]

A/N: LAAA!!! YATTA!! Another little thingy made out of boredom....meh. It's sad-ish. I guess.
And for the few of you that read 'The Demons,' I am contemplating on dis-continuing that fic
or writing another chapter, because, you see, I am a very busy girl ;P

------------------------------------------------------------------------ -----



It was as if he was driving in slow motion. He couldn’t get there quick enough.

‘Kagome…Please hang on…I’m coming.’ He thought, willing it to magically get to Kagome.

He drove at top speed, barley missing other cars, and still couldn’t get there fast enough.

‘Please…’ he thought as he turned a corner, at top speed, his car actually going on two wheels.


Kagome heard the nurses and doctors around her. She watched them all in a blur, not really hearing them, actually. All she could hear were doctors yelling at nurses and nurses yelling back. And a very annoying beeps; its frequency changing constantly.

Then, a thought hit her. ‘Why am I in a hospital? Why are there doctors around me? Where’s InuYasha?’

She thought it over slowly, as she did so, the noises slowly got quieter and quieter until they were a dull whisper. She felt a soft throb in her body, but ignored it as she thought.

InuYasha parked his car in the emergency parking. Not caring, he got out of the car, leaving it on, the stereo still blaring. He ran into the hospital at mach nine, quickly asking the nurse where Kagome Hugurashi’s room was and then taking off once again. Again, he wasn’t moving as fast as he wanted to be. Well, actually, he didn’t want to be moving at all. He wanted to be glued to Kagome’s side…but that wasn’t happening.

‘Why did we have to fight? Why did this happen? Why did I have to piss her off? Why did she have to leave? Why, Why,’ “WHY?!?!” He screamed at himself as he ran; panic beginning to settle itself inside of him. As he rounded a corner, he finally saw Kagome’s room. And doctors. And heard lots and lots of screaming. He ran to the end of the hall, reaching her room and trying to get through all the doctors and nurses.

One nurse came up to him, and he had to struggle to keep from hitting her into the wall.

“I’m sorry sir, but you can’t be in here. This is a critical situation,” she said, looking at him dully.

He glared at her, putting any human glare to shame. “Get outta my way, bitch,” he said, in a deadly cold whisper. The nurse shrunk back, pressing herself against the wall and out of his way. Finally, InuYasha got through all the doctors and nearly died at the site of Kagome.

She was terribly cut up and bleeding heavily. He thought he could tell one of her legs was broken…no leg was supposed to point that way. He slowly looked at her face to find it calm but horribly cut up.

His hands clenched and he quickly looked at the heart monitor, seeing that it was slowly going down he began to panic. He started yelling at the doctors. “HURRY UP!! SHE’S GONNA DIE!!”

The doctors ignored him and some tried to get him out. That went over…pretty much like a lead balloon. He pushed a few of them to the side with ease and was at Kagome’s side in lest that a millisecond, grasping her hand tightly as he watched her fade.

He leaned forward so he could look her in the eyes, even if they were closed. He whispered: “Kagome… Everything is going to be okay, okay? I love you, and I’m sorry…” he paused as his voice broke and hit a sudden higher note. He swallowed and tried to suppress the on-coming tears he knew were there. “Kagome…Please don’t leave me…I love you… I don’t know what I’ll do without you…”

Kagome heard InuYashas voice, and at this crucial moment, it sounded like an angel singing to her. Her eyes fluttered open and she looked around, even that hard to do. She felt so weak…. She looked at InuYasha and smiled very slowly. She croaked: “H..e…llo…Puppy..” and squeezed his hand.


InuYasha looked into her eyes, biting his lip. “Kagome…I love you.”

Kagome felt tears sting her eyes and then spill over, as realization hit her. ‘I’m dying…’

She let out a struggled sob as reached for InuYasha as best as she could, in which he moved closer and wrapped his arms around her gently, as not to hurt her.


Slowly, the doctors backed away, knowing there was nothing else they could do for Kagome.

InuYasha pulled away from Kagome…well, it could hardly be classified under pulling away. He ran a hand down her cheek softly, brushing a few strands of hair out of her face and tucking them behind her ear.

Kagome watched him through blurry eyes and croaked once again, “InuYasha…sing to me?”

“Sing what, Kagome? I’ll sing anything for you…” he said, watching her as her eyes seemed to get heavy and her grip on his hand seemed to loosen.

“Sing….Halo…please?”

InuYasha sobbed softly and moved a little closer, leaning on the bed and still holding her hand. “Okay…you just relax…Lay back and just listen…” he said, his tone so soft he didn’t recognize it himself.

Kagome lie back on her pillow, tilting her head so she could watch him; the man she loved and always would. She felt her eyes getting heavier and heavier.

“And it’s always little things
To the surface brings
The comfort in the pain
The fear behind the smile….
We loose along the way
The things we leave behind.
Along the precipice of things we should not climb
And I’m the first in line…” he whispered softly to her, watching her as she faded slowly.

Kagome’s eyes slowly closed and her grip on InuYasha’s hand faded away to nothing as she mumbled her last words. “I love you InuYasha…Never forget that…” she winced as sudden pain hit her body. “I’ll be waiting…for…you…” and with that, Kagome Higurashi, was gone.


InuYasha could sing no longer as, he was too busy sobbing. “I love you too, Kagome…” he murmured, laying his head on the side of her bed and crying to his hearts content.


>>~*|One year Later|*~<<

InuYasha stared at the head stone in front of him, flowers surrounding it. Some notes were there, along with other little things. Teddy bears and such.

He placed his bouqet of white and red roses on the head of the stone, and stood upright once again. He watched as the sun slowly went down and then looked back at the head stone. Carved into it were the words,

“Kagome Higurashi.
1982 - 2004
She was a beloved love and friend, and will never be forgotton. Ever.

Forever and a year.”

InuYasha read over it a few times before sighing and beginning to think over that night. He never finished her song…

He took a deep breath of cold air and began to sing softly,

“There’s an ancor around my heart
Draggin’ me down
Beneath the waves of silence I fall
There’s a halo around me head
Spinning me round
Cause I dunno if I’m alive or dead
A dagger in my hand
Bleeding me dry…” his voice carried into the cold night air, and he smiled slowly as he continued to sing.