InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Happy B-day, Inu-Yasha ❯ Chapter 1

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer- I don't own Inu-yasha. : ( though I really wish I did. HEY! My b-day is coming up soon! Anybody want to buy me Inu-Yasha for my b-day? No? Shew fine then…how about Sesshy?! Jeez…u ppl are real mean! lol

Happy Birthday, Inu-Yasha

Kagome hugged her pillow closer to her chest as she began to weep into its softness.

"Why does he have to be so mean to me? I only wanted to do something nice for him on his birthday!" Kagome continued to cry as she remembered their earlier fight.

*Flashback*

"Damn it, bitch, I said no!" Inu-Yasha yelled to her when she asked to go back to her time for a couple hours.

"But, I only need to get something… for Kaede… more umm bandages," she told him, not even sure she believed her own lie.

Today was Inu-Yasha's birthday and Kagome had gotten him a gift. She didn't want to tell him about it, she wanted it to be a cute surprise. Something she could do that would make him happy on his birthday.

"NO!" he growled. `Why should I let her go?' he thought to himself. He was already angry that everyone forgot about his birthday and not once wished him a happy one. `Keh, like I care anyway' he tried to convince himself that it didn't matter. But it did matter; it mattered a lot to the hanyou. The group had spent nearly a year and a half together searching for shards; normally someone would think that they would remember his birthday. Inu-Yasha was greatly hurt by this. It didn't bother him so much that Miroku or Sango didn't remember, but Kagome, he thought she would remember of all people. All his feelings were beginning to show on his face as they took a pause from their fight.

Kagome looked deep into his eyes, as she often did. She saw anger in them…and was that sadness that she also saw? `Oh no! I bet he thought I forgot about his birthday, poor Inu-Yahsa…' her thoughts trailed off as Inu-Yasha broke the silence that overcame them.

"What are you staring at, wench?" he asked her angrily.

"No…nothing…Happy Birthday, Inu-Yasha," she told him as she tore her gaze away from his amber golden eyes.

"Keh! Why are you wishing me a happy birthday? If you wanted me to be happy, you would stay here and find me some more damn shards, so that I can finally make my wish and so that you can go back to your own time and get out of my life for good!" he yelled to her without thinking.

He immediately wished that he hadn't said that. He didn't always mean to make her so upset. But, being the hanyou that he is, it's all he knows how to do. He really wanted to just hold her and kiss her, to thank her for wishing him a happy birthday. `I could never do that; she would sit me so much that I would be digging my way back from hell! Though I'm not sure if the sitting would be from me kissing her or from the shock of me actually doing something like that…' he thought to himself.

By this time, Kagome had rivers of tears making their way down her rosy cheeks. She quickly yelled a few "SIT!'s" and jumped into the old stone well.

*End Flashback*

Kagome picked up something up off of the floor. It was the gift she was planning on giving the hanyou for his birthday. Of course she didn't know how old he was, she wasn't even sure if anyone knew. He looks so young to her still, even knowing that he is many years older than her. But, she knew that this was all because he was part demon, they age much, much slower normal humans do. He had even spent 50 years of his life pinned to a tree by that arrow shot by Kikyou... `til Kagome came and broke the spell. The gift was a cute, stuffed puppy. It had cute floppy ears and amber golden eyes. It also had soft fuzzy, silver fur that reminded her so much of Inu-Yasha's hair. `Did he really mean what he said? Does he really want me to put the stupid jewel together so I can leave him alone?' She began to cry even more when she thought this.

"God…I love him so much! Why can't he love me?!" she screamed to nobody. She lay down on her bed, crying until she finally got exhausted and fell asleep. She dreamt of the past year, all the times her and Inu-Yasha spent together. She would always go to him when she needed someone to talk to, or when she just got lonely. These were the only times she could remember him being nice to her, but she will always cherish these times. He would always hold her close and tell her stories until she would fall asleep. Then he would carry her over to her sleeping bag. Now as she slept, she imagined this was one of those times and he was still holding her.

**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~ **~~*

Inu-Yasha sat on the edge of the well, waiting to see if she would come back. He listened closely. He was waiting for any kind of sound to come from the well that would tell him Kagome was coming back to him…Nothing. `Why would she come back? I really upset her this time. I really wish I hadn't said that' Inu-Yasha thought to himself with a sigh.

`Keh! Like I care. She was the rude one, wanting to leave me on my birthday!" Inu-Yasha spat.

The hanyou looked, and out of the corner of his eye he saw a bush slowly make its way towards him.

"Stop it, Shippou!" Inu-Yasha yelled to the "shrub".

*POOF*

"How did you know it was me?" The little kitsune cried while turning back into the little fox demon that he is.

"Your smell," Inu-Yasha told him flatly

Shippou slowly started to walk up to Inu-Yasha and asked him when he was going to go and apologize to Kagome.

"I mean really! She was only going to get your birthday gi….*cough* I mean some bandages for Kaede. Then she was coming right back," Shippou told him, hoping that he didn't catch on to what he almost said.

"SHE WENT TO GET WHAT?!" The hanyou exclaimed, jumping up from his seat on the well.

"Shew, I was supposed to keep it a secret. But I guess it really doesn't matter now, you already know. She went to get your gift ok? She wanted it to be a surprise, I guess I ruined it," The kitsune said while shuffling his feet a bit.

Boy, did Inu-Yasha really feel guilty now. He felt pretty damn bad before. But now he really felt like shit. All she wanted to do was go get his birthday gift and he completely went off on her, and told her that he didn't want her around. He felt so bad that he needed to apologize for the first time in his life.

"I'm going to go now, I guess I should say that I'm sorry…" he said to Shippou while jumping into the well.

Shippou stood there looking down the well that would take Inu-Yasha to Kagome's time. `I never really thought he would ever apologize for something. I guess he finally decided to grow up.' The kitsune laughed at his thoughts, realizing that Inu-Yasha was older than him. `Those two were made for each other, if only they knew…' his thoughts trailed as he walked back to Kaede's village. It was true, if only they knew of each other's feelings. Inu-Yasha loved Kagome more than anything, and it seemed that everyone could tell except for her. And everyone knew of Kagome's crush, it's always written all over her face.

Inu-Yasha saw the bright colors of the portal which was quickly replaced by the stone walls of the well. He began to climb his way out while thinking of how to say everything he needed to tell her. He made it to the tree that was just outside Kagome's window and jumped up to the branch that would lead him to her room. Inu-Yasha quickly glanced inside to see what she was doing. He opened her window and moved her silky curtains so that he could see more clearly. Noticing that she was asleep, he quietly made his entrance, like he had done so many times before.

Inu-Yasha walked over to her. `My Kagome is so beautiful, especially when she's asleep and not "sitting" me,' he smiled at the idea of her being his Kagome. She had the smell of fresh tears on her face. This quickly removed the smile from his face, because he knew that he was the cause of it all. The hanyou slowly began to walk over to his sleeping beauty, making the least amount of noise possible. He wiped the tears from her cheek with a clawed thumb, being extra careful not to hurt her.

He noticed something on the floor beside Kagome's bed. It was the cute stuffed puppy that resembled Inu-Yasha so much. It even had rosary beads around its neck, just like the ones Kagome used to "sit" the real dog demon when he got out of line. He couldn't help but give a small chuckle at the similarities between him and this toy. Attached to the gift was a card marked "Inu-Yasha =)" It was a simple card on the front it only said "Happy Birthday!" But it was what she had wrote on the inside that that brought the tear to his eye and made him feel guilt and joy all at the same time.

"Dear Inu-Yasha,

I hope that you have a very wonderful birthday. I guess now would be a good time to tell you this. Ok, just to let you know, this isn't easy for me, and I really don't know how you are going to react. I Love You! There I said it, that wasn't so hard. I know you probably don't feel the same towards me, but that is ok. I just felt that I needed to tell you this.

Oh, did you like the puppy? It reminded me so much of you; I just had to get it. So once again… Happy Birthday my lovely Inu-Yasha.

Love always,

Kagome

Kagome

Loves

Inu-Yasha

Forever and Always"

`She loves me?!' he though, `She really loves ME!' He was about to jump for joy when Kagome rolled over in her sleep. She was now facing the smiling hanyou. She began to talk in her sleep…

"I…Inu-ya…yasha" she mumbled and continued to talk "I…love…y..you"

He made his way back to the side of her bed and moved some hair that had fallen into her face. He lightly kissed her forehead and told her `I love you too'.

"Maybe someday," he began to say while climbing into the bed to rest beside her "I'll have the guts to tell you that I love you when you're awake. But, for now, I guess this will have to do."

He wrapped his arms around the love of his life protectively and placed her head under his chin so that he could lose himself in the smell of her hair.

"I'm sorry, Kagome, I want you to be in my life…always. I would never want you to leave me, and I would never leave you without one hell of a fight." He told the sleeping wonder that was beside him.

He absolutely loved this woman and everything about her. He loved the way her hair would always smell of lilacs, the way she would make a little `eep' sound when he would sneak up and scare her. But most of all, he loved the way she would trust him with everything. She put her life in his hands so many times in the past; she would come to him when she got lonely and tell him her biggest fears and secrets. Now he was planning on giving her the same attention he had always got from her.

"Inu-Yasha…" she mumbled.

Assuming that she was still asleep and wanted to play along some more he replied with a `yes my love?'

Kagome giggled and rolled onto her other side to face him. Her eyes fluttered open and she said "You just told me."

The hanyou's face turned a million shades of red, even ones that Kagome didn't know could appear on people's faces. Seeing her Inu-Yasha blush was a rare site, which only made her giggle even more. He began to smile because he knew he was making her happy. `I'm gonna have to act like this from now on.' He thought to himself while smiling at his love.

"And I meant every word of it," Inu-Yasha told her right before he wrapped her arms around her waist tighter, pulling her closer to him.

They spent the rest of the evening resting in each other's arms and talking of spending the rest of their lives together. After they put the jewel together, they agreed to use it to make Kagome live as long as Inu-Yasha, he no longer cared about being a full youkai. As long as he had Kagome, he would be just fine. The couple finally got exhausted and fell asleep in the warm embrace.

Kagome woke up in the middle of the night to see Inu-Yasha's sleeping face. `So it wasn't a dream. God, he is so beautiful.' She thought while giving him a quick kiss on the cheek. She moved her hand from his waist, only to get a small whimper from him. `Too cute' she sighed and moved her hand up to his puppy dog ears. She began to gently rub them and noticed a smile make its way to the sleeping hanyou's face. She smiled again and put her arm back around his waist. She gently kissed him, not wanting to startle him.

"Mm…I could stand waking up like this more often." Inu-yasha managed to say between yawns.

"I love you," she told him while snuggling back into his inviting embrace.

"I love you too, Kagome," he whispered into her ear as they went back to dreamland.