InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Hardly There ❯ The Moonless Night ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Summary: A/U Kagome, Sango, and Rin are three Junior High girls who gets dared into going into the creepy abandoned old house across the school and bring back something. While they're exploring, they encounter three ghosts that date back to the Sangoku Jidai. IY/K M/S S/R

Hardly There

by Kumori Ryuuzaki

Chapter Five: The Moonless Night

Kagome continued up the stairs to Inuyasha's room silently, clutching the small package in her hands. She had no idea why Sango wanted her to give Inuyasha's his present, and quite truthfully, she had a feeling she really didn't want to know.

When she reached Inuyasha's door she knocked. No answer. A bit peeved at Inuyasha for not answering, Kagome continued to knock, until she heard Inuyasha snapped inside, "Go away!"

"But I--" Kagome couldn't finished because Inuyasha yelled, "I thought I said to go away!"

"Fine!" Kagome snapped, throwing the package to the ground. She stormed off to where the others would be, muttering unde her breath about ungrateful jerks. (AN: Guess who?)

"Hey Kagome!" Miroku greeted when she slammed the door open. "I take it didn't go well...?"

Kagome growled and started kicking the wall.

"I take that as yes," Miroku said. "I guess I forgot to warn you..."

"Warn me about what? About how much of an ungrateful, insensitive, egoistic, rude, immature jerk he is???" Kagome snapped.

"Hehe, no," Miroku answered nervously. "Actually, you won't be far off if you thought it was a yes, but Inuyasha's a bit moody today..."

"A BIT???" Kagome exclaimed.

"Don't mind Inuyasha," Sesshoumaru said, looking up from his watch. He had been trying to figure out how to work it. "It's his time of month."

Sango, Rin, and Kagome blinked, looking a bit weirded out.

"Eh heh, it's not exactly as it sounds!" Miroku said. "He just...umm...uh..."

"He what?" Sango asked, poking Miroku.

"Go on..." Rin said.

"Actually, Inuyasha should be the one telling you..." Miroku trailed off. "It's really none of our buiseness, and if he doesn't want you to know...well it's his desicion..."

"They'll never know," Sesshoumaru said.

"You've got a point there," Miroku murmured. "But I still say it's up to Inuyasha-sama to decide if they should know or not. I mean, it is about him..."

Sesshoumaru glanced at the monk. "Yes, let's all hope they don't decide to ambush him."

"We're right here, you know!" Sango snapped.

"Of course, Lady Sango!" Miroku said cheerfully, taking her hands. "How can I forget such a lovely young woman such as yourself?"

Sango smacked him. "Shut up!"

"I hope it isn't anything too bad," Kagome said, forgetting her earlier anger at Inuyasha.

"As long as no one's trying to kill him, he's fine," Sesshoumaru said boredly.

"Geee, I really do feel better," Kagome said dryly.

"I do!" Rin said cheerfully.

"I guess we can't go back to our poker marathon," Sango sighed.

"Why don't we just play poker?" Rin suggested. "We won't keep points or anything. We're just playing because there's nothing else to do."

"That's not a bad idea," Miroku agreed. "Who's in the lead anyways?"

"Inuyasha," Sango and Rin chorused.

"I should've known," Miroku sighed. "Anyways, we were going to play poker?"

"Hai!" Rin smiled and pulled out a deck of cards. "I'll deal!"

~*~

They spent most of the day playing card games, like Poker, 21, and even Gold Fish. Sango wanted to do a littl ebit of gambling, and since Sesshoumaru and Miroku had no cash on them, they ended up betting candy.

And so the little group were playing 21, Miroku dealing. He had a bit of trouble at first ("Hit me." *SLAP!* "Ow! What the hell?" "You said 'hit me'."), but after a bit of explaining, groping, and smacking, everything went okay.

"Hit me," Kagome said, never takng her eyes off her cards. Miroku handed her a card, and she groaned. "I'm busted..."

"Hit," Sesshoumaru said. When Sesshoumaru received his card, he said, "Twenty-one."

Everyone else groaned. Sesshoumaru had once again, won.

"Inu youkai brothers strike again," Miroku muttered. "When one isn't winning, the other one is."

"Sure seems like it, doesn't it?" Rin commented. "We're lucky we don't use real money--I'd loose all my allowance already and Sesshoumaru-sama would be richer than everyone in this house put together."

"Houshi-sama! Deal already!" Sango said impatiently.

"Sure, Lady Sango! Anything for the Goddess of Beauty herself," Miroku said, flashing a charming smile at Sango.

"Shut up and deal," Sango murmured. Her cheeks felt a bit warm.

"Okay!" Miroku said cheerfully, dealing once again. He turned to Rin, "Hit or stay?"

"Monk, shut up," Sesshoumaru growled quietly. "I think I hear or smell something..."

"Now that you mention it, I think something's up," Miroku murmured very quietly, only the Inu Youkai was able to pick up.

Sesshoumaru then abruptly stood up. "We have a visitor outside in the back."

"Does Inuyasha...?" Miroku asked uncertainly.

Sesshoumaru glanced out the window. "He should."

Inuyasha choosed the moment to fall from the ceiling and landed perfectl yon his feet. "Something's outside!" he hissed.

"I know," Sesshoumaru said, annoyed. "Monk, keep the girls inside."

Miroku nodded.

"Why should we stay inside!" Sango whined quietly. "What's out there?"

"We don't quite know," Inuyasha answered gruffily. "So, unless you want to expirence it first hand and most likely get killed, be my guest."

"..." The girls quietly looked at each other. Why would anyone go into the backyard?

They did, however, follow the guys to the back door. Through a window next to the door, they could see a figure out near the woods, surrounded by long, slightly glowing, insect-like things. The figure was walking closer, and closer, until they could almost see it's face.

"Kikyou!" Inuyasha snarled.

Kikyou smiled at him, and walked up until she was about ten to fifteen in front of the growling hanyou. "So you do remember me," she said lightly. "Not that it really matters."

"I thought you were dead," Miroku said. "I mean, that bottle...it had your ashes in it...right...?"

"Yes, I did die," Kikyou answered. "But I was ressurected..."

"How--?" Miroku asked.

"Soul Stealing Insects," Sesshoumaru answered. "Those things around her...she must be living off of them..."

"Lord Sesshoumaru, you never cease to amaze me," Kikyou stated.

"Why are you here!" Inuyasha snapped.

"The reason why I am here are for me to know, and only me," Kikyou said in a rather haughty manner. "How're you enjoying the sealing spell?"

Inuyasha growled.

Kagome, Sango, and Rin were still at the window, huddled up so they could see what was happening. Kikyou looked at them and smirked.

"Why, I didn't know you had live company," she said. "And one that happens to be my clone." she added, glaring at Kagome.

Inuyasha snorted. "She's your clone, how...?"

Kikyou's face went expressionless. "I really would love to stick around longer, but I have to go now." A spider demon crawled out of the forest went in front of Kikyou. "Kumo, attack."

The spider demon then crawled to Inuyasha with amazing speed, almost hitting Inuyasha when it swung one of it's legs. A bunch more spiders crawled out of the forest and went attacking Sesshoumaru, Miroku, and Inuyasha.

"Damn!" Inuyasha cursed, as he killed another spider demon. He glanced up to the sky. "Shit, why now?"

"Did Kikyou know?" Miroku shouted to Inuyasha, whacking a spider that tried to attack the girls. " Sango! Duck!"

Sango did, just in time too, when a spider shot out sticky white substance.

"No!" Inuyasha answered, barely dodging another spider.

Kagome watched worriedly, a bit upset she couldn't help. She looked nervously around her ignoring an incoming spider got diced by Sesshoumaru. She stopped at Inuyasha, who seemed to move slower and slower every second.

"Kagome, watch out!" Miroku shouted, making Kagome jump, and barely dodge some sticky white substance a spider demon threw. "Don't touch the white stuff!"

"INUYASHA!!!" Kagome screamed, when Inuyasha got hit by the white stuff, covering every inch of him.

Miroku looked to the sky and thought of very colorful phrases. It was dark, and if the moon would be out tonight, it would be hanging in the sky.

Miroku ran to Inuyasha, while Sesshoumaru continue to dice all the spiders that crawled out of the forest.

"Inuyasha!" Miroku shouted, trying to pull the white stuff off of his hanyou companion. "Hold still! We're trying to get you out!" He looked at the girls. "They're should be gloves in the second floor, thrid door to your right! I need some help to take this stuff of Inuyasha-sama!"

The blob moved and some growling came from it.

"Who cares about that!" Miroku shouted, and he kicked him. "Girls, hurry up!"

Sango, Kagome, and Rin nodded, and ran up the stairs as fast as they could.

And Miroku continued to pull the white stuff off as fast as he could.

"Which room did he say it was in?" Sango asked hurriedly as they reached the second floor.

"Third to our right!" Rin answered, swinging the door open so they could get in. "The gloves should be here!"

Back outside, Sesshoumaru had finished off the last of the spiders, and was now helping Miroku free his good for nothing brother.

"Sesshoumaru, how do you think...we'll explain to the girls...?" Miroku asked suddenly.

Sesshoumaru stopped for a second, then continued on. "We'll tell them the truth."

"But..." Miroku was cut off by the taiyoukai.

"They'll figure it out anyways," Sesshoumaru said. "We can try to hide him, but that be a bit useless."

Miroku stayed silent, while he scraped the white stuff from the black hair that was barely visible through the blob.

The girls got there soon, each holding a pair of gloves, and, with the gloves on, helped them free Inuyasha, not bothering to ask about Inuyasha's diffrent appearances.

~*~

The first thing Inuyasha noticed when he regained conciousness that he slightly damp, like he jumped into a pook of hot water an hour or two ago. The next, he was inside when the last thing he remembered was fighting spider demons, and getting all panicy because of the--shit.

Inuyasha sat up suddenly, causing the other person in the room, Kagome, to let out a small scream. Inuyasha ignored her, knowing she wasn't in any trouble, and started to observe his nails and tugging on his black hair.

"Shit," he said outloud.

"INuyasha?" Kagome said quietly. "Is something wrong?"

Inuyasha ignored Kagome's question and looked at her. "What happened? I feel....wet..."

"Yeah, Miroku sprayed you down with hot water to get all that white stuff off," Kagome answered quietly, finding her hands very interesting all of a sudden. She never knew how interesting it was to play with her hands.

"I remember now..." Inuyasha said thoughtfully. "I got hit by that disgusting smelly white stuff..."

"Inuyasha, I was wondering...er...you don't have to tell me if you don't want to, but..." Kagome started nervously. She was kinda hoping he wouldn't yell. "...but...why has your appearance changed?"

Kagome was ready for Inuyasha to get mad at her or something, but all he did was sit crossed legs and folded his arms accross his chest.

"I guess I should tell you. There's no point in hiding it," Inuyasha said. "Since I'm a hanyou, my demon blood wanes, and I become fully human on the new moon."

"That's why Miroku was all jumpy..." Kagome murmured.

"There's more to it," Inuyasha continued. "Ever since I became what you call a 'ghost', it gets good. I can actually leave this blasted place, and look perfectly solid. I can't go through solid items anymore though."

"So, it's like you're alive again?" Kagome asked excitedly.

Inuyasha winced. "Errr...yeah..."

Kagome leaned closer to him curiously. "Is something wrong, Inuyasha?"

"...." Inuyasha didn't say anything for a minute, then answered, "No, nothing's wrong." He kept his gaze on the floor.

Kagome frowned, but stay silent. They sat like that for awhile, until Kagome interupted the silence. "I see you got that present opened already," Kagome said, pointing to Inuyasha's new item that somehow got to the far corner of the room. "It's not much, and you might not use it..."

"I already used it," Inuyasha said simply.

"INUYASHA!!! WHAT THE HELL DID YOU CARVED ONTO MY WALL!?!?!?" came Sesshoumaru's shout of fustration from his room.

Inuyasha fell back laughing.

"What did you write on his wall?" Kagome asked curiously.

"I used the little knife thing I found on that contraption, and carved out Rin's name onto Sesshoumaru's wall, surrounded by hearts," Inuyasha answered, after he finally managed to calm down from his laughing fit.

Kagome giggled. She could imagine Sesshoumaru's expression when he saw the carving. Then, from the direction Sesshoumaru's room was, there was a loud laugh, and some screams of horror.

"That must be Miroku," Inuyasha said. "Sesshoumaru's gonna kill me too..."

To be Continued...

AN: Fifth chapter! Sorry it took two days longer, but...eh heh...sorry! And cookies to my reviewers! ^_^

FanFiction.Net:

kin, rain, Divine-Heart: Thanks for reviewing!

FluffyLuver4Eva: I don't get the first question. -_-I had no idea what Miroku should have, and then the thought of Miroku reading a swimsuit magazine popped into my head. And thank you for reviewing and even liking my story!

Kendra Kontaki: Yeah. I have a spellcheck, but all it checks is grammar problems. It's completely and utterly useless. *sigh*

SaKuRa-MIna: It's okay, I don't mind.

knight: S/R is coming. Everything takes time. Rin will get more lines.

MediaMiner.Org:

rain: My work isn't supposed to be very funny. But some people thought so. Oh well, can't say I'm disappointed.

lysel, rain, jazzy, waterrain: Thanks for reviewing.

bise b: Miroku seriously use another tatic if he wants to find a wife. His way isn't too effective. Something bad will happen to Kagome that makes Inuyasha want to jump off a building. I got the a large portion of the story planned out.

Paws: To answer your question, read the rest of the chapters!

~Kumori Ryuuzaki