InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ HeartSong ❯ 1983 And A Girl Named Amaya Hikari. ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I do not own InuYasha, its characters or any quotes I may use
Saying that may getting old, but this never will. I OWN AMAYA HIKARI!!!!!!!!!!


CHAPTER TWO: 1983 AND A GIRL NAMED AMAYA HIKARI.
Tokyo, Japan
2000
Kagome called out a farewell to her mother and ran down to the small shrine that stood over the old well. Jumping in she closed her eyes as she felt her body float in the air then softly hit the ground. She climbed out of the well and made her way to Kaede's village. Half-way there Shippo greeted her with a smile and a hug.
"Kagome!" he cried and jumped into her arms.
Even though he was three years older, he was still small enough to be held and settled comfortably into Kagome's arms.
"Hello Shippo. How have things been over here?"
Shippo made a face, "InuYasha's being mean, I think he missed you. And Sango and Miroku have been acting strange more then usual."
Kagome smiled, "I see."
It'd been two weeks since Kagome first met Hana Rain. And she couldn't get what the woman had said out of her mind. It was like a haunting dream, that wouldn't fade. "I have to find out. If the well she fell through was the same one I did. And if she ended up here."
"Kagome!"
Kagome blinked and looked up. Standing in front of her was her hanyou boyfriend, InuYasha. And he had a slight frown on his handsome face.
Kagome tilted her head and smiled, "What?"
"What's wrong? What where you thinking about?"
Kagome shrugged, "Oh nothing. I just..." she sighed and trailed off.
Shippo looked back and forth between the two then jumped down from Kagome's arms, "I better go."
Neither acknowledged him.
"Kagome," InuYasha said gently and placed his clawed hands on her shoulders, "What's wrong?"
Kagome wrapped her arms around InuYasha's neck and laid her face in the crock of his neck. "I'm not sure."
InuYasha's eyes flashed angrily, "Did somebody hurt you?"
Kagome shook her head, her face still buried, "No. I just....I found out something....strange while I was home. And it's really been bothering me ever since."
InuYasha pulled back and took her hand, "Well, come with me and we'll go to Kaede's. You can tell everyone there. Okay?"
Kagome nodded and followed him to the hut.

Ten minutes later everyone had gathered in Kaede's hut and waited for Kagome to speak.
Kagome shifted nervously and starred into the fire, "I'm not sure where to start."
"How about the beginning?" Kaede said with a smile.
"Lady Kaede?"
A woman appeared at the door, "Forgive me. But my daughter has injured her leg."
Kaede stood, "My apologizes Kagome. Ye will have to tell me later."
Kagome nodded and Kaede and the woman left.
Turning back to the group Kagome started her story, "Well...about two weeks ago I was giving a new assignment at work. Her name is Hana Rain."
"Is she a demon?" InuYasha cut in, earning him a smack on the back of the head from Miroku.
"Ow" he snarled, but he shut his mouth when Sango glared and pointed to Kagome.
"No, she's not a demon. It's just her story that startled me. 17 years ago her granddaughter disappeared, through a well. Nobody has seen her since."
Everyone's eyes widened and Sango stuttered, "Y-you mean somebody come here before you did?"
Kagome nodded slowly, "I think so. It was the same well, at my family's shrine. But I never heard the story before. Have any of you ever heard of somebody coming here before?"
They all shook their heads.
"17 years ago were we all just little kids." Miroku pointed out.
"And I've never heard of any stories of a girl coming through the well" Sango added.
InuYasha crossed his arms, "I was pinned to a tree 17 years ago, so don't even ask me."
"What about you Shippo?" Kagome asked.
The young fox demon frowned as he thought, "No. Not me."
Kagome sighed, "That doesn't mean she didn't come though. She probably just didn't met anyone. Or at least anyone who would speak of her."
"What if she got killed?" InuYasha asked softly.
"Then I'm gonna find out how."
Sango's eyebrows raised, "Are you serious Kagome?"
"Of course. I'm going to find out everything I can about her. Here and at home."
Kagome stood suddenly and went over to the hut door, "In fact I'm gonna go right now."
InuYasha jumped to his feet as well, "Right now?!" he whined, "But you just got here!"
Kagome stopped and turned back, "I know. I'm sorry InuYasha but this is important!"
"And what am I?" InuYasha asked quietly.
Kagome sighed and closed her eyes. Running her hands over her face she knelt them in front of her mouth and looked at InuYasha.
Sango and Miroku stood, "We'll be outside."
Shippo jumped on Miroku's shoulder and Sango carried Kirara in her arms.
They past by Kagome and let the door mat fall behind them, leaving the two alone.
"I'm sorry InuYasha. I didn't mean it like that."
InuYasha huffed and sat back down, "Then how did you mean it?"
Kagome walked over and knelt in front of her boyfriend, "I just meant that. This is big InuYasha. Huge. It may have been 17 years, but that doesn't mean it should be forgotten. Someone should know what happened to her."
InuYasha frowned, "But you can't tell anyone. You know that."
Kagome nodded, "True. But I'll know. And maybe I could tell Hana, sort of a way to put her mind and soul at rest, before she dies."
InuYasha studied her face before nodding, "Fine. I'll help you."
Kagome smiled in surprise, "You will?"
"Yeah. Since it's really that important to you, I'll help."
Kagome threw her arms around him, causing them to topple over.
"Oof!"
Kagome landed on top and they stared into each other's eyes.
"Thank you" Kagome whispered.
"No problem" InuYasha whispered back before covering her mouth with his in a sweet kiss.
Finally pulling back Kagome laid her head on InuYasha's chest and watched the fire lick the air.
"What's her name?"
Kagome looked up, "Hmm?"
"The girl, the one we're looking for."
"Oh" she laid her head back down, "Amaya. Amaya Hikari."

New York, USA
1983
A young women slowly closed her suitcase, picked it up and made her way down the stairs. She was on her way to Tokyo Japan to visit her grandparents, the ones she hadn't seen since she was 5. Now, 12 years later she was going to spend a year with them, with people she hardly knew, and a land she had never seen.
Looking at her reflection in the mirror, she sighed, "This bites."
Her brother, Davis, stood at end of the stairs, "You ready kid?"
She just handed the suitcase and he smiled grimly and took it out to the car.
"Amaya Hikari, what are you wearing?!"
"My name is Akari" she replied through gritted teeth.
Julie Young exhaled deeply and placed her hands on her hips, "The name you were given when you were born and the name that is on your birth certificate is Amaya Hikari. But" she held up a hand to keep her daughter from speaking, "To avoid an argument that I'm sure will ensue from this conversation. I say again. Akari, what are you wearing?"
Akari looked down at her attire and shrugged, "What's wrong?"
Julie examined Akari with raised eyebrows.
Her long copper red hair was pulled up in a high ponytail, the black streaks standing out in contrasts. Her blue-gray eyes enhanced by her long and black eyelashes.
Black, fingerless biker gloved covered her hands along with her black nail polish. Short black tank top and tight blue jeans. Julie's eyes leveled at her low-rise jeans, "Akari. I told you to dress nice. You're going to met you grandparents. Please tell me you pack something different."
Akari shook her head slowly as Ryan Young walked in.
He seeing the looks on his family's faces he stopped and looked between his daughter and wife, "Is there a third world war going on that I don't know about?"
Julie slowly shook her head, "I give up. We don't have time. Just get in the car." She stormed out and shut the door firmly behind her.
Ryan turned on his daughter, "Akari" he said softly, "Why do you do this?"
Akari sank to the steps and hugged her legs, "I don't know dad. I just...I'm just trying to be myself. Why can't she understand that?"
Ryan sat down next to her, "I don't know what to tell you Akari."
Akari laid her head on his shoulder, "Have you ever felt out of place?"
Ryan frowned and looked down at her, "What do you mean?"
"Sometimes...I feel out of place. Like I don't belong here."
Ryan chuckled, "Then where do you belong?"
Akari shrugged, "I dunno. Just not here. A different place. Maybe a even a different time."
Davis stuck his head in through the front door, "Hey Akari, dad. It's time to go. We don't want to miss the plane."
Akari and Ryan stood and followed him out the door.
24 hours later
Akari yawned and sleepily stepped off the plane. Her family waited with her at the airport then said their goodbyes and she was on her own. Walking inside the airport she looked for a English sign or one with her name on it. Instead she heard it.
"Amaya! Amaya Hikari!"
Biting her tongue to keep from barking her real name, she turned with a tight smile, "Hello."
An elderly couple approached her with smiles, "Amaya" the woman greeted then gave her a hug.
Akari hugged her back, "Hey. Before we continue with this. Call me Akari. I really don't like the name Amaya."
The couple nodded, "That's fine" the man said, "Akari. How do you feel about hugs from your grandfather?"
After they finished with the hugs and greeting they went and found her suitcase; a large black bag with navy blue stars.
Akari's grandfather, John, placed the suitcase in the back and opened the door for Akari and her grandmother, Hana.
As they drove through the streets Hana pointed out various places and buildings and explained their significances to Akari.
"What's that place?" Akari asked pointing to a long flight of stairs.
"Oh that's the _______ Shine" John answered.
"What's at that place?"
"Well if you'd like we can show you tomorrow" Hana said with a smile, "In fact, we can go sight seeing, we'll make a day of it. Anywhere you want to go, just say the word and we'll go."
Akari raised he eyebrows, "Really? You really mean that?"
John and Hana both nodded, "You bet."
Akari settled down into her seat, "Maybe this won't be so bad after all." She looked out the back window, "Maybe...this could be where I belong."