InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Heaven, Hell, and Earth ❯ Chapter One ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“Oi, Totosai!” InuTaisho called out, his tone laced with irritation. “Where the hell are you, old man?”
 
When he didn't receive an answer right away, the Lord of the Western Lands let out an exasperated sigh and resisted the urge to punch the closest thing to him, which happened to be a rather good-sized boulder. Then he quickly shook his urge off and strode forward to the cave in which Totosai, a master sword-smith and a long-time friend of his, resided. The old youkai had known that he was going to show up today. InuTaisho had been sure to send the sword-smith word one month then one week before he intended to arrive.
 
`I don't have the time for this, dammit,' he sighed to himself as he stepped inside the cave. `Yashira will have my head if I'm not back soon.'
 
Within the folds his kimono were two precious yet tiny pieces of treasure . . . the reason for his visit to Totosai.
 
InuTaisho was on a mission. A very important mission.
 
To some, it may not have seemed like much. All he really was going to do was have some swords forged from his fangs. However, it was what the swords were going to be capable of doing that and to whom they would end up going to that made them special to the inuyoukai.
 
The first sword he had decided would be Tenseiga, the sword of Heaven and of healing. Of course, it would be capable of doing more than just healing. It would be capable of reviving a hundred men and opening the pathway to Heaven itself. However, he wasn't about to tell the receiver of such a sword what it would do. No. InuTaisho was far too clever for that. The bearer of the sword would have to learn what it could do. Such was his decision.
 
The second and final sword he had decided to call Tetsusaiga, the sword of Earth . . . and destruction. It would be a sword of protection, capable of slaying a hundred enemies . . . to the child that would receive it . . . well, as with Tenseiga, the bearer would have to learn the attacks that the sword would possess. He wasn't about to make anything easy for his future children. Both swords would eventually be able to seal away his current sword, Sou'unga, to the Netherworld.
 
A light smile graced his features as he fingered the two fangs nestled within his armour. Already, Yashira showed the signs of bearing him a pup. The prospect thrilled him and scared him at the same time. He really wasn't ready to be a father . . . and he didn't necessarily want to be a father. However, as it was with his brothers, it was his duty to ensure that his family bloodline would survive. It was entirely possible that he could end up with more children through Yashira . . . he'd already sired one child with a female inuyoukai warrior, a son that was doing him proud so far . . . and a son that he had very little to do with. By choice.
 
`It's better this way,' he told himself as thoughts of Ryu came to mind. `He doesn't need to have to deal with me on top of his mother's death. He can go on living. That's all I really want anyway. The Order is the best place for him anyway.'
 
“Lord InuTaisho?”
 
At the sound of Totosai's voice, InuTaisho snapped out of his thoughts and glanced at the old swordsmith, his eyes narrowed some. Immediately, the old youkai gulped and cringed.
 
“Where have you been, Totosai?” he inquired smoothly, reaching into his kimono. “I've been waiting for you.”
 
“You were? I hope you weren't waiting long . . .”
 
“Not at all,” InuTaisho replied, pulling his two fangs out of his kimono. “Though I was quite certain you'd forgotten about me.”
 
“Me? Forget about you, my Lord?” Totosai blinked. “Never!”
 
“Good,” InuTaisho nodded. He handed the two fangs over to the swordsmith. “I'm very glad to hear that. I trust that you'll have my swords for me soon?”
 
“Of course,” the swordsmith assured him. “Of course. Two days tops.”
 
To that, InuTaisho smiled.
 
“Good. I'll see you in two days.”